Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That's the one! :allears:

What a beautiful woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Frostwerks posted:

Get him to write it too. Also play up the gay sex and call it The Descend-ins.

Or the Deanscendants.

ChickenSuit
Apr 2, 2002

"You know I love you back."

Hbomberguy posted:

Please spoiler tag all these movie twists. Doesn't anyone read the forum rules around here?

Sweet, let me know. My University doesn't have a local source of crazy-cool arty nerdculture posters like (some) Mondo stuff, so it would be cool if I had some info on how to give it a try.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3598862

Here you go. Feel free to ask me any questions. I've been sick so I probably wasn't crystal clear.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Darthemed posted:

Gotta strike while The Hunger Games craze is hot.

She's gonna lose that loving finger if she looses that arrow, too.

Also someone should tweet that Photoshop to Jim. He'd love it.

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist

Right back atcha!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Cool posters I've seen of late:

Poster for the rarely-seen musical version of "The Seven Samurai":

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hell yeah.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Those heads.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jake Busey can drum.

He's actually really good. I don't know what this has to do with movie posters. I've just been itching to tell someone.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150090269701724

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
He's a hell of a fiddler too.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

What the gently caress is this?

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Freeloaders, by Terry Gilliam.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The death of Dave Foley.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

A horribly done "homage" to this:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If I didn't know the premise of Uncle Buck, I'd say it's about a family that is in a lot of debt and the mob has sent a sadistic enforcer to their home with a briefcase full of weapons and torture instruments.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

The MSJ posted:

If I didn't know the premise of Uncle Buck, I'd say it's about a family that is in a lot of debt and the mob has sent a sadistic enforcer to their home with a briefcase full of weapons and torture instruments.

Or as sequel to Planes Trains and Automobiles where Del has gone nuts and is trying to absorb into Neal's family.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvkhvUzYKEI

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tagline of the year.

Also, let's play 'guess what this word cloud represents' in the teaser for Expendables 3.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 3, 2014

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Expendables needs to somehow bring back Steve Austin. He kicked the most rear end in the first movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Expendables needs to somehow bring back Steve Austin. He kicked the most rear end in the first movie.

Yeah, Austin legitimately kicks rear end as a DTV action guy and you'd never really know it from watching The Condemned.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
The Expendables posters being static shots of the stars standing around trying to look tough is at least honesty in advertising.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maarak posted:

The Expendables posters being static shots of the stars standing around trying to look tough is at least honesty in advertising.

I guess. I'd call it a kind of aggressive laziness rather than honesty though. I'm hoping Expendables 4 has those names with the actual Minutes:seconds of screen time that each has. Now that's honesty.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Tagline of the year.

The tag line for the first one was also pretty good:

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Expendables needs to stop.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

kjetting posted:

Expendables needs to stop.

Welcome to the plot of each of these films.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Tagline of the year.

Also, let's play 'guess what this word cloud represents' in the teaser for Expendables 3.

Is Kelsey Grammer anywhere on that poster? He's the only reason I'm remotely interested in Expendables 3.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I just realized that Stallone looks the third tallest because he's standing so ahead of everyone in the front of the poster.

Statham is like a half inch taller in real life but looks a foot shorter due to perspective.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Expendables 2 was ridiculously awesome in all the ways the first one should have been but failed to deliver upon. It was probably a fluke, though, and 3 will probably be as boring as 1.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Expendables 2 was ridiculously awesome in all the ways the first one should have been but failed to deliver upon. It was probably a fluke, though, and 3 will probably be as boring as 1.

The opening scene and finale of Expendables 2 were completely awesome and crazy, but the rest of it was honestly pretty dull to me. I was pumped for the third one when there were rumors of Nicolas Cage being involved, but now that that looks like it's not going to happen I doubt I'll go see it.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

JCVD made that movie enjoyable and he isn't in 3.

I really hope Snipes is a trash talking villain and we get some Demolition Man 2 action up in there. That's probably the only way I could see Expendables 3 being fun. Or maybe Mel Gibson treats the movie as his comeback and plays a total psycho.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I never saw the second one. Is Terry Crews being awesome as Terry Crews in that one as well?

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
e: Double post for some reason, I will find a poster as penance.

Here's one from some dumb sci-fi movie I watched, featuring the most-fake looking prop head in the world!

Also this is pretty funny:

Nikaer Drekin fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 3, 2014

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Erebus posted:

Those heads.

"Strong performance by a talented cast" Is that damning with faint praise?

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
It's certainly different than the typical "AMAZING!" and "THE ULTIMATE SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER" quotes. I kind of like it just for that, really.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

flashy_mcflash posted:

Tagline of the year.

Why the hell would Lutz be considered an expendable?

He's practically the definition of expendable.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Why the hell would Lutz be considered an expendable?

He's practically the definition of expendable.

It's his nephew, Kellan.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Here's one from some dumb sci-fi movie I watched, featuring the most-fake looking prop head in the world!

I can't tell if that's the fake head on the cover or Owen Wilson.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Also this is pretty funny:

Yikes. Hard to believe someone would make that and miss "ramapging."

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Came across this poster earlier today, and the image kind of lingered in my head, so I thought I'd share it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I just realized that Stallone looks the third tallest because he's standing so ahead of everyone in the front of the poster.

Not that far ahead. Mostly it's just he's been photoshopped in bigger.

Here's a bigger one:

The photoshop beanie on... whoever the second from left guy is... is hilarious, it's removed half his head.