Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Wolvie and Thor will work just fine. You have to rely on a bit of luck so that Rag doesn't get his pain train going, but boosts for all colors, RY, and GB. Focus on Rag first, since it's hard to stop him once he gets going. Beginning of the fight use wolverine's green ability twice, and look for another green to match (or 5 match of any color). Keep going until you have 5-7 strike tiles on the board, then proceed to lay waste with thor's red and yellow abilities as soon as you get them(yellow before red if you can just so you get a chance to get free green matches --> more strike tiles). The hope is to kill rags first, then destroy venom before he can stun/devour your team. If you can get Rag down, then it's almost smooth sailing the rest of the way.

I was trying to get Juggs down first (and managing) since he can basically one-headbut every character if he keeps red up.
After that it was just the pain-train non-stop.

VV :allears: So bad it's good. It's almost as good/bad as that Marvel TV show is at the moment.

matryx fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Dec 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

matryx posted:

Damnit, I'll never know this mission's ending dialogue (if there is any)!

Hulk: "That's the last one. Now for your end of the bargain. When we get back I'll let Banner out to play."
Fury: "We need to finish off the Dark Avengers (can't recall if he uses that name) first."

I did it with Wolvie and Black Widow, keeping Rags stunned while I whittled down Jugg. If you have Punisher's red it can help to write down the kill values, to make sure you don't misremember. VERY useful on Jugg with his HP pool, with the other teo it's a couple of thousand and if you have strikes rolling you can blow through that easily by the time you get to them.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I've had really good luck with the standard tokens lately. Got a OBW blue, Grey Widow green, and Dr. Doom black from the standard machine in the past three days. Combined with the OBW blue from the Avengers tournaments, she's now at 4/5/3. Doom is also at 5/1 and level 63, so maybe this will make the lightning rounds slightly more tolerable.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Red Rags from a standard token? Hells yes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:wtc:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
My Bolivia bracket maxes at 7800 as well, but we only have two of those so far. Nevada goes up to 9320.

I have a pile of recharged missions to do, but the annoying rubberbanding means my best play is to just sit here for about five more hours and wait. Great event design, guys.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

So,

5/4/4 Storm Modern
4/4/4 Iron Man 35
4/5 Black Widow Modern
0/1/1 Wolverine X-force
2/2/3 Captain America
0/2/1 Hood
1/1/3 Moonstone
2/1/1 Storm Classic
0/0/1 Iron Man 40
0/0/1 Spider-man
2/1/0 Black Widow Classic
3/4 Venom
1/1/1 Wolverine Astonishing

I've got a yellow Thor in backlog that goes away in four and a half hours; who am I cutting? I'm guessing it's Venom, but I'm hesitant to do it in case another villains-only event comes around.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Just got a Punisher from the daily deal :ohheavensyes:

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
I just accidentally used my 150% Hammer boost to fight a level 1 Storm/Black widow team in the tournament :negative:

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Aand suddenly moonstone is useful.

e: i wonder if they'll come out with a "+20% damage to women" token

iRend fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 27, 2013

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Heatwizard posted:

So,

5/4/4 Storm Modern
4/4/4 Iron Man 35
4/5 Black Widow Modern
0/1/1 Wolverine X-force
2/2/3 Captain America
0/2/1 Hood
1/1/3 Moonstone
2/1/1 Storm Classic
0/0/1 Iron Man 40
0/0/1 Spider-man
2/1/0 Black Widow Classic
3/4 Venom
1/1/1 Wolverine Astonishing

I've got a yellow Thor in backlog that goes away in four and a half hours; who am I cutting? I'm guessing it's Venom, but I'm hesitant to do it in case another villains-only event comes around.

Honestly, I'm leaning toward IM40. You have one cover, his worst cover. His yellow is the big draw, with the red being a close second. The blue is mostly for leveling him up, and while they're a little rare, he's the kind of cover you'll get more of as rewards down the line.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

iRend posted:

Aand suddenly moonstone is useful.

e: i wonder if they'll come out with a "+20% damage to women" token

Yeah for worthless 55 Moonstone sitting aorund

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

NITROUS DIVISION
I still don't understand how PVE works. Should I wait a few hours before starting these hulk missions?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If these last events don't scale (I haven't seen the globe ones scale, whether by design or by my high rank) I will end the event at 49,740 points. Sooooooo cloooooose...

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Are they repeatable? Right now I'm 1600 short of the Punisher cover.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
broke 50k in second place, here's to hoping I can hold top 300 for the next 12 hours of which I'll be gone for at least 7

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I did the first one, and it is repeatable but it isn't showing me any points for the second try.

I have 49,729 points and am seeing 149 points from the last three. This means I'm not touching these for a couple of hours and they'd BETTER go up in value. Right now, exactly four people are above 50K.

EDIT: I am now seeing 169 from the last three. This means rubberbanding is in effect and the later I wait, the better my odds.

delfin fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 27, 2013

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I'm in the same boat. I'm about 1k shy of 50k after one clear of the last set of stages. I haven't done the final one but it's only worth 200 points right now. I don't care where I end up being ranked overall but I'm going to be ticked if after all this, the annoying rubber banding keeps me a few hundred shy of that last reward.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I don't really care about a 4* wolverine I probably won't ever get to effectively use but I'm going to be pissed if they stop me from getting that last progression reward with only 4 points left.

[e] How often do they add new heroes? I played the marvel diablo game today and realized there's a poo poo-ton of dudes they could add. I can't wait until the variety of teams I see are mixed up some.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 27, 2013

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

death .cab for qt posted:

Honestly, I'm leaning toward IM40. You have one cover, his worst cover. His yellow is the big draw, with the red being a close second. The blue is mostly for leveling him up, and while they're a little rare, he's the kind of cover you'll get more of as rewards down the line.

The 40 I have is the yellow one.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I think I'm just about fed up with this slot machine-like bullshit.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

NITROUS DIVISION
OK, one of my missions has increased from 64 to 67 reward points over the last couple of hours, maybe if I wait it out another 8 hours I might actually get that drat punisher.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Heatwizard posted:

The 40 I have is the yellow one.

Sell your venom

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

iRend posted:

OK, one of my missions has increased from 64 to 67 reward points over the last couple of hours, maybe if I wait it out another 8 hours I might actually get that drat punisher.

I went ahead and sent in a support ticket. None of my missions are giving ANY points after only one playthrough. (Except the Punisher mission, because people who haven't cracked a Punisher yet are human filth.) And of course, I've slipped to 1800 because everyone else in my bracket is merrily grinding away. If I don't hit the 1500 mark because of literally not being allowed to play, I'm done with this game and attempting a chargeback for the 20 bucks I put in two days ago.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Phenotype posted:

I went ahead and sent in a support ticket. None of my missions are giving ANY points after only one playthrough. (Except the Punisher mission, because people who haven't cracked a Punisher yet are human filth.) And of course, I've slipped to 1800 because everyone else in my bracket is merrily grinding away. If I don't hit the 1500 mark because of literally not being allowed to play, I'm done with this game and attempting a chargeback for the 20 bucks I put in two days ago.

how many total points do you have? I think the no missions giving out points thing may be some lovely rubber banding since I have 49410 points at rank 964 and the number one dude had 50462.

I wonder if it's going to be a every mission is 500+ points blood bath at the very end.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

DrManiac posted:

how many total points do you have? I think the no missions giving out points thing may be some lovely rubber banding since I have 49410 points at rank 964 and the number one dude had 50462.

Hah, I hit 45k two days ago, and then mission rewards went down hard yesterday. I went from thinking "Ok, play a handful of missions and then I'll finally get to play Punisher missions!" to "Well, if I keep it up I should at least get him by the end." I'm at 48900 now, and even when the last maps ended I was thinking "I can probably grind 1200 points out of the last missions and play some Punisher!"

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
#629 with 49561 points and literally the only mission that will give me any points is The Final Showdown, at 124 points for taking out a level 240 Juggernaut/Ragnarok/Venom team saddled with a single cover level 15 Punisher. My hope at this point is that the points will renew before this event ends so I can score that extra Punisher cover.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Ugh, looks like I'm in a tryhard bracket. I'm at 49000 pts and #1861. Top player is at 50,462 and Search and Destroy III is only worth 100 pts right now. Bleh.

Oh....tried Search and Destroy once, and now it doesn't give me any points. Fantastic.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

49,915 and no points in any of the missions :allears:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I got a glitch so rather than wait for the curve I seal-clubbed through level 15 dark avengers. Maxed out my Modern Hawkeye and I now have 49843 points. UGH. Rank 145 at least, so unless things go really awry I should get all three Hulk covers.

And I know the city's environment abilities have been mentioned, but I have to smile every time The Punisher stops to eat a sandwich.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 28, 2013

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

bubbapook posted:

Ugh, looks like I'm in a tryhard bracket. I'm at 49000 pts and #1861. Top player is at 50,462 and Search and Destroy III is only worth 100 pts right now. Bleh.

Oh....tried Search and Destroy once, and now it doesn't give me any points. Fantastic.

Is there more than 1 bracket? The leader in my bracket has the same number of points.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Is there more than 1 bracket? The leader in my bracket has the same number of points.

Bucky76 at 50462, then Izzy416 at 50243. I assume we're all in one bracket, it's just that with so many people a few points can make a major difference in the ranks.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I took a chance since the missions weren't going up any more, and ended at 50037. #23 for now.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

delfin posted:

I took a chance since the missions weren't going up any more, and ended at 50037. #23 for now.

I'm in 24th at 50034. I'd have been a little pissed if I had just barely missed 50k after all this. I'm sure there will be a lot of people that do come up just short and nerd rage the gently caress out.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I'm about 1600 short of 50k, but that's because I didn't get a Punisher until the Avengers PVP ended, so I missed a lot of points in the first half of the event. So unless people go nuts in the next few hours, I'll probably miss out on 50k. Oh well~

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

49629, and I'm all out of points missions :negative:

Thinking on it more, I kind of like the way this event is handled, if my assumptions about how they changed things are correct. Given the shitstorm after the previous big event shifting leaderboards in the final hour's sprint, this one is clearly a case of having a fixed amount of points available in the last phase so that basically the people who were leading going into that final stretch can feel a bit more confident. Not completely, but a bit.

Now obviously that would have been dramatically better received if they had loving communicated even slightly with their community, or said you know, get to 49500 by the end of the last two Hunt missions if you want that 50K Punisher cover. But even then, when you consider the volume of ISO and covers that has come out of the event, it's hardly like people have been stiffed. Even with virtually every heroic/powered up cover being sell-bait, I still can't say I did badly out of this event.

bubbapook fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 28, 2013

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bandire posted:

I'm in 24th at 50034. I'd have been a little pissed if I had just barely missed 50k after all this. I'm sure there will be a lot of people that do come up just short and nerd rage the gently caress out.

:argh: And I'm one of them. :argh:

Though my nerdrage will probably just amount to playing with the cat for a bit. His claws are an effective acupuncture.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
:woop: in eleventh with 6.75 hours to go, I think this can happen for me! Also, just got home from the sports bar, and my play may be inhibited by booze.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

bubbapook posted:

Thinking on it more, I kind of like the way this event is handled, if my assumptions about how they changed things are correct. Given the shitstorm after the previous big event shifting leaderboards in the final hour's sprint, this one is clearly a case of having a fixed amount of points available in the last phase so that basically the people who were leading going into that final stretch can feel a bit more confident. Not completely, but a bit.

Now obviously that would have been dramatically better received if they had loving communicated even slightly with their community,

THERE's the key phrase.

The only reason I broke 50K is that I assumed that they would do something different from the prior last-day clusterfuck, and guessed right that 'be ranked high after the next-to-last stage' was a good thing. So now the people who assumed this event would end like The Hunt are furious, the people who are _again_ staring at 0-point missions on the last day are furious, and the people who just want to grind out loving mission points instead of throwing poo poo at the wall to determine the optimal time to play are peeved.

Yeah, people got a ton of ISO and 25 tokens that all ended up being either Wolverine or Captain America but hey it's the thought that counts. But it's the end they remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

1100, I don't think I'm going to be withen the 1500 when I wake up.

I'm going to be super pissed if they don't reset the points or something so I can at least get my punisher cover. I was always under 400 at the end of every day of the event :(