Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wuat
Jul 12, 2009
More stgggs dayz vids :getin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1xY_5Ck5Zs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It was kind of funny the first time, but how many times do they do this Jay Owen thing? It's getting kind of bland now.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

It was kind of funny the first time, but how many times do they do this Jay Owen thing? It's getting kind of bland now.

Until it strikes fear into the heart of every twitch streamer

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

In Space Station 13 you could attack someone with a pill from medbay and if they weren't expecting it and on the goddamn ball with the resist action, in half a second they would contract symptoms of epilepsy, fall down, black out, the chat would auto-slur their words, and there's no cure. They're hosed for the rest of the game. I thought it was hilarious but oh god did people get mad. They had plans. Plans that did not involve pissing themselves and flopping around like a fish.

Probably plans to build a galaxy destroying plasma bomb. That game was nothing but griefing.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I don't like how he doesn't give any leeway. That guy was willing to play along at the start but no, cancrush cancrush cancrush, it's dull when no-one plays along at all.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
The delivery wasn't as funny either. The excited voice shouting "Crush a can for Jay Owen!" made me laugh more than the unenthused "hey, crush a can for jay Owen, he has leukemia. Sorry man, need a can."

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The reaction of the dude at 3:15 is basically art.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

God bless Jay Owen.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Cojawfee posted:

I think you might be in the wrong thread. This is the thread for making nerds angry over video games.

SealHammer fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 1, 2014

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So does it count if the developers grief you for being a shitlord with no decent ethics? Or for at least not thinking things through when looting in a zombie apocalypse? Because if so I have a story. Cross posted from the 7 Days to Die thread.

quote:

So as mentioned, goons discovered a real church and promptly busted out the shovels to see if the graves actually had coffins beneath them. Turns out they do, and turns out they're lootable. So goons being goons, shovels were passed out to everyone and a grave robbing spree began.

It also turns out that apparently the zombies sometimes like to spawn from the coffins at night. So grave robbing has consequences. :stonk:

Making things worse, the coffins were just deep enough underground so that if you fell in you were trapped in one until you could dig your way out. Meaning not only could you be trapped in a pit at night while zombies swarmed you when fleeing back inside, but sometimes you were trapped in a pit in very close proximity to an annoyed zombie.

So one intrepid goon took the glass panes I made and plated over the graves. This had the effect of letting players look inside to see the zombie trapped inside futilely wriggling around, effectively creating a "blinged out graveyard" full of corpses for viewing potential. :v:

Steam didn't save screenshots of it so i'll see if I can get some zombie banging on the glass as he wakes up.

I love the karmic way doing that came back to bite us in the rear end. Every night there was a fair chance you'd hear someone scream about falling into a grave due to it being so dark, and getting ripped apart by zombies. Sometimes it'd be pubbies, who would rage quit or promptly try and hack the coffins apart with a fireaxe in a fit of pique after losing their max condition gun. So at least some progress was made. :v:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 1, 2014

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Archonex posted:

So does it count if the developers grief you for being a shitlord with no decent ethics? Or for at least not thinking things through when looting in a zombie apocalypse? Because if so I have a story. Cross posted from the 7 Days to Die thread.

I love the karmic way doing that came back to bite us in the rear end. Every night there was a fair chance you'd hear someone scream about falling into a grave and getting ripped apart by zombies. Sometimes it'd be pubbies, who would rage quit or promptly try and hack the coffins apart with a fireaxe in a fit of pique after losing their max condition gun. So at least some progress was made. :v:

This game seems fun and its 33% off for the next 8 hours on steam.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

awesmoe posted:

This game seems fun and its 33% off for the next 8 hours on steam.

There's also a second sale (That appears to be stacking on top of the first one.) until January 2nd. Meaning it's even cheaper today due to the flash sale. So now's a good time to pick it up if you're interested.

It's also been topping the sales charts on Steam, despite Rust being cheaper. I noticed it slowly climbing their list of best sellers this past week. It basically has everything Rust has and then some, sans the (somewhat lovely) sleeping mechanic and nudity. So i'm not surprised that people are starting to get into the thing.

Mostly i'm impressed that it's only version 5 of an alpha and has this much content to it. It's ridiculous how much fun the game is when it comes to emergent dickery. The end game plans for development leading up to 1.0 are batshit crazy too. We're talking post apocalyptic cyborg raiders being a thing apparently to give an idea of it. The thing sounds like it's going to be an insane mix of Minecraft, DayZ, Fallout, and the Cataclysm Roguelike when it's done. Heck, it's already on the way there already.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 1, 2014

Veinless
Sep 11, 2008

Smells like motivation
I'm only seeing it at 33% off - $23.44. How do you get the stacked discount?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Veinless posted:

I'm only seeing it at 33% off - $23.44. How do you get the stacked discount?

That is the stacked discount. It's on sale for $29.99 until January 2nd, and there's another flash sale stacked on top of that for the next 8 hours that lowers that price to $23.44.

That's probably as low as it's going to get for awhile. Someone mentioned in the thread for the game that the buy-in during the Kickstarter phase was like $25. So it makes sense that it won't get reduced in price beyond that until they hit beta.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Ha I recognize two of the streamers. Cream is an overall rear end in a top hat on dayz and it's entertaining to watch him "teach" dayz noobs the street life. He recently had a highlight of two guys handcuffing his char and stealing his blood in dayz sa.

Towelie is a really popular streamer who is a jerk that poo poo straight talks stuff people like. Apparently it makes him really popular because people love him for it.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

My stomach is hurting from Napolean Dynamite at 3:15 in that video.

SealHammer posted:

I think you might be in the wrong thread. This is the thread for making nerds angry over video games.
To be fair the whole Jay Owen thing isn't funny at all but I can't really complain because the reactions are still funny and that's the whole point. I think it's reasonable to wish that the actual griefing itself was more interesting though.

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

"Farce... You'll always be the brony of my heart"
Samahiel, August 30 2013
I can't help but think that even if the streamer had a can and did the can crush for brave little Jay the guy still would have shot him anyway.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Moronic Farce posted:

I can't help but think that even if the streamer had a can and did the can crush for brave little Jay the guy still would have shot him anyway.

http://www.twitch.tv/heroofgaming/b/490920496?t=71m0s

His reward:
http://www.twitch.tv/heroofgaming/b/490920496?t=74m25s

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The Jay Owen thing's biggest flaw, as well as most stream sniping videos, is that they're extremely boring. Barring a few freakouts, most of the time it's just a socially awkward streamer repeating "wow these trolls/hackers are such [insult]" in a monotonous voice for several minutes straight and then quitting the game or shutting down the stream.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
It makes them stop streaming and possibly get any more bullshit donations for being a shithead.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Its also boring.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

The Day Z psychopath was pretty cool.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Soulex posted:

The Day Z psychopath was pretty cool.

The Day Z psychopath was creative, he alway came up with something original and funny to say.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Avulsion posted:

The Day Z psychopath was creative, he alway came up with something original and funny to say.

"I'm going to wear your face on my face." Also, he wasn't a real threat usually, but Arma's proximity sensitive voice chat made that more magical as the faint screams became louder.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

As someone else in the thread asked: is it still "griefing" when your "victim" is laughing till they choke?

Corpus Smegma
May 18, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

As someone else in the thread asked: is it still "griefing" when your "victim" is laughing till they choke?

Did they die?

Massive_Idiot
Jun 21, 2007

Receiving data bursts, everything to do with it.

It takes about 3 bored but determined guys to find these streamers and lockdown on their location though. loving with streamers takes effort.

Massive_Idiot fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 11, 2014

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

That guy at 3:20 made it all worth it. The other stuff was good, but that guy was the crown jewel.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Uranium 235 posted:

That guy at 3:20 made it all worth it. The other stuff was good, but that guy was the crown jewel.

The full capture is even funnier because of just the childlike wonder stoner gaze into the abyss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btcmRw_G2Tg

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Since we're talking about dayz, can someone link the video of the guy attempting negotiations while sounding joker-sequel levels of insane? That guy is amazing. I think he ended up killing them all with a pistol by himself.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

Since we're talking about dayz, can someone link the video of the guy attempting negotiations while sounding joker-sequel levels of insane? That guy is amazing. I think he ended up killing them all with a pistol by himself.

This sounds like the one you're talking about. He has the best psycho voice I've ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NO-P9tucGg

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

This sounds like the one you're talking about. He has the best psycho voice I've ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NO-P9tucGg

Yep, that's it. Honestly it scared me a bit when I first saw it, just because of how genuinely insane he sounds.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's right up there with the guy who chased some poor bastard throughout the game screaming that he'd eat his face.

Happy crazy people :allears:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

So that guy's three friends was just one guy and he died instantly? That was really entertaining.

I've warmed up to the can crush knowing that it's only being done to people who live stream.

Silverbolt
Jun 7, 2013

by T. Finninho
The best I've got involves Minecraft. There are quite a few nifty ways to grief players with those blocks. But my tale begins in xG's multimod server. I joined a town with a few of my former clan mates and they had the teleport port for their town if someone used the command to teleport/town spawn there set inside a kill box. No way to open the iron door from the inside as a redstone lever unleashed lava upon them and incinerated all of their stuff.

That isn't the end of it. We found another player's settlement in the Towny server and he hadn't properly claimed all the land for it. So we trashed the unprotected buildings and stole everything from the chests while leaving signs proclaiming his love of unprotected anal sex and telling him to better claim his poo poo lest we do it again. We didn't leave our names there and when he came on and saw the damage, he called for an admin. The admin called had been in on it and had supplied us with the materials to make a giant penis statue in the settlement as well as for one of my accomplices to leave swastikas everywhere he could. To the admin's credit, he did his job properly and the poor sot didn't suspect a thing. To top it all off, after the player (which none of us really liked too much anyway) left, the moderator of our division went into creative and then surrounded the town with bedrock so he couldn't leave. However, it was too much of a strain on the server and it caused us all to get lagged out of the server. We never got punished for it and it really pissed the guy off.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

I enjoy watching the streamer's death screen and hearing in the background "your stream loving sucks"

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's right up there with the guy who chased some poor bastard throughout the game screaming that he'd eat his face.

Happy crazy people :allears:

I'm pretty sure it's the same guy. His voice is amazing and he's got a pretty sweet mic setup that lets him yell without it clipping and sounding like poo poo.

Long story short he's one of my favourite career griefers and it shows from the fact that even his victims seem to enjoy the situations he creates. :woop:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, that dude is crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q2jn6N6LXU

There are like 8 parts of this.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

"Those legs look like their weighing you down, how about I CUT THEM OFF FOR YOU :unsmigghh:"

This guy is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Agean90 posted:

"Those legs look like their weighing you down, how about I CUT THEM OFF FOR YOU :unsmigghh:"

This guy is amazing.

I always lose it when he gets hit by the car and the scream fades off into the distance. Proximity chat should be in every game :allears:

• Locked thread