Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
So this is probably a super dumb question, but is there a way to reset everything and start the game from scratch again? On Steam, btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
There's a config file somewhere I think, not sure any more in depth than that.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

So this is probably a super dumb question, but is there a way to reset everything and start the game from scratch again? On Steam, btw.

It's tied to your steam account and free to play. Make a new steam account

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I wonder if the way to might be to tank like hell until the last day. I'm not willing to find out though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

5/4/4 on Captain Boyscout? I think the T5 on the shield powers just adds the ability to target countdown tiles, and while that's useful I've got so many other countdown-snipers (like Moonstone) for fighting mooks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

3/5/5 for Cap. I just built a second Cap after doing 4/4/5 and always wishing I had taken red to five. Now I have and he is everything I ever dreamed of.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
So this universal leaderboard is rough because everyone's just grinding away. Plus there are less missions than in the Hunt sub-events and the story is barely there (other than the Punisher ones).

Not a huge fan of this PVE event so far.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
There does seem to be some kind of rubber banding/catch up mechanic - just more subtle. I missed the first day or two of the event, after the first day I was ranked at something like 16,000th place in the main event, today I'm at 1600 and I'm getting a shitload more points than people have been reporting they got for places earlier in the thread.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tezzeract posted:

(other than the Punisher ones).

The event is kind of lukewarm but the rubberbanding seems better at least to me.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

The event is kind of lukewarm but the rubberbanding seems better at least to me.

The reward bracket sizes look pretty generous too.

Jimmy Little Balls
Aug 23, 2009
So now not only is it a total mystery as to how many ranking points I will actually get for a fight, sometimes I even get points deducted after winning...

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

WetSpink posted:

The reward bracket sizes look pretty generous too.

I hope it's like the hunt where your average position every day is pretty much where you finish at the end. I think I might finally get in the top rank in an event since I have been hovering around rank 200 (I would be much higher if I could score a punisher)

How is X-force Wolverine? from looking at his covers it seems like he would actually be less useful than 2 star Wolverine because all his powers are expensive and his heal isn't automatic.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I know their dev team is small but from the way the progression awards on the main event are, I think the person that designed the event and the person that set the scoring did not communicate that they fixed the rubberbanding.

I'm pretty sure the lack of missions im the sub events are to limit the amount of free completion iso, but I liked that style more too. The huge bracket with large award divisions is nice, and the global score thing is cool.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Tezzeract posted:

Maybe RNG's bugged to give yellow Caps and Magnetos :v:

4/5 standard tokens for purple Magneto Nows and 3 Hulk tokens in a row for yellow Wolverines here.

Janitor Bob
May 4, 2007
Sweeper Cell Agent
All of the Sudan missions in my game are bugged to give only Modern Hawkeye covers.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Janitor Bob posted:

All of the Sudan missions in my game are bugged to give only Modern Hawkeye covers.

I was wondering why I have five MH covers in a row sitting here.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
When the missions are bugged they also are set up with very low level hammer guys and no heroes, so it's way easier to get points, at least it was for me because all my heroes suck and can't complete those missions normally.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm not too fussed about placement for the sub events. Getting under 800 isn't too much work, and you only get a significantly better prize for being top rank or close to it. I'm just going in and getting the prizes mainly.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I can't score points on any of these levels, and I am dropping down in the rankings, wtf gives?

PaleBlueDot
Feb 13, 2012

All the way from
Transylvania
Have you tried closing the app and opening it again? For me, it stops updating the point value for the events occasionally, but restarting the thing usually helps. Suddenly, points galore!

Also: Last encounter on the hard path. 165 venom, bullseye and moonstone. Ouch.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

PaleBlueDot posted:

Have you tried closing the app and opening it again? For me, it stops updating the point value for the events occasionally, but restarting the thing usually helps. Suddenly, points galore!

Also: Last encounter on the hard path. 165 venom, bullseye and moonstone. Ouch.

Yeah I even restarted my phone. Who knows. :dice:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

That venom/moonstone one isn't too bad. You get a free level 40ish hulk, and with a thor/wolverine team you basically become unstoppable. Thwack bullseye first, then get rid of venom, and keep an eye on moonstone's purple so you can pop a strike tile before she can use it

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Free Hulk cover, getcha free Hulk cover!

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Anyone know if that Hulk cover mission opens up another subevent? I'm waiting on all my missions right now to get more points later on.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

It does, well, the missions after it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Two, actually. I now have Amazon, Bolivia, Canada and Greenland all active.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
I'm trying to figure out who to clean out.

I'm thinking get rid of Loki and drop Hulk in his place. And maybe swap Original Widow for Grey Widow.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Evil Vin posted:

Grind out some Hero Points and buy more slots obviously.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I would get rid of Darken and Bullseye.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

Voodoo posted:

Grind out some Hero Points and buy more slots obviously.

Working on it.

DrManiac posted:

I would get rid of Darken and Bullseye.

I actually use Daken. The only reason I've kept bullseye around is in case another dark avengers tourney shows up, I might aswell though.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I actually use Daken. The only reason I've kept bullseye around is in case another dark avengers tourney shows up, I might aswell though.
[/quote]

Keep them both and put them on your team, the other player will be so pissed at the time they will waste waiting on skills they will skip you.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Evil Vin posted:

I'm thinking get rid of Loki and drop Hulk in his place. And maybe swap Original Widow for Grey Widow.

Don't do this. Keep Original Widow.

I'd drop Loki and Iron Man 40. You only have one IM40 and D3 loves to give lots of his covers out.

I'd say 50/50 between Grey Widow Green and Three Star Magneto blue at this point.

Three Star Tourney Commentary

Faced a near max level team of Ragnarok, Classic Spider-Man and The Hood. It was very effective at stunlocking me to death. The Hood's 'Dormammu's Aid' helped keep his team flush with AP and Intimidation was firing off every other round.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 23, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh poo poo its HULKAMANIA TIME

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Hoping to get 3 Wolverine covers off this 3-star rumble event so I can stop sucking at the Hulk one!

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

SynthOrange posted:

Oh poo poo its HULKAMANIA TIME

HULK SMASH, BROTHER!

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
What do you think the cutoff is for 'gently caress attacking this team'? I've got a team of Level 40 IM40, Level 40 Ragnarok and Level 30 Spiderman. I have not been attacked or counterattacked a single time this entire 3 Star Tournament.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

WarEternal posted:

Hoping to get 3 Wolverine covers off this 3-star rumble event so I can stop sucking at the Hulk one!

I don't understand how anyone without a strong Wolverine can have enough 3-stars to play in this tournament. I have a level 35 2/2/2 Spiderman, a couple two-skill heroes I haven't put any experience into, and a bunch of level 15 one-covers. I struggled my way to the 50 point reward with Spidey, 1/0 Ragnarok, and 1/1/0 Iron Man or 0/2/1 Grey Widow and it took me triple boosts and two tries to win any fights. Meanwhile, I need two yellow Wolverine covers to max him, and I've sold off probably 6-7 extra greens and reds.

So everyone just got a free Hulk from the event, right? I suppose that means I need to tryhard in this event, then - he seems ridiculously strong from fighting against him. Oddly, the higher level version was a little easier, because on the level ~70 version, almost every basic attack triggered his black passive, especially with some Wolverine tiles out. I was all set to slack on this one and get some O. Black Widow covers. I don't know if I could even have a shot at the red Hulk covers at 1500. :ohdear:

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

WarEternal posted:

This is my idea too.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Four Hulk Sightings at once - what is this bullshit? I like playing this game but grinding out 64 rewards in the next 1.5 days is going to be rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
This latest push on the Hulk stuff sure put me up a lot in the rankings, up to #29 now :dance:

Thought missing the first few days might cripple me.