Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

Karnegal posted:

Are they non-re[eatable like the last time?

No these are full m[ssions like the last lot. The non repeatables are the last set in 24 hours, though only some of them were? It was confusing.

Phenotype posted:

Thanks bud. Also, how do I build Hulk? 5/3/5 with red at 3? I just cracked two straight green Hulks from rewards (???) and could potentially have him at 5/0/1.

I can't see anyone using hulk Red with so many other better reds out there which DON'T do team damage, so yeah 5/3/5 imo.

iRend fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If it works like the last time, the events that just opened are the last set with repeatables. They will go for 24 hours, and then the last-12-hours set are the non-repeatables.

Phenotype posted:

Thanks bud. Also, how do I build Hulk? 5/3/5 with red at 3? I just cracked two straight green Hulks from rewards (???) and could potentially have him at 5/0/1.

5/3/5 with red at 3 is the prevailing view.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I'm also on the 5/3/5 boat. I got my punisher up to 4/2/5 and the 40% red thing is pretty sweet. I'll be interested to see how good he is when he isn't boosted, but the % damage thing seems strong.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Fuckin' A. Got home from work and cracked my gamma tokens. Hulk Green and Spidey Blue making my bagless wonder almost complete at 5/4/3. Restitution for all the drat peacemaker caps and green wolverines.

I was just about to ask about the prime hulk build since I got this green and he's already 3/0/0. That's a good point that red is already pretty much spoken for by other characters, 5/3/5 sounds good to me.

I'm excited to see what we get after our 2nd hulk event wraps up. According to the event notes on their forum this is PvE Event 2.5, with the hunt being 2.0. Considering how much we took the offensive to Osborn those two events, maybe we'll get to see him strike back as the iron patriot with Victoria Hand or whatever.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
So is it better to finish your points early? Or wait until the end to get points since this is the final repeatable part?

Rinaldi
Dec 29, 2008
Is there any consensus for builds on The Punisher? I'm sitting at 1/3/3 with a fourth green in my stash. My original plan was 5 black 5 red, but I'm not sure if leveling up the black is worth it since my attack tiles rarely get the chance to appear.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Karnegal posted:

I'm also on the 5/3/5 boat. I got my punisher up to 4/2/5 and the 40% red thing is pretty sweet. I'll be interested to see how good he is when he isn't boosted, but the % damage thing seems strong.

I've been pumping him full of ISO but I don't even know why. 8 Reds means four Thunderclaps means 20 Greens means triple-shot means game over. I guess maxing Molotov would give black APs some usefulness, but Doom seems like the better choice for that.

In other news, I finally - finally - got my first Spider-man blue cover. To put that into perspective, I've been building a second Ragnarok while Spidey remained at 0/0/3 until now.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

seravid posted:

I've been pumping him full of ISO but I don't even know why. 8 Reds means four Thunderclaps means 20 Greens means triple-shot means game over. I guess maxing Molotov would give black APs some usefulness, but Doom seems like the better choice for that.

In other news, I finally - finally - got my first Spider-man blue cover. To put that into perspective, I've been building a second Ragnarok while Spidey remained at 0/0/3 until now.

Well, if my rags wasn't 2/0 that might be an option.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

The Biggest Jerk posted:

So is it better to finish your points early? Or wait until the end to get points since this is the final repeatable part?

There will be a recharge on these two events, so my tactics are:

1) First 12 hours -- beat on them hard and early to get as many of the 500 ISO / 100 ISO / Standard rewards as possible. No one gives a poo poo about the HAMMER boosts. Once you've unlocked everything and collected your rewards and there are at least 12 hours left to go in the subevents, you can stop if you want to.

2) Second 12 hours -- timing is important. You will want to do them late, but also extract every possible point from them, so leave enough time to beat every mission 5-ish times. Get as high as possible at the end of the subevents, because the points to be gained on the non-repeatables will be pretty static.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Wait so when the events reset every 12 hours, you mean the green checked events become unchecked again?

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

NITROUS DIVISION

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Wait so when the events reset every 12 hours, you mean the green checked events become unchecked again?

No, the rewards you've unlocked stay earned, it just adds the ability to gain points again.

This is going to be a hell of a race to the finish line, I'm about to hit 60k.

zamin
Jan 9, 2004

Karnegal posted:

Well, if my rags wasn't 2/0 that might be an option.

You should always be thinking ahead. Punisher is a 3-star, and is probably gonna be a mid-top tier character for awhile. By the time something new comes around, especially if we get lightning rounds back, you could easily have some other heavy hitters maxed out, like Rag, Mag and GSBW.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Yeah, if the final chunk of time is like the first one, you're pretty much locked in after these events. I went into the final part in 4th, and didn't fall too far from there by the time the event was over. So, if you want to hit 300+ or 1500+ you'll need to be there by the end of this event. I'm pretty borderline this time around. I've been as high as top 50, but I've also been below 1500 in the past 24 hours. So, I really have no clue where I'm going to end up on this one.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

delfin posted:

There will be a recharge on these two events, so my tactics are:

1) First 12 hours -- beat on them hard and early to get as many of the 500 ISO / 100 ISO / Standard rewards as possible. No one gives a poo poo about the HAMMER boosts. Once you've unlocked everything and collected your rewards and there are at least 12 hours left to go in the subevents, you can stop if you want to.

2) Second 12 hours -- timing is important. You will want to do them late, but also extract every possible point from them, so leave enough time to beat every mission 5-ish times. Get as high as possible at the end of the subevents, because the points to be gained on the non-repeatables will be pretty static.

I did this the first time through the Hulk event and did end up in the top 300, but I wonder how much it's necessary. This time around (because grinding out another 9 day event immediately after the first one is a pain in the rear end), I've only been running through events once, near the end. In the last set I still managed to get my overall rank into the high 100s before I stopped. The rubberbanding might be strong enough that you don't have to worry about playing an event twice so long as you get in near the end. At the very least, I suspect you could make it to the 301-1500 bracket, which would be good enough for most people.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

NITROUS DIVISION
Meh, I didn't get a points reset this round at all, I started it at #1 and now i'm <#300. I wish they'd get their poo poo straight.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

All right, finished this leg in 61st! Again, can someone not too concerned with their score confirm these last 4 missions are nonrepeatable? I think the best bet is to do them as late as possible while praying that some random trick of the system doesn't screw me out of X-Force Wolverine.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
So, what's the best approach on the end here. I forget how this part pans out. There are no repeatables, right? Do they go up over time, or do you just clear them all and cross your fingers? I want into it at about 200 and am now high 200's with no missions done.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Karnegal posted:

So, what's the best approach on the end here. I forget how this part pans out. There are no repeatables, right? Do they go up over time, or do you just clear them all and cross your fingers? I want into it at about 200 and am now high 200's with no missions done.

I believe one of them was repeatable last time.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I think last time they were repeatable but only gave points once. They were affected by the rubber banding if you waited, but they went up slowly due to the lack of overall point accumulation.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
I tried the easiest mission and got points twice.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Ratatozsk posted:

I tried the easiest mission and got points twice.

Mother FUCKER.

e for content: If they don't give points more than once, you probably want to hit them near the end of the countdown for the highest possible rubberbanding multiplier. But now I don't know what the gently caress.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Mother FUCKER.

Going back and looking, no points are available for a third go. For what it's worth, I'm ~450.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm #483 and the same holds for me (easiest mission gave points twice).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat I just spent an hour fighting in NHB to work my way up to the Heroic Token. Used all my health packs and 4 of my heroes are now KOd. I reached 250 then was immediately attacked THREE times in a row. When I finally reached it and was awarded the token...

... Bag Man Spidey :negative:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
My strategy for this Hulk Event has been to just do enough to get the tokens in each subevent because gently caress I am tired of this event and I don't have the time or motivation to repeat the stages every time they reset.

I'm at like ~12000 in the main event and I'm okay with my 5/2/0 Hulk (lucky with covers in the tokens) and 0/2/2 Punisher.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Erebus posted:

I did this the first time through the Hulk event and did end up in the top 300, but I wonder how much it's necessary. This time around (because grinding out another 9 day event immediately after the first one is a pain in the rear end), I've only been running through events once, near the end. In the last set I still managed to get my overall rank into the high 100s before I stopped. The rubberbanding might be strong enough that you don't have to worry about playing an event twice so long as you get in near the end. At the very least, I suspect you could make it to the 301-1500 bracket, which would be good enough for most people.

Going through twice wasn't so much for placement as for making sure I got the 600 ISO + Standard from each mission, without worrying that one would give 20 / 20 / 20 / 20 / 20 / 20 at the end when it had stopped giving points.

I did the first final mission twice and didn't pay attention -- it may be one of those 'says it gives X points but your actual total doesn't move' things. Regardless, it gave zilch the third time.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Ratatozsk posted:

Going back and looking, no points are available for a third go. For what it's worth, I'm ~450.

Well, if you get a chance let us know if it gets points back. Also, what specific missions are repeatable? I want to accumulate as many points as possible before I hit the non-repeatables in the final hour.

zamin
Jan 9, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God drat I just spent an hour fighting in NHB to work my way up to the Heroic Token. Used all my health packs and 4 of my heroes are now KOd. I reached 250 then was immediately attacked THREE times in a row. When I finally reached it and was awarded the token...

... Bag Man Spidey :negative:

My last 3 Heroics have been loving Bag man. Although I did get a black Doom from a Standard, yesterday.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Finished all the missions except the very last one with the 240 team and sitting in the 900s, hope I can hold on and stay top 1500, difference between first and me is only 800 pts too, tight bracket.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Finished all the missions except the very last one with the 240 team and sitting in the 900s, hope I can hold on and stay top 1500, difference between first and me is only 800 pts too, tight bracket.

It's all one bracket, no?

zamin
Jan 9, 2004

Karnegal posted:

It's all one bracket, no?

No clue. Top guy here is thereck

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

zamin posted:

No clue. Top guy here is thereck

I'm in this bracket as well, 65,441 players in all.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Just rolled 20 standard covers. All 1-stars except for a single 2-star Modern Hawkeye. Goddamn.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Managed to finally beat that last loving mission, though it took me like 8 Heals and 3 All / Red & Yellow / Green & Black AP boosts to beat the loving thing. I'm at like #70 but there's a decent chance I'll be knocked out of top 150. Either way I still get my Hulks, and at least I still have more Heals than I did when I started this event.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm #483 and the same holds for me (easiest mission gave points twice).

It doesn't actually give points twice, mine said I got the points a second time but that end screen is rarely accurate and my actual point total didn't change after my second clear of the easy mission.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Voodoo posted:

Just rolled 20 standard covers. All 1-stars except for a single 2-star Modern Hawkeye. Goddamn.

Wait, standard covers can give you better than 1 star heroes? I've considered it 100 ISO for like, a week now.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

After rolling like 100 standards and not getting anything above one-star...

...just got my fourth red Rag :stare:

I think I won the lottery

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Veryslightlymad posted:

Wait, standard covers can give you better than 1 star heroes? I've considered it 100 ISO for like, a week now.
They can give you any character in the game, but the vast majority of them are 100 ISO.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

NITROUS DIVISION
I got my second blue spidey from a standard token before. Almost makes up for probably not coming in the top 300 in the hulk event.

I'm holding off until later to do the rest of the missions, i'm 500 points from first, hopefully they gain some value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

For Grey Widow the go-to build is 5-3-5, right?