Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I remember in :siren: BASIC :siren: how my-now-forcibly-discharged MTI went on about how the AF is the brightest because our minimum was a 38. Meanwhile the guy bunked next to me was easily the biggest idiot I've ever met in my life. Doesn't say much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I don't know how they score the test now, but when I took mine I swear the result sheet had a different score for each branch.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mad Dragon posted:

I don't know how they score the test now, but when I took mine I swear the result sheet had a different score for each branch.
I believe some weight the test differently. My roommate from tech school had a score in the low 40s except for electronics which by some strange fluke he managed to get a low 70s score in. He wasn't actually good at electronics at all. He wasn't in for more than a year, nobody seems to know what actually happened but I'd be willing to believe anything. Last time I heard his parents kicked him out and he was homeless.

The air force turns sooooooo many people away, we only take the best.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

If you remember your asvab score then you have the saddest life possible.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

shyduck posted:

I remember in :siren: BASIC :siren: how my-now-forcibly-discharged MTI went on about how the AF is the brightest because our minimum was a 38. Meanwhile the guy bunked next to me was easily the biggest idiot I've ever met in my life. Doesn't say much.

Just because the minimum is 38, don't mean the people that score 38 are of any appreciable intelligence.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

hi, 96 here, only remember because my recruiter bought me a beer since I was the only one of 8 he sent that passed (three on their second tries, at that) and the only one of age

the dude he sent off to bmt with me washed out in the third week

A little backstory
Apr 24, 2004

Let's call her Elizabeth, because that's her name.

GD_American posted:

Wasn't a 31 the cutoff for "too stupid to enlist anywhere"?

31 was the lowest score that didn't require a waiver. The lowest score that you could enlist with, under any circumstances, was either 8 or 9. I forget which.

I do know that scores below a 31 required different kinds of waivers in different categories, i.e. 30-25 required a statement from the recruiting NCOIC, 24-20 required letters from high school teachers, 19-16 something more drastic, etc. Down lower it was broken down into single point categories, like a 12 required one thing and an 11 required another. They got progressively more serious. The lowest score you could have and still enlist, if I recall, required personal approval by SecDef or the chief of staff or something equally ridiculous like that. I don't remember the specifics. This is all circa '08 or '09.

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Remembering your AFQT score is easy. If you remember your line scores, you are a weiner.

A little backstory fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 25, 2013

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
99 practice ASVAB, fuckers. :collaradjust:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Godholio posted:

99 practice ASVAB, fuckers. :collaradjust:

100 :colbertsmug:

Seriously, some of this poo poo is grade school level. I'd ask how the hell you could perform poorly on it, but I've been reading these threads for years, so...

hosha
Dec 19, 2013
I was in the army for 13 years starting in 1997. 88mi we drive the army's trucks, we have several hundred people that were given waiver's for test scores to get in serving in this MOS.

In Alaska we had a guy take a knife. Stick it on his leg and whoops! Its was in his leg and blood is running all over his gortex pants. 5 stiches later all good. Cpl. hall.

PFC Williams decided to take an ULU Knife and cut her leg open while drunk. ULU Knives are made to cut whale blubber off bone. 18 stiches.

The water guys burned down the water tank PLS rack because no one was watching the bullet heater on top of the hay meant to insulate it.

Then I move to fort Campbell into (541st) a bulk fuel trans unit (5000 gal tankers) and met PFC white. After several demotions of the same rank was chaptered out of the military shorty before the Tyson fight in Nashville or Memphis of that year. He and a friend no longer having income robbed a store to pay for tickets. He was chased by the Clarksville police in a lengthy chase in which one of the officers cars over turned and the two officers died from a car fire while upside down. He is still in jail.

Iraq 1st deployment same unit: Upon reaching a staging area every night our PLT sgt would collect everyone's ammo so his rear end in a top hat self wouldn't get shot by us. My LT was crying so hard he couldn't talk on the radio during a fire fight. Same LT got us lost out the dirt way from al asad air base and we had to call air support which sent a apache to help us find our way. I had to medevac a guard guy that was riding his ring mount for his 50 cal like a horse and was thrown from the 55mph 5ton when it spun out of control in Bagdad.

Iraq second deployment same unit: Seen a guy get his rear end beat for dumping water that had built up in a poncho strung over the ring mount hole in his truck all over the guy in that seat. Someone thought it was a good idea to eat everything in a MRE at one time all mixed together. This makes you puke. Same guy stuck the hot of his smoke up his nose and it stuck up there. Someone else had to pull it out as he had gone stock still. Got a flat tire on a trailer full of fuel and was told to drag it to taji which was one mile away. The trailer started on fire because of the hot rim and blocked south gate for an entire day. Got my rear end beat for throwing my mask into the truck window right on the gunners nuts...lol.
Almost died due to liquid shits and this story deserves its own post and will get it.

Got divorced, moved to bragg, jumped out of planes and went back to Iraq. My first time gunner was so happy with his first kill he was asking if I saw it instead of shooting the rest of them. poo poo was plinking off the drat armor. I remember singing xmas carols as I turned down route pluto in bagdad and saw the tracer's going both ways across the road. I kept singing as I drove and promptly had to go see mental health at the fob we were going to.

I got attached to some arty unit which had only been to afgan. Since I had been there before I pulled scout (lead truck) in a set (cep?) team. Was mostly fun until aug 22 when a hole was ripped in my door by an EFP and took my leg with it. My LT at the time was a little bitch and screamed. I was directing traffic and poo poo until they pulled me out because I thought I couldn't move my legs because they were broke...um no not really. Rather a hole was torn out of my rear end and my hip and had paralyzed me so I didn't feel poo poo. I remember them saying where the gently caress is it gonna land as the medevac bird blades beat in the wind and I was carried over what I thought was most of Iraq and finally placed on the bird. I passed out shortly after landing a woke up in walter reed several months later to find my left leg gone, a feeding tube in my belly and three or four tubes tubes into my kidneys to keep them from shutting down. One year and a half later the docs having done a bang up job I was issued a wheelchair and sent to the WTB. Which is where I met the worst of the worst of the US militaries NCO corp's.

So the WTB is the warrior transition brigade at walter reed medical center. It is made up of all the wounded troops put into platoons and companies with leadership pulled from the US army in a strange fashion which almost guarantee's that leadership to be hosed the hell up. Now I am a SSG (E-6) and therefore only go to formation once a week and my rehab appt's. Other than that they don't want to see me. But those NCO's were turd's. All of them. The drat SGM of the battalion was relieved for wearing decorations he didn't earn! wtf? My squad leader who didn't like being told he was wrong all the time by me made fun of the made retarded by to many explosions next to there heads troops. He made fun of the motorcycle accident female for being paralyzed and pissing on the van seat as they took her to a VA somewhere. Turd's. All of them turd's. They yell at people for being late to formation when they don't know who they are, where they are or wtf is going on any more. Its so bad that the army actually pays a family member 2 grand a month to move into a motel room and follow these guys around so they don't wander into traffic. And the NCO's expect them to act like soldier's. LOL. Just make sure they don't die and get med boarded so they can retire was the job of a NCO at the WTB. They hosed it up everyday. They got so sick of me telling them how hosed up they were that they put me on leave...for 189 days and I was told to leave post until I can come back for final out. Med boards take forever and my therapy was done. So they told me to get lost in a nice way. "we are putting you on leave until you can final out and your not to be here until then" So I came back to final out and at finaice found out that I had to sell back 123 days of leave. They didn't even do the drat leave paperwork to charge me any days. So I got my DD214 that said I had been to Afghanistan for 3 years instead of Iraq, my purple heart and bronze star with that little "v" and off I went into retirement. My DD214 still says that. I don't don't give a drat. Same benefits and I wasn't staying there a week for them to fix it.

My asvab scores? really? that was 15 or 16 years ago....pppffftttt

hosha fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Dec 25, 2013

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Sorry about your leg. Merry Christmas.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Those were some fun stories about idiots until you lost your leg. Sorry dude.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

:stare:

You're a hard motherfucker hosha, goddamn.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

hosha posted:

My first time gunner was so happy with his first kill he was asking if I saw it instead of shooting the rest of them. poo poo was plinking off the drat armor.

The nerd in me really hopes you said, "Don't get cocky, kid!"

quote:

I got attached to some arty unit which had only been to afgan. Since I had been there before I pulled scout (lead truck) in a set (cep?) team. Was mostly fun until aug 22 when a hole was ripped in my door by an EFP and took my leg with it. My LT at the time was a little bitch and screamed. I was directing traffic and poo poo until they pulled me out because I thought I couldn't move my legs because they were broke...um no not really. Rather a hole was torn out of my rear end and my hip and had paralyzed me so I didn't feel poo poo. I remember them saying where the gently caress is it gonna land as the medevac bird blades beat in the wind and I was carried over what I thought was most of Iraq and finally placed on the bird. I passed out shortly after landing a woke up in walter reed several months later to find my left leg gone, a feeding tube in my belly and three or four tubes tubes into my kidneys to keep them from shutting down. One year and a half later the docs having done a bang up job I was issued a wheelchair and sent to the WTB. Which is where I met the worst of the worst of the US militaries NCO corp's.

Sorry that happened to you, Hosha. You're one of the few that deserves a legit "Thanks for your service." Stories like yours are also the reason I'm note quite ready to leave the military.

quote:

So the WTB is the warrior transition brigade at walter reed medical center. It is made up of all the wounded troops put into platoons and companies with leadership pulled from the US army in a strange fashion which almost guarantee's that leadership to be hosed the hell up. Now I am a SSG (E-6) and therefore only go to formation once a week and my rehab appt's. Other than that they don't want to see me. But those NCO's were turd's. All of them. The drat SGM of the battalion was relieved for wearing decorations he didn't earn! wtf? My squad leader who didn't like being told he was wrong all the time by me made fun of the made retarded by to many explosions next to there heads troops. He made fun of the motorcycle accident female for being paralyzed and pissing on the van seat as they took her to a VA somewhere. Turd's. All of them turd's. They yell at people for being late to formation when they don't know who they are, where they are or wtf is going on any more. Its so bad that the army actually pays a family member 2 grand a month to move into a motel room and follow these guys around so they don't wander into traffic. And the NCO's expect them to act like soldier's. LOL. Just make sure they don't die and get med boarded so they can retire was the job of a NCO at the WTB. They hosed it up everyday. They got so sick of me telling them how hosed up they were that they put me on leave...for 189 days and I was told to leave post until I can come back for final out. Med boards take forever and my therapy was done. So they told me to get lost in a nice way. "we are putting you on leave until you can final out and your not to be here until then" So I came back to final out and at finaice found out that I had to sell back 123 days of leave. They didn't even do the drat leave paperwork to charge me any days. So I got my DD214 that said I had been to Afghanistan for 3 years instead of Iraq, my purple heart and bronze star with that little "v" and off I went into retirement. My DD214 still says that. I don't don't give a drat. Same benefits and I wasn't staying there a week for them to fix it.

Every story I hear about the Army's WTUs is appalling.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 31, 2017

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

hosha posted:

Turd's. All of them turd's.

Amen to that. I was in a Navy medical holding unit for about a year between 99-00. For the most part, the NCOs were E5-6's who were in the process of getting boarded out themselves, this includes those getting out for mental disorders... It was hilarious and sad watching one of those getting boarded for depression get chewed out by the senior chief over the unit because he decided to take everyone on an impromptu walking field trip to the nearby train station across the main highway running through the base with a chain of 25 cripples in crutches and wheelchairs.

cult_hero fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 25, 2013

hosha
Dec 19, 2013

50 Foot Ant posted:

I... got nothing, man. It was all funny until that one point.

Hope you're doing good now.

Yup I am fine now. I got one of those trac chairs. Its like a little tank. It goes anywhere a tank can go. I use it to shoot and hunt hog/deer in west texas. So all good. Thanks the rest of you. To much egg nog last night so you got that not so funny story.

Also FMTV's have that hand hold to get in them next to the seat. When we went to Kuwait we found all our trucks and tankers in a big yard and I was given the job of checking serials to make sure we had them all. So I would get in the truck and check the number. X it off and jump out. Well on one of these I manage to get my weapon barrel stuck in the hand hold while turning to jump out. The weapon being slung across my back it actually managed to stick in the handle when I jumped and stick out at a perfect horizontal position and the sling went up to my neck and began stealing my air. I couldn't breathe. I was freaking out so drat bad I was just hanging there dieing and trying to get my feet on something. Then the same gunner I later would nail in the nuts with my mask saw me and ran down and picked up my legs and I un slung the weapon and got out. I never again slung my weapon across my back.

I was the LT's driver for awhile the first deployment after the first one was fired for being stupid. He lost his weapon on a convoy because it bounced out of the hummv. So I got the job for about 8 months or so. He was scared to death and always complained that the army didn't use his degree in molecular biology or some poo poo. He thought he was going to be a weapons dude or something, like chemical weapons...I don't know. He would cry when we get shot at, get lost on new routes until I got my own GPS mailed to me (thanks MOM) LOL. This guy would at least once a week clear his rifle by shooting into the barrel at FOB's we went to. I don't know how he didn't get fired. And then one day I got a malaria type disease that gave me unannounced liquid shits for the better part of a month. So we drove into the camp north of tikrit on the left. We cleared weapons, showed ID's and started rolling to BN to turn in the AAR or whatever officers did there. Half way there I get bubbles in my gut. I see a porta john in the middle of a field of dirt way off the road. I jump the ditch and floor it trying like hell to make it. The LT is all WTF and wide eye'd lol. I come to a screaming halt next to the john and drop pants on the way in. I get it all out just to find no paper. At all. LT couldn't find anything out there. So I took off my brown T and ripped it into strips and used it. So I went to BN without a T shirt under my DCU top and the SGM of BN saw I didn't have one. I told him what happened. He just turned and left without a word.

So my bubble guts comes and goes and the medic's don't know whats wrong. So another platoon needs a gun truck driver on my PLT's down day. So I go. We leave tikrit on our way to anaconda a few hours south. I am the lead gun truck. So all is well until about three miles from the FOB where you have to make a left turn onto the road that leads into south gate. Bubbles..oh god it hurt. So I pull over right way and jump out and proceed to fire hose liquid poo poo out of my already blistered rear end. This had been happening for weeks and by now hurts. SO I am also screaming when it comes out and rivers of this stuff pools around my boots and gets on my DCU pants. At this time a look up to find 12 or so Iraq kids just staring at me. They are playing in one of the irrigation hoses that fill a ditch right there with what looks like clean water. So I run over and jump in that pool to wash the poo poo off. While I am doing this the last truck in the convoy pulls over with the last gun truck to recover my "broken" truck. At which time they don't find a driver and run around front to talk to the TC in the pass seat. One of them slips in liquid nasty and falls right in it. SO into the water pit he goes too. My gunner and TC didn't talk to me at the bag farm, or the staging point, or all the way back to tikrit. I never went on another mission with that platoon for some reason.

Dumbest poo poo I have ever seen a forklift driver do. Go up a grade with a conex hooked at and angle and rolls the lift down the hill. He was fine.

Dumbest poo poo I even saw a driver do. We had LHS systems at bragg. I had 17 of them and took lead on all the missions. Cause I liked them. One of my new drivers drove a LHS out the gate and ripped all the clearance lights off one side. Had dented the gas tank, ripped off a mirror and got the other sides marker lights on the way back in to tell me. He was given a non driving job until we deployed. I don't know if he drove there because I was given to arty cep teams dudes.

Dumbest poo poo at the range was a guy launch a paint 203 round strait up in the air...it came down ten feet from us. That btw can kill a dude.

Dumbest poo poo in the field before the war was people getting caught loving in fox holes....yo dudes! everyone has night vision!

Had a guy I refused to promote and help study for the board and was called a racist for it. I found 30 piss bottles under his bed in Iraq and he never washed his windows on his truck. He did get promoted and when I moved to bragg he showed at reception a week after me with sgt stripes. He had pissed hot for cocaine and was getting chaptered out. I smiled.

Had a joe come into the tent at BIAP fall down drunk. He had been promoted to PFC that week. The NCO that caught him asked where he got the drink from and he told him. Proof of this was that NCO getting a DUI at anaconda the following week. IN IRAQ WTF? This is the guy who called me a racist. I smiled a lot those days...

hosha fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 25, 2013

hosha
Dec 19, 2013

cult_hero posted:

Amen to that. I was in a Navy medical holding unit for about a year between 99-00. For the most part, the NCOs were E5-6's who were in the process of getting boarded out themselves, this includes those getting out for mental disorders... It was hilarious and sad watching one of those getting boarded for depression get chewed out by the senior chief over the unit because he decided to take everyone on an impromptu walking field trip to the nearby train station across the main highway running through the base with a chain of 25 cripples in crutches and wheelchairs.

And folks think the services are all that different. Jeez.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 31, 2017

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Probably a little below the belt but no one does funny like people fresh off the boat. First guy was from I think Kenya or there about and he was so excited about meeting the ASVAB minimum to be an Army cook. So we're all sitting down for dinner at the MEPS hotel and he's looking at the menu like it was blowing his mind until he finally asks "what is this thing called soup on the food book?". Yeah we had to explain to him the basic premiss behind soup.

Second guy was from the somewhere between India and Pakistan and was coming in as translator for the Air Force. Dude had like five carry on bags crammed into the bulkhead seat I shared with him which was apparently everything he owned. He kept going on about how great the US and the USAF were and how this was such a huge boost in his quality of life so I couldn't hate on the guy to much. Funny part comes in when we walked down the final hallway and make that last turn to come face to face with an MTI and you're standing there freaked out and all you can hear is this guys rolly backpack click clacking on the tile. Well he finally turns the corner himself and the MTI looks like he's going to lose the poo poo on our ethnic friend but the guy just goes "hello is this where we check in for the Air Force?" With a huge rear end smile on his face. MTI croaks out "you a translator?" and be answers in the affirmative. Dude gets told to go through some door and is never seen again.

Anyone else got stories about our foreign born comrades?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The very Asian kid in my basic training flight would jerk off at night and cry immediately afterwards. I know this because he was top bunk. It was awful.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
In boot camp (yes, a boot camp story) we were always told to line up 'nut to butt' and in a coed division this wasn't always unpleasant. We had a girl from Sudan or somewhere around there roll back into our divison and get made the AROC (the person who shouts cadence when you march) and whenever we started lining up or she noticed a girl leaning back a little too obviously she would start this screaming hissy fit about 'males respecting the females' in her thick accent.

In nuke school we had a Russian national; Lord knows how he got there but he sailed through his clearance check faster than most everyone else. The guy sounded like loving Boris from Rocky and Bullwinkle and loved to goosestep around shouting 'I AM RUSSIAN SPY' and laughing.

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012
We had a guy like that who worked intell, except he call himself Russian for his lovely jokes and would then flip the gently caress out because, "I'm Ukraine you gently caress."

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

holocaust bloopers posted:

The very Asian kid in my basic training flight would jerk off at night and cry immediately afterwards. I know this because he was top bunk. It was awful.

I'll straight up admit I jerked it in basic but I only did it once during like the end of 7th week and I didn't cry after. One of the chicks from our sister flight had randomly walked up to me and hugged me right in the middle of the stairwell and started going on about "Cenen you're so cuuuute". It's all I could think about all day so that night I was like gently caress it and did the deed. Pretty sure fire watch flashed a flashlight on me and I still managed to shoot the gigantic load that I had built up.

In my experience though some pretty funny/scarey poo poo gets said during SAPR. SARC, whatever the gently caress they call it meetings. I know a couple years ago they had EVERYONE go to some in person training and I remember some guy in our group unironicly used the phrase "ho's gonna be ho's" and was confused when told that was not appropriate. Even better was when I was deployed and someone in our flight raped another person in our flight and we had to have SAPR briefing and what was supposed to be a quick 30 minute "being labeled a rapist sucks" brief turns into an hour something abortion of sketchy questions.

"Like what if she says no but then gets really drunk and you know she wants your D is it ok to do it then" and generally on and on like that. The meeting ends with the SAPR lady yelling at us about how none of us have probably never actually gotten consent befor and how we should all just avoid women. Best part was our squadron commander had slipped in the back to sit in on the briefing and when we all walked out he was just sitting there with this mixture of confusion and disgust on his face.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Our basic platoon had an understanding that if one of the late shift fire watch is in the bathroom, don't go in.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Pudgygiant posted:

Our basic platoon had an understanding that if one of the late shift fire watch is in the bathroom, don't go in.

same deal, it was "hey dude, i gotta go take a poo poo"

they werent taking a poo poo

:cumpolice:

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
This Korean guy during my basic came in after a few months in Lackland to learn English so he had a good PT score and wasn't a total gently caress up, plus our SDS went to Lackland too so all the drill sergeants liked him. I think he realized that because he just started to not care after week 4. At one point he had to go to medical because he was having bowel problems and he literally just shitted on floor at the clinic and walked out. The drill sergeants took his side during shitgate and if they tried to ask him details about what happened at the clinic, he would play the "me no speak English good" card and get out of it. He was a clever bastard.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Saw this on my Facebook feed today, this guy is a pretty huge idiot.

http://guardianofvalor.com/michael-lattea-founder-ruck-warriors-lies-service-commits-fraud/

tldr, ex-military guy with a history of fraud, theft, and bad credit lies about his service record to people with actual military connections to bolster the image of his "charity". Hilarity ensues.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Cenen posted:

we should all just avoid women
Good advice for most goons.

Nerato
Oct 17, 2008

Pudgygiant posted:

Saw this on my Facebook feed today, this guy is a pretty huge idiot.

http://guardianofvalor.com/michael-lattea-founder-ruck-warriors-lies-service-commits-fraud/

tldr, ex-military guy with a history of fraud, theft, and bad credit lies about his service record to people with actual military connections to bolster the image of his "charity". Hilarity ensues.

This sort of thing is just sad and disheartening. Not every service member is a patriot with a heart of gold, and anybody who's served knows the truth of that more closely than anybody else could, but with that being said there are still good people in the service. It's disgusting to see people take advantage of the graces people are willing to show us because, for whatever reason, we chose to serve in the military.

scavok
Feb 22, 2005
I kind of did my 5 years in my own bubble, but I'll try to remember what I can.

We had an extremely awkward but generally quiet airman in our shop. He was pretty disgruntled from the outset, as most of us were as we spent 6 months in training and got an assignment completely unrelated to the 6 month school. He volunteered for a 365, answered to the affirmative when asked if he ever wanted to hurt himself or others during the pre-deployment psych eval. Obviously got canned for the deployment, but it set in motion everything else. Antipsychotics, antidepressants, multiple mental health appointments, ended up going to some mental hospital for a few weeks in Pensacola. While going through the med board process, he would ask extremely odd and inappropriate questions to the commander during all-calls, and during SARC discussions he would purposely make it as awkward and creepy as possible. He actually wasn't an idiot/depressed/psychotic at all, he just played the role for nearly a year to get medboarded so he could go to school, although he admitted he thought it would only take a few months.

E-7 with over 20 years was about 3 weeks from retirement popped positive for coke. Demoted to E-4 and mopped floors and mowed grass for 4 months while the UCMJ proceeded. He was able to retire though, which takes the highest rank obtained, so I guess he got pretty lucky.

Another E-7 ran the gate drunk as hell, wearing nothing but boxers, and proceeded to some house in base housing where he thought his wife was sleeping with someone.

12 airmen mobilizing a trailer couldn't get it lined up. It was raining, cold, and past our normal duty day, so they used an ~8 foot 4x4 with 4 people hanging off the end to try to get leverage to move a bolt in place, rather than loosening the other bolts. Sheared the corner of the trailer off, making it impossible to mobilize. Pretty much trashed the FTX it was being mobilized for, and because it couldn't be towed, it had to be lifted on a crane, put on a flatbed trailer, and sent to the depot for repairs. Can't imagine the total cost of that one.

I'll need to ask some friends to remind me of a few other characters.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

scavok posted:

E-7 with over 20 years was about 3 weeks from retirement popped positive for coke. Demoted to E-4 and mopped floors and mowed grass for 4 months while the UCMJ proceeded. He was able to retire though, which takes the highest rank obtained, so I guess he got pretty lucky.

My first Chief PO got hit for weed in pretty much the exact same way. He was transferred off our ship in Japan with about two months to go, and by the time I met him again in San Diego only 5 weeks later he had popped on the piss test and they knocked him all the way down to E3 and booted him out on a dishonorable. Felt sorry for him as he was the only Chief I had in my time in who actually mentored us, unlike the rest who counted on us all getting Stockholm syndrome after the 4th week of no liberty and working until 2000 every night.

Nyyen fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 31, 2013

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

We had a couple of coners get busted for coke in the middle of a deployment (in South America, of all places :ironicat:). Both of them would have gotten out on honorable discharges if they had waited a month or two.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Is it cool to post stories my brother has told me?

Any way, he was telling me about their pre-deployment for Afghan briefings. One day they had a psych come in to talk to them about your natural reactions to combat and what to expect if you're taken prisoner by the assorted grab bag of scumbags in Afghanistan. They got on to the subject that Australian soldiers could potentially be raped if taken prisoner and that it was a completely normal reaction for an otherwise straight man to get an erection should that occur.

One dude pops up his hand and completely straight faced asks "is it normal for you to get an erection if you're just watching them rape one of your mates?"

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Well don't leave us hanging! What's the answer?

movax
Aug 30, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Is it cool to post stories my brother has told me?

Any way, he was telling me about their pre-deployment for Afghan briefings. One day they had a psych come in to talk to them about your natural reactions to combat and what to expect if you're taken prisoner by the assorted grab bag of scumbags in Afghanistan. They got on to the subject that Australian soldiers could potentially be raped if taken prisoner and that it was a completely normal reaction for an otherwise straight man to get an erection should that occur.

One dude pops up his hand and completely straight faced asks "is it normal for you to get an erection if you're just watching them rape one of your mates?"

Kinda want to overlay this over the first briefing scene from Top Gun.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

So only Australian soldiers are at risk of getting raped? It must be those juicy accents, oi oi oi.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

too right

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
Even the Taliban can appreciate-

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Goddamn, Facebook has been full of gems lately.

quote:

Please let me know. Who complains o f my wife s being green card wife. Whoever u r tht is what we both. Wish. So. Message me with me with. Ur BS.

You are a stupid, horrifically out of shape, junior enlisted, she's a gorgeous eastern European who married you a week before your tour in Germany ended. Yeah bud, I'm sure it's legitimate.