Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
You go on WTF, and you have - the host is like: "Why should I care about you?"

Then you go on the Nerdist and the host is like: "I care about you too much."

Then you come here, and the host isn't aware of what's happening at all or who the person is… And all he wants for you to do is say the words "My Wife", and jump on it.
And that's what the show is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

kidsam posted:

I thought it was more "I am the person who cares the most about you, even though I may have only heard about you five minutes ago. Also Jonah is from Hawaii."

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Censored version of the House of Lies improv show with Benny Schwa, Eugene Cordero, Lauren Lapkus etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh3zRZhwhSQ

edit: it's really good

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 31, 2013

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I totally forgot how ridiculous F&P3 was.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I remember not loving F&P3 when I first listened, but I gave it another shot a few days ago and it's pretty great. Guys, they're just having fun.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

epitasis posted:

Censored version of the House of Lies improv show with Benny Schwa, Eugene Cordero, Lauren Lapkus etc.

Holy poo poo that was great.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

epitasis posted:

Really? I like the improvisers but I figured it'd be a train wreck considering they're trying to tie it into House of Lies.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
^Has no connection other than the people on stage, it's them doing a (really good) harold.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Pietown Live was pretty great.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

tnimark posted:

I remember not loving F&P3 when I first listened, but I gave it another shot a few days ago and it's pretty great. Guys, they're just having fun.

Yeah, if you don't like it then casleave me alone.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I didn't remember F&P3 as being great but the clip in the best of cracked me up so I guess I'll have to check it out again. Also PFT's breakdown of the big 3 of podcasting was spot-on.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

epitasis posted:

It's too bad that Shameless isn't that funny itself, because I really like the cast.

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.

Greggy posted:

Also PFT's breakdown of the big 3 of podcasting was spot-on.

Around when does this happen? I listened and missed it.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

RetroHelix posted:

Around when does this happen? I listened and missed it.

It was before the Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost clip. Not sure what time that is but it's near the end.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It was this:

kidsam posted:

You go on WTF, and you have - the host is like: "Why should I care about you?"

Then you come here, and the host isn't aware of what's happening at all or who the person is… And all he wants for you to do is say the words "My Wife", and jump on it.
And that's what the show is about.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I'm trying to find a few episodes, hoping you guys can help me out with the episode #s and the times.

1. The origin of 5 4 3 nose 1
2. "Can he sing, Jeremy Piven?"
3. The title of this thread, live tweet the Beavs!

Thanks!

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

bowser posted:

I'm trying to find a few episodes, hoping you guys can help me out with the episode #s and the times.

Thanks!

#3 is from 148, the introduction of Dalton Willcox. It's from the first part where Scott and Jason Mantzoukas are chatting about film, cinema, and beavs.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bowser posted:

Thanks!
1 and 2 are actually from the same episode, though possibly different parts.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/can-he-sing-jeremy-piven/

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/dont-cry-rolling-skate-train/

543nose1 is from the WYR of part two, and Jeremy Piven is the first one.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

jyrka posted:

Can not believe people liked those trite impressions of Sean Connery and Michael Caine.

gently caress off, Blofeld.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

jyrka posted:

Can not believe people liked those trite impressions of Sean Connery and Michael Caine.
Yeah I don't care if the impressions were any good or not. They were loving funny.

I swallowed a moth.

tnimark fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 1, 2014

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void

tnimark posted:

Yeah I don't care if the impressions were any good or not. They were loving funny.

I swallowed a moth.
Also, completely missed that they switch characters halfway through. Great loving episode, don't understand how it didn't make the top 20. And, yeah, I'm with Harris on F&P3. That was a chore to listen to a second time.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Yeah, F&P and Time Bobby sequels would be voted into the top 10 no matter how bad they were.

Democracy sucks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Cramt

Slarm

Splaorg

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

Open fierce skies on me, on a bird and we experience the new death indeed.

pork minstral posted:

And, yeah, I'm with Harris on F&P3. That was a chore to listen to a second time.

That's because they cut out Chelsea's amazing wolf story.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm just going to pretend The Pepper Men won

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I'm pretty sure PFT quoted an overheard from a years-old episode of Stop Podcasting Yourself in the first best-of episode. But I've already forgotten the line and the context. Maybe I'll just relisten to it.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Help Im Alive posted:

It was probably my favourite as well. I mean, Neil's play was amazing in itself.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

SlowlyChoking posted:

I don't know if I'd call it a story. It was an impression preceded by a long prebramble.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

SlowlyChoking posted:

What wolf story? I don't remember this.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Of the whole top 10, the hardest I laughed was at Chelsea just asking Scott about what if she had murdered Kulap and then being unable to control herself.

Also where the gently caress was Mall McCartney???

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

JayMax posted:

Yeah, F&P and Time Bobby sequels would be voted into the top 10 no matter how bad they were.

Democracy sucks.

F&P3 was bottom of the top 10 worthy if not great and Time Bobby 2 was legitimately awesome, so it's not just name recognition/sequel momentum or whatever.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

TB2 had the highest "IT'S BEEN" saturation of any episode and that's why it was the best.

I like it when really funny people tell the dumbest jokes and that's why I liked F&P3.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Oh my god I forgot about the two asian girls.

The Womptacular was really amazing.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I wonder if we will ever get more in depth regarding Lissler being a man. I had completely forgotten about that part at the end.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

epitasis posted:

Also where the gently caress was Mall McCartney???

The voters could only handle one episode where Jon Daly references beautiful Glendale, CA.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
Man the line "I'd love a good Jap tea" just got me for the second time. Melissa Rauch was killing me the whole time too. Womptacular was so great.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Help Im Alive posted:

"You're thinking of Cat on a Hot Chili Pepper Roof by California Williams" was certainly the joke I laughed hardest at from the Best of clips.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Poopy Palpy posted:

"You're thinking of Cat on a Hot Chili Pepper Roof by California Williams" was certainly the joke I laughed hardest at from the Best of clips.
The best part of this is when Zach tries to get it out and you know what he's going for but he just can't do it.

But yeah, the Womptacular is the real #1 in my mind.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
God, at first I was super pumped the Best Of would be several several hours worth and I assumed it would mean a ton of Scot and Paul banter. But then the clips turn out to be almost hour long bits. Can it really be called a clip at that point?

Dumb thing to get annoyed about, but I really enjoyed last years best of but now I can be barely be bothered. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I feel the same. Somebody, please, edit out the clips.