Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Pukestain Pal posted:

corn doesn't sound awful...but mayo?
Ranch is a standard condiment pizza places offer and it's basically mayo with seasoning and buttermilk mixed in. I guess I could see it as long as the pizza toppings/flavoring were appropriate and it wasn't just plopped on in globs.

Though I say this as someone who never puts ranch sauce on my pizza in the first place.

Edit: Well, this is no way to start a new page.

yook has a new favorite as of 09:26 on Jan 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Fathis Munk posted:

Why doesn't this image ever stop being hypnotically funny ?

I wonder if those are the pants he wears regularly or if he got them on just for the picture.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Pile of Kittens posted:

I was extremely pleased when they came out with the term "aioli" to make hipsters eat more mayo.

Aioli is not mayonnaise. :colbert:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

On a recent episode of the Giant Bombcast one of the guys was relaying a story about how when he was in Japan they tried to order a pizza and had the hardest time trying to convince the pizza place that they didn't want mayo on it.

This isn't the stdh.txt thread. :colbert:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:3:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fathis Munk posted:

Why doesn't this image ever stop being hypnotically funny ?

The dude has 'roid acne on his 'roid acne.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Phlegmish posted:

I don't get this one.

A minibus, from what I believe is Essen, driving on the Nürburgring with a child as a passenger.

E: Dammit! Didn't see the replies on the last page :(

Kidney Stone has a new favorite as of 13:02 on Jan 2, 2014

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Looking at this picture again, I suspect that he has the mummified body of his dead mother lying in state on the couch to his right, where he has a little shrine set up.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

beato posted:

Aioli is not mayonnaise. :colbert:

It's eggs and oil. It's mayo.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

On of the greatest photos of all time. I'm sure a lot of it is magical because I don't understand all of the -European- that is happening in that photo. Still though, why is there a rug on the wall? What's that weird couch/bed thing, and why is it so thin? The Acne. The Pants. The Wallpaper. The Pose.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Rug on the wall is to keep the heat in during a cold Russian winter.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Baldbeard posted:

On of the greatest photos of all time. I'm sure a lot of it is magical because I don't understand all of the -European- that is happening in that photo. Still though, why is there a rug on the wall? What's that weird couch/bed thing, and why is it so thin? The Acne. The Pants. The Wallpaper. The Pose.

Is this how Americans picture Europe :confused: I haven't spent a lot of time in eastern Europe but I can assure you that there is nothing inherently western European in this picture and that it's just as baffling to us.

Captain Trips posted:

You forgot the garlic that is literally the whole point of aioli. That's even where the name comes from. :colbert:

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

You forgot the garlic that is literally the whole point of aioli. That's even where the name comes from. :colbert:

Sorry, it's garlic mayo.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Captain Trips posted:

What about hollandaise :science:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Can we just spIn off a "derails from funny pics go here" thread?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KoRMaK posted:

Can we just spIn off a "derails from funny pics go here" thread?

We can just relax and deal. Pics are easy to see, just scroll until you see the next one. It takes 2 seconds.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

I don't know where the discussion was, but it was just had. Basically most every 'sauce' is some combination of (or it's base consists of)eggs, oil, tomato paste, and/or relish.

Tartar sauce? Eggs, oil, relish.
Mayo? Eggs, oil.
Special/Burger/Bic-Mac/House sauce? Eggs, oil, relish, tomato paste.
Even honey mustard sauce starts with mayo.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Here have a picture:

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

Baldbeard posted:

I don't know where the discussion was, but it was just had. Basically most every 'sauce' is some combination of (or it's base consists of)eggs, oil, tomato paste, and/or relish.

Big Mac sauce is just Thousand Island Dressing.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Ragequit posted:

Here have a picture:

I was gonna play football
But then I got high

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Baldbeard posted:

Mayo? Eggs, oil.

That's a pretty narrow definition of sauces though.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Mu Zeta posted:

Italians also fold their pizzas sometimes. But they are even lazier than Americans and don't bother to cut it.

Hey they invented it, they can do whatever the gently caress they want with it. This incidentally is the only way I would eat those cheap-assed $1 Totino's pizzas. Fold them over a couple times and pretend it's a budget calzone.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gotta start them early.

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Baldbeard posted:

Mayo? Eggs, oil.

Most classic sauces start with some kind of stock and roux.

Bechemel, Veloute, Espangole, and many of their derived sauces all only have a little fat, (clarified butter, not oil) and nothing else on your list, you Philistine.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Choco1980 posted:

I love how they wear matching bowlers all the time :3:

Don't they wear those bowlers, not only because it's awesome to do so, but also as one/both of them are in a current production of Waiting for Godot?

Ragequit posted:

Here have a picture:

Na na na na na na!

Rids!
Aug 20, 2006

picture this if you will...
Funny Pictures XIII: Just kidding, talk about food.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

A "visually similar images" search is an absolute goldmine.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Baldbeard posted:

Mayo? Eggs, oil.

The "eggs/oil" being a foundation of many sauces is because it's basically one of the five mother sauces of French cuisine (technically a Hollandaise sauce uses clarified butter rather than oil). Once you have mayonnaise (or hollandaise) as a base, you can add things to make a bunch of different sauces. French cuisine has exerted massive influence over western cuisine in general, so many sauces we are familiar with are derivatives of, or variations on, the five mother sauces. This is by no means true of "all" sauces though - just many classic Western European sauces.

E: Enough food chat, have a picture.

For those who don't follow American Football, John Elway has been retired for nearly 15 years.

Not My Leg has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Jan 2, 2014

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Price on request

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Captain Trips posted:

Big Mac sauce is just Thousand Island Dressing.

As much as I hate to continue the food derail, this at least originally wasn't true. My mom worked at McD's when the Big Mac was introduced, and they had to make the sauce at the time on-site. The recipe was literally mix half a tub of mayo and half a tub of thousand island, then let the tub sit out for a week. :cry:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Choco1980 posted:

As much as I hate to continue the food derail, this at least originally wasn't true. My mom worked at McD's when the Big Mac was introduced, and they had to make the sauce at the time on-site. The recipe was literally mix half a tub of mayo and half a tub of thousand island, then let the tub sit out for a week. :cry:

Bullshit. It's thousand island with extra pickle bits and pretty much always has been.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Is that Waka Flocka Flame?

Hydrogenated
Apr 9, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

When I worked at McDonald's in high school, the container said "Thousand Islands Dressing" and had the McDonald's logo beside it. That was probably around 7 years ago I think. We dispensed it in something similar to a caulking gun, with the dressing in similar cartridge things. Might be different now though.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

Bullshit. It's thousand island with extra pickle bits and pretty much always has been.

Isn't that Russian dressing?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Very well could be, the Big Mac isn't exactly a feat of engineering.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Dewgy posted:

Thousand island dressing is already loaded with mayo. McDs is noticeably thicker than regular thousand island, so it makes sense.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It literally says on wiki what the special sauce is, with a recipe video from mcdonalds.

quote:

In 2012, McDonald's admitted that the special sauce ingredients were "not really a secret" because the recipe had been available online "for years". It consists of store-bought mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish and yellow mustard whisked together with vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcu4Bj3xEyI&t=35s

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Some people want funny pictures, some wanna talk about food. I say, why not funny food pics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

Some people want funny pictures, some wanna talk about food. I say, why not funny food pics?

• Locked thread