Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Seems so far like there's no rubberbanding, but I'll have a look tomorow and see whether the points have changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Alcohol and IAP should not mix.

On the other hand, All Tied Up is pretty nice now. Shameful!

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

On the other hand, All Tied Up is pretty nice now. Shameful!

Awh god, did you pick up the 600 or the 2900?? :stare:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

SynthOrange posted:

Seriously, I can't think of how many hundreds of dollars I would have saved over the years if someone would come up with a breathalyzer attachment that you need to pass before making a purchase on my phone.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Man this Girls only event is a slog. Every fight takes forever to buildup ap without boosts.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fight in the forest with Storm Modern, have all the ap you could ever want.

I love the cover for Hulk Canada. "What the hell do you assholes want from me?"

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Right now i'm rank 14 (Rank 1 in Nevada) and I think I still have points to go in the Hulk events for today.

I wish you could link your iOS version to the Steam version :/

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Have recent players tried this with multiple ios devices and gotten cloud sharing to work, or are they still not quite working properly yet?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Today I was reminded of why I avoid these things. I made plans for a movie and then realized it would make me miss the end of the tournament. I hate the part of my brain that puts priorities on these things.

But I successfully avoided backing out of the social life, so I shall treat myself to a cookie.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Are people seeing any rubber-banding going on in this first Nevada stage? I think it'd be hilarious if the person who is leading my bracket with 140 points was really grinding these levels for one and two points at a time.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Voodoo posted:

Are people seeing any rubber-banding going on in this first Nevada stage? I think it'd be hilarious if the person who is leading my bracket with 140 points was really grinding these levels for one and two points at a time.

As people have said, this is how it started last time, and it ramps up a lot and adds rubber banding.

Also this:

"- Points per mission have a rubber banding effect depending on your overall placement (ignoring brackets). This means that if your score is lower than the average for the position that you're in, your missions will be worth more compared to others in that same position. IE, if Bracket Alpha's 1st place has 750 points and Bracket Zeta has 500, Zeta's 1st will gain more points from missions to equalize brackets. This will filter down to lower ratings as well, since naturally in that case, 50th would necessarily be lower in Zeta compared to Alpha. This has the effect of allowing brackets to push higher as a group to achieve the further out rewards.
- Rubber banding effects have been lowered overall for this event although they are still in effect. This has been balanced with providing mission stacks that allow players to run a mission multiple times for diminishing points that recharge over time."

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Have recent players tried this with multiple ios devices and gotten cloud sharing to work, or are they still not quite working properly yet?

I play across two iOS devices and it works fine - initial sync required attaching both to the same Facebook account (have since detached them by removing permission) and they sync. Occasionally you need to do a force close to force sync.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Kalman posted:

I play across two iOS devices and it works fine - initial sync required attaching both to the same Facebook account (have since detached them by removing permission) and they sync. Occasionally you need to do a force close to force sync.

Yeah, i've been playing like this across my iPad and Android and it works pretty much flawlessly. Which makes it strange that the steam version doesn't sync yet (or so I hear - haven't tried it yet as I already play too much of this game!)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh my god, the Punisher's strike tile animation is hilarious! He unloads a full clip from a gun and then fires a rocket launcher for good measure. :allears:

Such a shame its going to be only hit by accident as long as Wolverine is around. Hmm actually his strike tiles can be stronger, and if fully upgraded, gets 3 strength 100 strikes. Outperforms Wolverine by a hair, but upgrading retribution and molotov seem like better options.

Still a stupidly tempting opening move if you get max green boosts though. Make one green match and its pain time.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Dec 29, 2013

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Point caps in Nevada have been either pushed up or done away with entirely it would seem. I've been getting 7 points for the last mission for while now and people are in the neighborhood of 150 points at the top of the leaderboard there.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

So is ISO used for anything other than stat leveling now? You used to be able to pump powers with it, but they changed that to HP. You can't even buy cover slots with ISO anymore. It seems kinda useless for the most part.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Retromancer posted:

So is ISO used for anything other than stat leveling now? You used to be able to pump powers with it, but they changed that to HP. You can't even buy cover slots with ISO anymore. It seems kinda useless for the most part.

You also need some for boosts which can make a huge difference in a match. I'm ok with not being able to use iso for powers if it means I only have to do it 5 times per power instead of the 20 it took before.

[e] Doing the shield training won't put me in with whales during regular events will it? there's a bunch of really nice stuff on rewards list but forget it if I get curbstomped forever.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Ahhh gently caress this PVE arbitrary rules poo poo. I'm fairly sure the best strategy is to wait until the end of the time period to do all the events, perhaps the increases are added based on a percentage of what you currently have? Either way, I have 140 points and the leader has 208 and I have no chance to get more points.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Retromancer posted:

IIRC, you could also only use ISO to power up levels on the early lower chars. I think from 2 or 3* onwards you could only do it with HC anyway.

Plus making boosts purchasable with ISO is awesome.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The worst is when it says you won points after the battle, but when you get back to the map the points haven't changed.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
I have no idea how these people get so many points. Even with resets I can't even get that high...

zamin
Jan 9, 2004

The Biggest Jerk posted:

I have no idea how these people get so many points. Even with resets I can't even get that high...

It seems like the points reset 3 times. I've got Nevada almost maxed, and I know I've drained them at least that many times, but somehow I missed 7 points so I can't cap it out.

Anyway, I've got a 4/0/1 Hulk, what's gonna be the best way to spec this guy? I'm thinking 5/4/4 to avoid the damage on black.

I've also got a 7 cover IM40 with 4 of those covers in yellow. Should I rebuild him with fewer points in yellow? How far are you guys taking his yellow up?

edit: Awesome! Got my last Wolverine yellow and my 3rd Spidey blue from the tokens.

zamin fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 29, 2013

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Top 20 in Nevada, Top 100 in Canada.

Was going to miss top 20, but the 2nd mission with bomb techs reset with 10 minutes to go. Those 3 or 4 points allowed me to cling onto 20th place.

Green Wolv to sell and the last blue Cap from tokens. Just need one more yellow to finish cap now.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

zamin posted:

It seems like the points reset 3 times.

So is it better to wait until the end or do the events early? Does it add points later on even if you haven't done the missions?

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

2 Powered Up tokens, 2 Spider-Mans. Awesome.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Spikey posted:

I got two more Wolverines, bringing me up to an unlikely 15 Wolverine covers for the two Hulk events :unsmigghh:

edit: Still can't complain because my first reward was a Punisher that was basically mandatory for the event.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I can actually finish decently well in the Hulk events since I happened to pull a Punisher last time around. Huzzah

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Why don't they just offer rewards for earning a certain amount of points in those sub brackets instead of making them a competition? They could include the Level 230 fights as stop gaps to force people to spend IAP in order to win the flashy "Chance At A Hulk" token while having one of the seven sub events have an easy Level 230 Demolitionist/Explosive Expert mission instead of 230 Rag/Venom/Lieutenant

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Spikey posted:

I also got a spider-man. Another loving purple one :argh:

zamin
Jan 9, 2004

iRend posted:

So is it better to wait until the end or do the events early? Does it add points later on even if you haven't done the missions?

It seems like the best way is to do them fully early, do them fully after they reset, then once again after the final reset.

Saying that, however, I'm capped at 70 in Greenland and the top person has 140.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Wait, how do I link multiple devices to the same account? So I can use my iPad characters on my iPhone etc.?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

beergod posted:

Wait, how do I link multiple devices to the same account? So I can use my iPad characters on my iPhone etc.?

Connect your main game to your Facebook account in the settings then connect the game on your secondary device to it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jibo posted:

Connect your main game to your Facebook account in the settings then connect the game on your secondary device to it.

Does this work work the steam version yet? I'm not at home to test it out.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Lone Goat posted:

Does this work work the steam version yet? I'm not at home to test it out.

I'm pretty sure that they've said they have no plans on allowing you to do this with the Steam version at this time. Some people were able to get it done during the beta by sending their player ID to support and asking them to link them.

I imagine someone could find a way to get to the player ID in the settings to allow you to manually put it in on Steam.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Got second place in NML. And now we have a boosted black widow event right after I levelled up my OBW and grey suit :getin:

5000 team-wide damage grey suit sniper rifles? :hellyeah:

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Ladies tourney is over. Nearly have my perfected black widow original, currently at 3/5/4. Grey widow missing two green covers and she's maxed too.

Apparently just in time, too. Widow event just started with some really lackluster rewards. IM40 or Wolverine top prizes. Personally I'll be going for #1 to sell off all the covers for hero points to pimp out my blue covers for Spider-Man. Just three to go and my maxed ultimate Rag/Spidey combo is complete!

Edit: if you're just starting the game, IM40 is a pretty good tank to build after im35. Plenty of levels to pimp out, and boosted during your usual 3 star or avenger type events. This is a great time to round out your wolverine too. If you're closer to benefit from wolverine covers, definitely go for those covers instead. Wolverine is better than Thor.

Chuds McGreedy fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Dec 30, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I figure I'll just do the new Widow PVP event till I get to 325, and then switch to a weaker team to tank my ratings since I've already got a maxed Wolverine and getting the Iron Man 40 Yellow is gonna be too much of a hassle.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Are you supposed to only be able to use Black Widow Modern? I can't use grey or original.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Karnegal posted:

Are you supposed to only be able to use Black Widow Modern? I can't use grey or original.

Depends on what location you click? It's labelled with which node allows you to use which version of Black Widow (Android version, at least).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

AN AUTHENTIC MARVEL EXPERIENCE