Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

canyoneer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTiJNskkmd0
Catapulting your teammates across the map in Battlefield 4 with a dirt bike and C4. It (probably) doesn't kill them, but it's hilarious and might upset them.

Imagine if there were also DayZ style proximity chat in BF4. You hear a scream, sofltly at first, then growing louder and louder. It either devolves into curses at that point, or goes softer again as somebody sails over your head into the wild blue yonder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Ashsaber posted:

Imagine if there were also DayZ style proximity chat in BF4. You hear a scream, sofltly at first, then growing louder and louder. It either devolves into curses at that point, or goes softer again as somebody sails over your head into the wild blue yonder.

The funny thing is, if you don't actually get hurt from this poo poo, it could be used to basically Airdrop people into enemy lines.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Zebrin posted:

The funny thing is, if you don't actually get hurt from this poo poo, it could be used to basically Airdrop people into enemy lines.

thats exactly what i was thinking of using it for

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zebrin posted:

IIRC you still take fatal falling damage.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Zebrin posted:

People have been doing this for quite awhile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0fRZ0Dc89s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPdgLTl7ja4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11YaS7Jdc7w

Also you could stick C4 to the UAV in Bad Company 2 and then fly it near the targets in Rush to blow them up from a distance. Nobody ever noticed the UAV for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jedtu2k7Wc

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 7, 2014

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"Rommel you magnificent bastard! I subscribed to your twitch!" :a dozen dwarf robots fall from the sky:

univbee posted:

You can see a couple of people in the video having the presence of mind to deploy a parachute, so maybe it has potential? Not sure how far you can actually send them, though.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

univbee posted:

Yup, you can see the explosion of the bike hitting the ground in a few of those clips, along with the teammate icon changing to a skull.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

darkwasthenight posted:

I don't know why I'm laughing so hard but I can't stop.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction for this, it was a G-Mod (I think) video where someone was building crappy pirate ships and launching them at people or something. Right at the end of the video he launched at this player who immediately turned round and created a huge pirate ship that chased him round the map blasting "A Pirate's Life For Me" or something similar. It was posted early in the thread but I've not been able to find it.
The closest thing to this that I can think of was someone trying to gently caress around with a Billy Mays soundboard in GMod before pirates drown him out. Pirates start at around 0:47. Was this what you were looking for?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Also you could stick C4 to the UAV in Bad Company 2 and then fly it near the targets in Rush to blow them up from a distance. Nobody ever noticed the UAV for some reason.

Real C4 masters in BC2 attached C4 to the tail end of friendly helicopters. When detonated mid fight this made them spin out of control and crash every time. Heavy Metal was never really the same after that.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Real C4 masters in BC2 attached C4 to the tail end of friendly helicopters. When detonated mid fight this made them spin out of control and crash every time. Heavy Metal was never really the same after that.

This works in Dust 514 also. If you wait until a dropship gets close to a building or is about to land and set it off, the pilot usually freaks out and crashes, killing everyone on board. Even better, the game blames the pilot for all the team kills from the crash, and can kick them from Faction Warfare battles (a type of game mode that pays out differently from normal battles) for 24 hours.

Also, if you set the explosives off while the dropships are angled far forward you can make them flip over, guaranteeing a wreck.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Random Hajile posted:

The closest thing to this that I can think of was someone trying to gently caress around with a Billy Mays soundboard in GMod before pirates drown him out. Pirates start at around 0:47. Was this what you were looking for?

That's the one, thank you.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

In BF2 enough C4 on the tail made helicopters do a 180 degree frontflip. Good luck recovering from that :v:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
That makes me wonder, do BF3/BF4 have enough destructible terrain to allow for map-based griefing?

I remember in Bad Company 2 you could spawn assault with C4 to resupply yourself and single-handedly clear an entire forest in 3-5 minutes using your infinite C4. You'd usually do this when defending, turning the area behind the first objective into cratered wasteland (where map designers had intended there to be plentiful trees providing cover for attackers.) And because it's a battlefield game, people on both sides immediately take to sniper wars which incidentally makes attacking pretty hard. Autobalance aside, I can't think of a single time I successfully cleared an entire forest/jungle between two objectives and saw it lost. Even on servers where I was faced off against religious clanstackers; they'd all go completely braindead once they encountered an unexpected problem like that.

It was really cute because what was stopping them was so plain and obvious but hardly anyone could realize it - what was once a jungle now looks like the surface of the loving moon. But rather than recognize that the arena in which they are playing has been irrevocably altered, the [TEAM SERVER] clanguys would just spend the rest of the round bitching about anyone on their team not a part of their suddenly ineffectual clanstack. Actually that was the best part for me, seeing all the angry comments and knowing I'd never get kicked by some butthurt admins because they were incapable of even recognizing the obstacle they faced, they'd just blame their teammates for not attacking and continue sniping at all the snipers that were sniping them. :downsgun:

edit: Nearly 6 years ago... Some guy with an unfortunate name posted this very 'I Killed British' thread and this was the first reply :allears:

Pound_Coin posted:

Sticky c4 is the greatest thing to happen in the history of griefing.

Sanctum fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jan 7, 2014

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Sanctum posted:

That makes me wonder, do BF3/BF4 have enough destructible terrain to allow for map-based griefing?

I remember in Bad Company 2 you could spawn assault with C4 to resupply yourself and single-handedly clear an entire forest in 3-5 minutes using your infinite C4.

Although I haven't tried C4 on trees in BF4, you can run trees over or shoot them for a bit, but it takes ages. In BC2, when it would get boring in my part of the map, I'd sit behind a fixed machine gun and just mow down trees for a nice clear line of sight against wookies.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I stayed up way too late last night watching kaceytron's trainwreck of a stream. I think a popular League player just had a zoom in on her boobs and had triple the viewers.

I don't know if it's performance art and she's just milking money out of nerds or if she really is as dumb as she comes off.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Two for you!

My favourite DayZ grief:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsBj2zQkVlM

To clarify, the 'stalker' guy is hacking (obviously) but he does so in a MASTERFUL way. Never even damages his 'victim'. Well... psychologically maybe.

And for Starbound fans - one that I am performing:

See that cute lil yellow dude? That is an npc monster from one of my planets. Starbound lets you capture said monsters using a pokeball knockoff.
You can then throw down the balls and the monster pops out, friendly to you!

Well, you can also drop these little guys inside someone elses spaceship - To clarify, the spaceship is your 'home base' that persists with you through single player and multiplayer - where it will persist through saves, server changes, etc.
This might not seem like more than an annoyance - you're stuck there with a cute little thing on your ship... however, Starbound also features the ability to spawn useful NPC's in your ship, for example medics and vendors... unfortunately, the little dino guy there? He murders them.
He will eat any and all other NPC's that show up on board the ship - and there is no way* to kill him since he is 'friendly'! (It is possible to kill them with explosive splash damage, but not many people realize this)

Suffice to say I have filled up several dozen capture pods with these little things and have been 'donating' them to the unsuspecting as I hop around servers :3

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Sanctum posted:

They were next to impossible to knock down in BF3, somewhat easier to clear in BF4, but nothing on the level of BC2.

I think the devs learned from Nelson Bay.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Infinite Monkeys posted:

In BF2 enough C4 on the tail made helicopters do a 180 degree frontflip. Good luck recovering from that :v:

Who needs explosives? I would always hang out near the transport choppers before they lift off and toss a flashbang as soon as it's off the ground. The pilot would spaz the gently caress out and go belly up or slam into a radio tower or something.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

DarkDobe posted:

My favourite DayZ grief:

To clarify, the 'stalker' guy is hacking (obviously) but he does so in a MASTERFUL way. Never even damages his 'victim'. Well... psychologically maybe.
Oh that is fantastic. Pulls off the stalking ghost vibe perfectly. :allears:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

They were next to impossible to knock down in BF3, somewhat easier to clear in BF4, but nothing on the level of BC2.

I think the devs learned from Nelson Bay.

You can knock BF4 trees down in seconds if not quicker with many weapons and vehicles. I've cleared Zavod entirely before.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

DarkDobe posted:

Two for you!

My favourite DayZ grief:

The streamer also had this link in the comments:
http://www.twitch.tv/zombielive/b/328042955?t=4h34m32s

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I was lazy and just used the AA gun in our base, mostly on Atacama. Hit the helicopter when they're taking off and they would crash every time.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Control Volume posted:

The streamer also had this link in the comments:
http://www.twitch.tv/zombielive/b/328042955?t=4h34m32s

Ghostman is my favourite thing I think.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

DarkDobe posted:

My favourite DayZ grief:

I think I really like this in part because the streamer is loving it too. The best griefs are the ones where everybody has fun. :)

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

Sanctum posted:

I remember seeing videos of goons in the BF3 alpha/beta digging massive trenches with C4 on Metro, but people hate fun so the release version had terrain deformation toned way, way down.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Der Luftwaffle posted:

I remember seeing videos of goons in the BF3 alpha/beta digging massive trenches with C4 on Metro, but people hate fun so the release version had terrain deformation toned way, way down.

The best part about that is that the terrain deformation persisted between rounds, but the textures did not, so after we finished digging holes there would be random invisible pits that were almost impossible to escape from everywhere.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Can you fully level buildings in Battlefield 4? This question is what's standing between me and purchasing the game.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

MizPiz posted:

Can you fully level buildings in Battlefield 4? This question is what's standing between me and purchasing the game.

Some of them, yeah. Like the huge skyscraper that makes point C in Siege of Shanghai, which is basically a setpiece area. Taking it down makes all the snipers who were sitting up there lording over their dominion rage pretty good. Beyond the huge skyscraper most of the buildings you can destroy are smaller two story houses/generic buildings.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Why isn't there a Red Faction multiplayer game? Everyone just swinging their hammer around with everything crashing to the ground around them.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

MizPiz posted:

Yes, destruction is dialed up significantly from BF3. There are a few protected buildings, like (most of) the skyscrapers on Dawnbreaker and Siege of Shanghai, but anything smaller than that can usually be knocked over. Even on Shanghai, most of the shops and stuff on the ground floor of the skyscrapers are destructible to the point that tanks drive straight through the walls.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

djw175 posted:

Why isn't there a Red Faction multiplayer game? Everyone just swinging their hammer around with everything crashing to the ground around them.

RF:G's multiplayer was pretty awesome. The Wrecking Crew mode was the best ever.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

djw175 posted:

Because Guerilla didn't sell well or something, the game they made right after it was a boring hallway shooter.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Arrath posted:

RF:G's multiplayer was pretty awesome. The Wrecking Crew mode was the best ever.

That mode was great. If you got the thrust pack you were basically a god for 1v1 encounters. If they came close to hit you with the hammer, jump up with it and kill them before they hit the ground. Above you in a building? Jet through the floor. Below you? Same deal, except this time you murder them.

Also helps that you could blow up entire buildings if your team was camping in them.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Lady Naga posted:

the game they made right after it was a boring hallway shooter.
Worst grief of the thread so far.

:smith:

Griz
May 21, 2001

Sanctum posted:

In BF4 rush, setting off a ton of C4/mines on the outdoor MCOMs will make a hole big enough to prevent anyone from arming the MCOM unless they drive a jeep into it and use it as a ladder.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Der Luftwaffle posted:

You could put trenches on the enemy airfields and ground their planes for an entire round, or longer. People would try to take off, nose would go into the trench and boom. If the person expected it, they could kinda turn the plane a bit and point off to the side, but there was a chance they'd fly into the out of bounds area.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

djw175 posted:

My friends and I used to play the poo poo out of the old PS2 Red Faction multiplayer. The levels were standard FPS fare, but the Geo-Mod poo poo worked perfectly so you could gently caress around with the stages in crazy ways. I remember drilling into the back of the base in the 2Fort clone and then digging under the map, creating a trench that spanned the length of the canyon the map took place in, forcing people to fight from their bases. You had to dig from the walls and under the stage like that, because aiming straight down and firing rockets just got you killed instantly and didn't cause any Geo-Mod damage.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Cross posted from gamers.txt because I thought it's entertaining. Pretty sure he's talking about 7 Days to Die, but only Pilchenstein knows.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

MizPiz posted:

Cross posted from gamers.txt because I thought it's entertaining. Pretty sure he's talking about 7 Days to Die, but only Pilchenstein knows.

If Rust doesn't start getting more interesting real fast, I may have to switch over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Mods, please change the thread title to 'I built a house around a guy's house - griefing.txt'.

• Locked thread