Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

KettleWL posted:

I was at my local (east Cincinnati) TJ Maxx tonight buying some socks and sweatpants and saw they had a few Nike On-Field Browns jerseys. Colt McCoy in medium and two larges, and a single Cribbs in medium. They were $15 each. So point of my post is threefold:

1. Check yours out if you feel like it, if nothing else could be a cheap stocking gift for a friend or loved one, or maybe a gag gift if they have some awesomely old jersey.

2. Anyone here want one of those and want to cover the price + $5 it'd take to ship it?

3. If anyone does go and checks em out and they see a Nike Bengals jersey for less than $20 buy it and I'll pay you back yo.

Yeah the TJ Maxx stores near Pittsburgh have some older jerseys of players that don't play there anymore for $15 and other gear. I almost bought a Mike Wallace bumblebee jersey just because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Figured some of you guys might want to see this, and also since I'm not a hockey guy tell me how decent it looks. This is from oknfl.com

How is it?

Looking at some pictures online the letter looks shorter and fatter. Kinda bums me out. Also the coloring seems off. Seems like the official jerseys are white as white can be, and these are a little off white.

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 11, 2013

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Comfortador posted:

Figured some of you guys might want to see this, and also since I'm not a hockey guy tell me how decent it looks. This is from oknfl.com

How is it?

Looking at some pictures online the letter looks shorter and fatter. Kinda bums me out. Also the coloring seems off. Seems like the official jerseys are white as white can be, and these are a little off white.

The official jerseys are off-white (for a vintage look), but the front crest is a bit small.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Giants are running some sort of one day sale next Tuesday at the main team store at the stadium where all the merch is %40 off and the jerseys are %50 off.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

AsInHowe posted:

The official jerseys are off-white (for a vintage look), but the front crest is a bit small.

We gave it to him and he appreciated that it even had the strap on it so the jersey couldn't be pulled up, so there's that. (I had no idea that even existed).

It was a win I guess.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx
This is probably discussed somewhere in this colossal thread, but how do the Nike Elites fit? From the size charts on NFLshop, it looks like they're different from the rest of the Nike jerseys. I'm a 44L, and I can't figure out whether I should be buying my now-completely-essential Alshon Jeffery away jersey in a 44 or a 48.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Get it in a 44. The length should still come to about your waist, unless you have an abnormally freakishly long torso. A 48 will be too big for you. If you get one, it'll be REALLY stiff when you first get it, but a couple of wears and maybe 1 wash and it'll fit far better than the jerseys from the last couple of years Reebok was making them.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Going back to the Army/Navy uniforms, why does Army have "The Corps" on their helmets? Wouldn't that be more a Marines things?

Edit: And you'd think there would be a single flag or a two-flag combo for "Army". It would be a pretty common word when supporting landings.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Speleothing posted:

Going back to the Army/Navy uniforms, why does Army have "The Corps" on their helmets? Wouldn't that be more a Marines things?

Edit: And you'd think there would be a single flag or a two-flag combo for "Army". It would be a pretty common word when supporting landings.

I believe the student body is referred to as "The Corps of Cadets", much like Navy has Midshipmen/Middies

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

defiantgiant posted:

This is probably discussed somewhere in this colossal thread, but how do the Nike Elites fit? From the size charts on NFLshop, it looks like they're different from the rest of the Nike jerseys. I'm a 44L, and I can't figure out whether I should be buying my now-completely-essential Alshon Jeffery away jersey in a 44 or a 48.

You're probably best finding a store where you can try them on first. They're awesome shirts, but they fit differently than the other styles in the chest and shoulders. I ended up needing to go up a size in order to get a comfortable fit across my shoulders, but length was never an issue. Just something to keep in mind with the Elites.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
My Keenan Allen jersey is in the mail :)

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I got a Smokey Grey Tennessee Manning jersey for Christmas. It owns.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Notre Dame is moving to Under Armour.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/10270876/notre-dame-fighting-irish-select-armour-next-apparel-deal

Time for Michigan to move there as well to continue poking at them.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I know some of you guys are waiting on some pics for a jersey order. On phone and can't check my pms I completely forgot . I'll post some tonight

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Bucs are getting a new logo and new helmets. Sapp mentioned a #chromegrill on twitter. I'm nervous about this one.

If I had to guess it would be a white helmet so they can do the throwbacks again.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

A white helmet with those dark jerseys would look terrible.

E: Then again, maybe they won't have dark jerseys, considering every jersey in their team shop just went on sale.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 18, 2014

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

oldskool posted:

A white helmet with those dark jerseys would look terrible.

E: Then again, maybe they won't have dark jerseys, considering every jersey in their team shop just went on sale.

Clicked on that link and work firewall stopped me, clearly trying to prevent the MRSA from spreading to our network.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Clicked on that link and work firewall stopped me, clearly trying to prevent the MRSA from spreading to our network.

The sale price isn't posted (it makes you go to the shopping cart first :wtf:), but I checked the Revis jerseys and they were 50% off, which is pretty drat good in my opinion.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Chichevache posted:

The sale price isn't posted (it makes you go to the shopping cart first :wtf:)

have you like not shopped online in the past decade or something because that is absolutely A Thing that stores have been doing for like, as long as e-commerce has existed

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

wheez the roux posted:

have you like not shopped online in the past decade or something because that is absolutely A Thing that stores have been doing for like, as long as e-commerce has existed

I only remember seeing such tactics at Amazon & Newegg with a description that implies "They doesn't want us advertising this price, it's so unbelievably low!!!", which doesn't make sense when it's the owner's website doing it.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Not gonna lie... Kinda hoping for a bastardized new uni with their skeleton logo and their old orange creampop colors.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

wheez the roux posted:

I don't do much online shopping, true, but I have literally never seen an item advertised as "for sale" without also listing the sale price next to it.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

smuggler posted:

Not gonna lie... Kinda hoping for a bastardized new uni with their skeleton logo and their old orange creampop colors.
I did a simple color swap on their logo a while back (hell if I know which thread but it's somewhere on my computer), looked totally fine in creamsicle orange.

Alternatively, zombie Bucco Bruce. Which brings up this in image search:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Saw this posted on twitter, may or may not be the new Bucs helmet:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

wandler20 posted:

Meh. Not very striking.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

wandler20 posted:

Told you bums it would be a minor tweak and not a massive logo revamp

I hope they change the uniform scheme though, white helmets on the current red/dark pants is gonna look like rear end

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Febreeze posted:

I hope they change the uniform scheme though, white helmets on the current red/dark pants is gonna look like rear end

Yeah, a Bucs beat writer said earlier it would be a tweak and nothing major. I agree that the white with dark home uni is going to look off.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

That long tail at the end looks kind of dumb. Also the low quality pic makes it look similar to the Cardinals helmet. From a distance they will no longer be easily identifiable as the Bucs.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Chichevache posted:

That long tail at the end looks kind of dumb. Also the low quality pic makes it look similar to the Cardinals helmet. From a distance they will no longer be easily identifiable as the Bucs.

The shape looks nothing like the cards logo even as a blur. And we need to see the full uni before we can claim they will look like the cards.

The cards logo curves upwards if anything, and the spikes fly off towards the sky. From the looks of it they took the current flag and curved it into one down arc to better conform to the helmet and make the waving look more dynamic. I actually like what I can see so far, but I'll withhold final judgement until thursday

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
the white helmet could only really make sense if there's more white in the jerseys i would think. white shoulders or something. hmm

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

The shape looks nothing like the cards logo even as a blur. And we need to see the full uni before we can claim they will look like the cards.

The cards logo curves upwards if anything, and the spikes fly off towards the sky. From the looks of it they took the current flag and curved it into one down arc to better conform to the helmet and make the waving look more dynamic. I actually like what I can see so far, but I'll withhold final judgement until thursday

Obviously the logo looks nothing like the Cards. But a white helmet with a small reddish logo on it is what the Cards is. From a distance there will now be nothing unique about this helmet. Before they had an entirely unique metallic pewter helmet which was easily recognizable. Now they're just another team with a boring white helmet.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Chichevache posted:

Obviously the logo looks nothing like the Cards. But a white helmet with a small reddish logo on it is what the Cards is. From a distance there will now be nothing unique about this helmet. Before they had an entirely unique metallic pewter helmet which was easily recognizable. Now they're just another team with a boring white helmet.

It's hard to say from the image, but it looks like there might be a unique stripe/texture going down the middle. That would help. For the distance argument who cares? Why are you looking at tiny helmets from a distance? If you see them at a distance you'll probably also be seeing the uniform, which I assume will be very beneficial towards identifying the team. Nike, for all their faults, is good at making something stand out. I think you're getting too worried over a blurry picture.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

It's hard to say from the image, but it looks like there might be a unique stripe/texture going down the middle. That would help. For the distance argument who cares? Why are you looking at tiny helmets from a distance? If you see them at a distance you'll probably also be seeing the uniform, which I assume will be very beneficial towards identifying the team. Nike, for all their faults, is good at making something stand out. I think you're getting too worried over a blurry picture.

Who cares? I care. Duh. Usually the game isn't zoomed in on the players and we are actually watching a view of the field from a distance. My complaint isn't about the uniform as a whole, but about the helmet that to me looks rather boring and not as striking as the old helmets.

My complaint isn't about identifying the team, but about one of the few truly unique uniforms in the NFL being traded in for a look that, so far, does not impress me. Keep in mind that this is my opinion, which is obviously subjective.

You mentioned that Nike makes uniforms that stand out. To my knowledge we only have three so far, the Seahawks, the Jags, and the Dolphins. While i love the Seahawks unis and i feel they are a significant improvement over the old ones, the other two uniforms are absolute poo poo. You yourself did a pretty good takedown of the Jags, and I don't know if any of us felt the Dolphins redesign was a good idea.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

White helmet, more white on the jersey (accents, shoulders like rap said, etc.) and red pants

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Oh boy another team with a white helmet, I was just saying that we needed another to go with the eleven white/off-white ones we have now.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

Oh boy another team with a white helmet, I was just saying that we needed another to go with the eleven white/off-white ones we have now.

Seriously. No creamscicle, no change needed.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
If it wasn't for that stupid rule the NFL put in about players having to wear the same helmet all year the Bucs probably wouldn't have changed anything.

People want to see the creamscicle and this is the result.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

wandler20 posted:

If it wasn't for that stupid rule the NFL put in about players having to wear the same helmet all year the Bucs probably wouldn't have changed anything.

People want to see the creamscicle and this is the result.

Stop victim blaming.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Chichevache posted:

Who cares? I care. Duh. Usually the game isn't zoomed in on the players and we are actually watching a view of the field from a distance. My complaint isn't about the uniform as a whole, but about the helmet that to me looks rather boring and not as striking as the old helmets.

My complaint isn't about identifying the team, but about one of the few truly unique uniforms in the NFL being traded in for a look that, so far, does not impress me. Keep in mind that this is my opinion, which is obviously subjective.

You mentioned that Nike makes uniforms that stand out. To my knowledge we only have three so far, the Seahawks, the Jags, and the Dolphins. While i love the Seahawks unis and i feel they are a significant improvement over the old ones, the other two uniforms are absolute poo poo. You yourself did a pretty good takedown of the Jags, and I don't know if any of us felt the Dolphins redesign was a good idea.

Vikings too, and they are better than the old ones by far. The Dolphins were a downgrade, we are in agreement there.

I actually don't mind the Jags uniform. For me the Jags uniform is the same case as the Seahawks: It might look goofy at first, but then you realize that it stands out especially compared to the old unis. I can barely remember what the Jags used to look like, but I can recall how this one looks almost instantly and I watched maybe one jags game this whole year. It looks kind of dumb, but it's still more interesting that before. It's the helmet I can't stand, and even I will admit that it still stands out.

Also saying that we see the field zoomed out proves my point that we will see the entire uniform at once, so white helmets shouldn't be as big a deal as long as the uniform still stands out along with it. That remains to be seen. If we got lots of pewter and creamsicle it'll be hard to confuse it with the Cards. If we get white pants and a red jersey, then we might have a problem. At this point I have faith in Nike to be bold enough, even if it looks goofy.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Also saying that we see the field zoomed out proves my point that we will see the entire uniform at once, so white helmets shouldn't be as big a deal as long as the uniform still stands out along with it. That remains to be seen. If we got lots of pewter and creamsicle it'll be hard to confuse it with the Cards. If we get white pants and a red jersey, then we might have a problem. At this point I have faith in Nike to be bold enough, even if it looks goofy.

:psyduck: I already said it had nothing to do with confusing the uniforms. That helmet looks boring as poo poo from that photo and right now I am upset with it. Eifert Posting pretty much nailed it.

Eifert Posting posted:

• Locked thread