Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

"Farce... You'll always be the brony of my heart"
Samahiel, August 30 2013
I couldn't find it anywhere so I can't link to it but Tiny Tim did an awesome Elvis impression, I heard a song he sang as Elvis on a podcast a while back and it sounded just like him. He switched back and forth from his Elvis voice to the high falsetto you hear in the DayZ video like it was nothing too I was impressed. Apparently he also wrote some songs for Elvis so pretty much everything I find on google is about that and not the actual song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Soulex posted:

Give the man some respect while you're at it.
drat skippy. I saw him live once, at a concert celebrating Dr. Demento's 25th Anniversary. Dude had PIPES. He loved doing classic turn-of-the-century music. And he died too soon.

Tiny Tim, you are not forgotten.

:patriot:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pope Guilty posted:

It's not calliope music, it's a ukelele.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCtQmwJ1WAY

This reminds me of the smiling man in space station 13.

Basically an invulnerable admin controlled psycho murderer who will sometimes show up in the most terrifying places and kill you with a knife.

God I cannot wait for the ss13 remake to come out. I love the game, but can't handle BYOND anymore.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Speaking of which, are there any rumblings on a release date for the SS13 standalone? I've wanted to play it forever but gently caress dealing with BYOND.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Magres posted:

Speaking of which, are there any rumblings on a release date for the SS13 standalone? I've wanted to play it forever but gently caress dealing with BYOND.

http://spacestation13.com/?cat=4

They're trying to get a playable alpha out as soon as they can, and they seem to be making good progress.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Odobenidae posted:

http://spacestation13.com/?cat=4

They're trying to get a playable alpha out as soon as they can, and they seem to be making good progress.

yeah sounds like they are close at least.. I've been praying for a remake on a decent engine since at least 2008 though so I can wait a little longer.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

stgggs got his youtube account closed by the people he streamsniped on Twitch. They closed it for copyright claims.

RIP Jay Owen :911:

That's what I was thinking when I saw.
\/\/

40-Degree Day fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 5, 2014

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

40-Degree Day posted:

stgggs got his youtube account closed by the people he streamsniped on Twitch. They closed it for copyright claims.

How can you copyright a video of yourself playing a videogame?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

A video game that the streamer doesn't have the rights to on top of it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Fish Fry Andy posted:

That's a whole :can: of fair use rights fuckery.

VVVV He should file claims against them for using his griefing gameplay in their streams :v:

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 5, 2014

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Unfortunately, that's on stgggs to prove his innocence. With how stupid easy the recording industry made it to get something removed and how hard they made it to get it reinstated, he has to fill out a bunch of forms to show he owns the content. The problem is he doesn't own the content, but then neither do the people who filed DMCA claims against him. He could probably file claims against them if they have videos on youtube as they don't own the content of the game either.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

You'd think that the streamers claiming copyright abuse would get in some decent trouble once Youtube catches on that that's what they did. I'd think falsely claiming copyright on something to get someone else's work taken down would at least come with a punishment of some kind.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

neogeo0823 posted:

You'd think that the streamers claiming copyright abuse would get in some decent trouble once Youtube catches on that that's what they did. I'd think falsely claiming copyright on something to get someone else's work taken down would at least come with a punishment of some kind.

Now see, that is thinking that copyright law is in any way logical.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

neogeo0823 posted:

False copyright claims are a pretty common medium of attack for angry people who don't have the wit for a proper rebuttal. The procedure for having them undone is utterly loving ridiculous. I hope stgggs follows this up because it would be a huge shame to let these idiots win.

e: this sort of thing: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/11/bloggers-wordpress-com-stand-up-to-fight-questionable-dmca-takedown-notices/

Teratrain fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 5, 2014

Massive_Idiot
Jun 21, 2007

Receiving data bursts, everything to do with it.

40-Degree Day posted:

That's what I was thinking when I saw.
\/\/

Jay Owen will be back soon enough hold your horses.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Enallyniv posted:

False copyright claims are a pretty common medium of attack for angry people who don't have the wit for a proper rebuttal. The procedure for having them undone is utterly loving ridiculous. I hope stgggs follows this up because it would be a huge shame to let these idiots win.

It hasn't been too bad ever since that creationist got in trouble for filing DMCA claims against that guy he was debating and had to make a public apology.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
They actually took action against that guy? Awesome, didn't think that would ever come to anything.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

The only outcome I can see coming from this is stgggs making a new channel and repeatedly harassing them.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
A certain other board had the idea of a kill-a-shithead-for-charity thing, where they follow around the girl that lead this whole takedown on stgggs across games and kill her/grief her for a dollar a pop or something and give it to local charities. If there's any omnipresent being out there in the universe, I think he would be down with the idea of griefing for a cause.

Massive_Idiot
Jun 21, 2007

Receiving data bursts, everything to do with it.
For the longest time I thought nobody was recording what we did in these games. I mean i know I was always hearing somebody say they would but i guess somebody actually bothered to color me surprised when even old garrysmod vids of the poo poo our group did began popping up. Dude has been holding out on the sweet vids.

Massive_Idiot fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 11, 2014

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Fun fact: knowingly submitting a DMCA report for materials of which you don't have the copyrights or represent the rightsholder is perjury, which is generally a felony. Unfortunately, people who are doing it to get dox (you have to reveal your identity when filing a counterclaim) are probably intending to break other laws anyway.

On the other hand, YouTube's terms of service don't really allow for fair use. Your best bet is to just avoid YouTube altogether and find some less popular service.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Raavyn's videos are already getting bombarded by people slamming her for filing that copyright claim. And Mendabull's account is already closed.

So it's not so bad after all.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

dpbjinc posted:

Fun fact: knowingly submitting a DMCA report for materials of which you don't have the copyrights or represent the rightsholder is perjury, which is generally a felony.

Fun fact: making a copyright claim via YouTube's reporting systems is not a DMCA notification, and thus is not done under penalty of perjury.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fun Fact: No one gives a poo poo, post griefing you spergs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7XXH_k4KNI

Busting into a random ventrillo server with a soundboard? Amusing.

Managing to have a conversation using said soundboard? Hilarious.

Daman
Oct 28, 2011
Reposting the ancient ventrilo harassment series? Priceless.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Fish Fry Andy posted:

YouTube's Content ID system is all kinds of hosed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuTHhtCyzLg

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Okay, which of y'all donated to AGDQ in Jay Owen's memory?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Did they crush a can? I bet they would if you asked.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

Did they crush a can? I bet they would if you asked.

they didnt have any

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Does it count if you're griefing someone by accident? If so, here's another 7 Days to Die story that explains why you should never attempt building projects while under fire.

Goon Town's New Billboard:

So if you've been reading the thread you know the goons have a problem with thieving pubbies logging in, abusing a relatively new spawn mechanic (that's hopefully getting patched out), and basically stealing all of our poo poo and trying to break our bases by using it. The latest base sort of averts this, but we are still getting raided by pubbies that spawn in and play normally.

So this time around we decided to build a huge loving town, Woodbury style, in the richest neighborhood on the map. This meant making a huge wall around this area to keep all the pubbies, zombies, and other undesirables that gently caress up the place out. Then we dug a trench and lined it with pungi sticks. Then we laid a loving field of land mines down just for that added gently caress you to anyone trying to steal our poo poo. Jokes were made, perhaps unwisely in retrospect, about it being Arizona's (The current map takes place there.) new anti-immigration wall given the location we chose.

So we're under attack as i'm building, as always. These guys are clever. They hit us and run to hide in the woods before the guards can retaliate. Then they watch, patiently, from the woods for an opening to strike again.

The enemy pubbies are poor while we have all the guns and loot. So they have to operate by thievery and underhanded attacks. As a result they constantly assault the place in guerilla raids with makeshift crossbows. I barely ever stop working to build new defenses and additions to the place to help goons out though, so I figured i'd make a giant billboard over the city gates advertising our presence. So I got together the metal for some metal scaffolding, then collected the metal for scrap walls so I could make a Mad Max style sign announcing that this was Goon territory now.

So I start building the scaffolding. At first, I barely get any attention from the snipers out in the woods. Mostly they try and take a few shots of opportunity at me when they think they can pull off a headshot. But i'm bouncing and crouching so much that it's just not possible, though it's making building straight a pain.

Mid way through, though, something changes. The shots become more intense. I speed up construction in retaliation. New scaffolding goes up as I duck and weave about. I have to jump off at one point from the fire and reclimb my construction to continue.

I reach the last letter and the clatter of arrows hitting the sign becomes a machine-gun patter, almost angry in percussion, though I cannot figure out why. After all, there are juicier targets of opportunity than me. I don't even have anything on me except for lovely construction materials. I finish the last few letters and dive off of the giant billboard moments before a deluge of arrows hits the thing. The N is skewed and looks awful as a result, but it still is accurate enough for someone to figure out that it's a N. I can fix it later, when it's safer.

It's only later during daylight that I discover just why they focused on me so much.

:stare:

Turns out I hosed up the G due to someone trying to headshot me, causing me to duck and put the block in wrong, which made it look like a C. So from their position in the woods, it looked like I was calling them a racist epithet in retaliation to their stealing via real-time construction efforts while under fire.

I can only imagine what they thought when they saw me, up on the scaffolding, apparently making the most flamboyantly racist "gently caress you" statement to the people raiding our settlement ever. Especially since I was going to backlight the thing with flames. No wonder they went batshit crazy and started unloading so much ammo at me. :v:

Now we're busy trying to figure out how to tear the drat thing down so that everyone doesn't think we're the most racist post-apoc hillbilly town on the map.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 6, 2014

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Archonex posted:

NOT RACIST.
I say run with it. In fact, have the de facto leader of the town be called either "Sheriff Joe" or simply "Arpaio" for the full effect. If you want to have a complete post-apocalyptic setting, you need to have a right-wing Preppers tribe.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

f

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 6, 2014

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
That dick is on the rear end.

Also, "loving goons, they always get away"

That was the 2nd Trayvon/Zimmerman reference we had on the server.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

In keeping with the Day Z psycho, I think this is the same person. It's definitely the same streamer. I really want to know who it is, and it's not Ceremor. Ceremor is good in his own right, but he's not the Day Z Psychopath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ht7CobSk8A

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTiJNskkmd0
Catapulting your teammates across the map in Battlefield 4 with a dirt bike and C4. It (probably) doesn't kill them, but it's hilarious and might upset them.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

In Super Mario 3D world, one level has platforms that can be set to move by blowing on the microphone on the Wii U pad.

My brother was playing with the pad, as the rest of us move to jump on the platform, he blows in the mic.

The rest of us fall to our deaths.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
Ahh... NSMB levels of "Co Op"... Yeah... those games make you hate your friends.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

canyoneer posted:

Catapulting your teammates across the map in Battlefield 4 with a dirt bike and C4. It (probably) doesn't kill them, but it's hilarious and might upset them.

I don't know why I'm laughing so hard but I can't stop.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction for this, it was a G-Mod (I think) video where someone was building crappy pirate ships and launching them at people or something. Right at the end of the video he launched at this player who immediately turned round and created a huge pirate ship that chased him round the map blasting "A Pirate's Life For Me" or something similar. It was posted early in the thread but I've not been able to find it.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

Bruceski posted:

Okay, which of y'all donated to AGDQ in Jay Owen's memory?

I caught that too, archived here:
http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda/b/492923053?t=6h6m50s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

canyoneer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTiJNskkmd0

That music :allears:

• Locked thread