Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Feindfeuer posted:

Yes, like the scene where they trap the space jew. It's weird and moronic, which is why i first refered to it as a retarded nazi theme, but I also doubt that the guys responsible are real nazis.
That doesn't change that it's a dumb video.
I don't care if it's edgy or controversial, just be funny. These guys couldn't do that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I 100% agree with you.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Vib Rib posted:

I don't care if it's edgy or controversial, just be funny. These guys couldn't do that much.

The thing about irony is that to do something ironically you still have to do that thing.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So this Starbound game is real fun, right guys.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
It has instruments with .abc file support, which should be enough judging by your avatar/title. But yes, the whole exploration/mining/building mini game tagged into the multiplayer band simulator is nice too. Though still missing some content/features.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Vib Rib posted:

True, that said I would chuckle at a nice 9/11 mod.

Hey anyway! Have I mentioned how awesome this game is to mod?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Shoehead posted:

Now you have to make a Tech that gives you a claw weapon in your hands and increases you HP Regen by an absurd amount when activated. Complete with "snikt" noise.

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
This game is fantastic, so great for just chilling out.
I do wish inventory management was better. Even a ctrl-f search thing that'll highlight containers containing whatever you searched for would do. Is that possible in a mod?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Shoehead posted:

I said it before, but Tiy made it clear during development that he wanted Starbound to be more than just a game. He wanted it to be a platform. A foundational survival/mine-build/explore/action-RPG engine. And from the fact we're not even 3 weeks into the first beta and we're already seeing people go hog-wild with this stuff, I'd say he's got a good start on that idea.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cernunnos posted:

Now you have to make a Tech that gives you a claw weapon in your hands and increases you HP Regen by an absurd amount when activated. Complete with "snikt" noise.

You bet your butt I'm going to add claws somehow. I wanna do a bunch of 90's X-men, I even have an idea for Prof. X's big gold hoverchair.

Edit: poo poo I should make the Blackbird... This is a slippery slope!

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Dec 21, 2013

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

They did a really good job with the music coordination.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Is there a known ETA on the next patch? I'd like to roll a new world, but I'l wait if it's going to be obsolete soon.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD
They always try not to have updates cause a wipe, but sometimes it's necessary. If you want to do something new, then do it :)

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Vib Rib posted:

I genuinely wish more people understood the purpose of comedy like this. It's just not enough to be so edgy you could be rolled to determine a percentile.

In other news, I really hope this patch lands before they break for christmas - I've got my "base in a box" mod all ready and waiting for the lua command that places blocks. I really don't want to have to wait until the new year to discover the countless hundreds of ways I've hosed it up. :colbert:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Anyone know if there's been any good Star Wars and/or Star Trek armour/clothing modded in?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

In other news, I really hope this patch lands before they break for christmas - I've got my "base in a box" mod all ready and waiting for the lua command that places blocks. I really don't want to have to wait until the new year to discover the countless hundreds of ways I've hosed it up. :colbert:

Tiy tweeted some christmas items being added so they're surely aiming for it to be out sooner rather than later.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Waffles Inc. posted:

Anyone know if there's been any good Star Wars and/or Star Trek armour/clothing modded in?

*cough* I'm not self promoting *cough*

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Waffles Inc. posted:

There was someone doing Star Trek uniforms in the thread. I couldn't even begin to venture a guess as to where, as fast as this thread moves.

E: ha. Beaten by thr source.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Shoehead posted:

True, that said I would chuckle at a nice 9/11 mod.

Make it a race, every inspect has "bub" in it somewhere.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Tulip posted:

Is that the ship based on the one from Iron Sky?

The video says Iron Sky and Wolfenstein were the main inspirations. They're basically going for the most cartoonishly, mustache-twirlingly evil super-space-nazis possible. Not sure if I really want them as a playable race, but I'd love for them to appear as an enemy NPC faction. Wolfenstein-ish Nazi doom fortresses hidden inside moons would be fun to cut through.

Bonus points if they can make mecha-Hitler a boss.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dominic White posted:

The video says Iron Sky and Wolfenstein were the main inspirations. They're basically going for the most cartoonishly, mustache-twirlingly evil super-space-nazis possible. Not sure if I really want them as a playable race, but I'd love for them to appear as an enemy NPC faction. Wolfenstein-ish Nazi doom fortresses hidden inside moons would be fun to cut through.

This, basically. The music they were using was from Iron Sky, which means it's supposed to be over the top "wacky nazi" shenanigans. They're cartoon villains and now you can play them; they're not the people from WWII. There's no need to get into offended mode and claim some sort of moral high ground; it's a video game.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

PerrineClostermann posted:

This, basically. The music they were using was from Iron Sky, which means it's supposed to be over the top "wacky nazi" shenanigans.

Their intent doesn't really matter, though. The result does.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

XboxPants posted:

A decently polished Iron Sky mod? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He_PWsJqsVY

e: better example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeIu1FiTTyI

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 21, 2013

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

XboxPants posted:

Your title should say "loving jokes how do they work" instead.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Wolfenstein nazis in space is something that can never be undone.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dominic White posted:

See I'm ok with them as a race of enemy Space-Nazis. Fighting the Nazis is great, it's just tearing down huge Nazi party flags and hanging them in your ship that makes me feel a bit gross.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

Onion Knight posted:

Still pushin pixels. Finishing internals, shading (:shepface:), and a final pass left. Hopefully it'll be done by Christmas.

I'm really happy that some of you guys like it. I wasn't planning on doing a race, but after seeing ship progression (and the Hiigaran comment) I'm thinking about making a race of post-fall-of-empire (or post-ascension remnants) scattered tribes. The player will start with a massive ship they've discovered and managed to get working, and instead of upgrading the ship they'll unlock more and more of it. Maybe with an ancient Arabic/Bedouin aesthetic? Maybe sort of like reptillian/humanoid/pachyderms, most comfortable on desert planets. Intelligent but very much fish out of water, bewildered by most things, but willing to roll with it if it contributes to uniting the tribes and rebuilding their empire.

Oh, that's just fantastic looking. Definitely eager to seeing what the finished product looks like because it's looking drat good right now.

The response to this would probably be a lot less controversial if it were a mod that introduced wacky cartoonishly evil space Nazis just to shoot and/or ssstaaaab and not to play as.

MShadowy fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 21, 2013

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

omg :3: these are amazing! Sorry I'd missed them before!

You should do a Phaser next!

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

PerrineClostermann posted:

There's no need to get into offended mode and claim some sort of moral high ground; it's a video game.

Video games are a part of culture. Culture shapes how we view the world and its inhabitants. Anyway, I'd honestly love a good Iron Sky mod. A big nazi moonbase, when they add ship combat and whatnot you could fight the Gotterdammerung and then board it. This would be great.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Change it from Nazis to Helghast and nobody gets offended.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Starhawk64 posted:

Considering that Starbound is hitting PS4 and Vita at somepoint, this is actually a really neat idea.

Mr. Bill
Jan 18, 2007
Bourgeoisie Pig

Starhawk64 posted:

Remove all the Nazi imagery from your videogame and no one will be offended by the Nazi imagery in your videogame, this is entirely true.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

Well as a person who has watched Iron Sky and can never get those hours of my life back, I have to say in the mod's defense that it is at least an incredibly faithful adaptation of Iron Sky. It consists mainly of outdated jokes about Nazis that aren't at any point even remotely funny, and the Nazis are in space. The only way it could be a more faithful adaptation is if it also contained outdated unfunny jokes about Sarah Palin.

Starhawk64 posted:

You don't even have to do that, really. If Captain Planet has taught me anything, it's that all you have to do is make Hitler have a handlebar moustache and then everything will be fine.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Just do this

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Bill posted:

Remove all the Nazi imagery from your videogame and no one will be offended by the Nazi imagery in your videogame, this is entirely true.

It's a mod, Mr. Obtuse. Not official. You got that, right?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Shoehead posted:

Just do this

If this gets made I will have to go find one of those iron lizard mouse or pigs with bombs grenade launchers.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Bigger swastikas. More Nazi imagery.

This is always the answer.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Starbound - Space-Nazis in Space [SS Early Access]

Stop loving talking about Nazis nobody loving cares.

In non-Nazi related news, the first version of my Dead Space mod is finally finished. I'm just putting the finishing touches on the crafting recipes now and then it'll probably maybe be released later today.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Well poo poo, if I knew you guys would get this worked up over Space Nazis I never would have started my Developing Country Child Soldier/Slavery mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

CJacobs posted:

Starbound - Space-Nazis in Space [SS Early Access]

Stop loving talking about Nazis nobody loving cares.

In non-Nazi related news, the first version of my Dead Space mod is finally finished. I'm just putting the finishing touches on the crafting recipes now and then it'll probably maybe be released later today.

Not sure how this is any better than space nazis. Dead Space is stupid.

• Locked thread