Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Alright Starbound Goons. All I want for Christmas is to finish this loving list of gun names for this huge content mod. I spent a while last night doing some major work on it. They still aren't totally ordered by power but they are for the most part. There are some names I'm still having issues with, so I've unlocked it for editing once more.

I'm mostly happy with where it's at other than the colored squares, so stick to those unless you have some comedy gold. Red squares are names that simply aren't working out, yellow squares I like the idea of but they aren't quite there, and green squares are names that work, but are too basic and/or boring...they just need some extra oomph, like an adjective or descriptor of some sort.

I've ordered the races (along the bottom) from left to right in order of which races need the most work to which need the least. Apex needs the most work. Apex has a ton of monkey references, could use some more Orwellian references, just not straight up quotes, like it has now.

http://goo.gl/Xs5wOs

After the list is finished I'm going to start writing flavor text for all of them. Heh, that'll be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

SubNat posted:

Woo, progress! But does anyone know why neither the Vault, 3D-printer, nor Fuel storage work, despite having the correct code/colour in the .structure and dropshipblocks ?

Are you filling the empty areas of the interior with white/"nothing" selection? That seems to conflict somehow with stuff like the stations. Try putting plain-old wall paneling or the blue "No changing the background" in the other squares where that stuff will show up.

Here is my Beowulf's blocks as an example (blown up 800%):

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Starhawk64 posted:

I wish there was magic mirror function. Anytime I get bored of spelunking I just find that's faster to just to jump into the nearest pool of lava when I want to get back to the ship.

It's been said a bunch of times, but just save&quit and you're back in your ship without dying.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

A one time use craft-able magic mirror item would be cool, made with copper or something. It'd be pointless if save&quit keeps putting you right back on your ship though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What's the deal with the "Warp Home" button now? It doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

New Leaf posted:

What's the deal with the "Warp Home" button now? It doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Have you selected a planet as your home?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Iny posted:

Have you selected a planet as your home?

Not sure to be honest.. Let's say I have- but my ship is at a different planet. If I warp down, where do I end up?

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Not sure to be honest.. Let's say I have- but my ship is at a different planet. If I warp down, where do I end up?

Depends. Did you click the "Warp to Surface" button or the "Warp to Home" button? The game gives you a choice now!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

New Leaf posted:

That's why there's two options. Warp to Planet warps you to the planet you're orbiting. Warp Home warps you to your set home planet, regardless of where you're at.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Has there been any talk of same-system multiplayer? With Steam Machines coming out next year some split screen action ala 360 Minecraft/Terraria would be neat.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Are you filling the empty areas of the interior with white/"nothing" selection? That seems to conflict somehow with stuff like the stations. Try putting plain-old wall paneling or the blue "No changing the background" in the other squares where that stuff will show up.

Here is my Beowulf's blocks as an example (blown up 800%):

:toot:!

It works now! Many thanks, now I just need to sprite the thing.

Feed Me A Cat
Jun 18, 2012

Miijhal posted:

Made myself a nice little spaceship.

Now I can travel around the galaxy, lobotomize the wildlife, and steal Christmas in style.

I'm really liking the anchor chain connected room.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Ummm... Hooray for betas! Guess I'll have to make a new character, seeing as I can't access any of my ship's functions.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Starhawk64 posted:

I wish there was magic mirror function. Anytime I get bored of spelunking I just find that's faster to just to jump into the nearest pool of lava when I want to get back to the ship.

You can also just exit to main menu on the character to get ported to your ship, however I agree, wish there was a magic mirror analogue.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

chami posted:

Ummm... Hooray for betas! Guess I'll have to make a new character, seeing as I can't access any of my ship's functions.

Click the teleport button on the right.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Demiurge4 posted:

Click the teleport button on the right.

I did - it teleports me to the planet surface, and teleporting back to the ship spawns me above the ship on the same level as in the screenshot.

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

chami posted:

I did - it teleports me to the planet surface, and teleporting back to the ship spawns me above the ship on the same level as in the screenshot.

Delete your ship world file?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
How do you expand your ship anyway?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Is there a higher tier furnace? I have a shitload of titanium I need to do things with, faster.

e:

poptart_fairy posted:

How do you expand your ship anyway?

Not in the game yet (or mods).

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

boo_radley posted:

Is there a higher tier furnace? I have a shitload of titanium I need to do things with, faster.

Build 2?

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

boo_radley posted:

I'd love to see some Technic-style automation modded in, it seems like logical progression!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Any mention as to whether titanium panels will be purchasable in later builds?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Can't you... make them?

Out of titanium?

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Turk posted:

Delete your ship world file?

Yeah, doing that or restoring the ship world file from a backup fixes it, in case anybody else runs into that same problem.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

All aboard the USS Blast Furnace, :toot: :toot:
Seriously, that's a boring idea.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Zereth posted:

Can't you... make them?

Out of titanium?

I need more

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

boo_radley posted:

I'd like to see better furnaces that can do some combination of more things at once and do things faster.

Even making a bunch of furnaces is a pain in the butt if you're say trying to smelt a lot of glass.

Even that would be a bit easier if you could tell if a furnace was actively smelting or not without looking inside it.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
Just curious, did they fix the multiplayer item dupe glitch in this patch? I haven't tested it.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
So is there a new coordinate file? I've been looking for airships for Blackbeak the Dread Pirate Parrot.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

boo_radley posted:

You're right.

Build 200.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Arsonide posted:

Alright Starbound Goons. All I want for Christmas is to finish this loving list of gun names for this huge content mod. I spent a while last night doing some major work on it. They still aren't totally ordered by power but they are for the most part. There are some names I'm still having issues with, so I've unlocked it for editing once more.

I'm mostly happy with where it's at other than the colored squares, so stick to those unless you have some comedy gold. Red squares are names that simply aren't working out, yellow squares I like the idea of but they aren't quite there, and green squares are names that work, but are too basic and/or boring...they just need some extra oomph, like an adjective or descriptor of some sort.

I've ordered the races (along the bottom) from left to right in order of which races need the most work to which need the least. Apex needs the most work. Apex has a ton of monkey references, could use some more Orwellian references, just not straight up quotes, like it has now.

http://goo.gl/Xs5wOs

After the list is finished I'm going to start writing flavor text for all of them. Heh, that'll be fun.

A bunch of mine made the cut! :haw:

What color should we change the box to after we edit the undesirables?

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

There should be a four-rack furnace.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Blasted through all the content today, much less than I thought there would be. I mean all the tiers and ores were cool, but I after I got the Diamond Drill I couldn't find anything to actually make with all the new ores except for new armour and some lovely premade weapons.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Zeron posted:

Blasted through all the content today, much less than I thought there would be. I mean all the tiers and ores were cool, but I after I got the Diamond Drill I couldn't find anything to actually make with all the new ores except for new armour and some lovely premade weapons.

Did you go past the dura steel upgrade and get to X sector?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Miijhal posted:

Made myself a nice little spaceship.

Did you model your spaceship off of the matter manipulator?

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Jackard posted:

Did you model your spaceship off of the matter manipulator?

Nope, just sketched a bunch of plans and that was the one that offered enough space while looking decent (though next time I really need to add more details to the hull). I thought it looks a lot like the Covenant guns in Halo.

Wanted to make a vaguely realistic ship but that doesn't really work well when you can't stick furniture upside-down to the ceiling.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 26, 2013

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Miijhal posted:

Nope, just sketched a bunch of plans and that was the one that offered enough space while looking decent. I thought it looks a lot like the Covenant guns in Halo.

Wanted to make a vaguely realistic ship but that doesn't really work well when you can't stick furniture upside-down to the ceiling.

Looks more like the front-end of the Event Horizon.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
All I see is

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Gamma Aei 60 I

33544798, 61866684

Go left until you reach the pressurized steel ziggurat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Not My Leg posted:

You're right.

Build 200.

What, you guys haven't strip mined a moon and turned it into a furnace (forge) world? Pssh slackers.

• Locked thread