Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
I've seen both "Anus Winston" and "BAWWburn" tonight online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Arschlochkind posted:

I've seen both "Anus Winston" and "BAWWburn" tonight online.

The former is brilliant

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

pillsburysoldier posted:

The former is brilliant

I've seen him referred to as Famous Anus.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Actual, 100% unaltered conversation I'm having with a friend of mine:

quote:

They're not obnoxious.... Steelers fan can acknowledge Big Ben isn't the best

But

Any cowboys fan thinks romo is god

:psyberger:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

whypick1 posted:

Actual, 100% unaltered conversation I'm having with a friend of mine:

:psyberger:

What?

Your friend doesn't pay attention very much to the Cowboys.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

On the Dolpins considering a woman for GM:

quote:

Not to be sexist, but I don't think a female should be involved in football decisions. Granted I'm not entirely sure as to what her job entails but "executive vice president of football administration" seems to me that she has some say as to what goes on in the locker room and on the field, and considering that football is a MEN's sport and not a WOMEN's sport, I don't see why she has so much power in the front office. Reports say that she may be on track to be the first woman GM in the NFL, but I fail to see how she can properly evaluate prospects and assess their skills without playing experience. Thoughts?

Oh boy that thread grew three pages:

quote:

It sounds like a woman using a woman's unique abilities to obtain positions of power. More fool the guys who hired and promoted her. You're right also, I don't think women should be involved (without meaning to be blatantly sexist, but we tend not to get involved in makeup or beauty programs). Even people like Pam Oliver can eff off.

How does that not make sense? Women don't play football. Women have not played football since the game was invented, and therefore cannot ascertain what it takes to be successful as effectively as men can. I really don't see how that's a sexist comment.

Take sex out of the equation and compare two men, one with playing experience and one without. Who do you think will be more knowledgable? Seriously guys, not that hard of a concept to grasp.

This thread is funny.

I agree with some of the guys about women in sports. I dont want it and I dont like it. Just my personal preference. Not to say there are not some good analysts/writers that are female. Doris Burk in the NBA, Mindi Bach CSN Bay Area, Ann Killion Bay Area News Group all come to mind.

THe Raiders had Amy Trask in their FO for a long time. In fact she was like Al Davis' #1 if I remember correctly. Raiders fans help me out.

Was the OP comments sexist? Yeah they were, but we live in America and we dont have the right to get offended.

Personally for me, I wouldnt want a woman running football operations for my organization. Its the same reason why I dont want to see Katie Couric on the nightly news.(Which is why she failed btw) Gender roles are so blurred in this country these days. Men are doing more of what women do and women are involving themselves in more of what men do.

For the OP you have to think about the context of what you are saying. The idea of Women dont play football so therefore shouldnt be in power of football operations or decisions is similar to the idea that a man should not cook. Men can cook. Men like to cook, but it at one point was prodominantly a woman's task.

Just because a woman doesnt play the game doesnt mean she cant make decisions based on knowledge and and visual tests. I mean it would be similar to saying someone who hasnt played but comments on this forum doesnt have the knowledge to know what they are talking about or saying that someone isnt an expert on the Great Wall of China if they have never walked it. The fact is that we can teach ourselves a lot based off of the material available to us. Hell, I know guys who know football, but never played who wanted to coach and taught themselves how to become really good coaches through reading about how to coach and how to motivate.

The ignorance lies in the fact that your justification is terribly flawed. If you dont want a female in that role just say it. There isnt anything wrong with having that opinion.

For those saying "OMG It's 2014 is this really happening?" Get your drat head out of the sand. This stuff has been around forever and it is still very prevelant in the world today. There just isnt as much noise about it because of the critcism that gets lambasted upon someone for either not wanting a woman in a mans role or not wanting Obama as President under the guise of "you're sexist" or "must be a racist". Its embarrassing really.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 9, 2014

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

quote:

I fail to see how she can properly evaluate prospects and assess their skills without playing experience.

Somebody didn't read Moneyball.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

On the Dolpins considering a woman for GM:

Oh boy that thread grew three pages:

Nice, that last comment ending on "it's embarrassing really" is about all the irony I need to see for the next two or three decades.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Danica! posted:

What?

Your friend doesn't pay attention very much to the Cowboys.
Nor does he pay attention to Steelers fans

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

Was the OP comments sexist? Yeah they were, but we live in America and we dont have the right to get offended.

Personally for me, I wouldnt want a woman running football operations for my organization. Its the same reason why I dont want to see Katie Couric on the nightly news.(Which is why she failed btw)
What even is this

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hes pretty clearly saying Katie Couric failed as lead anchor of the Evening News because he didn't like the idea of her

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

He used his Scientologist mind powers maybe

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Henchman of Santa posted:

What even is this

The funny part is "but we live in America and we dont have the right to get offended.".

Apparently this individual has never heard of Tumblr.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Hes pretty clearly saying Katie Couric failed as lead anchor of the Evening News because he didn't like the idea of her

hahhahahaha

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Danica! posted:

The funny part is "but we live in America and we dont have the right to get offended.".

Apparently this individual has never heard of Tumblr.

A lot of people think free speech means that people have to accept what you say no matter how offensive or idiotic

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

A lot of people think free speech means that people have to accept what you say no matter how offensive or idiotic

Those same people usually only have trouble with you telling them to shut up, while seeing no problem with doing it themselves.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Ha, that Dolphins post regarding free speech. "We live in America so we don't have the right to be offended."

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Rap posted:

hahhahahaha

The mans got powers rap.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It came from Niners Nation:

Surprisingly, not a Seahawks troll, who probably outnumber the 49ers fans on NN these days.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
People have an issue with Kaepernick? Why? He's a good QB, lead them to a back-to-back playoff seasons, and seems like an ok guy. What would people object to about him besides "has tattoos" and "doesn't like to talk to the press a lot"?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That dude is probably a massive Lowell Cohn fan:

Lowell Cohn posted:

I was not in Santa Clara today. I just read the transcript of Colin Kaepernick’s interview with the media, a transcript provided by the Niners. Kaepernick said: 1) He did not watch the Monday night game in which Seattle, San Francisco’s next opponent, participated. 2) He speaks to the media only because his contract obligates him to.

Here is my response, and I hope Kaepernick returns to Earth long enough to read it.

I am appalled that the 49ers starting quarterback did not tune in to the Monday night game when 6 days later he would be facing one of the teams.

Very immature and a missed opportunity to watch how the Seahawks attacked Drew Brees and attempted to cover his receivers.

Also, he missed the chance to listen to Jon Gruden’s analysis of the Seahawks defense. Maybe Gruden had a perspective or points of interest that the 49ers coaching staff has not presented to their quarterbacks.

Missed opportunity to learn in an external environment without coaches speaking their rhetoric.

Bad….bad…..bad.

Lack of maturity to understand his obligations for him to say that he signed a contract to play football, not to engage the media.

Bill Walsh had players at every annual training camp sit for a media seminar so they would understand their obligation as well as their protocol for dealing with the media.

Maybe Kaepernick forgets that it is the fans in the stands who pay his salary and they get their news and impressions of the players from the media who work hard to do an honest job.

Immature.

His whole interview shows his immaturity. Chris Ault surely did not teach him to be so disrespectful to the media at UNR. They begged for media exposure as a member of a non-qualifying conference.

Obviously, totally reflecting the disdain of Jim Harbaugh when dealing with the media.

What a shame. When CK was drafted he seemed like such a nice kid.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Spoeank posted:

That dude is probably a massive Lowell Cohn fan:

That is a terrible article. Surly that was just click-bait, right?

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Morby posted:

People have an issue with Kaepernick? Why? He's a good QB, lead them to a back-to-back playoff seasons, and seems like an ok guy. What would people object to about him besides "has tattoos" and "doesn't like to talk to the press a lot"?

His tattoos are real bad plus signature celebrations are stupid and if Discount Double Check is any indication we'll be seeing a lot of "Flex your savings and kiss your problems goodbye" Kap commercials.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Morby posted:

That is a terrible article. Surly that was just click-bait, right?

It's less click-bait, more literal crotchety old man.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Vhak lord of hate posted:

His tattoos are real bad plus signature celebrations are stupid and if Discount Double Check is any indication we'll be seeing a lot of "Flex your savings and kiss your problems goodbye" Kap commercials.

Maybe my scale is broken but, compared to Tyler Bray and AJ McCarron, Kaepernick's tattoos are just "meh" to me. Not really worth comment. Who cares? Also, I really like signature TD celebrations. It's not his fault or Aaron Roger's fault if it gets picked up by some company that wants to pay him millions to use it.

Spoeank posted:

It's less click-bait, more literal crotchety old man.

Sounds like a really joyless experience.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
So, I imagine we can expect this thread to fill up in the coming days.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Poonerman posted:

So, I imagine we can expect this thread to fill up in the coming days.

I'll start that party:

quote:

He spelled "love" wrong on national television. I'm questioning his ACT score...

quote:

His inner thug came out and he may be the best but he needs to grow up a little

quote:

If he is so "intelligent" you would think he would be smart enough to realize these are "in my own head thoughts" and not "out of my mouth comments"...a college degree does not buy clas

quote:

Sherman, that was a great play to end the game, but what you did after proves that you are a piece of trash. Act like you belong there.

quote:

Gee I normally don't say things like this, but I hope Sherman gets run over and embarrassed in the super bowl. Running around making "choke" signs to the other team was as as bush league as anything any player has done before.

quote:

Playing at Stanford and making millions hasn't shook that Compton out of him yet

quote:

Yea I was just as upset ... A little 3 year old in a man's body. .. He should be banned from the super bowl

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

quote:

Sorry, but no. He has a history of this kind of behavior. Hell, ESPN even gave him a platform to talk about his charity. What did he do? He used his platform to attack Skip Bayless of all people.

I guess, he's just a great guy though.

Skip Bayless... Of all people!!!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The funny thing about the interview is that he answered the questions that were asked.

EA: Walk us through that last play?
RS: I'm the best DB in the league, don't throw on me, especially with a bitch like Crabtree. Don't talk about me.
EA: Who was talking about you?
RS: Crabtree. It's like you aren't even paying attention.

Bamf
Jul 20, 2000

quote:

I want you to picture Colin Kaepernick in 5 years. What do you see?

Do you see an adept pocket passer dropping back, scanning the field knowingly, getting rid of the ball quickly, consistently on target, to receivers? Do you see him adjusting within the pocket to the rush to sidestep it, buying more time from WITHIN the pocket, and finding the open guy with the extra time he has bought? Do you see him taking something off his passes for touch throws when the type of throw requires it?

Or do you see a guy who still isn't all that skilled from the pocket, whose strength is still his athleticism and ability to run, struggling to read coverages, showing a lack of consistent accuracy, lacking the ability to throw touch passes, and abandoning the pocket too early and improvising from outside the pocket, oftentimes to no avail?

Who does Colin Kaepernick remind you more of in 5 years?

Joe Montana, Steve Young, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees?

Or Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Cam Newton, Jason Campbell. Terrelle Pryor.

what do all those dudes have in common

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That has to be a joke. Or someone really bad at dogwhistling. Holy poo poo.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Jason Campbell and Steve McNair played inside the pocket plenty and Steve Young had the most rushing yards by a QB before Michael Vick came along

Why do people not know stuff

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bamf posted:

I don't care if you can provide a direct link to that comment, I refuse to believe that's real

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Declan MacManus posted:

Jason Campbell and Steve McNair played inside the pocket plenty and Steve Young had the most rushing yards by a QB before Michael Vick came along

Why do people not know stuff

Well you see Campbell is Black and Young is White.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Also where is randall cunningham and warren moon on that list? I'll leave it up to you guys to decide which of the lists I refer to.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

It turns out there's a better thread for this

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 20, 2014

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Bamf posted:

This is amazing.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
While Donovan did seem to have accuracy issues with short passes, at least compared to his intermediate- or long-range passes, people in Philadelphia wanted him to actually use his legs and take off more and were upset when he would stay in the pocket looking to complete a pass.

So, he wouldn't really seem to fit that second criteria, unless of course there was some other mysterious connection among those quarterbacks.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MD2020 posted:

While Donovan did seem to have accuracy issues with short passes, at least compared to his intermediate- or long-range passes, people in Philadelphia wanted him to actually use his legs and take off more and were upset when he would stay in the pocket looking to complete a pass.

So, he wouldn't really seem to fit that second criteria, unless of course there was some other mysterious connection among those quarterbacks.

Didn't the president of the Philadelphia NAACP accuse him of being a race traitor for trying to play like a white quarterback?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Donovan stopped scrambling because he wanted to be taken "seriously" as a QB and god are people loving stupid when it comes to QBs and scrambling

• Locked thread