Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

comes along bort posted:

you don't know what you're missing

they're supposed to give great head, but so does a lot of attractive girls so I don't see the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Bolek posted:

that dude pink floyd played one of those and then it caught on

i thought paul mccartney was responsible for that

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

saganite posted:

they're supposed to give great head, but so does a lot of attractive girls so I don't see the point

oh it's so much more than that my friend

Rhopunzel posted:

i thought paul mccartney was responsible for that

wasn't he in queen? or am i thinking of system of a down

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

comes along bort posted:

oh it's so much more than that my friend

wasn't he in queen? or am i thinking of system of a down

dunce he's the guy from Smashimg Pumpkins

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Odinsgrace posted:

I actually see this bass all the time. Its really popular for some awful reason.

When I was 16, my music teacher had one of them hanging up and he couldn't get it to sell.

Eight years later, I went back for lessons again, and it's still there in the same spot.

e: Every time I go into his shop it just looks at me in shame. I kinda want to try it out but I'm afraid I'll like it.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

:(

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

uhghghhghghhghghhggg

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Kiryuin Satsuki
Mar 1, 2011

A misanthrope posted:

uhghghhghghhghghhggg

ikr how good is that poo poo

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

it's too funny to call it ugly

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ZombieParts posted:

it's too funny to call it ugly

yeah you're wrong

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

A misanthrope posted:

yeah you're wrong

if i saw someone take the stage with that i would laugh until i died of a weird combination of starvation, dehydration, sleep deprivation, and rock hard abs (from laughing u see)

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
I made this one and sold it, for money.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

man thats gross posted:

if i saw someone take the stage with that i would laugh until i died of a weird combination of starvation, dehydration, sleep deprivation, and rock hard abs (from laughing u see)

ew you suck

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

why are you being such a

you know what i cant think of the right word but you're being a total dick

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

man thats gross posted:

why are you being such a

you know what i cant think of the right word but you're being a total dick

sorry i wsa bullied in high school and so act aggressively toward others in anonymous exchanges

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

jk im awesome

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
two great gifs that gif great together 5/5

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
also strap locks son that shits is worth weight in gold

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

man thats gross posted:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

man thats gross posted:

:respek:

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

clownskull posted:

I never played one but it looks retarded to me:

Danelectro Longhorn Bass

I have and they sound and feel like they're made of balsa wood.

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

Anime is a disease.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Mineaiki posted:

Anime is a disease.

word

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

Mineaiki posted:

Anime is a disease.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
How the hell did we get so far into this thread with no mention of George Lynch of the band Dokken?

I mean, this guitar is so ugly that it gives that woman from Medium nightmares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JDveKxl7Ohs#t=171

Also that image just reminded me of a guy I played with in '88 who painted his cheap rear end, pawn shop, Charvel guitar the same as the 2nd from the left. That was the worst band I ever played in. He insisted on cranking his Marshall double stack all the way to 10 and was never in tune. "I'm tuned to myself!" he'd always say. Also his wife would page as soon as he showed up for practice and then he's have to leave because they were supposed to go a a cousin's birthday party or some poo poo.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 30, 2013

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

cool blue i think you're a pretty rad dude but this poo poo is kinda hurtful bro ok

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
They are right though, Les Pauls are kind of stupid.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
that's really lovely bookmatching for what that dumb thing costs

plus it's probably got serious neck warp issues knowing gibson's quality control

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
Les Pauls are like those all white tennis shoes that have tons of support that old people and middle age married men who live to impress no one wear, except no one flaunts those tennis shoes like they are cool.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I don't know. I've never personally owned a Les Paul because it's not my style, but I respect it. The design stood the test of time, so you have to give it that.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

axolotl farmer posted:

that black acoustic with the white buttprint is pretty ugly
Yes, and it's a real shame, too. That's a 1938 Martin Orchestra Model. Sometime in the 60's my Dad got the bight idea, as a favor for his Dad who owned it, to have it refinished, have the bridge shaved down (rather than have the neck reset, which would have preserved the tone and improved the value), and had those huge country pickguards put on it. The thing would be worth double what it is today if he'd left it original and just fixed the neck. He regrets it now, but to have it restored at this point would be super-expensive.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

those huge country pickguards mudflaps

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I am a bad guitar player and I bought this recently:http://www.rondomusic.com/CETIP90bk.html Tell me experts, how ugly is this guitar?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
My girl's got 'em!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Hobohemian posted:

I am a bad guitar player and I bought this recently:http://www.rondomusic.com/CETIP90bk.html Tell me experts, how ugly is this guitar?

cheap guitars are largely exempt because they're not pretending to be anything other than cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

comes along bort posted:

that's really lovely bookmatching for what that dumb thing costs

plus it's probably got serious neck warp issues knowing gibson's quality control

I've repaired a fair few Gibsons and the quality control is horrible. I've seen at least 4 guitars worth over £1000 that have fret issues (I have no idea how they put the frets in, but they weren't flat and it looked like they never had any levelling done, the fret buzz was insane), plastic nuts on £600 guitars, super-thick varnish and the inevitable head-stock issues.

Hobohemian posted:

I don't know. I've never personally owned a Les Paul because it's not my style, but I respect it. The design stood the test of time, so you have to give it that.

It's bascially a 1930's jazz guitar shrunk down and made solid. There is not enough wood behind the peghead so they tend to rip themselves apart when dropped. Also, the top pickup is in the wrong place on the 22fret models which is why they always sound so muddy (in fairness this is a problem with most 22 fret guitars), it's also got a glued-in neck which is great if you want a warm sound, but horrible if you want anything else (try playing a country song on a les-paul if you want a laugh).

• Locked thread