Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

FordPRefectLL posted:

Forgot about this episode.

"My name is unpronounceable"
"Is it the N-word?"

Cue everyone breaking down laughing.

The great thing is you can see the reaction on your youtubes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lFsS3PDoZA

Go to about 44:45.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I got some money today and the first thing I bought were this year's live shows! The best Christmas.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ashpanash posted:

The great thing is you can see the reaction on your youtubes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lFsS3PDoZA

Go to about 44:45.
I hadn't watched the video version of this. I'd never caught PFT counting pens during the song, that's great.

But yeah, also picking up the live shows for myself as a gift!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Best Of Part 2 is up suckas

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Oh my god I forgot about Odenkirk's Breaking Bad finale story I'm loving crying

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I could get used to this.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Anyone get a new No No for Christmas?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Can't believe "Two Thumbs and Not Much Else" didn't crack the top 5.

Also still can't believe that episode wasn't titled "Wait, I Have a Question" based on how often it was said.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Where's where's the beef?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Crankit posted:

Where's where's the beef?

Beep the beep?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
High five freeze frame.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Some weird picks in the best of episodes so far. Really didn't think the Weird Al or Frank Stallone episodes would be in there. Even the Jon Hamm/Nick Kroll one kinda surprised me, and I was expecting the 4th anniversary and Tom Leykis episodes to be top 5 at least

Also PFT has been in 5/9 of them so far

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

I think Jon Hamm episodes have been high up in the best ofs every year 'cause of Star Power.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
If 4th anniversary is out, what's winning? Time Bobby 2? F&P3? Wompler pool party?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

erezaka posted:

I think Jon Hamm episodes have been high up in the best ofs every year 'cause of Star Power.
Most people I have gotten into the show, I did it via Jon Hamm love or Adam Scott love. Star power baby.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

erezaka posted:

Star Power

Good song.

I'm willing to bet the Cactus Tony ep is close to the top. And yeah Time Bobby 2 as well. Probably the Edgar Wright/Simon Pegg/Nick Frost ep, and the Lennon/Huebel/Niko Case episode. And that episode with Tim Heidecker and the train whistle and the super drunk Jon Daly.

If any of those that I just listed were already in this last best of ep it's because I haven't listened to it yet. :v:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Cast No Engine posted:

If 4th anniversary is out, what's winning? Time Bobby 2? F&P3? Wompler pool party?

Am I the only person that didn't think Farts and Pro 3 was very good? Even Scott seemed like he was sick of the premise by the end. Maybe if I listened to it a second time, my opinion would change, but it just didn't seem great to me.

On the other hand, I can't imagine that Wompler Pool Party won't be top 3.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I didn't like F&P3 when it came out, but listening to it again just a few weeks ago I enjoyed it a lot and found it a lot snappier than I remembered it being. Like any sequel, you have such high expectations going in that it's hard to appreciate it on its own merits the first time through. Same with Time Bobby 2, which I found underwhelming on first listen, save for the Jaye Davidson stuff ("And I said, 'Hey, lemme see that dick...'")

I was not surprised by the appearance of the Stallone Brothers episode, but Chupacabra/Chupacabro did catch me off guard. The clip presented did not make me want to revisit it, either.

ArtVandelay posted:

Beep the beep?

Cut. That'll do it.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I don't remember anything about F&P3, which isn't a good sign. I remember liking it at the time it came out though, although not as much as the first two.

I didn't really care for the Stallone brothers ep, but I thought Frank Stallone was really funny on the Christmas ep.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
The Weird Al episode was fire. You guys are nuts.

I haven't listened to the best of's yet, but has the Frost/Wright/Pegg shown up yet? The middle section was glorious.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I'm willing to bet the Cactus Tony ep is close to the top. And yeah Time Bobby 2 as well. Probably the Edgar Wright/Simon Pegg/Nick Frost ep, and the Lennon/Huebel/Niko Case episode. And that episode with Tim Heidecker and the train whistle and the super drunk Jon Daly.

That Heidecker and drunk Jon Daly episode was already a bonus clip, they just played Paul Rust's New No-Nos from the start of the show. Scott said it came in at #20.

I've given up hope on the idea that Royal Watching makes it anywhere, and that's tragic.

I'm going to say the top 6 is something like (in no specific order):
Time Bobby 2
Wompler Pool Party
Poehler Ice Caps
Farts and Procreation 3
Halfway to China
#TheWorldsEnd

Also, there must be a bonus clip of Bob Ducca's list of people he imagines himself to be, and that Weird Al episode was great and I was surprised to see the complaints.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

thefncrow posted:

That Heidecker and drunk Jon Daly episode was already a bonus clip, they just played Paul Rust's New No-Nos from the start of the show. Scott said it came in at #20.

I've given up hope on the idea that Royal Watching makes it anywhere, and that's tragic.

I'm going to say the top 6 is something like (in no specific order):
Time Bobby 2
Wompler Pool Party
Poehler Ice Caps
Farts and Procreation 3
Halfway to China
#TheWorldsEnd

Also, there must be a bonus clip of Bob Ducca's list of people he imagines himself to be, and that Weird Al episode was great and I was surprised to see the complaints.

HUG NICEMAN

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I didn't like Farts and Pro 3 or Time Bobby 2 much either. I haven't re-listened to them, though.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Did anyone else pick up on (what I think was) PFT getting confused and thinking a conversation that Todd Glass and James Adomian had on the Todd Glass show, about Judge Judy executing people, was a conversation he and Scott had had on CBB?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Paul F Tompkins does exist outside of podcasts, you know.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Riptor posted:

Did anyone else pick up on (what I think was) PFT getting confused and thinking a conversation that Todd Glass and James Adomian had on the Todd Glass show, about Judge Judy executing people, was a conversation he and Scott had had on CBB?

I mean, I listen to both podcasts and I remembered but couldn't place it. vOv

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Please, call him Gary.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

I mean, I listen to both podcasts and I remembered but couldn't place it. vOv

Isn't "Judge Judy, and executioner" from the Simpsons?

VVV Actually, I checked, it's from the Simpsons too.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 28, 2013

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

The Ape of Naples posted:

Isn't "Judge Judy, and executioner" from the Simpsons?

Hot Fuzz

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Mr. Squishy posted:

I can't imagine how he finds the time to do so, though.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Riptor posted:

That's what I was thinking too. "I'm sending this baby to the electric chair because you have a cat that's the size of a dog!"

In other PFT news, I never thought I'd hear him say "lickin that clit". But now I have.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Working my way through the 2013 episodes again. I'd forgotten that Time Bobby 2 was the peak of IT'S BEEN.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

some episodes I thought should have been higher, some that should be lower. This is the most I've been excited for the top episode reveal.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Can not believe people liked those trite impressions of Sean Connery and Michael Caine.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Shots Fired at Rob Delaney? I was in the minority of people who enjoyed that Michael Jackson hee hee episode but I don't remember Rob not playing along.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

jyrka posted:

Can not believe people liked those trite impressions of Sean Connery and Michael Caine.

Ripped straight from The Trip.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
poo poo impressions of Michael Caine and Sean Connery, invented by The Trip (2010).

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Nah the impressions in The Trip weren't lovely.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

poo poo impressions of Michael Caine and Sean Connery, invented by The Trip (2010).

Pegg and Frost have been doing dumb Michael Caine impressions since Shaun Of The Dead at least. Every movie of theirs have a dvd extra where they redub a scene as Michael Caine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Best Of Part 2 reminded me of how much I lost my poo poo when I first heard PFT-as-Herzog say "Herbie: Portrait of a Serial Killer"