Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Honestly? The people who need deep progression rewards still won't reach them, and the people who can get to them likely don't need them.

I've got almost all the covers I need, the few I still need are either newbies that aren't in progression rewards yet (Hulk, Punisher) or Lightning Rounders, and they don't put large HP bundles in rewards any more. Look at Double Shot -- the high rewards are ISO, 100 HP, 25 HP (an IM40 I don't need), ISO, an IM40 I kinda need but not really because it's a power I've only ever used when fooling around, and The Wrong Wolverine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I miss the days when they had gigantic HP pack rewards.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gallow posted:

And oh, do some of these people not know when to stop a slap fight. :smug:

One guy keeps hitting me for a 9 point loss after I hit him for a 40 point gain.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Maybe with the whole shields thing they'll bring back the 500HP rewards! And revert the cover space to the original price and bring the facebook bonus back to 20!

...eeh not likely :smith:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
You now have to complete a mission for your daily reward? Anyway I just got my day 60 daily reward green Rag cover.

It is my first Rag cover

:negative:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Sorry if this has been answered already in the thread, but:

If there's a countdown tile laid by a mook, and there's more than one of the same mook, is there a way to tell who that tile belongs to?

How exactly do non-hero enemies (that is, ones that don't move the board themselves and only lay countdowns) fill up their AP? Is it just automatic and fixed? If so, is there a way to tell how much they'll gain in a given turn?

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

If theres like 2 soldiers and they lay down a green assault tile you can stunlock one of them and see if the countdown progresses to tell who it belongs to. Other than that no. They should really make it so you can tell who is who.

All Nonheros automatically, if not stunned, automatically get AP each turn. You can see the number popups on the enemy side each turn. Or you can slide the screen over and manually count how many tiles they have and figure out their gain rate.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Not a particularly easy way. It's always the one 'next' in line (if you beat the current character he'll be the one who cycles into the front), which I think is the one before the character you're beating on in the cycle. Unless it isn't, which can happen if one of them can't act due to stuns then the other one will use their ability.
Almost all of them generate AP at a rate of 2 AP of each colour they have an ability for automatically, but I don't know of any easy way to see how much without letting them have a turn. That AP comes and goes from the shared enemy pool, so heroes with the right colours can use it instead of the non-heroes (which becomes brutal in some cases) while matched tiles will increase the rate of non-hero ability use.

Fellis posted:

It is my first Rag cover

I've been playing since the Australian preview and that one was my second Rag cover. The first one was also green :negative:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I would REALLY like to know how the freebie 15 IM40/40 M Black Widow/ 35 Thor team managed to take down my 38 IM40/65 Thor/65 Wolverine team.. My retaliation match took maybe 2 minutes.

I got my first "AFK" victory notification today. Totally wiped out a challenger and netted me 19 points. I really wonder what he was coming at me with.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I would REALLY like to know how the freebie 15 IM40/40 M Black Widow/ 35 Thor team managed to take down my 38 IM40/65 Thor/65 Wolverine team.

Well, boosts exist, and the AI is dumb.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Widow's Sting wrecks AI teams. He probably just locked down both Thor and Wolverine.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Fellis posted:

You now have to complete a mission for your daily reward? Anyway I just got my day 60 daily reward green Rag cover.

It is my first Rag cover

This pisses me off because I missed the last couple rewards.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm not sure why or what's triggering it, but the new daily reward thing is a little glitchy. I've gotten three so far today and am hoping the fourth comes along soon 'cause that's a Heroic token. (Hah -- as I typed that, I quit the app and three seconds later got "Your daily resupply is ready to be claimed!" in my notifications. Right after finishing a mission to claim that, I got "Update downloaded, applying now," so presumably they're patching that.)

I've gotten up to ~680 points or so in Double Shot before the crabs started pinching. Not going to spend HPs or bust my balls to get a 500 ISO reward.

EDIT: Also, Lightning Rounds are still broken and won't let anyone in. :allears:

delfin fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 7, 2014

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Argh the lightning rounds are still greyed out for me!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Better to have the Lightning Rounds broken than the loving game itself. Haven't been able to access MPQ ever since I updated. Installed it on a different phone and didn't work on that one either. Bugs section has plenty of people unable to play the game right now.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Are y'all seeing the lightning rounds show up at all? I don't have them, even greyed out.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Mine was grayed out.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It was greyed out, then it vanished, much like last week's.

Sherlock Bones
Jul 13, 2006
;/
I'm at three green with Hulk and just got another green cover. What's the thinking build wise with Hulk?

PaleBlueDot
Feb 13, 2012

All the way from
Transylvania
5 Green, 3 red, 5 black is the general idea, I think. Speaking of, the higher levels of Hulk's black skill does damage, right? Anyone know if this damage is increased by strike tiles?

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Sherlock Bones posted:

I'm at three green with Hulk and just got another green cover. What's the thinking build wise with Hulk?

I asked this before and no one responded but over on the other forums the preferred build seems to be 5/3/5 because the red depletes up to 10 green AP as well as damaging your own team in bad circumstances.

The truth is hulks purpose is a self sacrificing tanks green generator that doesn't actually spend his own green because it's not that good, so pair him up with storm or rags or wolverine.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Some people are going with 5/3/5 with the thinking there's already plenty of overlapping characters using red powers (who also don't damage your own team).

The other popular build is 3/5/5 because 5 red nets you something like 1200 more damage when he's maxed I think? But again, you're going to be doing damage to your own dudes.

Personally, I'm going 5 green because I can't see anyone else but Rag speaking for the red AP. Saving up 14 red is likely to happen only once during a battle and there are plenty of other ways to spend it with other characters. Something else to consider is when your team is being controlled by the AI against someone attacking you, if anyone else on your team uses red powers that cost less than 14 AP, Hulk will probably never get a smash.

Edit: Rereading that, hulk never getting to smash sounds sad :(

Also lightning rounds are back up!

Chuds McGreedy fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 7, 2014

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Does anyone plan to actually use Hulk? I'm a little underwhelmed with him quite frankly. I'm 4/0/0 on him right now.. Maybe that has something to do with it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

messagemode1 posted:

I asked this before and no one responded but over on the other forums the preferred build seems to be 5/3/5 because the red depletes up to 10 green AP as well as damaging your own team in bad circumstances.

The truth is hulks purpose is a self sacrificing tanks green generator that doesn't actually spend his own green because it's not that good, so pair him up with storm or rags or wolverine.

Maybe it wasn't your specific request, but many of us have suggested 5/3/5. Might've gotten lost in the shuffle. That said, it's not necessarily a no-brainer...

Thunderous Clap is basically Storm's Lightning Storm / Lightning Strike, with one major difference -- while it hits a couple more tiles than Storm's, it does not generate AP. It's decent board churn but not overwhelming and doesn't improve all that much with higher levels. (L3 = 5 tiles + 1 / 2 AP, L4 = 6 tiles + 1 / 2 AP, L5 = 8 tiles + 1 / 2 AP).

Smash is expensive (14 Red + 0-10 Green) and needs fiddly circumstances to be effective (tons of Green APs, < 10 Green tiles on the board). It DOES have the potential to be the hardest-hitting single attack in the game with a perfect setup; 14 Red + 30 Green will do upwards of 8000 damage at Smash L5, but the odds are pretty good that if you're accumulating that many APs you have more efficient ways of dispatching enemies, and other Red-users have more efficient Red AP-to-damage ratios.

Anger should go to at least L4 for sure. L4 makes a countdown tile that turns 4 basic tiles to green, and can make multiple tiles from one turn. L5 makes a countdown tile that turns 5... but damages enemies for up to 148 AND allies for up to 74. Anyone who played through the Hulk missions knows that those tiles can add up quickly from cascades.

So: None of the abilities are flat-out studs worthy of level 5. You can kinda mix and match.

Anger needs at least 4. If you don't care about the damage to your own team -- and, truth to tell, it shouldn't add up to much -- take it to 5 and enjoy. It's not much of a deterrent, because one web from Spidey neutralizes Anger when Hulk's on defense, but it's one of two reactive abilities in the game and if someone does let multiple Anger tiles trigger, it can make a TON of Green tiles all at once. Note that you'll have to level Hulk to where he's up front and taking damage rather than damage-dealers like Wolverine or Grey Widow, though in Wolverine's case that shouldn't be too hard. Enemy attacks -> Hulk gets pissed -> Wolverine gets a full tank for clawing or Widow uses the distraction to head-pop the whole team.

If you're rarely if ever going to use Smash, go 5/3/5. Most people won't. If you plan on leveling Hulk up to where he'll be your frontman, I can make a case for 3/5/5 or 4/4/5 simply because Thunderous Clap's upgrades add very little.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Not at this point. His shatter is more expensive than Juggernaut's and doesn't generate AP unlike Storms'. His nuke costs as much as Model 40's but does Astonishing Wolverine levels of damage unless you have over 14 green AP, at which point it will do as much as Unibeam. For Smash to do decent damage you need to not be using Thunderous Clap basically at all, and even then Smash will backfire on your team depending on the board. Anger is a really great ability but Hulk also has the highest HP in the game - at max level you need to be sucking up hits of 500+ for it to trigger, which makes it a decent way to turn the tables when you're in a bad situation but would keep it from reliably generating the AP you need to use his other abilities.

As far as I can tell, all I'd want him for is to generate green for other people to use for AP generation/strike tiles, and at that point I may as well take Model 40 who can do it without relying on the enemy team to be beefed up and comes with a better nuke.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
I learned two things recently:

1 - Don't kill someone if they have a 30+ Storm (Classic) with Raging Tempest (party wipe - 1000+ damage to each of my party)
1a - gently caress Storm

2 - You can skip opponents in the SHIELD simulator and events

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Shroud posted:

I learned two things recently:

1 - Don't kill someone if they have a 30+ Storm (Classic) with Raging Tempest (party wipe - 1000+ damage to each of my party)
1a - gently caress Storm

2 - You can skip opponents in the SHIELD simulator and events

Storm got majorly toned down. I burn her with lower damage abilities, like Wolverine, or just basic attacks, then I have tons of points to throw massive nukes on the survivors. Also, she's my first target- regardless of which one it is. gently caress Hailstones.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I wish the diabolic tokens were remotely affordable. For the price, I might as well just straight level rags red (no green yet). One day I'll be viable in lightning rounds, but all my *** villains are at like 1-2 covers

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Raging Tempest only hits like a truck if all team members are below 50% HP. Otherwise she hits for about 1/8 of her maximum.

Things I love: Three minutes to go in a lightning round, closing in on top 8, and suddenly you see "You were attacked!" by someone random with 138 points.

Who's obviously not going for the 250-point token, much less placing well at all, but who just wants to be a dickhead. Added to my 'enemies for life' list.

Especially when, thanks to everyone else piling on, that was the difference between my ending up with a Villainous token (which would've at least given me a small shot at a Hood Yellow or Blue) and a Heroic (another loving Cap).

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
#1 in my SHIELD bracket is ~1900 and shielded. I'm hoping this serves as enough of a foothold for others to keep moving the ceiling up.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ratatozsk posted:

#1 in my SHIELD bracket is ~1900 and shielded. I'm hoping this serves as enough of a foothold for others to keep moving the ceiling up.

I'm pretty sure SHIELD is global, the only thing that are bracketed are the PvP events.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ratatozsk posted:

#1 in my bracket is 1300 shielded, but the bracket is behaving pretty much as I expected. The difference between #1 and #2 is over 500 points, and the difference between the people who are shielded (1-6) and the rest of the top 10 is over 200 points. Those who pay to keep their points while afk are the ones getting progression rewards and rank rewards, while those who don't are achieving the same level of points they did before the change except now their score only gets them into the top 50 rather than top 10.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I just broke 900 points in Double Shot and took 1st. I found a guy with a 140 IM 40/140 Hulk/115ish Grey Widow and ended the round fully healed with his IM 40 locked down and 17 strike tiles out at once. :laugh:

zamin
Jan 9, 2004
Just pulled a motherfuckin Red Rag (my first) from a Standard Token and then and Invisible Woman from a Heroic. That puts me at one cover each for Rag, guess I know where all my future HP is going.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
9 out of the top 10 in my double shot bracket are shielded. This is pretty loving lame.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
So, in the Double Shot tournament, why does my Iron Man have 950hp, while everyone else has one with 1900hp?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Man, shields are raising the leaderboards like crazy. 6/10 on my bracket are in the 600+ and shielded. Insane.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shroud posted:

So, in the Double Shot tournament, why does my Iron Man have 950hp, while everyone else has one with 1900hp?

Does he only have 950 in the actual match? The screen displays the wrong hit points when you're picking your team if you're using the default hero supplied for a tournament but they have the proper boosted stats in the match itself.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Man, shields are raising the leaderboards like crazy. 6/10 on my bracket are in the 600+ and shielded. Insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
I just reinstalled windows, and now i've copied mpq_save.dat over, i'm not showing either of the current events available. Has anyone experienced this issue before?

I have submitted a problem but that will take days for them to respond.