Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Fable 2 froze up during the first cut scene and I couldn't get it to work :(. Kinda put me out of the video game mood so now I'm watching Bob's Burgers instead. Seems like a pretty good show so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Kimmalah posted:

I just bought The Witcher 2 but everyone talks about how hard it is and I have a pretty low tolerance for frustration, so now I'm kind of afraid to play it. Is it really as insanely hard as everyone says? It looks so cool and I'm in the mood for some sword/sorcery RPG stuff. :ohdear:

I I bought myself Remember Me when it came out and it is easily the most frustrating game ever. Which sucks because I like the characters and story.

My Fable characters are always nice and handsome and lovely and polite. I can't even be mean in a video game. Dishonored, too.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Crow Jane posted:

Fable 2 froze up during the first cut scene and I couldn't get it to work :(. Kinda put me out of the video game mood so now I'm watching Bob's Burgers instead. Seems like a pretty good show so far.

Bobs burgers is pretty good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kimmalah posted:

I just bought The Witcher 2 but everyone talks about how hard it is and I have a pretty low tolerance for frustration, so now I'm kind of afraid to play it. Is it really as insanely hard as everyone says? It looks so cool and I'm in the mood for some sword/sorcery RPG stuff. :ohdear:

I've only played the first Witcher but it wasn't outrageously hard or anything, as long as you pay attention to your skill trees & stuff you should be fine. It's the kind of game where "rolling" isn't given, you have to unlock it yourself. Believe in your power to game.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've only played the first Witcher but it wasn't outrageously hard or anything, as long as you pay attention to your skill trees & stuff you should be fine. It's the kind of game where "rolling" isn't given, you have to unlock it yourself. Believe in your power to game.

I see. It just kind of worried me because when you hear gamers/nerds complaining that a game is really hard it's usually pretty drat hard.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kimmalah posted:

I see. It just kind of worried me because when you hear gamers/nerds complaining that a game is really hard it's usually pretty drat hard.

Get herbalism early so you can make insanely sick potions, like Cat Eyes so you dont have to fumble around with a torch :D FTW

& read every book you find (theres a lot)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Witcher isn't really hard as much as it takes genuine effort to be any good at it and you have to really roleplay that you're this roguish dude and use all his abilities in tandem.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

The Witcher isn't really hard as much as it takes genuine effort to be any good at it and you have to really roleplay that you're this roguish dude and use all his abilities in tandem.

yeah i think a lot of ppl were deceived by it, expecting it to be a "press button to win" type rpg

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Bobs burgers is pretty good

Sure is.

So beards are out, how about Staches? Ladies like a bob Stache? I personally can't row one for the life of me so i shave it off cause i don't want a molestache.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

I personally enjoy a neat well-maintained non-douchy beard on a man who knows what he's doing with his facial hair. Unfortunately most men who grow them have no idea what they are doing and end up looking like a hobo

Moustaches however are pretty much terrible on anyone younger than 50. I know precisely one young-ish man who looks good with a moustache and he is a fluke, a freak of nature

Just don't go there, don't even try

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Mr. Kitty just shaved off his facial hair to go back to work. He was rocking a stache and a beard. I hate staches. They seem to find the most vulnerable, softest, most sensitive part of the inside of my nose and stab me there when we kiss. Ick. Plus, watching guys eat food and get a little in there and then lick it off makes me gag. I'm a little sick thinking of it. No facial hair.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I just finished Robin Hobbs Farseer trilogy and 3 of the Temeraire books and I need more books about dragons. Halp.

Also moustaches are for Dads and only Dads.

EDIT: Never mind, found Dragonlance books. I never want to go back to work :(

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Pretty much agree staches have a place. That's on single gay men and dads.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Shannonmcn posted:

I just finished Robin Hobbs Farseer trilogy and 3 of the Temeraire books and I need more books about dragons. Halp.

Also moustaches are for Dads and only Dads.

EDIT: Never mind, found Dragonlance books. I never want to go back to work :(

Where are you starting with DragonLance?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah i think a lot of ppl were deceived by it, expecting it to be a "press button to win" type rpg

Ok, I can deal with that. I was mostly just afraid it was going to turn into a Dark Souls-esque death marathon that would make me want to throw my controller out the window. Roleplaying and meticulous stat management I can do. :D

Sorry to derail this into videogame chat, I know SA gets that enough as it is.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

What lineage are they?

Goldrush? St.James?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I would like to hear more about the puppies

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

I would like to hear more about the puppies

I too could use some more puppies.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

Lady thread, I have the house to myself, a little over a quarter of good weed, a pot of chili simmering on the stove, and a massive new TV. I kinda want to play a video game, but don't know which one. I have the Fable and Dragon Age series', Arkham Asylum, The Witcher 2, Assassin's Creed 3 and Mass Effect 2 to choose from. Also Skyrim and a bunch of first person shooters my boyfriend likes, but meh.

I know what Pick would say, but I just don't think I have it in me to play Dragon Age 2 again.

arkham asylum will prob drive you insane with its eye-rolling cheesecake women. city was even worse cause you had to play as catwoman. fun otherwise tho

in other news dishonored is pretty cool

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

M42 posted:

arkham asylum will prob drive you insane with its eye-rolling cheesecake women. city was even worse cause you had to play as catwoman. fun otherwise tho

in other news dishonored is pretty cool

Of all those options AA and Fable are prolly your only options.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

I would like to hear see more about the puppies

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

I want to hear their sounds

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Ladies' Thread puppy cam

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Enfys posted:

Ladies' Thread puppy cam

some people have this. i'm reluctant to post it publically

also gonna start a dragon age origins game, anything i should know?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Download the Re-Spec mod. Don't spec into "Shapeshifter".

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tanks are used for keeping enemies away from mages. Rogues are used for keeping enemies away from mages. Archers are used for keeping enemies away from mages.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mages are poo poo unless they're in dragon quest games./

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

VanSandman posted:

also gonna start a dragon age origins game, anything i should know?

look up the money exploit that requires two mouse buttons.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Been sorting through old poo poo after helping my parents move and I found a martini glass that my high school decided would be a brilliant thing to give out to students who went to our senior prom.

The theme was "The World is Not Enough". This was five months or so before 9/11.

I think there's a lesson in there somewhere, but God knows what it is.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

Tanks are used for keeping enemies away from mages. Rogues are used for keeping enemies away from mages. Archers are used for keeping enemies away from mages.

so play as a mage and gently caress poo poo up?

also im just gonna use cheat engine for money because... well, why the gently caress not

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You'll get mages either way. Don't lose Wynne though, she's pretty useful.

Make sure you grab Sten and Leliana in Lothering ASAP, else they'll die and you won't be able to recruit them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
bang the french chick, not the witch

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Money's not totally important in the game, really. You get better loot from sidequests than you do from vendors, for the most part.

Make sure you have The Stone Prisoner DLC, Shale owns

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

bang the french chick, not the witch

not gonna bang anyone
gonna friendzone the assholes

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Crow Jane posted:

Money's not totally important in the game, really. You get better loot from sidequests than you do from vendors, for the most part.

i got the ultimate edition

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

Haha Shale is such a cliche character but so much loving fun.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

VanSandman posted:

not gonna bang anyone
gonna friendzone the assholes

it's a BioWare game. if you don't do one of the idiotic romances you're missing the point

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

it's a BioWare game. if you don't do one of the idiotic romances you're missing the point

i just wanna see who will turn evil if i dont sex them

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

Haha Shale is such a cliche character but so much loving fun.

Until the reveal, it felt like I was traveling with a murderous Quentin Crisp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

VanSandman posted:

i just wanna see who will turn evil if i dont sex them

nobody turns evil but you miss some of the most unintentionally funny cutscenes in video game history

• Locked thread