Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Next two are up.

I kind of liked it and all, but the second chapter is just way too short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Something might happen! END THE CHAPTER RIGHT HERE BOYS! We're calling it a day and taking a week off.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Seven Pages...

Lectim
Jan 2, 2010

FiftySeven posted:

Seven Pages...

Seven pages AND an announcement that there's no new chapter next week.
Just when we're starting to see Ippo actually fighting too.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I especially like that the entire chapter was:

"Hey I think after having several fights exactly like this, I finally know how to dod-"

*Ippo gets punched in the face*

*The author needs to stop here to figure out what happens next*

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010
Really? A seven page chapter?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

New chapter up. This one's even longer than seven pages!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
At least this one at least a had a proper chapter finish and didn't end in mid of a drat punch. :v:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Ignoring the usual glacial pace, I'm actually really enjoying this fight.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

KTFO.

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 12, 2013

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Vorg is the best :allears:

I take it this is from the new anime season?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

FutureCop posted:

Vorg is the best :allears:

I take it this is from the new anime season?

Yeah. He came back and it was bro-time :3:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Good to see the jet punches haven't left the animation. :v:

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

No one ever did make a thread for the new anime, did they?

If anyone cares, it's up to Episode 11 as of this week. They just started Ippo vs Sawamura.

For those who don't know the name of the show even, it's Hajime no Ippo: Rising. :v:

Kweh
Jul 20, 2006

ROYAL
STRAIGHT
FLUSH

Mr. Deathy posted:

No one ever did make a thread for the new anime, did they?

If anyone cares, it's up to Episode 11 as of this week. They just started Ippo vs Sawamura.

For those who don't know the name of the show even, it's Hajime no Ippo: Rising. :v:

I want to watch it really bad but I still need to wait for my group of friends who watched the previous seasons with me. No man gets left behind but since we all have conflicting schedules...

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Kweh posted:

I want to watch it really bad but I still need to wait for my group of friends who watched the previous seasons with me. No man gets left behind but since we all have conflicting schedules...

Skype calls and private streams are usually how my group gets together to watch stuff.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Guess we're all burned out still from the stretch of crappy fights in the manga (until recently), but the anime did a great job with the Sawamura fight. If only all the fights were paced so well.

Episode 1: Ippo rocks cuz he is the Champion
Episode 2: ohshit someone countered Ippo's painfully obvious tactics and techniques
Episode 3: Ippo gets his poo poo pushed in, will we have a new Champion tonight folks?
Episode 4: Cue theme music and come-from-behind KO, start training for next title defense :v:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage posted:

Guess we're all burned out still from the stretch of crappy fights in the manga (until recently), but the anime did a great job with the Sawamura fight. If only all the fights were paced so well.

Episode 1: Ippo rocks cuz he is the Champion
Episode 2: ohshit someone countered Ippo's painfully obvious tactics and techniques
Episode 3: Ippo gets his poo poo pushed in, will we have a new Champion tonight folks?
Episode 4: Cue theme music and come-from-behind KO, start training for next title defense :v:

Last episode was all :unsmith: all the time.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Title fights incoming.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

Title fights incoming.

What's Miyata's next OPBF fight in the anime? I'm pretty sure its far too early to be the Randy Boy Jr.fight. Just some random dude?

Also, they cut out the best part of the end of the fishing feud arc No Takamuras Allowed

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 20, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Centzon Totochtin posted:

What's Miyata's next OPBF fight in the anime? I'm pretty sure its far too early to be the Randy Boy Jr.fight. Just some random dude?

Also, they cut out the best part of the end of the fishing feud arc No Takamuras Allowed

Beats me, probably some random guy.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012

I think it's just some random guy that the old champ's coach picks up so he can study Miyata.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Soooo... Season 3 has been EXCELLENT so far, but why aren't we all pissing and moaning that they appear to have skipped the incredibly awesome kamagowa flashback arc?

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Because they'd already skipped where it was meant to be in the story as of last series, so it could literally fall anywhere in this series and will probably be towards the end.

It was confirmed to be coming, so it's all good.

quote:

Also, they cut out the best part of the end of the fishing feud arc [spoiler]No Takamuras Allowed

Not happened yet = cut? :confused:

Mr. Deathy fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 20, 2014

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Mr. Deathy posted:

Not happened yet = cut? :confused:

I don't know, it would be awkward to have an entire fishing episode and then have the ending gag at the start of the next episode. They've been skipping a lot of the non-boxing/training stuff this season, like Shimabukuro meeting Ippo outside of the ring and complaining about the Tokyo Bay ocean being dirty and creeping out Ippo's mom because "she smells like the ocean". I think there was also more Team Aoki shenanigans that got cut.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I don't know, it would be awkward to have an entire fishing episode and then have the ending gag at the start of the next episode. They've been skipping a lot of the non-boxing/training stuff this season, like Shimabukuro meeting Ippo outside of the ring and complaining about the Tokyo Bay ocean being dirty and creeping out Ippo's mom because "she smells like the ocean". I think there was also more Team Aoki shenanigans that got cut.

That stuff kinda bugs me too, but mostly because I sat through and read all thousandish chapters of the manga. For someone just watching the anime it works.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

It'd make a hell of a lot less sense to end an episode on a cliffhanger and then just jump to something else.

On cutting/skipping though, I will say Episode 15 is pretty bold. This is how it was constructed.

None of 509
All of 510
5 pages from 511
None of 512
11 pages from 513
All of 514
7 pages from 515
6 pages from 516
None of 517-519
4 pages from 520

I think some of the material will just be moved into next episode and this done to keep the focus on the training camp, but I was like whoaaa :v:

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
I see the thread title but I been :f5: manga stream and theres been no chapter for like 3-4 weeks.
Am I missing something?

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
The raws are out there, I'm guessing the team working on Ippo is having some issues.

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
Thanks, I am now reading uncleaned pages just like when I would visit a 7-11 on Wednesdays.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Episode 16 of Rising is pretty great build up and a classic Ippo laugh riot. Love this show.

Looks like they're skipping the entire eyesight subplot. Tbh I'm not really sure what the point of it was in the manga so I suppose it's not the biggest loss

Mr. Deathy fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 26, 2014

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Must not have been that big a deal because I don't even remember it. Was there a detached retina scare or something?

As far as the manga goes, I remember these next fights from Aoki and Kimura weren't all that hot, nor their eventual rematches. In fact besides Kimura VS Mashiba and Aoki's title attempt I can't remember any of their fights being worth watching/reading. Still pumped for Eagle, it wasn't as good as Hawk (but then what is) but still a high point in the manga as we descend into the truly crap phase of Ippo's until-recently-endless title defenses.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage posted:

Must not have been that big a deal because I don't even remember it. Was there a detached retina scare or something?

As far as the manga goes, I remember these next fights from Aoki and Kimura weren't all that hot, nor their eventual rematches. In fact besides Kimura VS Mashiba and Aoki's title attempt I can't remember any of their fights being worth watching/reading. Still pumped for Eagle, it wasn't as good as Hawk (but then what is) but still a high point in the manga as we descend into the truly crap phase of Ippo's until-recently-endless title defenses.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

In my opinion, Ippo's next fight (Karasawa) owns and I can not wait to see it animated. After that though, I agree, descent into shitsville.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I can't imagine anything matching the Hawk arc. It's legitimately outstanding.

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
Sawamura vs Mashiba is really good too.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Frabba posted:

In my opinion, Ippo's next fight (Karasawa) owns and I can not wait to see it animated. After that though, I agree, descent into shitsville.

that is about the last good one. Isn't the one after that loving Gedo, the first major Ippo garbage fest?

tbp posted:

I can't imagine anything matching the Hawk arc. It's legitimately outstanding.

I'm super excited for Eagle just because the Hawk fight in the second season really didn't live up to the manga, and Season 3 has been executed so much better than the second season as a whole.

Takes No Damage posted:

IIRC it was a detached retina thing. They mentioned the fly in the room in the anime but nobody seemed to notice. It's fine if they don't dick around since it was just a fake out anyway.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

DamnGlitch posted:

IIRC it was a detached retina thing. They mentioned the fly in the room in the anime but nobody seemed to notice. It's fine if they don't dick around since it was just a fake out anyway.

I always felt like it was less a fake out then a backtrack on Jyoji's part, like he originally planed on turning Takamura into a tragic story but decided/was advised against it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frabba
May 30, 2008

DamnGlitch posted:

that is about the last good one. Isn't the one after that loving Gedo, the first major Ippo garbage fest?

Apparently not, after Karasawa is the southpaw veteran guy, Keiichi, then the dude Miyata beat in the Philipines (Scratch "I think I see Jesus" J), and then Gedo.

Honestly I don't remember any of those fights being particularly good, except for maybe the Scratch J fight in a couple places.