Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

PaleInkedBoy posted:

Something about this makes me uncomfortable.

The face staring right at you is too detailed while the background is too blurry.

Frankenstein is way to far into your bubble.

Also, it's just his disembodied head?

As an aside, Van Helsing's Frankenstein's monster looked fantastic by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

PaleInkedBoy posted:

Is it the tagline implying a Resident Evil sequel-ish post-apocalyptic setting, or the "From the producers of Underworld" lead line?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

GonSmithe posted:

Hopefully it doesn't sell out, I think it's quite nice.

Crappy Mondo posters sell out..... what chance does a nice one have?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Sorry, I meant "sell out at the show so they'll sell it online," but even that's forgetting that they keep some of them behind to sell online anyway, so what I said doesn't make any sense at all.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

joedevola posted:

Tesis is really good.

Yeah, Tesis rules.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Mask of the Phantasm is a really good movie, too. Wouldn't mind them doing a live-action version.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PaleInkedBoy posted:

It looks kind of like that poster/cover for Nightwatch.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Is there a thread somewhere on SA for screen printing? The chat about it a few pages before has piqued my interest (also if Mondo can make money selling posters to people that sounds like a good niche)

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Darthemed posted:

Is it the tagline implying a Resident Evil sequel-ish post-apocalyptic setting, or the "From the producers of Underworld" lead line?

It's just stating that 200 years after the monster was created, he's still alive. The original story was published in 1818.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Think of some of his roles. Everything from About Last Night, Red Heat, Curly Sue, even Mr. Destiny (terrible poster, solid cast). There are so many better actors they could have chosen that would have made these movies better JUST by taking out James Belushi. But there he was, getting leading roles and supporting roles despite little ability and from what I can see, little charisma. Clearly he had some high level friends but I'd rather watch Tom Arnold than James Belushi and that's saying a lot.

I'm sorry, but he is absolutely hilarious in Real Men. :colbert:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

A bald James Belushi was in Roman Polanski's recent The Ghost Writer. I had to do a double take when I saw him in a movie post-1997.

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012

A shameful path led them to seek it.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
This poster is just awful

Arnie looks like he's about to fart, the person in the back right looks mentally handicapped. It looks like a very cheap DTV cover.

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Dec 20, 2013

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Slasherfan posted:

Annie looks like he's about to fart, the person in the back right looks mentally handicapped. It looks like a very cheap DTV cover.

Movie gonna be good though :)

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Man Kevin Costner's looking pretty pissed there.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Darthemed posted:

The trailer is incredibly bad. Like, you will have no trouble understanding how it even got greenlit to be a movie.

Slasherfan posted:

Annie looks like he's about to fart, the person in the back right looks mentally handicapped. It looks like a very cheap DTV cover.

Finding out Sam Worthington was in the movie after watching the trailer blew my mind.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Slasherfan posted:

Arnie looks like he's about to fart, the person in the back right looks mentally handicapped. It looks like a very cheap DTV cover.
Is this the sequel to SWAT? Because it looks like the exact same thing.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I'm curious to know what brand and model of watch the guy is wearing. I bet there is some product placement there.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Slasherfan posted:

Josh Holloway with cornrows is pretty hilarious, maybe even good enough to balance out the fact that Sam Worthington is in this movie!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Josh Holloway with cornrows is pretty hilarious, maybe even good enough to balance out the fact that Sam Worthington is in this movie!

That's Joe Manganiello with the cornrows. Sam Worthington is unrecognizable (he's the bald one next to cornrows.)

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

AFewBricksShy posted:

That's Joe Manganiello with the cornrows. Sam Worthington is unrecognizable (he's the bald one next to cornrows.)

Yeah, I caught Sam, but thought Josh Holloway was made similarly unrecognizable. Ah well.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Slasherfan posted:

Arnold Schwarzeneggar is Rutger Hauer in Sabotage.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
The trailer pulled me in so many ways. Arnold's lines were weak and it felt like Dog the Bounty Hunter but I have some trust in David Ayer. It ain't like he's always great but he still did End of Watch (wrote, directed) and Training Day (wrote).

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I read Sabotage is supposed to be some kind of update on Ten Little Indians.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Ok so Sam Worthington is Fred Durst now?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

AFewBricksShy posted:

I had thought that was Randy Couture. And I was just thinking about whatever happened to Sam Worthington the other day.

Lotish posted:

Man, I thought the same thing until I started reading the credits. I was so happy for Rutger until then. :smith:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Lotish posted:

What the hell are you talking about? Clearly that is Michael Shannon

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

I sincerely see John Malkovich in that poster. Just look at him.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Everbody, shut the gently caress up about this Harrison Ford poster.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I actually thought it was Dolph Lundgren. This is some weird Identikit poo poo going on.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I actually thought it was Dolph Lundgren.

Seconded.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
That's obviously some Bruce Willis/Josh Brolin hybrid.

That poster does not make me want to see the movie, while the cast and director credit totally does. It just looks very direct to video.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

niethan posted:

Ok so Sam Worthington is Fred Durst now?

This is all I've ever wanted.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Now I kind of want to see Michael Winterbottom make a 24-Hour Party People-style movie about nu-metal in the late 90's, early 00's told from the perspective of Fred Durst as played by Sam Worthington, and how it was all utter garbage.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Vagabundo posted:

Now I kind of want to see Michael Winterbottom make a 24-Hour Party People-style movie about nu-metal in the late 90's, early 00's told from the perspective of Fred Durst as played by Sam Worthington, and how it was all utter garbage.

Who'd be in the Steve Coogan role?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

A cameo by Steve Coogan as Tony Wilson, lamenting at how the death of Madchester and the Hacienda spawned such terrible, shameful music.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I actually thought it was Dolph Lundgren. This is some weird Identikit poo poo going on.

Wait, that's not Nick Nolte?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Instead of Tony Robinson have it focus on Ross Robinson instead.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

My first thought was Mike Rowe. He's even got a baseball cap! I think Arnie isn't registering as Arnie because his most distinctive features are his eyebrows and teeth, and here his eyes are obscured by the cap's bill and his mouth's closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Violent Cop has a pretty poster.

Takeshi Kitano's stare is pretty terrifying, and it's fitting that half of his movies feature it on the poster.