Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Pick posted:

it's already cold and it's going to get WAY colder here tonight/tomorrow so I wish I could talk to animals

because there's this loving squirrel I hate who is always on my loving porch being a loving douchebag seriously this squirrel is the worst but if I could talk to him I'd tell him that JUST this time I will let him in the house and I won't hurt him, I'll just let him come in and tide this thing over, maybe even eat some of the birdseed from my bag of birdseed. like I completely revile this loving squirrel but I don't want him dead, you know?

leave your door open so he can come in and you guys can die together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

What did the squirrel do to make you hate him so much?

He steals from my birdfeeder and also he sometimes rifles through my potted plants hiding acorns like a little poo poo.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

gently caress the squirrel. Let it freeze. I only got three... THREE! of my nectarines this season because of those loving furbags. And they're not even the kind you can legally kill.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
so basically you're an anti-squirrel bigot

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

my dad died of lung cancer and it runs all along that side of my family, pretty sure my lovely genes would murder me if I even thought about maybe just trying one cigarette

rawdog pozfail posted:

Ever seen squirrels play with birds? That's some cute loving poo poo I tell you what.

my boyfriend often regales me with the epic tale of Squirrel vs Magpie, I'm always on the lookout for a repeat but I fear that this is a once in an existence kind of deal

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Murder all animals, safe spaces, and smokers with a 9mm bullet to the head

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

in case you were wondering (and I'm sure you were) the magpie won

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also he does that thing where he freezes when he sees me like I'm not looking STRAIGHT at him like he thinks I can't see him or I'm stupid or something, the squirrel is basically insulting me.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

vaguely posted:

my dad died of lung cancer and it runs all along that side of my family, pretty sure my lovely genes would murder me if I even thought about maybe just trying one cigarette

SQUARE!!!

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
catch him in a net and cook him in a pot

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Spanish Manlove posted:

that's a lot of things to murder with just one bullet

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

it's happening one post at a time

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

vaguely posted:

in case you were wondering (and I'm sure you were) the magpie won

thanx

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My neighborhood fills up with crows every fall and winter. It's kind of amazing watching the sky go black when they fly to their roosts for the night, but man they're loud. And lol if you have to park underneath one of their preferred trees.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Pick posted:

He steals from my birdfeeder and also he sometimes rifles through my potted plants hiding acorns like a little poo poo.

I don't understand the "it's stealing from the birdfeeder!" thing. I mean yeah it's a birdfeeder but hey squirrels need food in the winter too. And they're a lot cuter/funnier than birds.

Anyway, my dad loves having birdfeeders so his solution was to just put out a squirrel feeder too and they stay away from the birdseed now. It's pretty simple, just like a board with a corncob on it and stuck to a tree. So now they get birds, squirrels and rabbits (from veggies they put in the yard) to watch. :3:

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

magpies are such evil arseholes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
y did u go with crow jane over jane crow

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Pick posted:

Also he does that thing where he freezes when he sees me like I'm not looking STRAIGHT at him like he thinks I can't see him or I'm stupid or something, the squirrel is basically insulting me.

seriously if hes this stupid catch him with a butterfly net and eat him and leave his skeleton hanging out next year as a warning to other, smarter squirrels. or catch him and make friends

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Kimmalah posted:

I don't understand the "it's stealing from the birdfeeder!" thing. I mean yeah it's a birdfeeder but hey squirrels need food in the winter too. And they're a lot cuter/funnier than birds.

I don't like squirrels generally, and I'm not going to reward them for exploiting the bird welfare system :mad:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Livingtrope posted:

y did u go with crow jane over jane crow

Music, man.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

AriadneThread posted:

that's a lot of things to murder with just one bullet

it's called recycling bitch some people want to help the environment

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

get one of those birdfeeders that swings the squirrels around and flings them off

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Pick posted:

I don't like squirrels generally, and I'm not going to reward them for exploiting the bird welfare system :mad:

Squirrels: Welfare Queens

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Pick posted:

I don't know, I'm not a bird fan. A lot of them are dumb as hell and most of them like to sit outside the window at the crack of dawn and just SCREECH as loud as possible.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

get one of those birdfeeders that swings the squirrels around and flings them off

that's racist

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's happening one post at a time

*lights a phallic object on fire then sucks on it*

i'm a feminist and i'm artsy lol

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The squirrels on the mall in DC are so tame they'll eat out of your hand. They have no fear of man whatsoever.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Pick posted:

that's racist

You could put pepper in the bird seed. Birds can't sense capsaicin and don't give a poo poo about it, but squirrels can.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
when i was a kid this massive flock of bats would fly over our property every evening at twilight and they made such an outrageous noise it was so cool. a shitload of bats live in the sydney botanical gardens so if you watch the 9:30 nye fireworks on tv you can see all of them wake up, freak out and fly away in a huge swarm when the fireworks start

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

when i was a kid this massive flock of bats would fly over our property every evening at twilight and they made such an outrageous noise it was so cool. a shitload of bats live in the sydney botanical gardens so if you watch the 9:30 nye fireworks on tv you can see all of them wake up, freak out and fly away in a huge swarm when the fireworks start

oh you're aussie

that explains a lot

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
magpie you say? well, that reminds me of a song by the hot, underground band that you may not have heard of (Probably not, heh) the Mountain Goats

Allow me to link it to you in this thread for your pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ozRC0iSe40

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Kimmalah posted:

You could put pepper in the bird seed. Birds can't sense capsaicin and don't give a poo poo about it, but squirrels can.

this is amazing

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Fruity Gordo posted:

this is amazing

That's the purpose of "heat" in stuff like peppers: to keep stupid mammals from eating it so the birds can eat them instead and fly around dispersing the seeds. I don't know if it's all birds though, might want to check on that beforehand. :v:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kimmalah posted:

That is some crazy great underhanded poo poo.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

can't even tell how bad they stink b/c their senses are dulled to poo poo lol

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

That is some crazy great underhanded poo poo.

I grew up in a pretty rural area so I learned a lot of crazy ways to repel animals.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
yeah it's common to spray it on plants too so animals don't nibble

you'd have to habanero some poo poo to stop deer though, loving deer

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
so basically we've poisoned the gently caress out of nsw/queensland border crops because we were too stupid to realise that fruitbats dont like spicy food

sounds pretty straya

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I had to look up what that moonspeak "straya" meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Straya and Murica are pretty similar

• Locked thread