Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ariong posted:

Daisy was never in smash bros. I can't really think of any ability she would have to differentiate her from peach. Other than maybe shooting lasers out of that third eye.
To be fair, I'd totally play her if she canonically shot lasers out of her third eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Nihilarian posted:

To be fair, I'd totally play her if she canonically shot lasers out of her third eye.

"Hi, I'm Daisy!" *Tree in background bursts into flame* "Oops! Hee hee!"

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Ariong posted:

Daisy was never in smash bros. I can't really think of any ability she would have to differentiate her from peach. Other than maybe shooting lasers out of that third eye.

I believe she has enough powers shown off in third party games to make a moveset from that can't be attributed to Peach (the sports games in particular).

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Nintendo, please hire chuuurls to voice all Toads and/or Lumas in future games please and thank you.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ariong posted:

Like that has ever stopped Smash Bros from adding a character.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TwoPair posted:

Nintendo, please hire chuuurls to voice all Toads and/or Lumas in future games please and thank you.

Yes, chuuurls needs to be in charge of those voices.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Zebia posted:

I believe she has enough powers shown off in third party games to make a moveset from that can't be attributed to Peach (the sports games in particular).

But Waluigi is the only character appropriate to represent the Mario sports games.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrrNBbWN4Vk&hd=1

The gobstoppers do not count.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Jewel posted:

The gobstoppers do not count.

This LP has lost all credibility. Burn the thread.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
If not for the meticulously fact-checked data why am i even watching this LP? :negative:

Oh right, face puns.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

RoadCrewWorker posted:

If not for the meticulously fact-checked data why am i even watching this LP? :negative:

Oh right, face puns.
I can't space myself in the mirror anymore after making such a terrible mistake welcome back to Super Mario Galaxy 2.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I can't space myself in the mirror anymore after making such a terrible mistake welcome back to Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Oh no, now we're doing his work for him!

Supersonic Buddha
Sep 6, 2010

Inertia is a property of matter.
I don't know if this has been linked yet but here you go, Star Bits candy.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I agree, AndorianBlues. Between Slowbeef not being the first LPer and this travesty, I just don't know who to trust anymore.

Diabetus
Jul 5, 2004

:mario: Part XXXII - Bowser's Galaxy Generator :mario:

Baldurdash / YouTube
(guests: slowbeef)

:toot: Soundtrack :toot:
- Bowser's Galaxy Generator theme

Carousel Of Regret
Nov 7, 2013
And with that we've cleared the final turtle welcome back to Super Bowser Galaxy 2.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The coins are the blood money Bowser pays people to kill Mario.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Diabetus posted:

:mario: Part XXXII - Bowser's Galaxy Generator :mario:

Baldurdash / YouTube
(guests: slowbeef)

:toot: Soundtrack :toot:
- Bowser's Galaxy Generator theme
You forgot the amazing music that plays during the so-so final battle
- Final Bowser Battle

Also Rosalina is a terrible character why is anyone excited about anything related to her?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'd probably play a game where Mario becomes a werekoopa.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Nihilarian posted:

I'd probably play a game where Mario becomes a werekoopa.

Does the koopa shell item from new super mario bros count? Because it's actually kinda lame.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Stompfail on the very last star, well played Diabetus. :golfclap:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Also Rosalina is a terrible character why is anyone excited about anything related to her?

She really breaks down the pattern of well-established, complex, flawed, human, ambiguous characters the Mario series is known for, really.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Maremidon posted:

She really breaks down the pattern of well-established, complex, flawed, human, ambiguous characters the Mario series is known for, really.
Look, frankly, I'd rather have Bill Board.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
You see, Mario's darker side needed more representation in Smash, beyond Luigi's weird-as-shell (welcome back to supah bowsah galaxy two) final smash

But seriously, roughly 50% of people are just glad there are more female characters in Smash, roughly 48% of people legitimately think she's a good character (shrug) or that she looks really interesting to play as (she does), and we don't mention the last 2%. These are hard-researched extremely accurate numbers.

The final Bowser fight theme is so incredibly hilariously epic for a fight that will last about forty seconds tops if you know what you're doing, and doubly so because it's a Mario game and it's for a doofus like Bowser.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Rosalina is pretty cool and as Wild Knight said, it's just nice to have more female characters in Smash to play as V:shobon:V

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Because apparently 'playing as a girl' is an important thing in fighting games?

Mr. Bill
Jan 18, 2007
Bourgeoisie Pig

Neruz posted:

Because apparently 'playing as a girl' is an important thing in fighting games?

It's more that "there's non-sexualized girls you can play as in a videogame at all" that's important.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
This is the best discussion. Can't see it going wrong at all.

I don't remember anything from the Special Worlds besides the last one so I'm looking forward to see them.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I want to see a sitcom now where Ridley and Bowser are roommates in Brooklyn. :v:

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...

ReturnOfFable posted:

This is the best discussion. Can't see it going wrong at all.

I just wanna mess with other Smash Bros players by distorting gravity and poo poo. :shrug:

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.

Mr DJB posted:

I just wanna mess with other Smash Bros players by distorting gravity and poo poo. :shrug:

Man if she gets a bunch of gravity moves, that would be the best. Let's just put in a Smash Bros. character who's sole purpose is to dick over and frustrate everyone else.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Does it really matter? Everyone is going to play Marth and Falco anyway...

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Bowser's favorite musician is Chelonius Monk

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
That last Bowser theme sounded like the stage was shell on Earth.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

ReturnOfFable posted:

Man if she gets a bunch of gravity moves, that would be the best. Let's just put in a Smash Bros. character who's sole purpose is to dick over and frustrate everyone else.

Metaknight says hi.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I love Portal because Chell doesn't speak welcome back to Bowser Galaxy 2.

I am Superman's 3rd cousin Turt-el. Welcome back to Bowser Galaxy 2.

I guess in Diabetus and Slowbeef world Bowser is also from Brooklyn going by their accents?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ReturnOfFable posted:

That's why the Faceship should be the new character.

Archaotic
Aug 12, 2008

ReturnOfFable posted:

I feel like that was R.O.B.'s original purpose in Brawl. At least for me.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
For the record, I don't know how it's possible, but you can die in the credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mooseontheloose posted:

I love Portal because Chell doesn't speak welcome back to Bowser Galaxy 2.

I am Superman's 3rd cousin Turt-el. Welcome back to Bowser Galaxy 2.

I guess in Diabetus and Slowbeef world Bowser is also from Brooklyn going by their accents?

Diabetus' Bowser just sounded like Batman.

• Locked thread