Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
What are good parings for a mid level group? I have my Thor almost maxed, but have trouble deciding who to use with him. I like Hawkeye modern as I got most of his covers from the event last week and he does decent damage with blues and purples but am not sure who to use as my third. All my three stars have at most three covers, so they are out for now and other than Storm Classic, have no one near full covers. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

What are good parings for a mid level group? I have my Thor almost maxed, but have trouble deciding who to use with him. I like Hawkeye modern as I got most of his covers from the event last week and he does decent damage with blues and purples but am not sure who to use as my third. All my three stars have at most three covers, so they are out for now and other than Storm Classic, have no one near full covers. Any suggestions?

Wolverine, to eat up the greens that your yellows will poo poo out.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Wolverine, to eat up the greens that your yellows will poo poo out.

Amen to that. I love my Thor/Wolverine/Modern Hawkeye group. Hawkeye withdraws back and pulls out Wolverine, and he'll heal up most of the damage anyway.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Hahahaha Ragsy now has 5 red covers. With +3 to all/+3 to red I can triple-Thunderclap, dealing 1,200 damage (at current level 70) and creating 15 green tiles. After a couple crits and the occasional cascade, these tiles will go straight to Grey Widow - which should get her fifth green cover tomorrow - so she can multi-shot everyone in the head for 3,000 damage. Then? I make my first move.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

triplexpac posted:

I like when you come across someone who is clearly trying to tank. I saw someone running a minimum leveled team of Bag-man, Yelena and Classic Hawkeye

The thing is, until I knew this was a strategy from posting here, I was just like :woop: free 15 points!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Now that I have a self-healing team, I'm seeing how many times I can slapfight someone until they give up. So far I'm up to three imaculate beatdowns in a row against a Thor/IM 40/Grey Widow team. Someone's probably down a phone after throwing it at a wall.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Oh poo poo!

Time for Hulk to SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

:stare:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hulk Smash! :neckbeard:

e: and apparently it's some kind of co-op event.

Ha, just realised a big green giant is perfect for this time of year.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 19, 2013

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
This is loving amazing. It's a holiday miracle.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Excellent, Wolverine is buffed. Every colour tile is his symbol. :getin:

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Hulk wear...metal pants? :crossarms:

Also, seems like 1st place gets that reward and the reward below that. No more juking over that.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
And a new terrain type - Desert!

50: A lush oasis appears on the horizon. 6 random tiles become basic Green tiles.

200: A sudden sand storm envelops the battlefield, creating 6 critical tiles.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Seems like it's a Hunt style unlock a bunch of areas to fight in thing as well. This should be fun.

e: ugh, some of the missions need a Punisher though.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 19, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

delfin posted:

200: A sudden sand storm envelops the battlefield, creating 6 critical tiles.

Dear god. :stare:

Ahahaha what the gently caress is with the rewards, 1-300, Wolverine 4*. Gotta stay out of the top 300 oh shiiiit.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Al Baron posted:

Hulk wear...metal pants? :crossarms:

Also, seems like 1st place gets that reward and the reward below that. No more juking over that.

Yeah, if they keep this up with other tournaments, it'll stop people loving around to make sure they don't get first place.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I'm sure Hulk ends up with a million hitpoints, but his powers don't look so hot: Smash costs 14 red and up to 10 green :stare:

Grezshnaw
Jun 7, 2004

Ninja Turtledove

SynthOrange posted:

Dear god. :stare:

Ahahaha what the gently caress is with the rewards, 1-300, Wolverine 4*. Gotta stay out of the top 300 oh shiiiit.

Looking at my game top 300 also gets all rewards from the next rank.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
So, Punisher is my favorite comic book character and basically the whole reason I started playing this game is hoping I'd eventually get to play as the Punisher...but like hell I am paying for that 3600 HP guaranteed Punisher pack.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

seravid posted:

I'm sure Hulk ends up with a million hitpoints, but his powers don't look so hot: Smash costs 14 red and up to 10 green :stare:

And injures allies? Am I reading that correctly?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
"Does 30% of the damage to allies if there are more than 10 Green tiles on the board."

HULK LIKE SHINY LONG-HAIR A LITTLE TOO MUCH.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

seravid posted:

Believe me, he's going to have no problem getting that much green. He's a loving green nuclear reactor is what he is

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Russad posted:

And injures allies? Am I reading that correctly?
Yeah, but that's if you have at least 10 greens on the field at first rank. Later ranks will probably up the number.

I wonder if his Black passive will become instant with ranks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wolverine gets a big-gem boost.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! EVERYTHING DIES BEFORE THE CLAWS!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Al Baron posted:

Yeah, but that's if you have at least 10 greens on the field at first rank. Later ranks will probably up the number.

I wonder if his Black passive will become instant with ranks.

It looks like it makes more green tiles actually. The enemy Hulk in one of the missions has a powered up black and it makes three greens for every black countdown. He's going to be hitting his allies a lot.

At least Wolverine is appreciating the storm of green AP.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Is this like the Hunt? Am I not supposed to play any missions until the last day or what :psyduck:

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Mr. Met posted:

So, Punisher is my favorite comic book character and basically the whole reason I started playing this game is hoping I'd eventually get to play as the Punisher...but like hell I am paying for that 3600 HP guaranteed Punisher pack.

There's a Steam sale going on, so its possible that we're going to get 50% off for the DLC packs. Also, apparently if you have a Ukrainian gifter, you can get an even bigger discount.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Is this like the Hunt? Am I not supposed to play any missions until the last day or what :psyduck:

Probably, but I'm guessing the brackets are a lot bigger this time, so getting started sooner should be ok.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
You should at least play the initial missions to unlock the Hulk Sightings, which only have like 24 hrs as opposed to the main event's 8 days.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The brackets are 50 million players. Good luck with that. :v:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

McDragon posted:

e: ugh, some of the missions need a Punisher though.
And you need to be able to beat groups of level 100+ enemies to continue, which I'm sure would be fine if you play all the drat time but when my highest levelled character is 47 this is beedonk.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Tezzeract posted:

Probably, but I'm guessing the brackets are a lot bigger this time, so getting started sooner should be ok.
I could see the top 10 in my bracket for the main event before I completed a match, so you probably can't attempt to game it by waiting it out, anyway.

Edit: wrong quote

No Pants fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 20, 2013

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

SynthOrange posted:

Yes but you see if you can find the slacker 50 million

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Wolverine is a horrible terrible monster with this buff. I hope he gets one in a proper PvP event at some point. :unsmigghh:

Erebus posted:

Yes but you see if you can find the slacker 50 million

Well clearly it's just trying to spur the community on to doing well and unlocking the Hulk by calling us all slackers. :v:

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Looks like the main event is unbracketed, and the 50 million is how many points to unlock hulk. The side events are brackets of 2000, and I haven't noticed any rubberbanding point values yet.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
The side 24 hour events are bracketed into 2000 players, only the main event has all the players.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Desirable rewards up to 50,000 points, after doing everything non-punisher I have 266. I can repeat them for 7 points though!

I hope scaling kicks in later.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think a Hulk/Daken/Wolverine team could be amazing. It'd be Strike Tiles everywhere. Think the main problem would probably be running out of red tiles to Strikify.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

McDragon posted:

I think a Hulk/Daken/Wolverine team could be amazing. It'd be Strike Tiles everywhere. Think the main problem would probably be running out of red tiles to Strikify.

The Punisher can create strike tiles of any color.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
I did everything in the main hulk event, the Nevada, and Canada ones... hulk just jumped away, and I don't see anything new to do.

Also, taking out boosted crit multipliers was a dick move. Good luck seeing the ultimate environmental ability now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Deep Winter posted:

I did everything in the main hulk event, the Nevada, and Canada ones... hulk just jumped away, and I don't see anything new to do.

Also, taking out boosted crit multipliers was a dick move. Good luck seeing the ultimate environmental ability now.

I suspect we'll unlock another area when we reach 50 million.