Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in

Crow Jane posted:

Feminism is about ladies doing what they choose to do. If a lady chooses to put on an apron and cook on a vintage stove, she can. If a lady chooses to eat pizza in squalor, she can do that too.

Most of us fall somewhere in the middle. Or just enjoy playing dress-up

yeah if i want to haul boxes and poo poo for a living and play violent video games but also do my hair and nails and be fancy whenever i feel like that's feminism. not 100% sure why so many people are against that idea tbh

t_violet posted:

Apronchat reminded me that I do actually own a frilly apron (I bid on it in a secret auction for charity).

Here:

Evidently you can have an apron and squalor simultaneously.

Edit: also my mirror really needs to be cleaned

your room is so cute and so is that apron :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Your bed is SO FANCY where did you get it

I pray every day for the resurrection of Brocade Home.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Planet Piss posted:

yeah if i want to haul boxes and poo poo for a living and play violent video games but also do my hair and nails and be fancy whenever i feel like that's feminism. not 100% sure why so many people are against that idea tbh

I dunno, I don't actually care for the idea that everything I do is feminist just 'cause I chose to do it, because I'm a huge bitch and some people are not huge bitches. I feel like props to them for setting up schools for disadvantaged orphan girls in Sudan and poo poo, I'm just sitting on my rear end laughin at bronies. In my personal view that nobody has to share, I feel like it's putting me on a pedestal. Sometimes I'm just crap and making lovely decisions that hurt myself and others, don't want anybody blowin smoke up my rear end about it.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Anne Whateley posted:

Your bed is SO FANCY where did you get it

I pray every day for the resurrection of Brocade Home.

It's from Baroque & Fabulous and I coveted it for like two years and finally the one I wanted came up on Gilt and I had a discount code so I pulled the trigger. I like ridiculously girly poo poo, no lie, I've pretending to be sophisticated and grown up about it.

Edit:

Pick posted:

Cat's bein' all cat-fancy on the fancy bed for cats.

View in the morning from the other direction:

Tora! Tora! Tora! fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 23, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
hey if you like bourbon drink this because it owns

also its awesome cheap like $20 for a bigass drug store size bottle

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 23, 2013

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Pick posted:

I dunno, I don't actually care for the idea that everything I do is feminist just 'cause I chose to do it, because I'm a huge bitch and some people are not huge bitches. I feel like props to them for setting up schools for disadvantaged orphan girls in Sudan and poo poo, I'm just sitting on my rear end laughin at bronies. In my personal view that nobody has to share, I feel like it's putting me on a pedestal. Sometimes I'm just crap and making lovely decisions that hurt myself and others, don't want anybody blowin smoke up my rear end about it.

I like to interpret it more as you're allowed to be whoever you are, not just a wife or mother or whatever. Sure, you might make lovely decisions, but at least you're allowed to make them.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Crow Jane posted:

I like to interpret it more as you're allowed to be whoever you are, not just a wife or mother or whatever. Sure, you might make lovely decisions, but at least you're allowed to make them.

I think of feminism as just meaning women are allowed to be people, lovely or not. Women don't have to do girl things or eschew boy things, they can just do whatever people things they want without the gender coding. And it goes for guys too.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Sometimes, feminism is when bitches gotta sig. Cause I gotta sig.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

a worthwhile sig

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shithouse Dave posted:

drat son

nice

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Shithouse Dave posted:

My sig represent masculinity.

Not that MRA poo poo, we can all get along and not wear fedoras.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
sigs are sigs, and bourbon is bourbon

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Shithouse Dave posted:

You done Pudgy proud.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
putty your sig is good but it doesn't have goonspin.gif

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

t_violet posted:

It's from Baroque & Fabulous and I coveted it for like two years and finally the one I wanted came up on Gilt and I had a discount code so I pulled the trigger. I like ridiculously girly poo poo, no lie, I've pretending to be sophisticated and grown up about it.
It looks amazing, although I wish it came in a higher version. I only like high beds, and for some reason they're stupidly hard to find. The ones that are around (Room & Board) are so boring.

I'm also all about ridiculously girly home stuff (no pink though!) and the best way to fake sophistication is calling it Hollywood regency. I can't believe that's a legit fad now.

PS I'm definitely down for any more home design pics. Post 'em if you got 'em

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Putty posted:

(i'm expanding my sig nobody knows yet)

I prepurhcased this game on steam just because of you. I have the collectors edition for the Xbox I got it for like 40 dollars on Amazon when they were clearing them out of inventory, but never played the game cause Im too lazy to hook my system back up. The light is fuckin bitchin though. Plasma laser sword blue glowy fun.

E: Sig time!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

putty your sig is good but it doesn't have goonspin.gif

goon moves entirely through stop motion

Al Borland posted:

I prepurhcased this game on steam just because of you. I have the collectors edition for the Xbox I got it for like 40 dollars on Amazon when they were clearing them out of inventory, but never played the game cause Im too lazy to hook my system back up. The light is fuckin bitchin though. Plasma laser sword blue glowy fun.

E: Sig time!

:hfive:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 11, 2014

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

vaguely posted:

Just got back from my friend's baby's christening, and she is the nicest best behaved baby! She's 7 months so she's pretty robust now but I still won't hold her because what if I break her and oh my god how do I baby

She likes it when I play peekaboo with her though :3:

Aaaaand another one of my school friends announced that she's 3 months pregnant, why are we all so old now? It's making me a bit paranoid and I'm gonna get an IUD put in the moment I finish my holiday, thanks to whichever ladythread poster it was who said it's not such a big deal as I was making it out to be. My uterus will be a blasted wasteland in which nothing grows

My powerful urge to not babies is matched only by my equally powerful urge to cat

Gotta get cat

baby sounds gay as gently caress

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Putty posted:

goon moves entirely through stop motion

and your point here is what

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

and your point here is what

he is not doing the lord's work

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I think whats fantastic about Revengeance coming to the PC is that means the next one prolly will too! Meaning I don't have to buy a lovely next gen. I can wait for an optimized version.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

revengeance is a good game and the soundtrack is loving goty

anyway as i was saying i was apparently a super-well behaved baby and now i am gay as hell so prepare for it

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

The Brown Menace posted:

revengeance is a good game and the soundtrack is loving goty

anyway as i was saying i was apparently a super-well behaved baby and now i am gay as hell so prepare for it

Nothin wrong with being gay.

I was a well behaved baby, a terrible toddler to 7 year old. Then my grandma spanked me and I stopped being a turd.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Al Borland posted:

I was a well behaved baby, a terrible toddler to 7 year old. Then my grandma spanked me and a turd came out.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

When I was a baby I apparently scowled a lot, and I only scowl like once a day now

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
i was a terrible child. my parents called me "beelzebabe". i will probably have a terrible child, and will suffer like my parents as punishment for being a poo poo head

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Putty posted:

he is not doing the lord's work

well richard dawkins said there's no god in between apologizing for child molesters so :smug:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
when i was a baby i broke my dad's finger with the baby death grip

humble beginnings

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

mom says I was never afraid of injury and if anything was fascinated by blood and needles. no wonder I turned out a good person

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

anyway here's the best mgr song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jjKLx9A14s

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i cannot watch this lp* with all the rising going on here

*See the let's play thread in GBS for more!

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Anne Whateley posted:

It looks amazing, although I wish it came in a higher version. I only like high beds, and for some reason they're stupidly hard to find. The ones that are around (Room & Board) are so boring.

I'm also all about ridiculously girly home stuff (no pink though!) and the best way to fake sophistication is calling it Hollywood regency. I can't believe that's a legit fad now.

PS I'm definitely down for any more home design pics. Post 'em if you got 'em

You know, it looks low in the pics but I only have a mattress on it (no box spring) and it's like 29" high (mid thigh). If you used it with a box spring, I think you'd need steps.

Yeah, I tell people I'm into Hollywood Regency but I really just mean ridiculously over the top. Here's a ridiculous mirror I'm installing in my bathroom. It's venetian glass (and way huger than I meant to buy).

(you now what would really make my living room pop? Picking up the stacks of books piled everywhere. And maybe taking down the Spike Spiegel wall scroll.)

And, in other news, a new cat visited today! I think he's scared tho', he ran out when I went into the kitchen.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

youve got rabies now

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
you gotta punch those things twice cause you don't know if they're faking death the first time you do

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

That mirror is awesome. And stacks of books give a home character :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

t_violet posted:

(you now what would really make my living room pop? Picking up the stacks of books piled everywhere. And maybe taking down the Spike Spiegel wall scroll.)
They go well with the layers of clothing and blankets you've built up in the other room.

• Locked thread