Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Facebook friends from Bear country:

quote:

Jay cutler will start this Sunday...three plays in he will be out for the season by pulling his vag....great choice Chicago...this is why you suck...

quote:

Hopefully these are Jay Cutler's last 3 games as a Bear!

quote:

Why would they sit the player of the week??? Jay the loser should've been gone a long time ago!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Jay The Loser" sounds like the name of an insufferably twee indie band

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
A Pats fan after today's game:

quote:

Glad to know pass interference isn't called anymore. If you don't think that was pass interference, you've got a problem. Also, on Phil Simms' comments, anything goes at the end of a game? How does that not favor the defense? Because we didn't get hosed by the no-call on Gronk, right? It's amazing how one-sided the rest of the league is. We've already lost 2 games this season on questionable calls. Uncatchable is a load of poo poo when you look at previous PI calls, and the call against the Jets would be fine if the refs would call that against any other team. If you objectively look at the calls this season, it's not in the Pats' favor. The Tuck Rule is a strong deciding factor in peoples' minds still.

Oh have a Bonus Bears fan:

quote:

I don't care what anyone says McCown starts that game Bears win by 3 TD's cuz he doesn't throw dumb picks!

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 16, 2013

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow. That loving balls to complain about a "lovely call" that involved Pass Interference the VERY NEXT WEEK after one of the biggest jobs in history. Well done.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Wow. That loving balls to complain about a "lovely call" that involved Pass Interference the VERY NEXT WEEK after one of the biggest jobs in history. Well done.

Bringing up the Tuck Rule too though!

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Imagine if they'd just gotten each call right in the first place, what a world :allears:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Serisothikos posted:

Imagine if they'd just gotten each call right in the first place, what a world :allears:

I don't think you'd like that result sorry man

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I would like it, as I yearn for the truth.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

AAA DOLFAN posted:

What sort of person could dislike a Browns victory?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

I am a cowboy fan since i was a kid, i have never seen a quarterback from the cowboys or a coach make so many mistakes to literally shoot themselves on the foot. I was so upset when he through the interception and i was so disappointed also,i cant believe the organization has come so far as to basically forget all about fundamental of football, i here romo speak of improving and improving and as a leader you have to give the example, are you personally improving your game,i need you to walk the walk and you speak of improving then do it,as a team you need to improve., the defense needs to improve , the defense is way to pridicatabe, you need to blitz,then drop back into zone,disguise your defense,go one on one and then go cover two,way to predicable, and your not aggresive enough,way to tidmid to laid back playing to loose instead of winning,im calling you out are you a real cowboy can you ride,that bull comes out do you know what to do, i need cowboys with heart im calling all cowboys every where if you can here me i need you to play with a fury all of texas im calling all cowboys out there in the fields if you can tackle show up cause we need you…i ask this as a cowboy fan we got to round them up we need to unite, anyone out there that can tackle show up we need some real men. men like too tall jones who would nt go out because he broke his nail, men like woodson who fought wars they had to drag them off the field, guy like emmit smith who would play with busted shoulders , not worry if there hair look good,, so im calling all cowboys out there if you need a job show up to the party and play a boys game, no more excuses, every excuse has been exhausted if you not hungery to win then get out because i know cowboys out there who are hungry ,are you hungry, i remember when i played football my coach said dont you have any pride we were playing number one running back in the state, he came around on a sweep and i was just a small cornerback, he came hard around that corner i had two options one back off or two go head to head i chose head to head it was like two rams colliding i didnt win the match but at least i can look in the mirror,,, the other one is on a punt return i got a concussuon and i got 3 teeth knocked out quess what i played the very next game and we beat the team that had won many valley championships, wh en that team came in to our house they looked like giants compared to us but we stuck it them.why because we loved each other and played together as one unit no one greater then the other…..so dont talk to me about improving some things that inprovement come from improving the heart if you want it bad enough it will happen ,,,,there is a verse in the bible and it talks about i will take my kingdom away from saul and give it to man after my heart and that man was not very big his name was king david,,,,,not until you willing to sacrifice all your life not until your hungry enough…and this is from top to bottom there are no favorites in his kingdom…….

Seen on Facebook courtesy of KSK

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

I am a cowboy fan since i was a kid

ps i am twevle

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
ending on a bible reference, real commitment to beinga Cowboys fan stereotype

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

a tribute to everyone's favorite bon mot, "stay classy"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

And here we have our latest exhibit, which we've helpfully titled "The Man With The World's Thinnest Skin"

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

quote:

i remember when i played football my coach said dont you have any pride we were playing number one running back in the state, he came around on a sweep and i was just a small cornerback, he came hard around that corner i had two options one back off or two go head to head i chose head to head it was like two rams colliding i didnt win the match but at least i can look in the mirror,,, the other one is on a punt return i got a concussuon and i got 3 teeth knocked out quess what i played the very next game

Pretty much causality.txt right there.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
Hey you can't play that on football, I got a concussion playing baseball as a youngster an d me brain am okay now;

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Why is this article on a sports site

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Febreeze posted:

Why is this article on a sports site

Because Deadspin is terrible.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

The hell, this perfectly reasonable sardonic turn of phrase is now inextricably linked to a Will Ferrell vehicle? Ugh.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

rjmccall posted:

The hell, this perfectly reasonable sardonic turn of phrase is now inextricably linked to a Will Ferrell vehicle? Ugh.

It's a very dumb meme and the people who use it are usually referencing Anchorman.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
E: Stupid post about stupid things, I regret it.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Upon rumors that RB Dalvin Cook will switch to FSU after committing to UF

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

pillsburysoldier posted:

:allears:

This..

This is wonderful.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

He knows that the most high profile criminal athlete was a Gator with tattoos, right

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Declan MacManus posted:

He knows that the most high profile criminal athlete was a Gator with tattoos, right

He wasn't a true gator.

He was recruited by the apostate Meyer, after all.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Declan MacManus posted:

OJ went to USC dude.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

pillsburysoldier posted:

He capitalized cow field but not Ocala? Yeah, that sounds about right.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Thaddius the Large posted:

He capitalized cow field but not Ocala? Yeah, that sounds about right.

I like how he talks about how UF isn't a traditional powerhouse being in the cow fields of Ocala, unlike the stunning metropolis that is Tuscaloosa.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

One of you UF posters needs to get "No Tattoos, All Gator" tattooed on your person.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Oh hey Clowney got popped for speeding again.

quote:

Oh my god he was going faster than the recommended speed, he should be in jail for life. Give it a rest people, if this 21 year old kid played on your team you would not be on here bashing him. Stop acting like you've never got gone faster than the speed limit and if you haven't you're a nerd.
the recommended speed

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I love people who defend speeding. There's the accepted 5-10 over the speed limit that everybody does but people act like going 90 in a 45 isn't a problem. I did injury auto insurance claims for a while. Nothing like a burnt corpse to make you ensure you stay near the speed limit.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

I love people who defend speeding. There's the accepted 5-10 over the speed limit that everybody does but people act like going 90 in a 45 isn't a problem. I did injury auto insurance claims for a while. Nothing like a burnt corpse to make you ensure you stay near the speed limit.

My girlfriend's dad is one of those people. We had to explain why doing 100 in a residential area might, you know, be dangerous. :wtc:

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Spoeank posted:

are you for real

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
do you mean "nothing like seeing a burnt corpse"

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Rap posted:

do you mean "nothing like seeing a burnt corpse"

I prop one up in the passenger seat as a constant reminder. It also lets me use the carpool lane.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I've seen... I think, 4(?) burnt corpses. Pictures only though not in person.

Now that I do auto inspections I see stuff like scalp in windshields :stonk:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Was it a Cherokee?

The vehicle I mean

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

sweet thursday posted:

I prop one up in the passenger seat as a constant reminder. It also lets me use the carpool lane.

Gotta look on the brighter side of things.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

sweet thursday posted:

Was it a Cherokee?

The vehicle I mean

More likely a Ford. Or Ferrari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

I've seen... I think, 4(?) burnt corpses. Pictures only though not in person.

Now that I do auto inspections I see stuff like scalp in windshields :stonk:

Everything is going according to plan Mr. Durden.

• Locked thread