Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Merry Whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
NO santa only disappointment here. Merry Christmas im off to bed gotta be up early for more family I really don't care to see.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 11, 2014

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

postin' in the lady thread.

it's ok, i'm a feminist.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

postin' in the lady thread.

it's ok, i'm a feminist.

You're a woman now

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

You're a woman now

how do i break this to my wife?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Portals posted:

ugh why the hell isn't her chihuahua spayed

spay and neuter your dogs and cats, people (not your guinea pigs though, it's not worth it)

just helped my brother wrap some presents, looking forward to opening stuff up tomorrow!

I am a total jerk on Facebook but holy poo poo what the gently caress dudes. And also I've seen the SPCA come round purple's house more than once. Their Alsatian is a mangy decrepit thing with patches of missing fur, and it was a puppy two years ago, they had chickens that mysteriously disappeared and they have five or six cats and a bunch of reptiles and rats that keep dying and/or eating each other in various on-purpose and accidental configurations.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Shithouse Dave posted:

I am a total jerk on Facebook but holy poo poo what the gently caress dudes. And also I've seen the SPCA come round purple's house more than once. Their Alsatian is a mangy decrepit thing with patches of missing fur, and it was a puppy two years ago, they had chickens that mysteriously disappeared and they have five or six cats and a bunch of reptiles and rats that keep dying and/or eating each other in various on-purpose and accidental configurations.

SO what you're saying is purple is a lovely pet owner and cant even take care of a pet let alone themselves :)

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Al Borland posted:

This is in Chicago? Sweet I live in Chicago.

There's a Hamburger Mary's in Andersonville on Clark, between Foster and Bryn Mawr.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Gorgar posted:

There's a Hamburger Mary's in Andersonville on Clark, between Foster and Bryn Mawr.

Well its not very inconvenient for me at all then.

Going to a drag queen burger joint sounds too good to pass up. I'll have to bring friends along and not tell them what it is.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Al Borland posted:

Well its not very inconvenient for me at all then.

Going to a drag queen burger joint sounds too good to pass up. I'll have to bring friends along and not tell them what it is.

Oh sweet, there's one in Kansas City. I live in the middle of loving nowhere, I figured there wouldn't be one within driving distance. Instead, there's one two hours away, and in a city I go through all the time anyway.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Merry Christmas, fellow ladies and also a few of the guys too I suppose!

Pick fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 25, 2013

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pick posted:

Marry Christmas, fellow ladies and also a few of the guys too I suppose!

Same to all you ladies, lady boys, dudes, puppies, cats and trolls.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby
Merry Christmas lady thread!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gbq263jOB0

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Merry Christmas! I'm hanging out with this awesome dog.

DUNCAN DONUTS
Mar 27, 2010

by XyloJW

Shithouse Dave posted:

What is wrong with the post by the red person? Genuinely curious, I am new to the dog ownership thing (we adopted ours from a family that didn't have time for 2 dogs).

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

DUNCAN DONUTS posted:

What is wrong with the post by the red person? Genuinely curious, I am new to the dog ownership thing (we adopted ours from a family that didn't have time for 2 dogs).

I'm sure other people who know more have a better answer, but the way I see it is the world has enough dogs who need homes, there's no reason for people who have no idea how to breed dogs making more.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also a lot of the really deformed breed have serious pregnancy issues which should only be handled by an experienced breeder

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

also come on spay and neuter your drat pets, unless you want them to get out one day and knock up the whole neighborhood/get knocked up

puppies and kittens are cute but making more of them isn't really necessary considering how full the pounds and shelters are

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Merry Christmas thread, I am no longer drunk. However I do advocate spaying and neutering pets because they act like fuckin idiots when you don't.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

detectivemonkey posted:

Merry Christmas! I'm hanging out with this awesome dog.

Same

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

DUNCAN DONUTS posted:

Chihuahuas are stupid things that often need cesareans, this Is a very small town and there's a high chance of inbreeding with random dogs that look about right from the Internet and ffs the shelter here is ram jammed with stupid tiny dogs already and can't find homes for them. Deciding to knock your dog up for shits and gigs is a really bad idea.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

No, that's a different dog, you can tell by the lighting.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Donkay NOoo posted:

Merry Christmas thread, I am no longer drunk. However I do advocate spaying and neutering pets because they act like fuckin idiots when you don't.

There's a spay/neuter clause in the contract with every pup sold from my place.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

VanSandman posted:

i don't care how cute your puppies are, i wouldn't get neutered for one

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Pick posted:

No, that's a different dog, you can tell by the lighting.

You really do know your animals!

Post-presents post! My husband got me awesome cookbooks that I am excited to use. Also some vinyl because he just fixed his record player and now it works. Frightened Rabbit on repeat forever.

My mom got us a huge picture on canvas wedding picture. It's awesome and I love the picture. However, I have no idea where to put it because our house is small and we're not big "HERE IS A GIANT PICTURE OF US" people.

My husband got a Wacom tablet from me so please request pictures/comics to give him inspiration.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

boom boom boom posted:

i don't care how cute your puppies are, i wouldn't get neutered for one

well yeah, you'd be spayed, not neutered.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

VanSandman posted:

You are awesome and probably don't advertise for stud in the swap'n'shop.

detectivemonkey posted:

My husband got a Wacom tablet from me so please request pictures/comics to give him inspiration.

I am about to go do a chicken goatse on a Cornish game hen. Is that inspirational enough?

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

detectivemonkey posted:

You really do know your animals!

Post-presents post! My husband got me awesome cookbooks that I am excited to use. Also some vinyl because he just fixed his record player and now it works. Frightened Rabbit on repeat forever.

My mom got us a huge picture on canvas wedding picture. It's awesome and I love the picture. However, I have no idea where to put it because our house is small and we're not big "HERE IS A GIANT PICTURE OF US" people.

I would like more post-presents posts!

My Christmas was really minor this year but I got:

A Pattern Language and A Timeless Way of Building, both by Christopher Alexander (classics of urban design/construction)

Table saw depth gauge and router height gauge for my soon-to-be woodworking shop

$200 that I will use towards the heels I just ordered

Rubber gloves and a new dish soap dispenser. Which sounds lame (dammit, I guess I am an adult now) but I asked for them as they're Casabella gloves, the best rubber gloves out there (and I'll actually do dishes if I have gloves) and a nice new Simple Human dispenser to replace my rusty one.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
between channukah and christmas money (perks of being from a mixed family) i've got 75 bucks in mastercard gift cards to spend so i'm gonna take my boyfriend out to a nice place for dinner since his bday is jan 11, 6 days after i go back to school
he best appreciate

i got most of my presents from an amazon giftcard i got from my parents for channukah in november so i dont have anything new to report other than usual grandma presents of bodywash and chocolate, both of which i will use

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
Oh boy oh boy, there's a new Doctor in 30 minutes. Best Christmas Ever! :dance:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If you're a student of urban design, wouldn't a book entitled "A timeless way of building" just make you laugh?

I mean unless it's like "Squares are a good shape."

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

has anyone else here done 23andMe? I'm looking forward to seeing how much of a neanderthal I am

Portals fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 3, 2014

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

I have fluffy dice for the car I bought in November, whittakers chocolate and a model fantail in a fancy birdcage that you put together from my sister and parents in NZ, a sweater and mittens from my mother in law, and my husband has a new macro lens and more chocolate and a raspberry pi. The cat is going nuts for her new catnip toy.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

If you're a student of urban design, wouldn't a book entitled "A timeless way of building" just make you laugh?

I mean unless it's like "Squares are a good shape."

To be fair, they are quite nice, I'm a fan.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
wher buy armstrong pillow

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Putty posted:

wher buy armstrong pillow

I would be very surprised if there isn't already an armstrong body pillow design on deviantart

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Portals posted:

I got chocolates, assorted nail polish, nice headphones, a couple of books, some sweaters, a 23andMe kit, and cash. pretty nice haul and not I am totally full from christmas dinner uggh

has anyone else here done 23andMe? I'm looking forward to seeing how much of a neanderthal I am

i thought the fda shut down 23andme? or some other government related drama went on
im super curious and would like to do that sometime, though

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Merry Christmas ladies, please enjoy my lovely sister with a big rear end dog (BAD) thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Chiba City Blues posted:

i thought the fda shut down 23andme? or some other government related drama went on
im super curious and would like to do that sometime, though

they just shut down some of the stuff about your risks of illnesses I think, because there was a concern about people self-diagnosing or using it in place of a doctor

• Locked thread