Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

This Hulk event brought my Wolverine from level 30 to level 85. Do those PvE events, y'all.

Yeah but you're boost iso buffer has to be greater since after the iso rewards and first time bonus you get 20 iso per run. I've used up all my iso on leveling my dudes and now I'm out, making it harder to chain run.

I guess they are a crutch, but poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Phenotype posted:

Yep yep. I thought I was in a bracket with a lot of people who couldn't handle the level 100+ Dark Avengers and Hammer mercs, because I got to ~300 last night once those Greenland missions came out. Today I have grubbed my way back to 4500 by grinding those high-level missions a lot more than last night. Either a lot of people took the night off last night or there are a lot of people smashing through those level 15 Ragnaroks.

Pretty sure it's the latter. I'd have a massive score if I could pull the 1k from that mission, plus the subsequent runs.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gallow posted:

Ok, who has a strategy for the Needy mission? By the time I got rid of the HAMMER goon, they finished my Spider-Man off and everyone else was clinging to life.

EDIT: Made it through on the 2nd attempt. Wolverine died from Juggernaut's one-two combo instead of Spider-Man.
Completely ignore the HAMMER goon and focus Juggernaut while denying as many green matches as you can - the HAMMER guy will do nothing but passively generate green AP because his skill is the most expensive in the group. You leave Ragnarok till second because the AI will spend its red on Thunderclap and make more greens to feed your Wolverine rather than one-shot almost anybody with Headbutt. Once Juggernaut is down, start on Rags with the same strategy but hopefully you've got enough blue AP at this point to start stunlocking him and about 800 points of strike tiles up.

My Spidey is level 64 with a 4-AP stun and I haven't lost a guy doing that - as long as Rags is up you don't need to worry about the headbutt, and while you'll eat a few Unstoppable Crashes they're nowhere near as deadly and if you can rotate Wolverine into position as soon as the AI gets enough AP for one then he'll shrug it off in a few turns with his boosted regen. I try to throw Hulk out in front as much as possible to generate some greens because the key is really just getting out strike tiles. The computer's priorities are always Thunderclap > Headbutt and Unstoppable Crash > Godlike Power > Rocket.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
The way my score on the mini events is ping ponging it's looking like I'll have to spend Christmas morning playing to ensure I get some tokens.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Man, the rewards on the added Punisher missions are huge. Like, 2000 points compared to 250 for the "boss" fight for the mini event.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Ghostlight posted:

Completely ignore the HAMMER goon and focus Juggernaut while denying as many green matches as you can - the HAMMER guy will do nothing but passively generate green AP because his skill is the most expensive in the group. You leave Ragnarok till second because the AI will spend its red on Thunderclap and make more greens to feed your Wolverine rather than one-shot almost anybody with Headbutt. Once Juggernaut is down, start on Rags with the same strategy but hopefully you've got enough blue AP at this point to start stunlocking him and about 800 points of strike tiles up.

My Spidey is level 64 with a 4-AP stun and I haven't lost a guy doing that - as long as Rags is up you don't need to worry about the headbutt, and while you'll eat a few Unstoppable Crashes they're nowhere near as deadly and if you can rotate Wolverine into position as soon as the AI gets enough AP for one then he'll shrug it off in a few turns with his boosted regen. I try to throw Hulk out in front as much as possible to generate some greens because the key is really just getting out strike tiles. The computer's priorities are always Thunderclap > Headbutt and Unstoppable Crash > Godlike Power > Rocket.

Thanks, this helped a lot. I got through it and now I'm a bajillon spots in 31st. Took a couple attempts got lucky with starting layouts, but it worked.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
OBW's black passive is not as great as I originally thought - her black passive doesn't activate unless the matched tiles bear her symbol. I figured Captain Planet wasn't doing much good on my team with no tiles belonging to him and his abilities being awful so I subbed OBW (level 40) in with my 85 Wolvie and 85 Spiderman - her purple is still nice and her blue can be good if it's a minion match but that's pretty lame that she needs to own the tiles.

Can anyone think of a relatively easy to obtain (ie no 3 stars) 3rd member to my team - thor seems like a waste since Wolvie's red hits so much harder in this event, storm's blue is taken by spidey and green is taken by wolvie so she's out, not sure where to turn for some kinda utility character. Maybe Grey Widow since she's 40 now (I know I said no 3 stars, but this is the one and only other I have of highish level)

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

This Hulk event brought my Wolverine from level 30 to level 85. Do those PvE events, y'all.

I did the base 3-4 missions to grab a green hulk, but the rest are all so high level it would be a week or so before I could try em.

I just hope the next event is in a couple of weeks at least to let me level up.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
All the drat daily deals just gave me Wolverines. I want Spiderman/Hulk/Punisher damnit. Or a drat red Ragnarok at least. You can't buy skillups unless you have at least 1 level already. :(

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012

WetSpink posted:

OBW's black passive is not as great as I originally thought - her black passive doesn't activate unless the matched tiles bear her symbol. I figured Captain Planet wasn't doing much good on my team with no tiles belonging to him and his abilities being awful so I subbed OBW (level 40) in with my 85 Wolvie and 85 Spiderman - her purple is still nice and her blue can be good if it's a minion match but that's pretty lame that she needs to own the tiles.

Can anyone think of a relatively easy to obtain (ie no 3 stars) 3rd member to my team - thor seems like a waste since Wolvie's red hits so much harder in this event, storm's blue is taken by spidey and green is taken by wolvie so she's out, not sure where to turn for some kinda utility character. Maybe Grey Widow since she's 40 now (I know I said no 3 stars, but this is the one and only other I have of highish level)

Thor is amazing with wolverine if you have maxed Thor's red ability. Don't immediately use Thor's red yet. Build up some strike reds with wolverine than smash the enemy with multiple 1000-1500 damage thor red ability + the hundreds to thousands of damage you'll deal from his yellow cascades. Think of Wolverine as gunpowder and thor as the cannon.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's worth nothing that since Thor's red active is half the cost of Wolverine's active (assuming you went 5/x/x with Thor and 5/3/5 with Wolverine), you get double the Strike Tile damage with the same amount of Red AP spent, which can narrow the gap between buffed Wolverine's red and un-buffed Thor's red. Add the fact that Thor's red also creates Yellow tiles, which could create more matches with more Strike Tile damage, un-buffed Thor could actually do more damage than buffed Wolverine with the same amount of red AP, depending on how many Strike Tiles are in play.

And if you don't need to use Spidey's heal, then you can use Thor's Yellow active to create more Green Tiles for Wolverine to play with.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hooray, got a The Punisher at last! :toot:

On the Wolverine/Thor thing, I barely ever have Wolverine use his Red. Two Thor Reds costs the same as one Wolverine Red, and are way better. Plus you've got a good chance of bonus Yellow damage and if you're lucky, it'll be enough to charge Thunder Strike. And to be really honest, I don't even use Thor's Red very much any more. Cuts down on Strike Tiles and those are The Best.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wolvie's red is amazing in the Event tho. 4k damage :eyepop:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Wolvie's red is amazing in the Event tho. 4k damage :eyepop:

Yeah, that's nice. Gonna miss Buff Wolvie after this.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I think I just finished my Iron Man, Black Widow, And Storm in terms of skills finally. All I need now is to level them a bunch and hope to start getting higher starred heroes so I can finally progress.

AllLuckySevens
Oct 15, 2012
I made a fakebook account for MPQ. I'm going to commence adding goons in the spreadsheet, but for now, here's my fouxfile:

https://www.facebook.com/all.l.sevens

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

This lightning round... Bag-Men, Bag-Men everywhere!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

so I have like 20 slots in the roster now and a ton of single covers of various 2 or 3 star dudes. But now it's getting expensive to keep expanding the roster and I keep getting a random hulk here or spiderman there. Now I'm full of a bunch of level 15 people who are too valuable to throw away and too low level to be useful.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Agent355 posted:

so I have like 20 slots in the roster now and a ton of single covers of various 2 or 3 star dudes. But now it's getting expensive to keep expanding the roster and I keep getting a random hulk here or spiderman there. Now I'm full of a bunch of level 15 people who are too valuable to throw away and too low level to be useful.

I have a level 15 Iron Man model 40, a Level 15 Hulk, A level 6 Origional Black Widow, and a level 6 Daken in addition to the base Iron Man, Storm, and Black Widow I mostly use. I really don't know if I should keep any or to trash one if I get something better.

I also have a level 21 Thor I'm trying to hold on to but He kinda sucks right now in terms of giving me a skill that's useful. [Iron Man handles the reds and Storm handles the Greens.]

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Agent355 posted:

I sold all my 1-stars a while back; I gained 10k ISO and four slots :feelsgood:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I really wish they put the punisher cover much lower in the progression rewards.

I'm missing thousands of points :negative:

Eddain posted:

All the drat daily deals just gave me Wolverines. I want Spiderman/Hulk/Punisher damnit. Or a drat red Ragnarok at least. You can't buy skillups unless you have at least 1 level already. :(

Red rags is a daily log in reward, I just got mine a few days ago.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Man, having a high level villain, in my case doom, in the lighting round is so much fun. Level 70/85/82 Doom/Thor/Wolverine, messing everyone up.

I.have a 3/1 Ragnorak Im working on, and I see a green rag cover coming down the daily rewards :unsmigghh:

E: /\ you mean green, unless there is a red one later on that is undocumented on the d3 forum daily reward list.

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 24, 2013

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
That round of prizes was sweet. Got a blue spiderman and a black punisher.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Four green Wolvie covers... in a row! :bang:

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Two top 100s and two top 400s... lets see who I get. Captain Americas and Bullseyes... gently caress me.

Edit: One of those must have been for something else, just got one for Canada and got my fourth yellow Wolvie. Worth it.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 24, 2013

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Four captain America's in a row... I regret going up to five yellow on him. I might save them up to have a 3/5/5.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Deep Winter posted:

Four captain America's in a row... I regret going up to five yellow on him. I might save them up to have a 3/5/5.

I've decided to stop selling him, he may not be that useful, but I have sold a lot of covers for him and may be able to use him as a sleeper low level in tourneys to agitate people with him maxed skills and low levels later.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'm at my folks' house for Christmas and the internet connection is so bad here the game refuses to believe it actually exists. I need my Marvel Puzzle Quest fix, but there's nothing I can do about it. :negative:

I just want to take a moment and acknowledge how lucky I am that something as trivial as this is one of the larger annoyances in my life, currently. Still, before I left, I noticed that I'd been selling away my red Iron Man covers religiously, thinking that I long ago maxed it out, but apparently I only had it at level 4, and the knowledge has been gnawing at the back of my skull and will stay that way all holiday season.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

If I get another purple spider-man I'm going to scream. 2/0/2, not a single cover of the only power that actually matters.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
2 heroic and 5 standard tokens and not a single one was useful. gently caress.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

DrManiac posted:

If I get another purple spider-man I'm going to scream. 2/0/2, not a single cover of the only power that actually matters.

Got you beat, mine's at 0/0/3. I don't think I have a chance in the Avengers tournament without blue Spidey.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Same here. With Powered Up tokens from the Hulk mini events for you too?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Since I can't log in at all, is Storm allowed in the Avengers tournament, or did they just decide to conveniently forget she was one?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Since I can't log in at all, is Storm allowed in the Avengers tournament, or did they just decide to conveniently forget she was one?

She is not allowed.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Man, I think I might actually make the 50k Punisher cover in the Hulk event. I'm at 30k now and the rewards have been ramping up. Now, I'm kinda' feeling like I should keep pushing for Green 4* wolverine.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Really, I'm at like 11k now. How are you getting so much?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Karnegal posted:

That round of prizes was sweet. Got a blue spiderman and a black punisher.

I broke my Cap curse too. Finally finally got my last yellow Wolverine and I got a purple Spider-Man.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I mean, who hasn't been in the Avengers really?

Also why doesn't the X-Men damage boost work on Juggernaut? :colbert:

E: I decided to look up a list of Avengers members and I never knew that Moon Knight was an Avenger at one point. If he can get in, why can't Punisher?

Jibo fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 25, 2013

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Jibo posted:

I broke my Cap curse too. Finally finally got my last yellow Wolverine and I got a purple Spider-Man.

I mean, who hasn't been in the Avengers really?

Also why doesn't the X-Men damage boost work on Juggernaut? :colbert:

E: I decided to look up a list of Avengers members and I never knew that Moon Knight was an Avenger at one point. If he can get in, why can't Punisher?

Do they specifically state who the boosts work for or against? I don't even know who the Brotherhood entails, and I hate the fact that there are still Doombot boosts in the game.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Jibo posted:

Cap and Castle clash pretty hard. During Civil War, The secret avengers were getting help from some villains for something or other. The Punisher goes into robot "BAD = KILL" mode and guns them down before they can help. Cap beats him half to death while Frank gives him a puppy dog "but I did good, why are you mad" look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

New Leaf posted:

Do they specifically state who the boosts work for or against? I don't even know who the Brotherhood entails, and I hate the fact that there are still Doombot boosts in the game.

Just you wait. Episode 3 is going to be nothing but doombots.