Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
In Pigs on Parade they dressed the pigs up depending on what month it was. But then there were astronaut pigs for some reason as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
Two years ago I found a 90's Pokemon calendar that was my brother's when he was a kid and used it even though the holidays often didn't line up

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
^^^ That, that is literally the last calendar I had, goddamn.

Our Thread of Ladies is risen. Gibbis is redeemed.

I haven't used a paper calendar since I was wee. Arguably the greatest weakness of a computerphonecalendar is it's lack of cute themes, but I have a lock screen wallpaper for that.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

I'm using a free calendar from my local butcher shop that has pictures of literal meat and seasonally appropriate recipes to go with them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What was the reason excuse to close them all down anyways?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

What was the reason excuse to close them all down anyways?

angerbeet is a big ol' hitler of a man

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I have a Pokemon calendar that I made this year. January is Articuno.

I also found a Disney Princess calendar at the dollar store. It's meant to be coloured in, so I'm hoping to colour a new princess every month. Cinderella is first!

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
I don't think they even gave one other than quoting the general rules in the sticky. They liberally applied this to mean that the crew threads were all uninteresting when they're the most enjoyable threads around.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Dice Dingus posted:

I don't think they even gave one other than quoting the general rules in the sticky. They liberally applied this to mean that the crew threads were all uninteresting when they're the most enjoyable threads around.

They re-opened BB Crew this morning and by the time I got to work it was gassed >:|

----------------

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
New old rules so now does this mean I have to sit up straight and type correctly and no run-on sentences?

Still -whatever out with a feels like of -29. Snow did not drift much. Pipes did not freeze.

Not brave enough to see if car is going to start, I can't handle disappointment this early in the day.

It was suggested I plug my car in but that's like diesel engines, isn't it? I don't think my car has such a thing.

Ughhhh can't I just take a handful of Ambien and wake up and have it be spring or at least 34 degrees so this stuff melts?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Having a steady supply of decent weed is really the only way to do winter.

The BF made French toast this morning, I knew there was a reason I keep him around.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
hey all, it was only when this thread got closed that i realized i should be posting in it.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I just went into town to find my housemate a birthday present. All dude clothes are loving ugly these days, why are there stupid suede patches or massive tropical prints/pictures of naked ladies on all the shirts!? I see normally dressed men in the street so I know normal dude clothes exist but they must be hiding them somewhere. :argh:

I bought him whiskey instead and I'm making lasagne and chocolate fudge cake before the cocktail and dumb games party I organised for tomorrow. I'm the best friend.

P.s. Long live lady thread!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Shannonmcn posted:

I just went into town to find my housemate a birthday present. All dude clothes are loving ugly these days, why are there stupid suede patches or massive tropical prints/pictures of naked ladies on all the shirts!? I see normally dressed men in the street so I know normal dude clothes exist but they must be hiding them somewhere. :argh:

This place has some good men's tshirts

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Logged on this morning and we're back on the air. Woo!

Woke up this morning to a nose full of skunk. Always a pleasure.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
I would advise you but what I consider good menswear skews decidedly towards the well-dressed hipster.

Actually, clothes question: What is a good place to get ultra basic womens wear as cheap as humanly possible, just things like t-shirts and tanktops for layering? I go to Ross for most things but they don't sell those, just massively reduced overstock from ludicrously expensive designer stores. I tried target and fred meyers but it's like 20 bux for a t-shirt.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Dice Dingus posted:

I would advise you but what I consider good menswear skews decidedly towards the well-dressed hipster.

Actually, clothes question: What is a good place to get ultra basic womens wear as cheap as humanly possible, just things like t-shirts and tanktops for layering? I go to Ross for most things but they don't sell those, just massively reduced overstock from ludicrously expensive designer stores. I tried target and fred meyers but it's like 20 bux for a t-shirt.

H&M is pretty good for basics.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

Dice Dingus posted:

Do you have a DD's Discount in your area? I *love* that place and has all kinds of clothes for cheap. I haven't seen anything over $20 there, even designer pants and their inventory is always changing.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Ladies, tell me you wouldn't go for this guy if you saw him on the street.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Sonrisa posted:

Do you have a DD's Discount in your area? I *love* that place and has all kinds of clothes for cheap. I haven't seen anything over $20 there, even designer pants and their inventory is always changing.

Gabriel Brothers might be the eastern version of that. It can be a treasure trove or a trash heap depending on what day it is.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

men of nite crew calendar, this is mr. february

----------------

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines
Forever 21 sells tank tops for $1.80 in Canada. If you're in the US it's probably even cheaper

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
Forever 21 stuff seems like it falls apart if you wear it for more than a half hour but it's a good half hour

----------------

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

you rock posted:

Forever 21 sells tank tops for $1.80 in Canada. If you're in the US it's probably even cheaper

Nah it's that. Two bucks.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

Don't mix prints with plaids.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010

Sonrisa posted:

Looks like that's what Ross calls themselves in the southern states, I'm in Oregon. So yes! That's where I got pretty much everything I own.

Crow Jane posted:

H&M is pretty good for basics.

Ooo, dang, you ain't kiddin'. I bet they have a bitchin' clearance rack.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Dice Dingus posted:

Looks like that's what Ross calls themselves in the southern states, I'm in Oregon. So yes! That's where I got pretty much everything I own.

Ooo, dang, you ain't kiddin'. I bet they have a bitchin' clearance rack.

Just try stuff on. I tried on a dress from their clearance rack with a sort of babushka print. Glad I did, because one of the very red, very wet looking roses turned out to be situated directly over my crotch.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

F21 stuff doesn't seem to fall apart any quicker than H&M basics and it's way better than Primark, very happy they have UK stores now.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

That's weird that DD's and Ross are under the same parent company because we have both here and they're veeeeery different stores. Ah well. They both rock. I shop DD's for everyday stuff and Ross for kind of fancier things.

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

Forever 21 stuff seems like it falls apart if you wear it for more than a half hour but it's a good half hour

I've heard this before so maybe I'm just lucky that most of my things from F21 and H&M have held up, and usually just as well as the more expensive brands. Today I'm wearing a $6 pair of leggings from F21 that I've had for over 3 years v0v

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
Huh. I dunno, but there's no DD's in Oregon. I'm making do though, they have really nice pants. A few nice skirts, too, butI don't wear those out of the house yet, on account of weather and on simply not being adjusted to them.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

you rock posted:

I've heard this before so maybe I'm just lucky that most of my things from F21 and H&M have held up, and usually just as well as the more expensive brands. Today I'm wearing a $6 pair of leggings from F21 that I've had for over 3 years v0v

Whaaaat

I guess F21 clothes just don't like me or something

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

cold weather FTW

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
They're completely hit or miss. I have a tank I got there which has lasted since college, and one or two other pieces that basically dissolved in the wash.

blippyblop
Aug 5, 2004

f21 clothes have the durability of 1 ply toilet paper

h&m is great though

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

no

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 3, 2014

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Clothing chat is reminding me I need to update my wardrobe, most of what I have is slightly too big now or I got back in highschool or both.
Eh, maybe laterrrrr

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i didn't wear a proper jacket today because i'm retarded and that wind tore my rear end UP godd drat

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i didn't wear a proper jacket today because i'm retarded and that wind tore my rear end UP godd drat

rip: your rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Buy American Apparel. I figure the owner being a terrible sleeze bucket is slightly better than third world sweatshops.

But yeah $$$$.

• Locked thread