Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
Few seem to be capable of understanding what they hate most it seems.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-75521329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Nah, Rotom-F now has competition for the most worthless useful ability.

I'm genuinely curious now if Rotom-F could learn Roost, would the Levitate ability still make him immune to Earthquake while roosting?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

PSWII60 posted:

I'm genuinely curious now if Rotom-F could learn Roost, would the Levitate ability still make him immune to Earthquake while roosting?

Yep, or at least I think, the ability should still let it avoid Ground type moves, but for that turn, it would be pure Electric, or in Gen IV, remain a Ghost/Electric.

BattleCake posted:

Probably because Electric-type immunity to paralysis was just introduced this gen. They should really change that to something else though.

It also means it can't be paralyzed by Stun Spore or Glare. That's it.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Team Preview from Gen V was as important a change as the Physical/Special Split and Abilities from previous generations, in my opinion.

PSWII60 posted:

Roost doesn't remove Levitate (or Air Balloon) so Rotom-S would remain immune to Ground.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Crosspeice posted:

It also means it can't be paralyzed by Stun Spore or Glare. That's it.

Electric types can't be paralyzed at all this gen, including by those moves.

Also Rotom-S can be partnered up with a Mold Breaker with EQ :v:.

(And it has a better STAB move than Zapdos in Air Slash)

Zoness fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 7, 2014

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Okay, I need a good name for a female Lucario. I have a Talonflame named Glenn Peck and a Exploud named Fred Burst, so I guess I like puns of celebrities I hate.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Shout out to Internet Kraken for their suggestions for improving my first VGC team.

Gaim (Mienshao) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Fake Out
- Quick Guard

Secondary physical attacker. Mostly focuses on supporting her partner with Fake Out and Quick Guard, but can deal heavy damage when the opportunity presents itself. Regenerator takes some of the edge off of Life Orb and missed High Jump Kicks.

Baron (Diggersby) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Primary physical attacker. Main focus is hitting hard as often as possible. Lum berry was thrown on as a placeholder, but being able to soak a status has come in very handy.

Ryugen (Gengar) (M) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam

Primary special attacker. Tries to avoid Mega-evolving if paired with Diggersby, otherwise goes all in. Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam don't provide perfect neutral coverage, but it isn't totally walled by Bulletproof.

Gridon (Gothitelle) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SDef
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Primary disruptor. Tries to catch things that don't want to stay in, then sets up or chips away as needed.

Kurokage (Greninja) (M) @ Hard Stone
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- Return
- Shadow Sneak

Tertiary physical attacker. Fling is for ghost and psychic types that think Greninja has nothing for them, then uses Acrobatics for a high power attack. Also shifts immunities in a pinch.

Bravo (Cryogonal) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Protect
- Icy Wind
- Haze

Secondary disruptor/special attacker. The biggest change, replacing Murkrow for a special attacker with access to ice moves. Usually opens with Icy Wind to cut the enemy's speed, with Haze for when enemy buffs get away from me. Freeze-Dry is weaker than Ice Beam, but I see enough Rotom-Wash and Gyarados to make it worth the BP drop.

It's been working a lot better than my old team did, as you can see here.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-74711709

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-74715266

The losses feel like they come from mistakes made in battle rather than in team-building.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-74711009

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Militree posted:

Okay, I need a good name for a female Lucario. I have a Talonflame named Glenn Peck and a Exploud named Fred Burst, so I guess I like puns of celebrities I hate.

LucariO'Reily?

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Nihilarian posted:

LucariO'Reily?

Welp now I need to breed a 6IV male just for that name.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Steela Kunis

Judge Judo [Punch Judy?]

Rosie the Riveter

Lindsey Gohan

edit: Lucario Dawson.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 7, 2014

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Luca Gaga, perhaps?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cryogonal is certainly interesting. I didn't realize it had 105 base speed, that's actually pretty good and allows it to check every dragon other than Noivern. That said, I think Haze is kind of a waste. Stat boosting isn't that common, and if the enemy is in a position to abuse it then you probably won't be able to use haze anyways. Looking at Cryogonal's move pool though, you don't really have any great options. Ice shard might be useful just for low health priority snipes, and depending on how inherently tanky cryogonal is against special sets recover might work. That said if you find haze works well just stick with it.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
So I'm gathering that there isn't much of a post-game this generation. After reading the last few pages of this thread, and searching elsewhere, it seems that, after completing the Looker sidequest in Lumiose, the only things to do are:

-Battle Maison
-Get all the pretty clothes :allears:
-Finding out what your friend safari is
-Eugenics Breeding monsters
-Battling monsters online

Am I overlooking something?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Left Ventricle posted:

So I'm gathering that there isn't much of a post-game this generation. After reading the last few pages of this thread, and searching elsewhere, it seems that, after completing the Looker sidequest in Lumiose, the only things to do are:

-Battle Maison
-Get all the pretty clothes :allears:
-Finding out what your friend safari is
-Eugenics Breeding monsters
-Battling monsters online

Am I overlooking something?

Collecting the post-game Mega Stones, though that can easily be done in under an hour with an FAQ (which is good because they're only visible for an hour each day, from 8 to 9 pm).

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm doing a game design camp for Korean students in the fifth and sixth grade. An ancient, holy tradition is that the fifth day is a half assed movie day. The problem is that these kids have all seen wreck it Ralph a dozen times. Which Pokemon movie would be the least intolerable for me and would illustrate game mechanics? As it is they're learning how to talk about Genres, Themes, Heroes and Villains, Plot and game qualities.

I really wish they didn't all hate Wreck it Ralph. :smith:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm doing a game design camp for Korean students in the fifth and sixth grade. An ancient, holy tradition is that the fifth day is a half assed movie day. The problem is that these kids have all seen wreck it Ralph a dozen times. Which Pokemon movie would be the least intolerable for me and would illustrate game mechanics? As it is they're learning how to talk about Genres, Themes, Heroes and Villains, Plot and game qualities.

IIRC the first two are supposed to be the best, but they are also the only ones I've seen. If Digimon were still relevant then I would also suggest their first film, but they aren't.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm a fan of the Darkrai and Arceus movies more so than the other ones, but the Celebi movie has a pretty cool (and obvious) plot 'twist'.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I just had a... well, a battle. Starts with my Togekiss vs his Dragonite.

Turn 1: Dragonite uses Outrage! Togekiss sets up Light Screen.
Turns 2-4: Dragonite uses Thunder! Thunder misses 3 times in a row. Dragonite goes down to Air Slash.
Turn 5: Togekiss vs Nidoking. Nidoking uses Earth Power! :wtf:
Turn 6: Nidoking uses Sludge Bomb, does a tiny fraction of damage, Nidoking goes down to Air Slash.
Turns 7-9: Scizor vs Togekiss, Scizor goes Mega, Air Slash flinches 3 times in a row and kills him.

I feel so much pity for that guy, for several reasons.

vvv Nope, the only things weak to Ground I have are Houndoom and Ampharos, and no way I'm sending them out to eat a Life Orb / Sheer Force anything.

Millions fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 7, 2014

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Millions posted:

I just had a... well, a battle. Starts with my Togekiss vs his Dragonite.

Turn 1: Dragonite uses Outrage! Togekiss sets up Light Screen.
Turns 2-4: Dragonite uses Thunder! Thunder misses 3 times in a row. Dragonite goes down to Air Slash.
Turn 5: Togekiss vs Nidoking. Nidoking uses Earth Power! :wtf:
Turn 6: Nidoking uses Sludge Bomb, does a tiny fraction of damage, Nidoking goes down to Air Slash.
Turns 7-9: Scizor vs Togekiss, Scizor goes Mega, Air Slash flinches 3 times in a row and kills him.

I feel so much pity for that guy, for several reasons.

Do you carry a Steel-type? He might have overpredicted.

Though in all honesty, why send out your Special sweeper to deal with a threat that has a Light Screen up?

Eifert Posting posted:

The Entei one might work.
Themes: Loss, coping
Genres: Fantasy is a pretty big one.
Heroes and Villains: Ash and his gang / Entei and the Unown.
Game qualities: No matter how much I love him, Charizard is gonna get his rear end kicked by Entei :(

Well.
He WAS.
Now he goes Mega X and takes it to town :getin:

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 7, 2014

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
Thinking of this for my VGC Trick Room team. I need some help with maybe my Mega-slot and a 6th mon. I was thinking of using a Competitive Gothitelle.

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Speed
- Flash Cannon
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Trick Room

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Protect

Escavalier @ Occa Berry
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Drill Run
- Protect

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Red Herring fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 7, 2014

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Classtoise posted:

Heroes and Villains: Ash and his gang / Entei and the Unown.

You are not seriously suggesting that the Unown are better villains than Annie and Oakley or Guy who pisses off Arceus or Zero or THE MASKED MARAUDER :psyduck:

The third movie has literally the least defined villain role out of the whole film series.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 7, 2014

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Go with the lugia movie capturing pokemon causes global devastation.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Red Herring posted:

Thinking of this for my VGC Trick Room team. I need some help with maybe my Mega-slot and a 6th mon. I was thinking of using a Competitive Gothitelle.

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Trick Room

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Protect

Escavalier @ Occa Berry
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Drill Run
- Protect

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Well with your Chandelure you should probably change his nature to Quiet if you're using him in Trick Room. As for Megas, Ampharos is actually pretty great in Trick Room due to his low speed, good bulk, and base 165 Special Attack. Just be smart about Earthquakes and Dazzling Gleams.

Edit: Also, why aren't you maximizing Chandelure's SAtk?

Plasbad fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 7, 2014

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Plasbad posted:

Well with your Chandelure you should probably change his nature to Quiet if you're using him in Trick Room. As for Megas, Ampharos is actually pretty great in Trick Room due to his low speed, good bulk, and base 165 Special Attack. Just be smart about Earthquakes and Dazzling Gleams.
Chandelure is probably there for when Trick Room runs out.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

I was thinking that too, but it specifically has 0 Speed IVs so I figured they were going to try and use it in Trick Room as well.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Nihilarian posted:

It's on 0 speed IV's, it's meant to function in trick room.

But 0 speed definitely means speed reducing nature unless you're particularly afraid of foul play.

Chandelure should function as a backup setter though.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mawlie is pretty much the perfect mega for trick room. Good type, good coverage, gets a priority move to function outside of it. The only downside is that basically every other trick room team is using it as well. If you feel you have to use a mega you couldn't go wrong with it though.

Might also want to consider dropping protect on Escavalier for the sake of picking up quick guard, as its an extremely valuable asset and also gives Escavalier some utility outside of trick room.

As others have mentioned that Chandelure build makes no sense. You should probably have trick room on its set so it can function as a backup, as it can't be faked out like Arommatise. Maxing out SpDef seems really weird and you'd probably be better off with straight HP.

As for what other pokemon you pick, I'd say something that can function well outside of trick room would be good since right now your entire team is slow as poo poo.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 7, 2014

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

MustelaFuro posted:

I like your fake out Spinda idea. I decided to swap out Malimar for a Shuckle with max Def and SpD and gaurd swap for an instant huge boost to Victini's defenses. To counter rain teams I threw sunny day on my Whimsicot (and charm too to boost Victini's attack). Having a bulky Latias with heal pulse to heal Victini has been a godsend. And Mega Aerodactyl with wide guard and sky drop has won me many battles as an unconventional support Pokemon.

My team's biggest down fall now is dealing with walls. My only truly offensive Pokemon is Aerodactyl; everyone else has defensive EV builds.

What do you use for your other 2 move slots on Victini?

My Victini moveset is V-Create/Bolt Strike/Skill Swap/Protect. My Spinda is Skill Swap/Fake Out/Protect/Sucker Punch and is faster than the Victini on the first turn. Depending on what I need, I typically star a battle with V-Create and Skill Swap, but if I see a pokemon with taunt I'll usually Fake Out them with Spinda and skill swap with Victini.

I'm not sure how effective Guard Swap on the Victini would be. Victini's base stats are good enough that guard swap wouldn't raise them too much. The difference between a guard swapped victini and a +1 defensive stats Victini is probably minimal. It's probably easier to get Victini to +1 defenses than it is to Guard Swap it, amd it also lets you get a big V-Create hit in the process.

Something with heal pulse is a great idea though for the team. Does Heal Pulse ignore Protect?

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 7, 2014

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

So like, is there anything at all you could do with Kricketune? Like, AT ALL? I love his design, and his cry, but...he's an early game bug. :cry: I'm gonna try and think of something cool to do with him just because my Kricketune passion is all that really matters, but if anyone has some clever ideas I'd love to hear them.

Technician is basically necessary on him but it's gonna be hard getting my hands on one of those until Pokebank opens up.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

So I've heard mention of this Focus Energy Hydreigon set a few times, can anyone shed some light on what this build is exactly?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

nerdbot posted:

So like, is there anything at all you could do with Kricketune? Like, AT ALL? I love his design, and his cry, but...he's an early game bug. :cry: I'm gonna try and think of something cool to do with him just because my Kricketune passion is all that really matters, but if anyone has some clever ideas I'd love to hear them.

Technician is basically necessary on him but it's gonna be hard getting my hands on one of those until Pokebank opens up.

Unlike almost every other trashy early game bug, Kricketune isn't bug/flying! Instead he's just pure bug, which is much better. Unfortunately his stats are still pure garbage and you can't do anything about that no matter how hard you try. I can't think of anything Kircketune could doing competently in competitive.

Fun fact; one of the ingame tv channels in X/Y features a young trainer going crazy because she has to use a goddamn Kricketot as her starter :shepface:

BattleCake posted:

So I've heard mention of this Focus Energy Hydreigon set a few times, can anyone shed some light on what this build is exactly?

Due to the changes to crit mechanics, if a pokemon holding a scope lens uses focus energy they will achieve a 100% crit rate. This of particular benefit to Hydreigon, as crits ignore negative stat boosts. This mean he can fire off draco meteors over and over without worrying about the stat drop since he's always criting.

Its hilarious but I don't think its a particularly good set for him, at least in doubles. There are too many pokemon faster than him that can force a switch due to their OHKO potential. He can lay everything to waste if he's moving first but doesn't have the speed to do that. I think the standard life orb set works best, you still do crazy damage and can bring along dark pulse/fire blast since you don't have to waste a slot on focus energy. My entire reason for using Hydreigon is that with a life orb he can just come in, obliterate basically anything with draco meteor, and then switch back out. His typing really isn't good for survivability which a pokemon needs if it has to keep up stat boosts.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 7, 2014

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

BattleCake posted:

Focus Energy + Scope Lens gives a 100% crit rate now, and crits ignore the attacker's stat drops, so Hydreigon can spam Draco Meteor while ignoring the stat drops.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

nerdbot posted:

He makes a good HM slave, and you can hear its cry a lot that way without having to suffer through actually using it in battle.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Unlike almost every other trashy early game bug, Kricketune isn't bug/flying! Instead he's just pure bug, which is much better. Unfortunately his stats are still pure garbage and you can't do anything about that no matter how hard you try. I can't think of anything Kircketune could doing competently in competitive.

Fun fact; one of the ingame tv channels in X/Y features a young trainer going crazy because she has to use a goddamn Kricketot as her starter :shepface:

Yeah, I just looked over it and this moveset is dire. Kricketune doesn't get any egg moves and only has Bug Bite and Aerial Ace to use to take advantage of Technician. You do get Sticky Web and Perish Song, and a few attacking moves that are decent but won't get Technician boosts, but there's not much else.

If I'm gonna do ANYTHING with Kricketune it'd have to be some sort of Sticky Web strategy but you just don't get any moves to support it. He's not Luvdisc bad but this is really tragic.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

nerdbot posted:

Good old Red Chocobo used one in his LP of Platinum, with great success. His was even Swarm! Check the LP out for some idea of what to do. Keep in mind though that it is a gen 4 game, so some things will be different.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Think he's talking about using one competitively guys. You can use ANYTHING ingame and do just fine, its only when you try taking your favorite pokemon online do you realize they have are incredibly poo poo after a Garchomp tears their head off. I can't think of a single thing Kircketune can do. Anything it could do would almost certainly be done a hundred times better by another pokemon too.

I don't understand the thought process behind these kinds of pokemon. Giving a pokemon 384 base stats is a death sentence regardless of what type it is, so why the gently caress do they do it? Even Vivillion, a pokemon they put tons of effort into making a dozen unique different designs for, has pathetic base stats.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 7, 2014

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't understand the thought process behind these kinds of pokemon.

I think it's this:

Internet Kraken posted:

You can use ANYTHING ingame and do just fine

'cause, I mean, if "garchomp tears its face off" is your level for underpowered, there's a loooooooot of underpowered things out there.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
^^^ Yes, grats, you understand the basic premise of competitive pokemon. A lot of pokemon are bad.

Internet Kraken posted:

Think he's talking about using one competitively guys. You can use ANYTHING ingame and do just fine, its only when you try taking your favorite pokemon online do you realize they have are incredibly poo poo after a Garchomp tears their head off. I can't think of a single thing Kircketune can do. Anything it could do would almost certainly be done a hundred times better by another pokemon too.

I don't understand the thought process behind these kinds of pokemon. Giving a pokemon 384 base stats is a death sentence regardless of what type it is, so why the gently caress do they do it? Even Vivillion, a pokemon they put tons of effort into making a dozen unique different designs for, has pathetic base stats.

"Counterpoint": BST doesn't mean everything. Look at Smeargle. To be fair Smeargle's gimmick is absolutely egregious.

Breloom demolishes 700 BST things with its measly 460 BST.

Stats and movepool are just stupidly distributed for like, 70% of pokemon. Then there's another 5% with really stupid stats/movepools.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Probably because they want their strong stuff to actually seem strong. If everything was balanced there'd be no point to the stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

bio347 posted:

'cause, I mean, if "garchomp tears its face off" is your level for underpowered, there's a loooooooot of underpowered things out there.

Yes, a lot of pokemon are totally useless in competitive battling. This isn't exactly a secret.

Zoness posted:

"Counterpoint": BST doesn't mean everything. Look at Smeargle. To be fair Smeargle's gimmick is absolutely egregious.

Breloom demolishes 700 BST things with its measly 460 BST.

Stats and movepool are just stupidly distributed for like, 70% of pokemon. Then there's another 5% with really stupid stats/movepools.

Yeah stats aren't everything. Abilities, type, and move pool go a long way to making or breaking pokemon regardless of their stats. But lets be honest here; bug isn't a very good type. Its my favorite type but I'll be the first to admit its rather lousy both offensively and defensively. So giving a pokemon lovely base stats, a mediocore type, AND a shallow move pool just makes me wonder why Gamefreak even bothers to put them in the first place.

And there are pokemon that would be good if Gamefreak just gave them more stats. I use Vivillion as an example because it really could be fine. Bug/Flying is a poo poo type but it has a pretty great movepool and abilities that work well with it. It has terrible stats though so you basically never see it online. On top of being made of paper it just doesn't have the speed to reliably use its moves. If gamefreak had just put in more stats it would be fine, but they didn't. I just don't get it.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 7, 2014

• Locked thread