Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

2013 ended very strong, and I am sincerely hoping we get more Aaron Neville in the future because Sanz had me near dying over and over in that episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

2013 ended very strong, and I am sincerely hoping we get more Aaron Neville in the future because Sanz had me near dying over and over in that episode.

Bring Back Shelly Driftwood.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Politicalrancor posted:

Bring Back Shelly Driftwood.

I listened to this episode last night and it's just as funny as ever. That story needs to be in the best-of, it made no sense whatsoever and was hilarious.

THIS MONDAY! NEVER! PIETOWN!!!!

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 18, 2013

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

I don't know if you guys regularly listen to the Dead Authors Podcast but you should definitely check out the most recent episode:

http://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/chapter-29-clement-clarke-moore-and-irving-berlin-featuring-scott-aukerman-and-neil-campbell

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Politicalrancor posted:

I love the Colin Hanks christmas episode, so much so that I listened to it the other day and actually looked up if Michael Douglas and Pat Riley have ever been in the same room. So yeah High Praise! but I feel like it kinda falls short of that episode.

The more I think about it, 85 is probably the best single episode of CBB character-wise.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
The CBB Christmas thing I relisten to most is this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcM6mCS-Nq8

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

I listened to this episode last night and it's just as funny as ever. That story needs to be in the best-of, it made no sense whatsoever and was hilarious.

THIS MONDAY! NEVER! PIETOWN!!!!

also the whole "Goodfelines" derail and Sanz going from not remembering Blair Butler's name to the dissolution of their friendship because she told Shelly "Go Get Me My Sauces" at a Wendy's.

Power of Pecota posted:

The more I think about it, 85 is probably the best single episode of CBB character-wise.

Chupacabra and Cake Boss are so on point that episode. Also I think that was the first episode of the show I listened to. I've been trying for like a year to recall how I stumbled on that and it frustrates the hell out of me.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Politicalrancor posted:

also the whole "Goodfelines" derail and Sanz going from not remembering Blair Butler's name to the dissolution of their friendship because she told Shelly "Go Get Me My Sauces" at a Wendy's.

BRETT Butler. And they also shared the center square on Hollywood Squares.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I was listening to this episode on a flight and cracking up, then I got home and my girlfriend had just bought some cocoa butter and I died laughing again

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Cocoa hoombutterrrr

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
creaaaaam

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

We're also leaving out the best part of the Shelly Driftwood ep, in which he witnesses his car dealer boss have sex with someone that isn't his wife. He is in a tree watching them lie down right next to each other, and the guys penis goes across and inside. It's probably the hardest i've ever laughed at CBB.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

Beeez posted:

The CBB Christmas thing I relisten to most is this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcM6mCS-Nq8

For me it's this Little Gary's instant holiday classic.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

ArtVandelay posted:

We're also leaving out the best part of the Shelly Driftwood ep, in which he witnesses his car dealer boss have sex with someone that isn't his wife. He is in a tree watching them lie down right next to each other, and the guys penis goes across and inside. It's probably the hardest i've ever laughed at CBB.

uhh actually its the electrician who's dick snakes across to the Car Dealer's wife. The electrician then killed himself installing a wet bowl in O.J. Simpson's hot tub.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Politicalrancor posted:

uhh actually its the electrician who's dick snakes across to the Car Dealer's wife. The electrician then killed himself installing a wet bowl in O.J. Simpson's hot tub.

Also the wife rolls away from the house in a Flaming Lips ball. I'm almost in tears every time I listen to that stupid story.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Also it was JonBenet Ramsey's house!

Okay, that part's not true

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Wipeoot

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Devonaut posted:

I don't know if you guys regularly listen to the Dead Authors Podcast but you should definitely check out the most recent episode:

http://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/chapter-29-clement-clarke-moore-and-irving-berlin-featuring-scott-aukerman-and-neil-campbell

Thank you

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
That Dead Authors' is amazing, in particular Scott just bringing everything back round to slavery

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Wow, 4 best of episodes. And this one is over 2 hours. That's a lot of best ofs. More importantly, that's a lot of Scott & Paul banter.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The Werner Herzog review of the Hotel Majestic
http://www.yelp.com/biz/hotel-majestic-san-francisco-2#hrid:4qZSpyzegtklMvhVbtw0TQ

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

It only took 6 minutes to break into the Cantina song. :golfclap:

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
These are pretty much my favourite episodes of any podcast so am insanely happy there are going to be 4 of them. (If you were wondering, "Judge Judy and executioner" is from Hot Fuzz)

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

6 minutes in and they are already singing a random song, fantastic.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I presume they'll be doing Mon/Thu releases of the 4 podcasts over the next 2 weeks? I'm really looking forward, as I end up listening to CBB before I go to sleep (as I have no commute anymore) and I often miss some really good stuff.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

Power of Pecota posted:

It really is... Bob Ducca, Don Dimello, Cake Boss and El Chupacabra... it honestly can't get better than that.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

here's the got drat newsletter

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Number One! Five!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Goodfelines was robbed! Robbed!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Took about six and a half minutes for the Cantina Theme to come up.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

That Weird Al episode was not good

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Politicalrancor posted:

Goodfelines was robbed! Robbed!

Yes, can't believe that didn't make the top 15. The whole Easter Island story, through the electrician having an affair with the Car dealers wife is really up there in my best of CBB as a whole.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

ArtVandelay posted:

Yes, can't believe that didn't make the top 15. The whole Easter Island story, through the electrician having an affair with the Car dealers wife is really up there in my best of CBB as a whole.

I think it being so early in the year really hurt it. In fact, im pretty sure it was the first episode of 2013.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Just listened to the Daly/Tompkins tour episode. Dom DiMello in front of a live crowd is amazing.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Politicalrancor posted:

I think it being so early in the year really hurt it. In fact, im pretty sure it was the first episode of 2013.

I'm just hoping that story comes up as a BBBBBBBBBOOOOOONUSSSSSSS clip. It's too funny to get left out, especially over the Weird Al and Chili Peppers episodes.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Forgot about this episode.

"My name is unpronounceable"
"Is it the N-word?"

Cue everyone breaking down laughing.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

FordPRefectLL posted:

Forgot about this episode.

"My name is unpronounceable"
"Is it the N-word?"

Cue everyone breaking down laughing.

The best is how Scott taunts PFT with "Yes and!"

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Conduit for Sale! posted:

The best is how Scott taunts PFT with "Yes and!"

Yes and it's not what you think!

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Illinois Smith posted:

Just listened to the Daly/Tompkins tour episode. Dom DiMello in front of a live crowd is amazing.

The audible groans from the crowd when he talks about lighting annie on fire are hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Have a tasty, nasty little Christmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq8an3w6jRs