Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

So wait, what camera is projecting Electro's face onto the Times Square billboard? Is it SPIDER-MAN'S MINI FINGERTIP CAMERA?!?!?!?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I guess the power of electricity allows him to do that sort of thing.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mister Chief posted:

I guess the power of electricity allows him to do that sort of thing.

Ah. So he's got sort of a Johnny Depp-in-Transcendence type of thing going?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bit soon for another Dragonball Z movie, no?

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
Has this been posted?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Remember when Spider-Man threw Palpatine into Times Square to redeem himself

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

schwenz posted:

Has this been posted?

Interesting. I loved the original version and didn't think it needed a remake, but I'll definitely watch.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BonoMan posted:

Interesting. I loved the original version and didn't think it needed a remake, but I'll definitely watch.

I am pretty sure that its just returning to Broadway.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Did anyone at any point look at Jamie Foxx and go, "Holy poo poo we turned him into Mr. Freeze"?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Did anyone at any point look at Jamie Foxx and go, "Holy poo poo we turned him into Mr. Freeze"?

If he doesn't make thunder and electricity puns, I will be disappointed.

"Spider-Man, you just got...THUNDERSTRUCK!!!" :science:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

"This world has been so static; I'm going to shock it awake. You think you know what follows thunder Spider-man? ITS ME!"

Actual dialogue.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

PriorMarcus posted:

"This world has been so static; I'm going to shock it awake. You think you know what follows thunder Spider-man? ITS ME!"

Actual dialogue.

Do you know what happens to a spider when it's struck by lightning?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

... No?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

The same thing that happens to everything else.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

The same thing that happens to everything else.

:hfive:

That was beautiful.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Coffee And Pie posted:

It croaks! :downsrim:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh..duh. The credit style at the bottom should have tipped me off (and NPH). Also it's the movie poster thread so I sort of knee jerked to that.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

I'm pretty sure that's the exact same Electro image from the first poster. It still looks terrible, like they ripped him out of a video game.

Still supremely unexcited for this

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Still supremely unexcited for this

I'm excited to see Sony attempt their own Avengers but it'll be with villains (The Sinister Six).

Not excited because it'll be good. Just the opposite.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the exact same Electro image from the first poster. It still looks terrible, like they ripped him out of a video game.

The bottom right hand corner of his electricity burst is lined up with the city street in that poster and half of the glow effect has been left on this one.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

bobkatt013 posted:

What's going on lately with film and TV actors being in Broadway musicals or plays that have promotional posters that look like movie posters? That was the first one today, and here's the second in the same day:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

King Vidiot posted:

What's going on lately with film and TV actors being in Broadway musicals or plays that have promotional posters that look like movie posters? That was the first one today, and here's the second in the same day:

That's kind of terrific casting.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

King Vidiot posted:

Wanna watch the poo poo out of that.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
Seeing the NPH as Hedwig poster is making me seriously consider buying some broadway tickets, and it has been a very long time since I've considered doing that. So if it is a new marketing technique, it's working on me.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

This is the first I've realized it's 'inch' not 'itch'. Only having read the wikipedia article... it made sense up till this point. :shlick:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

King Vidiot posted:

Lennie - "We gonna grow da chronic, George, we is, and get high off the land."
George - "That's right Lennie."
Lennie - "Tell me about the bongs, George. PLEASE! Tell me about the bongs!"
George - "Well sir, we'll craft the finest bongs you ever seen. But you be careful, Lennie. You squeeze them bongs too hard, you gonna break them."
Lennie - "No, George, no! I be careful. I'll love them, and stroke them, and take good care of them bongs."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Lennie - "We gonna grow da chronic, George, we is, and get high off the land."
George - "That's right Lennie."
Lennie - "Tell me about the bongs, George. PLEASE! Tell me about the bongs!"
George - "Well sir, we'll craft the finest bongs you ever seen. But you be careful, Lennie. You squeeze them bongs too hard, you gonna break them."
Lennie - "No, George, no! I be careful. I'll love them, and stroke them, and take good care of them bongs."

Adapted by Kevin Smith.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

kiimo posted:

Adapted by Kevin Smith.

"George smoked 37 bongs!"
"In a row?"

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Those are the prettiest migrant workers I've ever seen.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

I want to see this trainwreck so badly.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Chris O'Dowd? Wait, isn't he one of the vice squad detectives from Hot Fuzz?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I want to see this trainwreck so badly.

You mean drat Masterpiece, I assume. Because it couldn't be anything else.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Young Freud posted:

Yeah, he's a British comedic actor, also known for being Roy in The IT Crowd.

The other guy being someone known for playing a pothead and a drug-dealing rapper.

In Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men.

God, I wish I could see it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

King Vidiot posted:

The other guy being someone known for playing a pothead and a drug-dealing rapper.

He is doing it because its his wife's favorite book.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

King Vidiot posted:

I kinda feel like James Franco is known for a lot more than just his roles in Pineapple Express and Spring Breakers. Dude makes a lot of movies.

O'Dowd, however, is shamefully unknown. If people haven't seen The IT Crowd, he's "Irish guy from Bridesmaids."

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Young Freud posted:

Are you thinking of Paddy Considine?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

King Vidiot posted:

I'm guessing that O'Dowd is going to drop the brouge for playing Lenny because if he doesn't no one in the audience will be able to keep a straight face. It'd be like the Work Outing episode if IT Crowd ("Ai'm disaboled!").

If he doesn't, though, I'll be first in line for tickets.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Are you thinking of Paddy Considine?

Yeah, I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

lelandjs posted:

I'm guessing that O'Dowd is going to drop the brouge for playing Lenny because if he doesn't no one in the audience will be able to keep a straight face. It'd be like the Work Outing episode if IT Crowd ("Ai'm disaboled!").

If he doesn't, though, I'll be first in line for tickets.

I'm not sure whether Chris O'Dowd can do other accents.
There are certain actors who never put on accents - it's rare, but there are a few out there (who aren't American!) For instance, Colin Firth has..on my recollection, only done an accent that wasn't his own once, and it was extremely...disturbing. Whenever they have a movie set in America, they just accept that he's British and run with it.

It makes me wonder, do some actors escape ever having to do another accent because they can't, or because they're so well known with their original accent that people will specifically go out of their way to cast them if they want an Irish or British or German or whatever actor? I mean..Colin Firth's texan accent sounded alright to me, but it was just..wrong having it come out of the mouth of Colin Firth.