Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

I read a book about cats, then I read a book about aids

sounds like a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

I read a book about cats, then I read a book about aids

You should've combined the two and found a book about FIV. :v:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
dote up a cat

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
So what are you all doing for New Years Eve. I hope it's good so I can live vicariously through you because mine is depressing.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I'm reading another book about a Victorian prostitute . It's pretty good, there's a character with glowing skin from working with phosphorous in a match factory.

This morning my boyfriend made French toast while I pestered him by badly singing a Tony Bennett song. It was nice, the toast was good, and now I'm in the mood to watch Goodfellas.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Crow Jane posted:

I'm reading another book about a Victorian prostitute . It's pretty good, there's a character with glowing skin from working with phosphorous in a match factory.

This morning my boyfriend made French toast while I pestered him by badly singing a Tony Bennett song. It was nice, the toast was good, and now I'm in the mood to watch Goodfellas.

Title and author please that sounds good.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The Dress Lodger, by Sheri Holman. It's quite good so far, the author seems to have done her research.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Sabel posted:

So what are you all doing for New Years Eve. I hope it's good so I can live vicariously through you because mine is depressing.

working. i don't give much of a poo poo about new year's, and i likes me some time and a half.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Tjadeth posted:

The only video games I play are Pokemon because I am a stereotype.

I caught an Eevee yesterday! What say you, Ladies' Thread--Vaporeon so I can use Surf, Espeon because it's an adorable psychic kitty and therefore my usual Eeveelution, or Sylveon for the ribbon-festooned dragon-slayer?

Vaporeon and Leafeon are my personal favourites, but Sylveon is up there too.

You get given a Lapras for Surf, so if you like Lapras (and you should), then turn Eeveelutions into Espeon or Sylveon.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

vaguely posted:

Eevees are crazy easy to catch in XY, just catch a bunch of em and have them all!

also Sylveon is the best

I forgot that I also really like Glaceon, consider one of those when you can make that eeveelution work
but seriously catch a herd of Eevees and eevolve them all at your leisure

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Less videogame chat, more book chat. Or puppy chat or whatever you've got.

Crow Jane posted:

The Dress Lodger, by Sheri Holman. It's quite good so far, the author seems to have done her research.

LingcodKilla posted:

Title and author please that sounds good.
Sounds like you would also like Sarah Waters!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
It's a kids book but leviathan by Scott Westerfield was fun and quick

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

Less videogame chat, more book chat. Or puppy chat or whatever you've got.

Sounds like you would also like Sarah Waters!

I've read Fingersmith and The Little Stranger, both were decent reads. I've heard Tipping the Velvet is great, been meaning to pick up a copy

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
I've been re-reading a lot of the early Gothic novels and they're hilariously campy, it's like early 19th-century Anne Rice. Looking like a weirdo snickering at Vathek in the hipster cafe

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Worldcon in London this year is awarding a Retro Hugo for 1939, and some people are trying to make sure that women sci-fi writers are receiving equal consideration by publicising and discussing their eligible works.

I fully support this, especially because I discovered the greatest title of all time, a short story called 'Satan's Slave-Girdle' by Greye La Spina.

Satan's Slave-Girdle is the greatest name for anything really.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
I want to learn to play an instrument and start an all-female punk band just so I can use that title

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

pussy riot already has the best name

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

I want to learn to play an instrument and start an all-female punk band just so I can use that title
I'll join. You have my balalaika

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Crow Jane posted:

I was all set to buy the .mobi of this and then I saw "baby born with its heart outside of its body. How... often is that mentioned, how graphic, etc? Too much of anything that could be labelled 'sick kid(s)' and I feel like I just marathoned those Sarah MaLachan commercials for ten hours straight.

Since we're on bookchat, I re-read William Gibson's second trilogy, now I'm working my way through the Sprawl trilogy again. Getting more time to read, lately, which owns.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

pussy riot already has the best name

Pussy Disturbance

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Fabulist posted:

I was all set to buy the .mobi of this and then I saw "baby born with its heart outside of its body. How... often is that mentioned, how graphic, etc? Too much of anything that could be labelled 'sick kid(s)' and I feel like I just marathoned those Sarah MaLachan commercials for ten hours straight.

Since we're on bookchat, I re-read William Gibson's second trilogy, now I'm working my way through the Sprawl trilogy again. Getting more time to read, lately, which owns.

I'm not too far into the book, but medicine and anatomy already play a pretty big part. It's written in a funny, somewhat satirical pseudo-Dickensian style, so some of the descriptions are a bit lurid. Nothing too graphic so far, but if you're squeamish I might stay away

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Crow Jane posted:

I'm not too far into the book, but medicine and anatomy already play a pretty big part. It's written in a funny, somewhat satirical pseudo-Dickensian style, so some of the descriptions are a bit lurid. Nothing too graphic so far, but if you're squeamish I might stay away

Thank you. Still totally undecided, as I want to read the book, but also don't want to accidentally get the sads.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Fabulist posted:

Pussy Disturbance

Occupy Pussy

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Pussy Barfight

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pussy Model United Nations

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pussy Typhoon

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
Pussy Kerfuffle

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pussy Tussle

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
Pussy Imbroglio

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pussy Fracas

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
So are we brainstorming the name for our Pussy Riot cover band

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Pussy It's burst into flames! Get this, Charlie; get this, Charlie! It's fire... and it's crashing! It's crashing terrible! Oh, my! Get out of the way, please! It's burning and bursting into flames and the... and it's falling on the mooring mast. And all the folks agree that this is terrible; this is the worst of the worst catastrophes in the world. [indecipherable] its flames... Crashing, oh! Four- or five-hundred feet into the sky and it... it's a terrific crash, ladies and gentlemen. It's smoke, and it's in flames now; and the frame is crashing to the ground, not quite to the mooring mast. Oh, the humanity! And all the passengers screaming around here. I told you; it—I can't even talk to people, their friends are on there! Ah! It's... it... it's a... ah! I... I can't talk, ladies and gentlemen. Honest: it's just laying there, mass of smoking wreckage. Ah! And everybody can hardly breathe and talk and the screaming. I... I... I'm sorry. Honest: I... I can hardly breathe. I... I'm going to step inside, where I cannot see it. Charlie, that's terrible. Ah, ah... I can't. Listen, folks; I... I'm gonna have to stop for a minute because I've lost my voice. This is the worst thing I've ever witnessed.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Sabel posted:

Pussy It's burst into flames! Get this, Charlie; get this, Charlie! It's fire... and it's crashing! It's crashing terrible! Oh, my! Get out of the way, please! It's burning and bursting into flames and the... and it's falling on the mooring mast. And all the folks agree that this is terrible; this is the worst of the worst catastrophes in the world. [indecipherable] its flames... Crashing, oh! Four- or five-hundred feet into the sky and it... it's a terrific crash, ladies and gentlemen. It's smoke, and it's in flames now; and the frame is crashing to the ground, not quite to the mooring mast. Oh, the humanity! And all the passengers screaming around here. I told you; it—I can't even talk to people, their friends are on there! Ah! It's... it... it's a... ah! I... I can't talk, ladies and gentlemen. Honest: it's just laying there, mass of smoking wreckage. Ah! And everybody can hardly breathe and talk and the screaming. I... I... I'm sorry. Honest: I... I can hardly breathe. I... I'm going to step inside, where I cannot see it. Charlie, that's terrible. Ah, ah... I can't. Listen, folks; I... I'm gonna have to stop for a minute because I've lost my voice. This is the worst thing I've ever witnessed.

Gonna be hard to fit all this on a t-shirt, but I think we have a winner

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Pussy Brouhaha

edit: I don't miss the days when one of the main forms of international travel involved enormous vaginae that could burst into flames with a single spark.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
How the hell is a dirigible anything but phallic?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
the uterus is phallic too

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Pussy Fisticuffs

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Pussy Upset

PS: just had my niece over for the weekend. Yesterday we went to the museums and I felt bad that she cried 3 times (she's 8) but one of those was cookie-related so maybe her threshold is low. I also kicked her rear end in Dutch Blitz, although she beat me at chess and the Catan card game (which is pretty good to teach people Catan) soooo.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

killstealing posted:

the uterus is phallic too