Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Well, I am in full-on angry nerd mode on their forums over the Hulk tournament. I got high after work last night and meant to just make a bug post, but I let myself get sucked in somehow. :( I don't usually give a poo poo about this sort of thing, but I guess this tickled my nerdy angst the right way.

I'm hoping they'll at least throw the red Hulk cover at me to placate me, since I've sent in a support ticket too, but I'm really thinking I should just stop playing unless they address their system, because I'm not going to have fun with the game if I'm going to get arbitrarily locked out of stuff.

I suspect the reason they don't want to address it is because the problem is that I didn't have the Punisher, and they don't want to say "Sorry, shoulda bought a $30 guaranteed Punisher pack." I'm thinking there was a pool of ~50,000 points allotted to non-Punisher missions, and the reason so many people are saying "I just missed that last reward" is because we left points on the table by not clearing all the 15 pt missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Made it 800 points for the token without too many problems. Then in the next 2-3 hours I lost over 200 points.

Got back 50 or so points then just lost them again in the last 15 mins. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Uuuuuuh, the Hulk is running again. :stare:

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

SynthOrange posted:

Yes I was about to post this :catstare: this is surprising....

edit: Hopefully i won't screw myself this time and stay awake 8 days straight to make sure I am not 250 points short from getting the punisher cover again.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Hopefully it draws enough people away for me to get a decent finish in Earth's Mightiest.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
And this time the Hulk cover is available from the start -- no 50M requirement.

EDIT: Its mission is gone now. Those who didn't dive on it will have to wait.

delfin fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 28, 2013

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Who do y'all run for The Hulk event out of curiosity? I just started visiting this thread (out of anger for what happened last night) so I'm curious. I run Thor/Wolverine/Captain America.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thor/Wolvie/Black Widow either Original or Classic depending on my mood. Getting her stun is invaluable for some of the hard-hitter teams.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Before I came to this thread I had no idea how popular OBW was... Guess all my Hulk exp is going to her. I've had her skills maxed out forever but i've ignored her because for PvP I ran Ironman (The bad rear end one), Thor, and Blonde Hawkeye....

Yeah, i'm that gal. The one with the weird team that usually ended up in the top 1 - 20s. :smith:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
23 hours to do Hulk stuff, just grab the Hulk cover and get back to Avenger Tourney.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
If it's against at least two Hammer goons - OBW / IM40 / Wolverine. If it's against at least 2 Dark Avengers - Spider-man / IM40 / Wolverine.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Largepotato posted:

23 hours to do Hulk stuff, just grab the Hulk cover and get back to Avenger Tourney.

That's assuming it's not a screwup on their end and that they'll close it back down soon. GOGOGOGOGOGO

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Do we know what to build Hulk for yet? I'm guessing I want to go 3 on red, but he's not on the power sheet linked in the OP yet.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
From the D3P forums:

quote:

10 Green AP - Thunderous Clap.
The Hulk claps and a sonic shockwave rips through the battlefield. Does 118 damage to the target and destroys 3 tiles plus one for every two Green AP the team has. Does not generate AP.

Level 2 - Destroys 4 tiles plus one for every two Green AP.
lv3 - Destroys 5 tiles plus one for every two Green AP.
lv4 - Destroys 6 tiles plus one for every two Green AP.
lv5 - Destroys 8 tiles plus one for every two Green AP.
Max Level: 1023 damage

14 Red AP - Smash.
The Hulk smashes, consuming up to 10 of the team's Green AP and damaging the target for 284 plus 19 for each Green AP remaining. Does 20% of the damage to allies if there are more than 10 Green tiles on the board.

Level 2 - 312 base damage. 24 damage for each Green AP remaining.
lv3 - 341 base damage. 29 daamge for each Green AP remaining.
lv4 - 369 base damage. 36 damage for each Green AP remaining.
lv5 - 398 base damage. 48 damage for each Green AP remaining.
Max Level: 2492 damage plus 298 for each Green AP remaining

0 Black AP - Anger (Passive).
The Hulk is angry! When damaged for over 5% of his health a rnadom basic Black tile becomes a 1 turn Countdown that changes 1 basic tile(s) to Green.

Level 2 - Increases Green tiles created to 2.
lv3 - Increases Green tiles created to 3.
lv4 - Increases Green tiles created to 4.
lv5 - Increases Green tiles created to 5, damages allies for 12 and enemies for 24.
Max Level: damages allies for 74 and enemies for 148

They seem convinced 5/3/5 is the way to go. That makes him slightly uncomfortable to use on offense, since Anger will be doing half damage to your guys, but it makes him at least a little discouraging on defense unless you choose targets carefully.

I'm still not 100% sure what the Red power's implying. If I'm reading it right, max level with 14 Red and 30 Green AP would consume 14 Red / 10 Green and do (2492 + (20 * 298)) = 8452 damage.

delfin fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 28, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

That's assuming it's not a screwup on their end and that they'll close it back down soon. GOGOGOGOGOGO

Yeah, at the very least everybody should grab that green Hulk cover. too late, they already took down that and a bunch of other hulk missions.

[e] What's the deal with the shield training? any reason why I shouldn't get a bunch of the progression rewards?

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 28, 2013

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

SynthOrange posted:

Probably makes for a lighter D3 holiday work-week (closing hours points cap uproar notwithstanding).

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
So people who grabbed the Hulk cover now will get another one when the counter reaches 50M? Because that would be bullshit.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Anyone else having connection issues? It just keeps telling me it can't connect and the Avengers event is ending in 20 minutes :mad:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Anyone else lose connection to the game on steam?

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
One last question, how often do the points reset? Every 6 hours? 8? I just want to make sure I don't screwed on Punisher this time. It got personal.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aaaaaa the comm link is down!

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
I can't connect either. Just joined the avengers tourney too. On android.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

rabidsquid posted:

Anyone else having connection issues? It just keeps telling me it can't connect and the Avengers event is ending in 20 minutes :mad:

Largepotato posted:

Anyone else lose connection to the game on steam?

I was, but it's back up!

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
I thought it was just me having connection issues. This sucks.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Lone Goat posted:

I was, but it's back up!

Not for me. :smith:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

seravid posted:

So people who grabbed the Hulk cover now will get another one when the counter reaches 50M? Because that would be bullshit.

They get one right away.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
And all the missions are down on Steam 20 minutes before the avengers event ends, and before I could pull back into punisher cover range. I just want that 5th red cover.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
Wooooooooow nothing like losing 100 points in the last minute of the avengers tournament. :argh: Cant wait for my storm classics.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I would have easily gotten to 5th place if the servers didn't crap out in the last minutes :argh:

[e] I got bumped out of my 15 bracket at the last second :(

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 28, 2013

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

All of you with connection problems, I thank you for my 12th place finish.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Is the hulk event going to run for another 8 days? I guess no one would know huh. Any official news?

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

messagemode1 posted:

Is the hulk event going to run for another 8 days? I guess no one would know huh. Any official news?

Looks like a repeat of the last one. At least now I have a punisher to run his missions. These first few are ridiculous, 20 points for a Canada mission.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Thanks to that last drop of HC from the tourney, managed to finally max out Spideys blue. Taking bets on how soon I pull a blue cover now.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I'm seeing that everyone at the top of the leaderboard for Nevada has 70 points, and it's been that way for hours. I guess this is how they solved the rubberbanding thing, by capping the total points per sub event?

In that case, what determines the order, who got to 70 first?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

A.o.D. posted:

Whoever does it first I would assume.

If anything another week of these mission will let me max another character (now that wolverine is 5/3/5 and 85).

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

I'm seeing that everyone at the top of the leaderboard for Nevada has 70 points, and it's been that way for hours. I guess this is how they solved the rubberbanding thing, by capping the total points per sub event?

It's actually whoever got there most recently.

The first round of the original Hulk Tournament was like this too with few repeatable missions and almost no rubber banding.

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 29, 2013

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="423729005"]
It's actually whoever got there last.

The first round of the original Hulk Tournament was like this to with few repeatable missions and almost no rubber banding.

Oh, snap!

So save that last point until right before the round closes. Interesting.

Edit: This makes an interesting dynamic. You may have to choose between some mission rewards and the highest possible end of round ranking.

Not really that much of a choice. I'll pass up on some common covers and a few thousand ISO vs. a shot at two covers.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 29, 2013

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

So has anyone figured this particular aspect of the Hulk event out?

In my total Hulk bracket, the leader is at 498pts, 215 points ahead of me. In the two Sighting missions, the top leaders are 19 and 44 points ahead of me, for a total of 63 points. Now I get that the Sighting brackets are separate from the main bracket, but they can't be that off the pace, surely.

How in the hell am I supposed to make up the remaining 152 points? Am I missing something entirely?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The later someone starts, the more points they get... Maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.