Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Fisticuffs posted:

That is fascinating; I didn't know squid could have badass hooks. See, I know you have it in you. You just need to share it with the rest of us. You will come back a better and stronger poster from this misstep, like when Jordan tried to play baseball(lmao baldy).

Pick is a Bo Jackson imo, she can post however she wants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

i own a humboldt squid beak

humboldt bragger

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

AriadneThread posted:

Imagine if squid could fly
The Smithsonian has a hellish vampire squid thing hanging from the ceiling. It is unnerving.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

AriadneThread posted:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_flying_squid

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
homboldt squid have literally ripped people to pieces and eaten their flesh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fkl312lldQ

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

if you aren't posting what you want, where you want, why are you even posting.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

AriadneThread posted:

That's be cool. those little translucent squids, jetting through the air, eating mosquitos and stuff? That'd be great

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

if you aren't posting what you want, where you want, why are you even posting.

you are a wise man

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

This is literally a horror movie.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 4, 2014

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pick posted:

When you fish for them we use full rain suits and goggles because they are capable of squirting ink at your eyes. I've heard they are pretty fun to catch but can be down right dangerous to handle bringing on board.

Also milk breaks down ammonia in shark meat I wonder it works on giant squid.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

a girl gave me a massage today. jelly?

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
Yeah. I got stuck in a snow bank on Tuesday and spent like 2 hours pushing my car to where it could get some traction(maybe 4 or 5 feet? 10?). Yesterday I was more sore than I have ever been in my life. I am still very sore today. I don't know if a massage would help any though, I may still be too tender.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
how much did you pay for it?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

my pain was payment enonugh

Dirtbag Diva
May 27, 2005
So is this still a lady thread? I'm waiting for my Jeopardy qualifying test and got some time to kill.

I picked up a super expensive tube of Ko Gen Doh at Sephora thinking it would make me look like Britta from Community but instead I looked like I threw my face into a stack of flour yaya.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pick posted:

i own a humboldt squid beak

Are there any random animal parts you don't own?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Are there any random animal parts you don't own?

I know a guy who buys/sells taxidermy for a living. I have a certain amount of money set aside for if he finds me anything legal made of okapi.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

pick has an illegal collection of poached ivory

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
sounds about right

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Torka posted:

pick has an illegal collection of poached ivory

I have a legally tagged pre-convention walrus tusk and a large piece of mammoth ivory. Elephant ivory is wrong, there's too much risk it's recent and funding poaching. Not much poaching of mammoth though.

e: and hippo ivory and warthog "ivory"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pick posted:

I have a legally tagged pre-convention walrus tusk and a large piece of mammoth ivory. Elephant ivory is wrong, there's too much risk it's recent and funding poaching. Not much poaching of mammoth though.

Congratulations on supporting the Paleo-Indians' war against Gaia, you carnist.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Pick posted:

e: and hippo ivory and warthog "ivory"

Pick I need you to stop posting because I'm getting real jealous of your exciting and exotic life at this point

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Catching up, Good Morning, Ladythread!

Squids taste yummy but if you let them overcook they are very chewy.

I like to let my ladybits run the gamut, I started trimming them because I don't like dealing with them. Mr.Kitty could care less and is always surprised.

I also do not like birds.

I am standing the most BORING watch today as a direct result of my "I think I'm in trouble" meeting yesterday.

E:
Also, I want a taxidermy. Not sure of what, but if they make capybara, probably that.

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 9, 2014

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
from now on on forms where i have to say what i do i'm gonna say "mammoth poacher"

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
pick is collecting animal parts like soren bowie did to build the ultimate super animal hellbent on man-struction

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
WIKIPEDIA: THE FREE ENCYCLOPEDIA. Illustration by Billy, age 9.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

poopkitty posted:

Catching up, Good Morning, Ladythread!

Squids taste yummy but if you let them overcook they are very chewy.

I like to let my ladybits run the gamut, I started trimming them because I don't like dealing with them. Mr.Kitty could care less and is always surprised.

I also do not like birds.

I am standing the most BORING watch today as a direct result of my "I think I'm in trouble" meeting yesterday.

E:
Also, I want a taxidermy. Not sure of what, but if they make capybara, probably that.

So you're saying you were in trouble after all :ohdear:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

Pick I need you to stop posting because I'm getting real jealous of your exciting and exotic life at this point

I get to say, "Hey, you want to come back to my place and see my platypus? ;-*" to men and then friendzone them with a dead monotreme.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i see that putty read cracked at some point

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Pick posted:

friendzone them with a dead monotreme.

that happens to every guy at some point, it's just a part of growing up

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I think it's impossible not to have read Cracked at some point.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Cracked can be a good jumping-off point for finding out about things you should research yourself.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Pick posted:

omg omg omg.

One day I hope I'm wealthy enough to have a big mammoth tusk on my mantelpiece.
I saw one that was a few feet long online but it was like $10,000 :(

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i want to buy a taxidermy alligator head off etsy but, like, how likely is it that all of those gators were poached and/or would never be let through customs because they've been terribly, terribly done? i would say: extremely

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

VanSandman posted:

Also somebody bought me this av because I used to post a lot in the feminism thread in E/N until I realized I was posting in the feminism thread in E/N. Feminism owns, threads about it and E/N subforums do not.

incorrecto, the old lf autonomous women's thread owned and was full of feminisms. you just had to ignore khamsek and all the other horrid terfs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bathroom sounds posted:

omg omg omg.

One day I hope I'm wealthy enough to have a big mammoth tusk on my mantelpiece.
I saw one that was a few feet long online but it was like $10,000 :(

Ha ha ripoff. I've seen them for $2K.

e: this one is $3,200, which is a lot for its size but it's really nicely done.

Pick fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 9, 2014

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

haha Khamsek i forgot all about that person

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fruity Gordo posted:

i want to buy a taxidermy alligator head off etsy but, like, how likely is it that all of those gators were poached and/or would never be let through customs because they've been terribly, terribly done? i would say: extremely

The reason there are so many alligator heads on eBay is that they're farmed gators. They used to just throw the heads away (they're not usable for purses and stuff). It's the same reason you can find fox faces on eBay. Fur scrap, unusable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I don't know how I feel about taxidermy, seems disrespectful but to each their own.

• Locked thread