Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

colas posted:

I heard the ones monoprice sells are really good. They're $6. They have bluetooth earbuds for only $30. madness.
yeah I hesitated between those and panasonic

Tigntink posted:

The $6.00 panasonics sold on amazon are pure gold. I used to buy the $50+ sony jbls and only would have them last 6 months of general easy use. The stupid little $6.00 buds have lasted me 3 years through working out and commuting on the bus. I love them so much I bought 3 more pairs just in case. Still haven't had to open the 3 other boxes.
Are those teh one I got? OR another model?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
After some friends just upgraded their system I'm on the fence about upgrading my four year old system. And seeing how awesome yours look I might do it sooner than expected.

thethirdman
Aug 8, 2007
Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins. Leave death to the professionals.

Tulip Candy posted:

Got rid of all the change I've been collecting for the past year and got an Amazon gift certificate with it. So far, I've gotten these books:

I recommend Thunderstruck as well by the same author as the latter.

I bought:

I was in Tokyo, so why not?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

jink posted:

I am not the poster you replied to, but I love my 540. I wrote a review when I first received it:

And what it looks like currently:

PC Build History album and more information

Highly recommended. :)
I'm so glad to hear you say this because I'm waiting for mine to be delivered. Makes me think I got a great case. Thanks for posting :D

Noggahide
May 16, 2009
I am a piece of shit retard
I was finally able to replace my very first HDTV, a 40-inch Samsung LCD, with this beauty!!

Sharp 60-inch, LED, Active 3D, 240mhz refresh, SMART TV.

Mortal Kombat on PS3 in 3D was amazing!!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

KingColliwog posted:

yeah I hesitated between those and panasonic

Are those teh one I got? OR another model?

I'm pretty sure they are the same ones you've got. The black ones are more expensive. I grabbed the blue ones for the super cheap price and for stylishnessss

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!

jink posted:

I am not the poster you replied to, but I love my 540. I wrote a review when I first received it:

Highly recommended. :)

Great stuff. Love minimal looking cases.

Jumped the gun a little and ordered the stuff for an M iTX build, because my current HTPC won't game and I want one that can. drat Steam OS got me buggin'

So, I bought this stuff:

poo poo, that card should be a Twin Frozr 2gb 770. And it's on goddamn back order :(

BiRD BoY has a new favorite as of 08:03 on Jan 5, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

thethirdman posted:

I was in Tokyo, so why not?

How much do they cost there? I imported one for $130 Cdn. :(

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

Canceling spam since 1928

Deposit paid on this;

I didn't think it would be fun because the only other Japanese cars I've driven were Toyotas, I was proven wrong.
Should have it in 3-5 days.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Some milsurp stuff - a French M47 Field Jacket, and a German Bundeswehr issue summer shirt. Both used, both cheap as dirt (the jacket was 20, and the shirt 2) - shame shipping was almost as expensive as the order itself, but I still think it's worth it. Should be here in a couple of days.

Oh yeah and

this. I know Child's far from the best, but I actually really like his stuff

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus natur et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

88h88 posted:

I've never got on with smart TVs. In a world of laptops, netbooks and tablets they just seem a little naff. Stuff like Netflix is the only thing they're good for really as most other apps seem really clunky to use.

Anyway, I decided to upgrade my DJ setup and get a laptop especially for it.

Oh man, I've been thinking about buying some DJ gear for the longest time, and seeing stuff like that isn't helping. Though in your case, you didn't cheap out: I think the mixer itself costs about the same as my car :aaa: (and if not, those serato controllers did!)

Also I think getting a job counts as a purchase.. somehow? I'll be the guy you contact when some twerp draws dicks on the classroom desk, and it needs resurfacing. :v:
And in honor of that, I finally ditched my old MS keyboard, and replaced it with Logitech k360. Nice compact size, and wireless, but the button layout takes a moment to get used to.

Cactus-Piss
Oct 3, 2005

Did powering up involve getting a large black dick jammed in your ass?
Treated myself to a Pilot Metal Falcon , and some Iroshizuku ink. Beautiful pen, I write people more now because it is pure joy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I pre-ordered the Robocop 4K Remastered Edition Blu-Ray from Amazon because it was $8, I had leftover Amazon gift card credit and this is one of my favorite movies ever, so why not? Of course I want the best looking version out there!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I pre-ordered the Robocop 4K Remastered Edition Blu-Ray from Amazon because it was $8, I had leftover Amazon gift card credit and this is one of my favorite movies ever, so why not? Of course I want the best looking version out there!

Same here, minus the gift credit.

I also bought the New Japan WrestleKingdom 8 stream, which was glorious. The replay is still available for $35 at https://www.ustream.com/njpw or 3000 yen at https://www.ustream.com/njpwjp, and it's really worth it.

It's also on youtube, but I recommend supporting one of the best wrestling companies around today.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Weird, the image in your post changed. I was just about to ask why the cover didn't match the one I pre-ordered. Favorite movie of all-time.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Slim Killington posted:

Weird, the image in your post changed. I was just about to ask why the cover didn't match the one I pre-ordered. Favorite movie of all-time.
The first one I posted didn't match the one on Amazon so I realized that I chose the wrong image and I went back and edited my post with the right one :shobon:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I'd been searching for a table/cabinet for my turntable and vinyl collection for a while... Finally after countless antique malls:

Scarf has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Jan 6, 2014

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.
New chisels! Gonna be a while before they arrive though.

I bought a set of the narex because they are cheap and have long proven to be the best value in inexpensive chisels. I only bought one hirsch because they are considerably more expensive and I want to see if it's worth it.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I just bought a Sony Vaio P series netbook for cheap on eBay.

Obviously not my picture.

I've always thought these were tiny and adorable so I finally got one v:shobon:v It's compact enough to fit in my purse and it'll be nice to have something portable I can actually do some word processing on without it being uncomfortable - I don't like using a touchscreen if I'm going to be typing a lot.

It hasn't got here yet, but it shipped from someone within my state so I hope it arrives soon :neckbeard:

Agar Agar
Jun 14, 2007

App13 posted:

A cheap Epiphone Banjo:

Do you know how to play already? I've had one sitting around for a few years and decided to pick it up and learn. It is difficult, but I'm learning from youtube videos, so...

Just bought these after wanting them for a couple years.

Kindle Paperwhite

Duofold Union Suit

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Agar Agar posted:

Duofold Union Suit

Please wear this while you banjo.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Whoa big city. Suddenly an empty jug isn't good enough for you?

Agar Agar
Jun 14, 2007

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Well it's mainly for camping. I guess I could learn dueling banjos and play it out in the woods while I sit in my overalls, straw hat and union suit.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Scarf posted:

I'd been searching for a table/cabinet for my turntable and vinyl collection for a while... Finally after countless antique malls:

That's really excellent. Great find.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Christmas gifts to myself:

and some cheap everyday smokes

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Hydrocodone posted:

That's really excellent. Great find.

Thanks! I'm really pleased with it. I would have been content just finding a regular swing-door cabinet a similar size... But to actually find one specifically made to store vinyl was just awesome.

I guess this place is used to people haggling though. I walked up to the front with the item tag and the lady just paused for a second and said "uhh, I guess 10% off?" Uh ok! Here I was all set to pay the sticker price...

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Agar Agar posted:

Do you know how to play already? I've had one sitting around for a few years and decided to pick it up and learn. It is difficult, but I'm learning from youtube videos, so...

I play a little guitar, but I had never played the banjo before.

I'm coming along pretty decently watching these bluegrass tutorials. My only advice is to make sure you are really solid playing with the right hand before you try anything on the left.

Agar Agar
Jun 14, 2007

App13 posted:

I play a little guitar, but I had never played the banjo before.

I'm coming along pretty decently watching these bluegrass tutorials. My only advice is to make sure you are really solid playing with the right hand before you try anything on the left.

Nice, those are the videos that I am using and was going to recommend to you. Good stuff!

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

pageerror404 posted:

New chisels! Gonna be a while before they arrive though.

I bought a set of the narex because they are cheap and have long proven to be the best value in inexpensive chisels. I only bought one hirsch because they are considerably more expensive and I want to see if it's worth it.

A roommate used one of my Hirsch Chisels to scrape oil gunk of an Engine part, hosed it all up. Hide your chisels from people who dont know about woodworking tools.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

JEEVES420 posted:

A roommate used one of my Hirsch Chisels to scrape oil gunk of an Engine part, hosed it all up. Hide your chisels from people who dont know about woodworking tools.

Yeaaahhhh don't use hardened steel on other steel unless you WANT to leave scratches. Bad idea.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
I got a capybara bowl at Savers today :3:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Dunop Cry Baby Wah

Only $20 off craigslist. So I can play some Hendrix and Frusciante licks. Time to learn "Man In The Box".

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 02:05 on Jan 7, 2014

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I read through the OP in the Headphone thread and the linked buying guides, but it started to look like adjective soup after a while. Hope I made the right choice (and stop leaving headphones in my pocket when they go into the washing machine).

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

AHHH INVISIBLE HEAD!!!

Pug Smugly
Apr 5, 2011

Abbeh posted:

I got a capybara bowl at Savers today :3:

No you didn't. You bought a wombat bowl.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
I thought that too at first, but their noses and ears looked too small for wombats.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

JointHorse posted:

Oh man, I've been thinking about buying some DJ gear for the longest time, and seeing stuff like that isn't helping. Though in your case, you didn't cheap out: I think the mixer itself costs about the same as my car :aaa: (and if not, those serato controllers did!)

Also I think getting a job counts as a purchase.. somehow? I'll be the guy you contact when some twerp draws dicks on the classroom desk, and it needs resurfacing. :v:
And in honor of that, I finally ditched my old MS keyboard, and replaced it with Logitech k360. Nice compact size, and wireless, but the button layout takes a moment to get used to.

I didn't cheap out, it's Pioneer's flagship controller the DDJ-SX. It's an all in one unit so the platters and mixer are as one. When I play out it's on the top end CDJ2000s so I wanted something with the same feature set but without the insane dollar price tag. So it really kinda is cheaping out but in a good way.

If you already have a decently specced laptop it's really worth looking into a controller setup. I had a set of CDJ350s and a DJM250 mixer prior to this and those were more expensive and massively lacking in features.

Also nice keyboard, I'm kinda upset I got given a nice wireless Cherry for Christmas. :/

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Abbeh posted:

I thought that too at first, but their noses and ears looked too small for wombats.

They're definitely wombats but it's still a lovely bowl :3:

Decayed
Dec 30, 2004

Shang-a-lang
Fun Shoe

Abbeh posted:

I vote wombats. As the vegetation surrounding it looks like gum nut blossoms, native to Australia just like the wombat. Also the common wombat has smaller ears compared to the hairy nosed wombat.

Common wombat

Northern hairy nosed wombat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Don't forget that they're the only animal in the world to poop cubes :eng101:

• Locked thread