Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Forced lvl 18 Spiderman against 204 Hulk is painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Shadowstar posted:

One of my housemates is the lead designer on this game. We were just chatting about it for a bit after dinner. If anybody has any big questions or good feedback I'd be willing to pass it along to him.

As others have said - respecs or removing covers. Also is Rags 2 red ever going to see some attention?

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
When they say points reset so you can do a stage again, do you have to beat ALL the stages until they are checkmarked before it'll reset?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
This Black Widow tournament is great. Sure, I only have Modern black widow, but that's OK. The AI doesn't know how to handle a five turn stun, and I can bring down teams that are 20 levels higher than me without losing too many resources. I'm aiming for that sweet, sweet prize of three Wolverine Covers.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Biggest Jerk posted:

When they say points reset so you can do a stage again, do you have to beat ALL the stages until they are checkmarked before it'll reset?
No, it's just time-based.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Shadowstar posted:

One of my housemates is the lead designer on this game. We were just chatting about it for a bit after dinner. If anybody has any big questions or good feedback I'd be willing to pass it along to him.

I'm kind of curious how they feel about the current state of PVP events and how the whole losing points thing works out. The way it is currently, everything comes down to the last couple of minutes for multiple day events and it's entirely possible to lose out of the top prizes for no fault of your own when you're losing ~200 points in the time it takes to earn 15. A lot of us have adapted strategies for this but I'm curious if they are happy with the events playing out in this way.

As a suggestion, they really need to rotate in a new theme for lightning rounds because those are getting stale and a lot of people are maxing out the same three star characters from them.

And as a compliment, I really like how they are playing around events ending at different times of day as it really takes into consideration that there are a variety of schedules that people have for playing.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Is the Lightning Round broken for anyone else? Hood has appeared, but it's dark and can't be clicked.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Same here, yep.

zamin
Jan 9, 2004

Largepotato posted:

Is the Lightning Round broken for anyone else? Hood has appeared, but it's dark and can't be clicked.

It was like that for awhile and then it vanished about 15 minutes ago.

edit: And now it just reappeared with Doom in a half hour.

zamin fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 31, 2013

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

And the Doom round is doing the same thing.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
4 Powered Up tokens, 3 Wolverines and a Cap.
Then I drew a blue Spider-Man from a Standard token.
Okay!?

I'll never get close again to that Punisher cover but at least the 500 ISO prizes are helping me bring Wolverine to 85.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Well it looks like Lightning Rounds have just disappeared entirely. :v:

Guess I won't be doing anything in the game today.

zamin
Jan 9, 2004

Jibo posted:

Well it looks like Lightning Rounds have just disappeared entirely. :v:

Guess I won't be doing anything in the game today.

The (presumably) free Hulk cover should be coming up shortly, seeing as the counter's just over 47M.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

zamin posted:

The (presumably) free Hulk cover should be coming up shortly, seeing as the counter's just over 47M.

Yep, he's landed. Go get your free Hulks, everyone.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If you grabbed Hulk when things reset and were weird for a bit at the beginning you don't get a third. This is a shame.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Can you get anything other than Thunderous Clap at this point? That's all I've ever seen.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Can you get anything other than Thunderous Clap at this point? That's all I've ever seen.

Depending on placement in the main event, you could get a Red and a Black as well. And I think the Gamma Bomb Tokens would probably have a chance of those two as well.

Anyway, got to 250 in the tournament, got the Widow Token, Modern. Ho ho ho.

e: and I just realised now her cover has a big old gun on it. :aaa: I guess I missed that all the time because I was too busy mashing the sell button.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Shadowstar posted:

It would be really helpful if there were some way, in-game, to see what characters can be affected by the faction boosts (X-Men, Avengers, Mutants, etc).

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Got my sixth Punisher cover. All six have been red. (Which REALLY sucks because I've been leveling him, and now he jumps in front for black and green matches when I don't want him to, but he has no corresponding skill yet.)

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Widow tournament is heating up. I'm still holding onto my 3 cover wolverine place, but man it's getting tough. I accidentally leveled Widow too high, so for a while she was jumping in front of Iron Man and that was costing me the odd match. Strange gameplay mechanic, that.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Did the reward structure change? Didn't is used to be top 2-5 and then 6-10? Iron man is gonna be a bitch to get out of this event, especially since it ends in the morning.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
Okay, seriously, is it a known thing that Ragnarok flat out cheats? Because he is using moves every drat round after I'm manually checking to see that the AI team does not have enough colors to do them.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

OK Octopus posted:

Okay, seriously, is it a known thing that Ragnarok flat out cheats? Because he is using moves every drat round after I'm manually checking to see that the AI team does not have enough colors to do them.

Is their an NPC that generates green on his team?

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Yeah, like if he's on a team with 2 snipers, they can generate 2 green each per turn I think, and it doesn't update until after their turn has finished, so you never actually see it on his bar. By that time he's already hammered you twice, and it's gone already.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
It's Puzzle Quest. Of COURSE the computer cheats. The CPU opened a match against me today that gave them 3 turns with multiple critical hits each.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Veryslightlymad posted:

It's Puzzle Quest. Of COURSE the computer cheats. The CPU opened a match against me today that gave them 3 turns with multiple critical hits each.

It's MUCH easier to design an AI that doesn't cheat than one that does. You're just perception bias-ing the times it gets lucky.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I think it's just that it can make the proper calculations so fast. It cheats by virtue of being a computer and being able to spot patterns instantly that my stupid meat-brain needs a few seconds to scan.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Veryslightlymad posted:

I think it's just that it can make the proper calculations so fast. It cheats by virtue of being a computer and being able to spot patterns instantly that my stupid meat-brain needs a few seconds to scan.

As far as I can tell the AI does not look any moves ahead, it just looks for the highest damage with its first match (with some sort of weight on environment stuff). That's why if you have an L of tiles it goes for the 4-match instead of two 3s getting a crit tile and an extra turn.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not really. As far as I've seen the computer is quite dumb about making matches and it'll go for the first high value one it sees. i.e. it'll always make a 4 match over a better 3 match, and 5 matches no matter what, then preference by team colors. It doesnt take into account collapses, it definitely doesnt take into account double matches and only makes them by chance. Blame the RNG.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

Is anyone else completely unmotivated to go through the Hulk event again, since there's absolutely no chance of getting that 50000 point Punisher cover? I know it doesn't make logical sense, but I just can't make myself bother doing a battle that only gives me 6 points the first time, let alone doing it dozens of times.

I'm not completely unmotivated, but I'm definitely playing it more casually. My Hulk is already 4/1/1 so as long as I'm top 1500 I'm ok with the hulk covers + daily gamma tokens.

I kinda want to max Hulk's black though due to how ridiculous he gets with green regen in the higher level mission.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Shadowstar posted:

Please communicate how the event points will work/scale in-game.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

iRend posted:

Yeah, like if he's on a team with 2 snipers, they can generate 2 green each per turn I think, and it doesn't update until after their turn has finished, so you never actually see it on his bar. By that time he's already hammered you twice, and it's gone already.
The hammer is red :itjb:

I've had Ragnarok drop every single hammer tile in a straight line against me before.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MPQ asked to log into facebook again. It never does this! I absentmindedly hit okay.... FUUUUUCK

Now my phone's progress is screwed but my ipad is still okay.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Is there a way to unlink the account with Facebook on your device?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No. I've ticketed support. uuuuuugh.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Fighting the urge to drop 1250 on Grey Widow once I accumulate another 200. Granted, my perception of GW is skewed right now where level 5 Sniper Rifle would do 4000-5000 to everybody, but she and Rags are a nasty combo even in normal times.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
I got near-immediate responses from support for unlinking my facebook account. You need to supply them with your facebook ID number and your PVP name.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yes, but you did not message them on New Years Day, I'm betting.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

delfin posted:

Fighting the urge to drop 1250 on Grey Widow once I accumulate another 200. Granted, my perception of GW is skewed right now where level 5 Sniper Rifle would do 4000-5000 to everybody, but she and Rags are a nasty combo even in normal times.

Do it. Ragnarok/GW combo is hilarious, especially with boosts so you can open (and instantly close :v:) the game with a multi-shot. With a decent Spidey (which I don't have :/) they'd form the OP-est team of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
As a suggestion for the lead designer, please give us an option to toggle special effects severity. I'm tired of having my eyes blasted every time I throw out Thor's red ability