Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I missed this when it happened :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shark-bitch5000
Oct 26, 2010

T. Finninho posted:

There were a few good ones from this game

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

T. Finninho posted:

I love Luis Suarez.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

T. Finninho posted:

I'm reminded of the grapefruit episode of Seinfeld.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
i would drink mate with Suarez any day

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Weaponized Cum posted:

i would drink mate with Suarez any day

I heard most people drink mate so they could poo poo while out being gauchos eating a massive tonne of meat. Is this true?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hecko posted:

Time to repost this:

That's beautiful

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Alex_R posted:

That's beautiful

It was my wallpaper for like 6 months

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Not really sure where to post it but this site interviews British managers abroad and its pretty cool imo.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Scott Bakula posted:

Not really sure where to post it but this site interviews British managers abroad and its pretty cool imo.

http://www.britishcoachesabroad.com/new-gary-white-interview/

Just read this one and it was really interesting.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

A friend of mine went to Argentina for vacation a few years ago. She plays soccer, but doesn't follow the professional leagues. She decided that watching a match at La Bombonera was an experience she couldn't miss. Somehow they got seats on a tier directly below the visiting supporters. During the entire match, no one sat down, the songs never stopped, and a steady flow of objects (both liquid and solid) fell from above. After the match, they were not allowed to leave for 45 minutes in order to make sure the visiting fans had completely evacuated. She said those fans apparently urinated on every surface of the exit tunnel as they left.

I mention it now because she told me, "There was one Boca player, Number 10--every single time he touched the ball the already noisy crowd just erupted with cheers."

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

oh em gee bee ess posted:

I heard most people drink mate so they could poo poo while out being gauchos eating a massive tonne of meat. Is this true?

I've never heard that, we still eat massive amounts of meat though, around 60 kilos of beef per capita/year.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

oh em gee bee ess posted:

His failure at Barcelona and his subsequent revival at Villareal is one of the better stories in all of football. The only player somewhat similar to him is Pirlo and Pirlo is nothing compared to Riquelme.

I'm sorry but what? Pirlo is amazing

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Riqueme is hated by all of Argentina sans boca fans because he's a "pecho frio", always playing like poo poo for the national time. Hence the name "Tristelme", the sad one.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Weaponized Cum posted:

Riqueme is hated by all of Argentina sans boca fans because he's a "pecho frio", always playing like poo poo for the national time. Hence the name "Tristelme", the sad one.

I don't think you have heard, but international football is a commercial shitfest so what are these Argentinians whining about?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

DickEmery posted:

Harsh yellow.
Hips never went above the horizontal.

This joke suitable for the one other Welshman on the internet only.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

oliwan posted:

I don't think you have heard, but international football is a commercial shitfest so what are these Argentinians whining about?

You are insufferable

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

oliwan posted:

I'm sure that your fetal alcohol syndrome and 6th grade education thought that was a Great Post full of Irony and Cool Stuff but you should shut the gently caress up

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Weaponized Cum posted:

They just hate him because he doesn't play for their team. He played pretty well for the national time, when he wasn't being a primadonna and retired from international football because he didn't like what the press or Maradona or whatever said about him. When he wants to play and is in good physical shape he's unstoppable, but only manage to play one every 5 o 6 games.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
He was amazing at the Beijing Olympics even if he was beating up on a bunch of U23s with Messi and Di Maria.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
He was amazing during the 2007 Copa America too, thing is the whole Argentinian team shat their pants once they saw they were playing Brazil in the final.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I remember him single handedly loving up Brazil but I have no idea what competition the game was played in.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

oliwan posted:

Let me guess, people badmouthing international football tournaments, Holland play in international football tournaments, therefore people are badmouthing Dutch football and that makes you mad.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

Ninpo posted:

Let me guess, people badmouthing international football tournaments, Holland play in international football tournaments, therefore people are badmouthing Dutch football and that makes you mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PO2q6-6BfY

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ninpo posted:

yeah

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

:allears:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Leroy Fer laughes like a proper mentalist

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
https://vine.co/v/h3bpqI9VhgA

Roger Johnson gives a lesson in how not to defend.

Falling in a heap on the floor in front of Toure would have been more effective...

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Falling in a heap on the floor in front of Toure would have been more effective...

lol just get in his loving way

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Oh my god

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Jesus christ that's abysmal defending. No wonder he's a kiss of death.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
Almost as bad as this, at least he tries to stay in front of Toure...

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

sircozzie posted:

Almost as bad as this, at least he tries to stay in front of Toure...

The Johnson one is worse IMO.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Amazing. I listened to the game on the radio, the announcers were tearing him to pieces, but they still didn't convey just how laughable that was.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat

Eboracum posted:

The Johnson one is worse IMO.

Messi runs in a straight line and the centre back just ran past him and allowed him to shoot.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

trem_two posted:

Amazing. I listened to the game on the radio, the announcers were tearing him to pieces, but they still didn't convey just how laughable that was.

I almost felt sorry for him, can't have been many worse defensive debuts, not since Johnathan Woodgate scored an own goal and got sent off on his Real Madrid debut

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

TheGoatFeeder posted:

lmao I love how he makes sure to constantly maintain that 3 yard gap between him and the guy he's supposedly trying to tackle.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
this reminds me of

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt4hSiNf4gs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Adulterous Hitler posted:

this reminds me of

At least he pretends to fall over so he can blame his incompetence on something else.

• Locked thread