Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I got the points to go over 50,000, it showed me getting over 50,000, and then it dropped me back to the world map still with 49976. I guess I have to mail support because the only mission left I can get points in is the three level 240 guys, and gently caress if I can manage that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Whelp, I just did the "The Final Showdown" which was my only mission left, and now nothing gives points. I'm 4th overall though, so hopefully, I can hold this poo poo down until the event ends. I can afford to drop 296 spots, and it sounds like everyone is getting 0 points, so fingers crossed.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

The funny thing is, I'm not that bothered about falling a couple hundred points short on the Hulk event, but then I'm crushed by having to sell a Spidey yellow from a standard cover because I'm already at 3 yellows. At least it's 25 more HC towards finally maxing Blue :(

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
100ish and like ~49890. Not a single Spidey, Punisher, or Hulk draw this event.

On the other hand, I maxed Thor's levels, Wolverine's levels and skill, and Cap's skills, and somehow managed a #1 in the first Avenger's to pick up the Punisher and an IW to collect dust. Can't complain too much.

Meanwhile, No Man's Land is surprisingly fun. Modern Storm 33 5/4/4, Moonstone 20ish 5/5/3, and OBW 3/4/3 are cleaning up in the forest and pretty much unstoppable unless the opponent Modern Storm starts a big chain at an inopportune moment.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I am 200ish and need 180 points for the Punisher cover. Noooooooooo... :negative:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
There's 14 hours left in Earth's Mightiest and I'm looking forward to waking up to something like this tomorrow.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

As for rewards, the 200 point Hulk deals have been murdering my stash of HPs, but on the plus side, my Spidey is really useful now and Punisher is at usable levels too. Managed to get Soiderman's level up to 80+ with the iso that's been dropping.

The other lesson I learned is that I will save and rebuild a low level Black Widow modern. 5 turn stuns and stay out of harms way!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

This all women tournament is going to be super high variance at the end. If you have a decently leveled OBW with blue, you can just steamroll everyone with basically no damage.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I need some kind of Wolverine, but female. We have one of those, right?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Could definitely do with some X23 and Thor (Earth X).

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

What's the best build for grey suit black widow? I am 3/3/3 right now and a spare purple hanging out in my cache.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

SpclKen posted:

What's the best build for grey suit black widow? I am 3/3/3 right now and a spare purple hanging out in my cache.

5/3/5 probably. The green skill takes a ton of AP but it hits the entire team at lvl 5, and the ability to place 6 green orbs anywhere is amazing when you're teamed up with Wolverine.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
So is there no more point gain resets? Cause I'm stuck at 800ish :(

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Stuck at 1810 with 49178 points. The only mission that gives points is Final Showdown with 177. Already lost it once when Rag got on a bullshit run.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Yep, i'm stuck at ~49500 or so with no points left. Sucks to be me for not doing a couple of the earlier missions I guess.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god, Im. Slowly being pushed to 300.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Had Rag down with greens to spare & close to cap stun.

Then Venom stuns and devours Wolvie.

:negative:

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
I'm really glad i'm not the only person a bit annoyed to be less than 300 points or so away from winning the Punisher and realizing they're not going to reset the points like they usually do.

I don't care about the rankings. I just want the dumb cover I grinded for :smith:

edit: Also happy to read i'm not the only one that gets Ragnarok's bullshit runs. I really hate him.

Necroneocon fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Dec 28, 2013

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SynthOrange posted:

Oh god, Im. Slowly being pushed to 300.

234 :ohdear:

EDIT: wait, I don't care about Wolvie, I just want three Hulks. Why am I nervous?

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

If they have enough of the No Man's Land and Dark Avengers tourneys, I could see Moonstone being useful, even possibly worth levelling up to 85. Right now in NML I think a team of Storm Classic, Grey Widow, and Moonstone would make a strong defensive team. In fact I think the #1 winner will have this team.

Also, these PVE events are dumb.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Despite the fact I feel like i'm getting screwed over by being less than 300 points away from getting a Punisher cover, the PvE events are great because they give you a chance to level your characters.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Necroneocon posted:

Despite the fact I feel like i'm getting screwed over by being less than 300 points away from getting a Punisher cover, the PvE events are great because they give you a chance to level your characters.
True. I got my OBW up to 3/5/5 and I'm sitting on a pile of 70k ISO.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bruceski posted:

234 :ohdear:

EDIT: wait, I don't care about Wolvie, I just want three Hulks. Why am I nervous?
I care about Wolvie, but the problem is they never give out his loving Yellow, which really needs to be at like a minimum level 2 before he's even worth considering over Astonishing.

Also, for some reason I gained two places between me checking my position at the airport twenty minutes ago, and now.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'm loving annoyed that I could've broke 50K last night, but I figured I could just set my alarm and save my points for the last hour frenzy. Imagine getting up after five hours, having horrible reflux pain, and stumbling out to your phone to see you're stuck at 37 points short because the game mechanics are hosed. At least I'll get the top prize.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I wouldnt consider the game mechanics hosed, just how opaque they are about how they work. :argh:

I slipped down to 328. I dont think they are refreshing in the last 8 minutes.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Well, a level 30 Hulk. It still kind of sucks to be so close to the final prize with no way to progress.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Still finished in the Top 300 and got my second Grey Wolverine. At least I had a yellow one previously.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Outstanding. Two hulk covers!

Finally managed to beat the final battle with 45minutes to spare. Since I don't have a blue Spider-Man cover to my name, I finally figured out that Captain and Wolverine were the goto team. What I did not expect was that Cap's yellow defence tile power was key to victory. Along with the blue shield stun lock of course.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Don't want to jinx myself but it's weird hovering around 1-3rd place doing absolutely nothing with no one attacking you while other people are going up and down. Don't know what's going on but I'll take it.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

What should I be looking to run with my wolverine at the moment? He's my highest level by a good deal and most of the fights he pretty much acts like a one man show. I'm sure I can be using these other colors more effectively given that right now the only thing I care about at all is mass green and red.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spidey works well since he uses blue, yellow and purple. He's rare as hell though. Thor is a pretty good compliment as his red is much cheaper, spawns yellows which can be turned into greens, pairing with Wolvie really well. He's also got 5.5k hit points, being a much beefier tank than Wolverine when up against really heavy hitters.

Alternatively, throw in a low level Black Widow Modern and let her soak up the AP from the rear while Wolvie tanks, and she gets to throw out ridiculous stuns and steals.

Okay, the Avengers tournament: I went in a few times, played lots of matches then swapped to low level teams at the end so I can earn more cheap iso once I lose all my points again. I dont know if I've broken the matchmaker, but I have been getting ridiculously underlevelled opponents for ages now.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Dec 28, 2013

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Thor, Ragnarok and Grey Widow can all give you even more green - Captain America is also useful because his Star-Spangled is normally weak tile removal, but strike tiles and the red AP refund turn it into a consistent hitter that doesn't slow down your strike tile generation. Both Thor and Ragnarok will push Wolverine to the back though, minimising the damage you can soak with heals, as they have the same colour focus and higher attack stats (Wolverine only beats Thor on green).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Call Me Charlie posted:

There's 14 hours left in Earth's Mightiest and I'm looking forward to waking up to something like this tomorrow.

This is why I don't really try my hardest in these tournaments. The rate at which you get pushed back when you start to make a little headway is absolutely absurd.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I lost 299 overnight in No Man's Land.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

New Leaf posted:

This is why I don't really try my hardest in these tournaments. The rate at which you get pushed back when you start to make a little headway is absolutely absurd.

I like to push a bunch in the morning the event is ending then wait until an hour before the deadline then just counterattack as much as I can.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

DrManiac posted:

I like to push a bunch in the morning the event is ending then wait until an hour before the deadline then just counterattack as much as I can.

That seems to be the best strategy, in general.

I am noticing a lot of Avengers teams with poor/no synergy. I'm seeing a lot of Thor/Wolverine/IM40 combos. That's a lot of competition for y/g/r tiles, and absolutely no use for any other colors. The group I'm running is IM40/Wolv/Classic Widow. I use everything but black, IM only wants to the yellows to feed AP to the other two, and BW keeps things on lockdown while Wolverine shreds whatever is in front of me. I lock down opposing Thors first, and my kill priority is Spiderman>Thor>whatever>IM40. IM 40 is always last, because the AI is usually good for stupidly freezing itself for a couple of turns if IM40 gets enough yellow, and his damage dealing abilities cost too much to get used in my short matches.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 28, 2013

PaleBlueDot
Feb 13, 2012

All the way from
Transylvania
Any thoughts on Original Black Widow builds? I'm currently thinking 3/5/5, but I'm not so sure on that espionage.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Taking purple past 3 on her pushes the cost up further, reducing the uses you get out of it.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Spider-man is amazing and it depresses me everytime I open a Bagman and not him... God how I wish I could have a maxed out Spider-man I could never lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Mons Hubris posted:

I lost 299 overnight in No Man's Land.

You got me beat. I only fell 218 overnight. Dropping me from 10th place to 104th :suicide: