Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
look at those feet
yet another hosed up unattainable beauty standard for women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

boom boom boom posted:

they don't have any skin or muscles on them.

I just mean they're shaped all wrong.

Chiba City Blues posted:

look at those feet
yet another hosed up unattainable beauty standard for women

Feet like those are easily attainable with a sledgehammer as we saw in the fine film Misery.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
My store just got in a bunch of new makeup, some of it is these weird little stick things of gel blush and I just know it's gonna be broken safety seals as far as the eye can see and I'm gonna have to have tons of them written off for being gross and used and I already feel ultra vengeful about it all :saddowns:

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Pick posted:

Personally I'm watching those Medieval Lives videos so kindly linked :colbert:.

Yay, I have been watching these too. I'm up to damsel or knight. Minstrel is kinda boring though.

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

Have you watched the one for high gaylord?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Zeth posted:

My store just got in a bunch of new makeup, some of it is these weird little stick things of gel blush and I just know it's gonna be broken safety seals as far as the eye can see and I'm gonna have to have tons of them written off for being gross and used and I already feel ultra vengeful about it all :saddowns:

I'm sorry people are assholes and do that. Can you hide and watch for it and then jump out and scare folks doing it? Because that is awful and they should have to pay for it.

My meeting was silly. BIG BOSS apologized for making me anxious and needs one little task done and trusts me, so asked that I do it. This is actually good news, since he signs my annual evaluation and can help me get promoted. But SRSLY, if there were a company pyramid, I'm about 1/3 from the bottom and he is not the top, but 2nd.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
If I actually see them doing it I can ambush them and they always look super ashamed but sadly I have to cover a massive swath of the store ( basically the equivalent of about 3/4 of a good sized walgreens ) so I cannot afford to spend as much time lying in wait for makeup-ruining jerkbaskets as I want to.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
re makeup i was going through a box of old photos from when i was a teenager yesterday and i am absolutely going to buy somme electric blue mascara because that poo poo was the look

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Kimmalah posted:

I just mean they're shaped all wrong.

Yeah, that's dramatically too much space between the rib cage and the pelvis. It's creepy.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i dunno sometimes asians got really weird long streached out torsos and little stubby legs so maybe they are skeletons of asians

im exaggerating for comedic effect dont report me

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

NecroMonster posted:

i dunno sometimes asians got really weird long streached out torsos and little stubby legs so maybe they are skeletons of asians

I totally thought Asians, too, but mostly because the female is pigeon-toed.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
you guys

mug cakes

these are amazing

they are cakes that you make in a mug in the microwave which should totally not work but somehow does

this site has a few collected recipes that look really good: http://www.thekitchn.com/13-easy-mug-cakes-that-are-all-grown-up-195159

the one i made was based on this recipe http://jesspaigelchf.weebly.com/3/post/2013/07/lemon-meringue-mug-cake.html except i used normal ingredients and didn't bother with the meringue topping. very tasty.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

no

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 3, 2014

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Pick posted:

Yeah, that's dramatically too much space between the rib cage and the pelvis. It's creepy.

Anatomy nerds 4 life :hfive:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

toe knee hand posted:

you guys

mug cakes

these are amazing

they are cakes that you make in a mug in the microwave which should totally not work but somehow does

this site has a few collected recipes that look really good: http://www.thekitchn.com/13-easy-mug-cakes-that-are-all-grown-up-195159

the one i made was based on this recipe http://jesspaigelchf.weebly.com/3/post/2013/07/lemon-meringue-mug-cake.html except i used normal ingredients and didn't bother with the meringue topping. very tasty.

I want to make the chocolate hazelnut one, but I don't have any applesauce. :(

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

amarantinesky posted:

These look really awesome but I figured they have to taste bad because microwaved cakes. Are they actually delicious? I've always seen it with real foods, I think, but again I'm wary of mug food.

Also, that recipe uses coconut flour. How is that a thing?

i think coconut flour is just finely ground dried coconut. i did not use coconut flour, i used normal flour. i also used vegetable oil instead of olive oil because holy poo poo olive oil in a sweet thing, really? people tend to go overboard with "oh this thing is healthier than this thing and they are vaguely similar in some way so i will substitute it and it'll work just fine!!!"

i thought mine turned out really well considering all i did was put some things in a mug, stir, and microwave. some of them take like 10-15 minutes of prep which seems excessive.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I was about to say something about the ridiculousness of putting meringue on a mug cake ... but I looked at that recipe and it looks as healthy as a mug cake can be, so I take back my initial thoughts.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
My boyfriend and I went out to a hibachi steakhouse thing for his birthday and we were the only two at the whole table
we had a very old almost unintelligible chef who was hitting on me
he sung in his native language while cooking and hosed up the onion volcano and rambled on about his life in his home country before he ran away
he was super cool

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

Did you report his attempted rape to the police

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
What's an onion volcano? Like the onion blossom thing?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

grapey posted:

rings of onion stacked on top of each other w/fire in middle

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

grapey posted:

It's when the chef takes a raw onion and separates the rings and stacks them so they make a cone
then they pour some magic poo poo down the middle and light it on fire so it spews fire out the top of the hole :haw:

he had only 3 rings which were out of order and just lit the whole thing on fire instead

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

that prolly made it better

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

All Of The Dicks posted:

Have you watched the one for high gaylord?

The one about the Richards? That was fun.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I got some BB cream because I keep seeing people mention it and oh my god I don't have shadows under my eyes anymore this poo poo is magic

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Portals posted:

I got some BB cream because I keep seeing people mention it and oh my god I don't have shadows under my eyes anymore this poo poo is magic

Love me some BB cream. I like Smashbox myself but I think I need to find one with just a touch less oil.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Bb cream is great.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Bb cream is great.

I loved the goon who thought BB cream was dirty because he thought it stood for "bareback." :v:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Bb cream is great.

So is Luigi

where do you think the bros get their shinyness

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

Putty posted:

So is Luigi

where do you think the bros get their shinyness

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i'm hooked on the brothers

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Putty posted:

i'm hooked on the brothers

I am too after that pic. Although I have the sneaking suspicion they'd be more into each other than me.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it's normal for a plunger to smell like poo poo just not from that end

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I just bought some BB cream. (don't read lady thread drunk and then go to the Sephora site.) :10bux: :20bux: ;-*

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

poopkitty posted:

I just bought some BB cream. (don't read lady thread drunk and then go to the Sephora site.) :10bux: :20bux: ;-*

I went the super cheapo route and got a $5 bottle from kmart

it's probably way worse than the expensive stuff but hey it seems to work fine

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

Sephora is a satanic pit filled with overly friendly women that always want to make me over and suck all my money from me and oh god I have a problem help me. :(

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Sonrisa posted:

Sephora is a satanic pit filled with overly friendly women that always want to make me over and suck all my money from me and oh god I have a problem help me. :(

I really wanted a sephora x nail polish but I went there and gently caress if I'm paying over $12 for a mass-produced bottle of polish (even if it is really cool looking)

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Oooh, I really like that

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Chiba City Blues posted:

It's when the chef takes a raw onion and separates the rings and stacks them so they make a cone
then they pour some magic poo poo down the middle and light it on fire so it spews fire out the top of the hole :haw:

he had only 3 rings which were out of order and just lit the whole thing on fire instead

When nobody is looking the janitor likes to play chef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Portals posted:

I really wanted a sephora x nail polish but I went there and gently caress if I'm paying over $12 for a mass-produced bottle of polish (even if it is really cool looking)

Ooh. Nail polish envy. I am only allowed to wear pale pinks and nudes at work. I only bother on vacations and the occasional long weekend.

• Locked thread