Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

mousku posted:

I was so sure that's Jason Isaacs.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Is that the test tube love child of Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackman?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

All I'm seeing is Josh Hartnett

feedmyleg posted:

I'm having trouble seeing that as anyone but Tom Hanks.

Movie Posters - Goon face blindness megathread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sir Kodiak posted:

"And so Mrs. Phillips, you are 100% sure that it was Lobok you saw on the night of November 14th burglaring your neighbour's house?"
"Yes, 100% sure. Picked him out of a line-up and everything. You're saying I can't recognize his face?"

*Lobok whispers something to his lawyer and hands him a poster*
"Uh... right. And now Mrs. Phillips, I'd like to ask you about the actor on this movie poster. Are you a fan of Michael Cera?"
"Oh no, not since that Juno movie, no."
"So Michael Cera, as seen on this poster is not an actor you care for? Because you might be surprised to learn that this is not Michael Cera at all ma'am.... but JESSE EISENBERG!"

*court audience gasps, judge calls for order, acquits Lobok immediately*

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

kiimo posted:

This poster for 1978's Faces of Death just came out. Gosh I wonder if they're hinting at any modern iconic imagery with this. :jihad:

What do you mean "just came out"?

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Well this sure is a thing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What do you mean "just came out"?

Well it was just posted on IMP. I'm not sure how much imagery is new or whatever since I don't actually know the history of Faces of Death posters but if you do well that's...something. If this stuff was on here before 9-11 well that's just even weirder.

http://www.impawards.com/archives/latest.html

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

kiimo posted:

Well it was just posted on IMP. I'm not sure how much imagery is new or whatever since I don't actually know the history of Faces of Death posters but if you do well that's...something. If this stuff was on here before 9-11 well that's just even weirder.

Ohh, okay, I thought you meant someone just started selling that print or something. Cool poster. The original Faces of Death is shockingly unjokey compared to the subsequent films, the final shots in particular are just grim as hell.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

kiimo posted:

The VHS had the same cover

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:tinfoil:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
To my recollection none of that stuff actually happens in Faces of Death anyway.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
9/11 definitely didn't.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

ynohtna posted:

I want this on my wall.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I want this on my wall.

ynohtna posted:

So if you're not heterosexual...is it still in Astravision and Sexicolor?

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
I dunno, I don't think it's really very appropriate to objectify skeletons any more. It may look all cool and retro but its fundamentally just the same old deadist trash we see on the screen every day.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

How do we know that's a man's skeleton? :crossarms:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tomero_the_Great posted:

How do we know that's a man's skeleton? :crossarms:

He's got a boner.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lobok posted:

He's got a boner.

uggggh

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Is Astravision a technology for making the audience see the astral plane? This is an orgy involving dead people, after all.

That's just like humanity. Create a groundbreaking technology, use it for pron.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Fine. For a non-jokey answer, just count the number of ribs.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Any more/less than 24 and it's an orgy of mutants.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Lobok posted:

Fine. For a non-jokey answer, just count the number of ribs.

:ssh: Men and women have the same number of ribs.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The only real way you can tell a man from a woman from their skeletons is the pelvis. While you can tell based off examining the skull shape, the canines, and long bones, the pelvis can be determined by a superficial glance. High and narrow for men, low and wide for women.

Unfortunately, the pelvis is not shown. :what:

My guess is it's a man, because most medical skeletons are defaulted toward that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Young Freud posted:

The only real way you can tell a man from a woman from their skeletons is the pelvis. While you can tell based off examining the skull shape, the canines, and long bones, the pelvis can be determined by a superficial glance. High and narrow for men, low and wide for women.

Unfortunately, the pelvis is not shown. :what:

My guess is it's a man, because most medical skeletons are defaulted toward that.

And once more the prejudice against women in medicine rears its ugly head.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sir Kodiak posted:

Exactly! Anyone can see it's a young Danny Trejo.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ghostpilot posted:

:ssh: Men and women have the same number of ribs.

Then where did women even come from?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Lobok posted:

Then where did women even come from?

Hephaestus forged her out of bronze, then Zeus All-Thunderer breathed life into her. The Gods granted her numerous gifts, including a sealed jar, and sent her to Earth as punishment upon men for their use of the fire stolen from Olympus.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Byzantine posted:

sent her to Earth as punishment upon men

So that means that homosexuality is a blessing from the gods, allowing me to avoid their punishment?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MikeJF posted:

So that means that homosexuality is a blessing from the gods, allowing me to avoid their punishment?

Now you're understanding Greeks.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ynohtna posted:

I know that you know, but other people might be interested that the film was written by Ed Wood which just adds to that poster, really.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

MikeJF posted:

I once read that Greek homosexuality came less from a genuine love of men and more from a hatred of women.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Improbable Lobster posted:

I once read that Greek homosexuality came less from a genuine love of men and more from a hatred of women.

Isn't that where modern homosexuality comes from as well?

Disclaimer; is gay and joking.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

To my recollection none of that stuff actually happens in Faces of Death anyway.

The electric chair bit is definitely in there. I have some recollection of a beheading, but I don't remember any building explosion or airplane stuff.

I love the original Faces of Death, it makes an interesting double bill with Cannibal Holocaust. The commentary track on the Blu-Ray is fantastic.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, you're right, the electric chair bit (it's a woman, right?) is in there.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
It's probably my go-to 'People Tapping Monkeys On The Head With Wiffle Bats' movie.

Probably.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Isn't the original Faces of Death mostly faked?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Isn't the original Faces of Death mostly faked?

The later ones are. The original is more a mondo film, compiled from newsreel footage from around the world. Nowadays, it would be stuff like you'd find on LiveLeak.

Edit: supposedly 40% of the film was faked. There's a make-up artist and a later edition explained the film's tricks, but the rest is archival footage.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 8, 2014

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The electric chair is an obvious fake. Anything with multiple takes and a three camera setup and lighting is fake. Anything that looks like a news report from a foreign country is real.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Oh good, I always like it when a movie is BASED ON TRUE ACTS OF COURAGE

e: VVVVV Same here, haha.

In the timg the left side almost looks like some ghost face about to bite his neck.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The electric chair is an obvious fake. Anything with multiple takes and a three camera setup and lighting is fake. Anything that looks like a news report from a foreign country is real.

I'm still dying to know which country the attempted political knifing footage in Surviving Edged Weapons was taken in.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Corek posted:

I'm still dying to know which country the attempted political knifing footage in Surviving Edged Weapons was taken in.

I want to say japan but the political knifing I'm thinking of was probably from longer ago (and also successful)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

mr. stefan posted:

I want to say japan but the political knifing I'm thinking of was probably from longer ago (and also successful)

Also, not a knife.

Looking at that part in Surviving Edged Weapons, it looks more like the Philippines, Thailand, or Indonesia.

Edit: It's Imelda Marcos at an awards ceremony in 1973 (probably not :nws: since they shoot the assassin).

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 8, 2014