Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

Shampy posted:

Off the hop I'm having a hard time figuring out how I feel about this podcast with the walrus whisperer.

I managed about an hour of that stuttering poo poo, and that was only because I was playing games at the same time. I had to tap out in the end.

*vrooom.....vrooom VROOOOOOMMMMM........vudavudavuda......VRROOOOOOMMMMM*

gently caress sharks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Slightly off topic but still in the same family: Did anyone happen to grab Monday's Skeptic Tank before it got taken down? I thought I had downloaded it but I didn't and now I need to listen to it to see what it got taken down for.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Shampy posted:

Off the hop I'm having a hard time figuring out how I feel about this podcast with the walrus whisperer.

Sickened by animal abuse?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

bango skank posted:

Slightly off topic but still in the same family: Did anyone happen to grab Monday's Skeptic Tank before it got taken down? I thought I had downloaded it but I didn't and now I need to listen to it to see what it got taken down for.

whoa now I'm curious. I'm assuming somebody talked about something they did that was illegal or actionable and then got worried. Though I'm guessing you already surmised that from the description of the latest ep.

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet

His guest talked about working as a lawyer with the DA and his divorce, so maybe he got concerned that he said something that would break some confidentiality thing.

Ducktales Blogger fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 6, 2013

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
It's funny how people take things down. Once it's up, it's already there you can't it back. Why do people still believe this?

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet
Of all the death squad guys I'm enjoying Ari the most right now. He consistently has interesting guests/topics and is a pretty decent interviewer

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet
And the show with CliffyB got me super stoked, since he hinted at wanting to start working on a fast paced arena FPS game

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
I liked Skeptic Tank in the beginning, but Ari started to sound so BORED with everything. He never sounds interested in the conversation at all, just doing it to get it done.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I don't like Ari's way of interviewing. Always seems to be cutting people off mid sentence to think aloud. "Wait! What were we talking about before, I forgot" etc

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
He couldn't think of the word vaccination once and I almost exploded

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Joe is so dense, maybe one day he'll understand a joke when a guest tells one.

:confused: "I get it. I get it."

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That's hilarious.

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet

beep by grandpa posted:

That's hilarious.

For full effect you have to add enough ellipses to equal 5 seconds of awkward dead air beforehand

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

.................*exhale*....aren't fish strange? Swimmin' around, breathin' air and poo poo.

Just listened to the CliffyB episode - it's the first I've enjoyed in a while, just goes to show if you like and have the same interests as the guest, it's still really worth tuning in.

I've said before, but Ari just can't interview worth a gently caress and it's torture for me to listen to, so yeah, sorry Skeptic Tank.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

ZeroDays posted:

I've said before, but Ari just can't interview worth a gently caress and it's torture for me to listen to, so yeah, sorry Skeptic Tank.

Ari always sounds like he's whining and bored with every single thing he says. I've never been a fan of him in the slightest.

The Birbiglia interview was quite good. It's too bad it was so short.

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet
He always sounds so exasperated. He'll be talking about going to a store to buy candy and it sounds like it was such a horrible ordeal. I find it kind of endearing. :)

I think 'interview' is the wrong word. He's more like somebody who just is curious about a thing and asks whatever pops into his head about that thing.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012

ZeroDays posted:

.................*exhale*....aren't fish strange? Swimmin' around, breathin' air and poo poo.

Just listened to the CliffyB episode - it's the first I've enjoyed in a while, just goes to show if you like and have the same interests as the guest, it's still really worth tuning in.

Cliffy B was on Pointless with Kevin P. You'll probably enjoy it if you haven't already listened.

http://www.deathsquad.tv/pointless-41/

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

diesiel posted:

Cliffy B was on Pointless with Kevin P. You'll probably enjoy it if you haven't already listened.

http://www.deathsquad.tv/pointless-41/

Yes, listened to that already. I know a few people in this thread really dislike Kevin Pereira 'cos he tries too hard, but I personally love his sense-of-humour and wit, and Pointless is one of my favourite podcasts. He also knows how to interview properly, which makes a nice change for a podcast.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ZeroDays posted:

Yes, listened to that already. I know a few people in this thread really dislike Kevin Pereira 'cos he tries too hard, but I personally love his sense-of-humour and wit, and Pointless is one of my favourite podcasts. He also knows how to interview properly, which makes a nice change for a podcast.

Agreed. I really like him and, out of 40 podcasts, his is one of three that I have set to auto download.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I was one of the ones who said he tried too hard. I don't know if he's just grown on me or toned down whatever it was that I disliked, but I enjoy Pointless and I've listened to all of them.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
He's fun to listen to when your day has been poo poo. I dont know what the dude is hopped up on, but it works for him.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

Redban can barely loving speak. And he does stand-up?! How the gently caress does he manage. At least Duncan Trussell's incessant stuttering has a certain charm as he flails for metaphors and similes like a drowning sailor does for driftwood. Redban, however, stutters saying the most basic poo poo. He can't even relate simple stories without literally being lost for words. I'm going to assume he's either (a) always high as gently caress, (b) hasn't scoffed his alpha-brain, or (c) is preternaturally dumb.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

ZeroDays posted:

Redban can barely loving speak. And he does stand-up?! How the gently caress does he manage. At least Duncan Trussell's incessant stuttering has a certain charm as he flails for metaphors and similes like a drowning sailor does for driftwood. Redban, however, stutters saying the most basic poo poo. He can't even relate simple stories without literally being lost for words. I'm going to assume he's either (a) always high as gently caress, (b) hasn't scoffed his alpha-brain, or (c) is preternaturally dumb.

Duncan Trussell is a beautiful human being, I don't even know what you're on. Not Alpha brain! :)

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Duncan Trussell is a beautiful human being, I don't even know what you're on. Not Alpha brain! :)

I was not trashing Duncan Trussell :colbert:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I really really want to unsubscribe from this awful podcast but I don't want to miss a Diaz ep.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How do you guys feel about the episode length? JRE was baby's first podcast 3 years ago so 2-3 hour jams were more than welcome. Now that I have a big library of poo poo to get through during a day's work I groan whenever I see a 3 hour ep.

Edit: spelling

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 23, 2013

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet

mcvey posted:

I really really want to unsubscribe from this awful podcast but I don't want to miss a Diaz ep.

Nick Diaz is going to be on it soon so don't miss any Diaz

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Has anyone listened to the Christopher Ryan podcast? Is it worth a listen?

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

toggle posted:

Has anyone listened to the Christopher Ryan podcast? Is it worth a listen?

I’ve listened to it consistently since its inception. I like Chris Ryan's relaxed, laid-back approach, and he's also a decent interviewer, but I think it's his choice of guest which makes it work for me (academics, activists, generally intelligent people with interesting poo poo to say). It's definitely more cerebral than your average podcast, and it's one of the maybe 5 or 6 I regularly keep up on.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

ZeroDays posted:

I’ve listened to it consistently since its inception. I like Chris Ryan's relaxed, laid-back approach, and he's also a decent interviewer, but I think it's his choice of guest which makes it work for me (academics, activists, generally intelligent people with interesting poo poo to say). It's definitely more cerebral than your average podcast, and it's one of the maybe 5 or 6 I regularly keep up on.

OK cool, I was meaning to check it out it. So I think I will

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

ZeroDays posted:

Didn't Redban live in a place for a while where the place he slept at had a nearby leak of carbon monoxide. I remember him telling it at some point and he thought that might have caused him some brain damage.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Did Joe sleep next to a leak of carbon monoxide as well then?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

jyrka posted:

that's hilarious hey did you guys see this new bigfoot video??

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

jyrka posted:

No he pumps it into his sensory deprivation tank.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Emetic Hustler posted:

Didn't Redban live in a place for a while where the place he slept at had a nearby leak of carbon monoxide. I remember him telling it at some point and he thought that might have caused him some brain damage.

Or drugs.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Didn't he also use to sniff keyboard cleaner too?

(He also fucks playmates)

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

toggle posted:

(He also fucks playmates)

That doesn't seem all that dumb

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

Emetic Hustler posted:

I'm not a speech therapist or anything but I doubt Redban always talked like he does. At one point he said he had a heater vent opened in his apartment which turn out to be the buildings carbon monoxide vent. Said he was constantly tired for like a year. So yeah he's probably lucky to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Ducktales Blogger posted:

Of all the death squad guys I'm enjoying Ari the most right now.

The episode of Marc Maron's WTF where Ari was the guest was pretty interesting to me. Maron used to be a member of Sam Kinison's comedian posse and they jumped from that subject to Ari kind of brushing up against how he was in a similar situation in the Joe Rogan comedian posse and felt kind of weird about it. I wonder if Rogan would even admit that he's doing that kind of thing