Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

New Leaf posted:

Do they specifically state who the boosts work for or against? I don't even know who the Brotherhood entails, and I hate the fact that there are still Doombot boosts in the game.

Deep Winter posted:

Cap and Castle clash pretty hard. During Civil War, The secret avengers were getting help from some villains for something or other. The Punisher goes into robot "BAD = KILL" mode and guns them down before they can help. Cap beats him half to death while Frank gives him a puppy dog "but I did good, why are you mad" look.

That and not everyone knows that Moon Knight is a dangerous psychopath with dissociative identity disorder.

As for the Brotherhood.... uh.... in the game, there's Magneto and......................... .................. ...................... .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Mag...ne...to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Deep Winter posted:

Cap and Castle clash pretty hard. During Civil War, The secret avengers were getting help from some villains for something or other. The Punisher goes into robot "BAD = KILL" mode and guns them down before they can help. Cap beats him half to death while Frank gives him a puppy dog "but I did good, why are you mad" look.

That was actually one of the cooler moments in Civil War and I saw War Journal as Frank kind of mellowing from that specific experience. But really I was just kind of poking fun at the idea of Moon Knight who is more or less a murderous schizophrenic being a part of the (mostly) altruistic Avengers (just forget about Hulk and Ant-Man).

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Veryslightlymad posted:

That and not everyone knows that Moon Knight is a dangerous psychopath with dissociative identity disorder.

As for the Brotherhood.... uh.... in the game, there's Magneto and......................... .................. ...................... .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Mag...ne...to?

Juggernaut?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

Actually gray 2-star magneto isn't even in the brotherhood, he's reformed in the x-men. :v:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I just had two matches in a row during lightning rounds where the AI double crit enviroment tiles in jungle during a cascade on the third match and forest fired my boost ap away and killed my thor.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Okay, I beat a guy in the lightning round who was supposed to be worth 24 points, got 0 points, and the round's still going. Is this a bug or some "feature" I didn't know about? It may have cost me the top 25.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Didnt get my rewards, but support were right on it. Got a usable purple spidey, sold off so many wolvies and yellow spideys.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Jibo posted:

That was actually one of the cooler moments in Civil War and I saw War Journal as Frank kind of mellowing from that specific experience. But really I was just kind of poking fun at the idea of Moon Knight who is more or less a murderous schizophrenic being a part of the (mostly) altruistic Avengers (just forget about Hulk and Ant-Man).

Ant-man is incredibly altruistic. Superheroism has just hosed with his brain more than most.

I'm not sure Juggy counts as brotherhood, given he's not even a mutant. It wouldn't surprise me if they had a team-up at some point, though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I finally picked up a bunch of Ragnarok covers in standard draws. :stare: He is now 2/2. Holy gently caress even at level 25 he's turning the lightning rounds from horrible slogs into utter clownshows.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Who counts as a mutant for the boosts? is there a boosts work on X thread on the forums?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
XP really dried up today. I only made it to 28250 I think I typo'ed yesterday when I was at 25k and said 30. Well, 3 more days, so maybe we'll get another set of 4 maps or some more with 1k experience spots.

EDIT: Missions are currently bugged - so for those of you who were behind you get to catch up to everyone who ground out XP AGAIN! This is really loving annoying every 2 days when I close towards the top.

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 25, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahaha, got my Magneto, Ragnarok and Spidey team massacred by a team of dead magneto, modern storm and original Black Widow. Oh god I couldnt even move with OBW stealing all my ap and Storm breaking all the forest tiles.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

Bruceski posted:

Okay, I beat a guy in the lightning round who was supposed to be worth 24 points, got 0 points, and the round's still going. Is this a bug or some "feature" I didn't know about? It may have cost me the top 25.

This usually means you were attacked during your round. It should have shown up a "YOU WERE ATTACKED" window when you were done. Sometimes it shows on your reward, usually it doesn't.

I had to throw two matches now so I didn't get yet another purple magneto, finished in 26th place, aww yeah green rag.

e: hahaha my level 38 lightning-round-souped-up Mag just got brought down from 5000hp by a level 1 storm / black widow / the hood group who got a combo which lasted SEVERAL MINUTES.

e2: funny how my rank went from #26 to #17 in a Hood lightning event without me playing any rounds. Nobody wants him!

iRend fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 25, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And the week I get a red and green cove for Rags, I manage to top 25 a lightning round. Coincidence?

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I wish they'd make it so that you always get the 4 PvE rewards first. Getting 20 iso after beating three lv240 enemies is starting to feel painfully grindy. Especially when all I really want is that 500iso reward and recruit token.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Happy Bear Suit posted:

I wish they'd make it so that you always get the 4 PvE rewards first. Getting 20 iso after beating three lv240 enemies is starting to feel painfully grindy. Especially when all I really want is that 500iso reward and recruit token.

Just be thankful you can handle the 240 missions at all. I just ran out of points at ~1500, and it is annoyingly grindy without being able to get the giant chunks attached to the 240 missions and the Punisher missions.

By the way, when are you able to take them on comfortably? I have a ~62 Wolverine and Thor and a 45 Spidey that I just got to 2/4/2 buying hero points (:().

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Haha, you know you're playing against another goon in the Lightning Round when you come up against someone named "kuuenbu.mp3" :v:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Phenotype posted:

By the way, when are you able to take them on comfortably? I have a ~62 Wolverine and Thor and a 45 Spidey that I just got to 2/4/2 buying hero points (:().
I'm doing them fine with a 64 2/3/2 Spidey and an 85 Wolverine. Most of it is Wolverine regenerating 340 health a turn and adding 160+ damage to every attack every 3 green you get - Spidey is just there to heal up guests and buy a turn or two if the AI gets enough AP to wipe me.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Phenotype posted:

I have a 85 Wolverine (5/3/5) and 70 Spidey (3/5/5). I've only played that mission twice without any boosts (More Than You Can Chew) and in both instances I was able to finish it with full health. Just takes a bit of time, and a bit of luck (just hope the AI doesn't get a crazy tile cascade!).

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Powered-up tokens have been replaced by Gamma tokens in the Romania/Sudan prize pools.

A chance for Hulk.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Largepotato posted:

Powered-up tokens have been replaced by Gamma tokens in the Romania/Sudan prize pools.

A chance for Hulk.

Spent my last 200 hp.on it, got a hulk.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Two Gamma tokens...

Two green Wolverines in a row again! :bang:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Two Gamma tokens...

Two yellows for me. As I said, I got my last yellow token earlier today. I've gotten four total yellow Wolverines today.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
After not getting attacked all day in Mightiest Heroes, I ended up hitting first and then got hit by a dozen people in the next half an hour. Matchmaking is so weird.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Two Gamma tokens...

I got the exact same thing from my two, but I then got a purple spider man and a red grey widow. Balance?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I'm an idiot and didn't realize until today that the Hulk side mission points feed into your overall score for the main event. :bang:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Some day.. :unsmith:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
So, two level 247s and a mook that supplies free green. That's nice.

I guess that last fight is for whales only.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 26, 2013

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I loving hate Lieutenants and their stupid loving morale boosts.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Dizz posted:

I love them because I can burn people down despite those and keep them alive when it's just them to build up some awesome Web Bandages to top off all my dudes before I go in for the kill.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Jibo posted:

I love them because I can burn people down despite those and keep them alive when it's just them to build up some awesome Web Bandages to top off all my dudes before I go in for the kill.

They suck when there is also a Ragnarok and Juggernaut that I need to deal with.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Better than having a Pyro or Grenadier feeding them greens.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Hey Eddain, see you're in my bracket. :v:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Dizz posted:

They are pretty much the best enemy to fight at high levels because they can't do poo poo by themselves.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

DrManiac posted:

They are pretty much the best enemy to fight at high levels because they can't do poo poo by themselves.

maybe true, but it still sucks loving poo poo to not focus them down first as they'll most likely heal faster than I can bring poo poo down.

I'm also guessing my problem is also because I'm still using one stars at this point.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
So how does strike tiles affect abilities, namely AOE ones? Does Thor's green get buffed by strike tiles?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Tezzeract posted:

So how does strike tiles affect abilities, namely AOE ones? Does Thor's green get buffed by strike tiles?

From what I can tell, any ability that directly causes damage does.

e: Even mStorm's hailstorm seems to get some bonus from them.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Wolverine and Punisher are pretty hilarious together. Cheap teamwide black plinks from Punisher turn into teamwide black nukes for only 8 black.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Largepotato posted:

From what I can tell, any ability that directly causes damage does.

e: Even mStorm's hailstorm seems to get some bonus from them.

This is really handy for Punisher-required missions in the Hulk event. Even if you don't have him leveled at all, his molotov strike tiles will still get buffed by Wolverine's strike tiles. They went from doing 11 damage each turn to 600-some at one point.

edit: ^^^^Yeah, it helps with the initial teamwide attack too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, I should've waited another 90 minutes to claw my way through the ranks of my bracket. Made it up to 5th and now I'm a big ol' sitting duck for everyone else.

A note for folks, at 85 Wolverine and 75-ish Thor getting boosts for 6 red/6 green at the start lets you nuke an enemy max Wolverine with 2 claws, a Mjolnir, and matching a yellow. After that everything else dies on turn 2.