Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Erebus posted:

This is really handy for Punisher-required missions in the Hulk event. Even if you don't have him leveled at all, his molotov strike tiles will still get buffed by Wolverine's strike tiles. They went from doing 11 damage each turn to 600-some at one point.

edit: ^^^^Yeah, it helps with the initial teamwide attack too.

Lucky, my Punisher just has his red. Sure I can kill anyone below 20%, but a Mjolnir will usually do that too especially by the time I grind them down that far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
In my bracket I am currently sitting 2nd with 631. First only has 657, but don't overly care about IW.

More importantly, 6th only has 464 points and 4th & 5th are on 471. I will hopefully comfortably hold onto top 5.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I love Punisher's Molotov Cocktail animation! Fire!

How's everyone gonna build theirs? I'm thinking 5/3/5 is the way to go.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
This late rushing on Avenger tourney is getting pretty frustrating I can't get much past 600 without getting a bad case of crabs while the people were at 640 when I was at 600 the first time are now at 838. D:

CRAB THEM NOT ME.

To make it worse I can't seem to find a single opponent above 600 to fight despite mass skipping, so grinding the points back is awful.

e: crabbed down under 450 in the last 5 minutes, ugh.

WetSpink fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Dec 26, 2013

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Was 3rd, got attacked for -175 in 2 min

Welp

E: top 15, not so bad

Fellis fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Dec 26, 2013

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

WetSpink posted:

This late rushing on Avenger tourney is getting pretty frustrating I can't get much past 600 without getting a bad case of crabs while the people were at 640 when I was at 600 the first time are now at 838. D:

CRAB THEM NOT ME.

To make it worse I can't seem to find a single opponent above 600 to fight despite mass skipping, so grinding the points back is awful.

e: crabbed down under 450 in the last 5 minutes, ugh.

I was sitting at #2 and then got crabbed into oblivion near the end. I never saw the guy in first but I assume he had a really scary team and nobody wanted to touch him because he was a good 60 points above me at all times.

And now there's a Ragnarok lightning round but I'd much rather sleeeeeeeep.

fake edit: top 45, :argh:

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Whoop top 15. Definitely a lot of fluctuation, since people from the 200s can take you down if they have a Wolverine. That said, it didn't seem like an event where you could just win by playing in the last minute, so those undervalued teams probably weren't going to do so hot.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Came first and now my Punisher is 2/3/1.

I got beat down a little, but the other 2 up around my points were spanked harder.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Top 5 D:

e: 45! not quite 5.

WetSpink fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Dec 26, 2013

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Top 5 too, now I have a 1/1/2 Punisher.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Have a 4/2/3 punisher because of crazy cover luck. Planning on 5/3/5. That way he's not bogarting wolverines greens. Red at 40% is worth a pop, and 4 cheaper than wolverine. It could be really big on inflated boss encounters.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I was around 10th last night, woke up knocked down to 50 something, fought back and ended up near the top of the tier that only received a red Punisher. So close to getting two.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Numero Uno :smug:

Also got top 25 in the Rag LR!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I mostly forgot about it because family holidays and stuff. Remembered at the last minute and scraped up a top 15 win. Yay slack bracket.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I like the Amazon missions.

I can either fight lvl 247 Ragnarok & Daken with Hulk for 800 points or I can fight lvl 65 Ragnorak, Daken, & Venom with Punisher for 2000 points.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I tried that mission with the 240 Moonstone and she one-shot my maxed Wolverine with that red skill of hers. Total bullshit.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Aw gently caress I thought the Avengers tournament ended tomorrow. :( Top nothingth for me.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Largepotato posted:

I like the Amazon missions.

I can either fight lvl 247 Ragnarok & Daken with Hulk for 800 points or I can fight lvl 65 Ragnorak, Daken, & Venom with Punisher for 2000 points.

When I got my punisher covers last night I went from rank 1000 in all three events to <100 in 5 minutes :getin:

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Yesterday, I was #2 in the Avengers tournament when I took a nap at 130. I woke up at 230 and was number 12. I had to do family stuff so I was in and out of the game all night. Woke up this morning to see I was a top 45.

Oh well.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Numero Uno :smug:

Also got top 25 in the Rag LR!

How does the "plus get all the rewards from the next rank" work? did you basically get all the rewards from each bracket?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

DrManiac posted:

How does the "plus get all the rewards from the next rank" work? did you basically get all the rewards from each bracket?

Got IW & all 3 Punisher covers.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Largepotato posted:

Got IW & all 3 Punisher covers.
Yeah. You get both the first place prize and the second place covers. I don`t think I got the second-place ISO and HP though.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

DrManiac posted:

When I got my punisher covers last night I went from rank 1000 in all three events to <100 in 5 minutes :getin:

I wish the rubber banding allowed me to do that sort of poo poo. I was top 200 in everything for the first few days, now I can get the good covers in one event or another since I'm usually between top 50 and top 3000. I really hope this event doesn't end with me getting reamed by banding and some late joiners.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
My highest rank so far

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
What will be interesting is the last day, i.e. what form the rubberbanding clusterfuck du jour will take this time.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
One thing this game really needs is the ability to determine the owner of each countdown tile. The number of times I've have multiple enemy countdowns on the board, and been unable to decide who to target is getting silly. It basically comes down to guessing.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

delfin posted:

What will be interesting is the last day, i.e. what form the rubberbanding clusterfuck du jour will take this time.

I'm planning to make sure I leave the game alone for the 14 hours leading up to the end to make super sure all my mission rewards reset, that hosed me hard last long pve event!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

WetSpink posted:

I'm planning to make sure I leave the game alone for the 14 hours leading up to the end to make super sure all my mission rewards reset, that hosed me hard last long pve event!

Shouldn't be hard to do. Have you seen when the main event ends? Saturday morning at around 5 AM EST.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

delfin posted:

Shouldn't be hard to do. Have you seen when the main event ends? Saturday morning at around 5 AM EST.

1am here which I guess means leave ipad alone after I go to sleep tonight until I go to bed tomorrow.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Woop, beat the level 247 event. Ridiculous. Poopsocking lightning rounds to get my Wolfie up to 85 probably helped with that quite a bit. Also the crit environmental on the first turn and the 150% hammer damage boost to get the sniper down.

All for 142 points. Wait, what?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

After getting a Punisher on the first day (which was incredibly lucky considering how many missions require him in this event) I have somehow managed to thwart the RNG and gotten nothing but Wolverine covers from this Hulk event, and that is no exaggeration.

It was nice to get those final two Yellow covers at least :unsmith:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Should I keep/sell these? they don't seem particularily crazy to be honest. and I don't really have any covers I'm willing to sell in the meantime.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I like Magneto Now, but I haven't really used him in a long while because he never gets boosted and is countdown-dependent. Actually, the last thing I used him for was converting purples into blues so Iron Man 40 could one-shot teams with a boosted missile during his tourney.

Moonstone's alright but her major strength is being the only Dark Avenger with a nuke that isn't black. She's not really up to par with other 2-star powerhouses like Wolverine and Thor, and isn't very good support.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Moonstone is pretty blah -- many consider her the worst 2* in the game. She's not useless (particularly after her recent sorta-buff to Gravity Warp) but she's very situational, typically only useful in Dark Avengers tournaments. If you're going to dump some for sure, dump those.

Magneto Now is on the fragile side, but he has some fun powers. Purple converts three basic tiles to Blue (which can set up criticals or just generate blue APs for your other units), Blue blows tiles up good, Red blows up tiles and does okay damage along with it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

So the Hulk event lasts for another day and a half, but the Bolivia and Nevada side events are only open for another 23~ hours. Any idea what's going to happen during those last 12 hours?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Lone Goat posted:

So the Hulk event lasts for another day and a half, but the Bolivia and Nevada side events are only open for another 23~ hours. Any idea what's going to happen during those last 12 hours?

We're gonna get hosed over in the rankings by something random.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

After we collect all the gamma bomb parts, osborn makes one last push as The Iron Patriot.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Zero Star posted:

One thing this game really needs is the ability to determine the owner of each countdown tile. The number of times I've have multiple enemy countdowns on the board, and been unable to decide who to target is getting silly. It basically comes down to guessing.
Victory or defeat coming down to factors beyond the player's control seems to be this game's MO anyway. :v:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Suddenly Abomination and Red Hulk and all the rest of the Hulk-like characters arrive together, and Stark reveals the Hulkbuster armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

MMAgCh posted:

Victory or defeat coming down to factors beyond the player's control seems to be this game's MO anyway. :v:
True that. Sometimes this game feels like a fancy licensed version of tossing a coin. :v: