Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Pick posted:

Yeah, usually about 80:20 calories by gathering/hunting respectively. Again, similar to chimpanzees who eat a lot of fruits and veggies but by GOD they loving love flesh.

I'm waiting for people who smugly do the paleo diet to step it up by replicating the way of life 100%.

Bonus: they'd die before 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
when i was a kid we got to go visit some baby orangutans who were getting rehabilitated to be released in the wild. those fuckers were STRONG, also one of them stole my hat, put it on the tallest tree nearby, and then pointed at me and laughed.

kind of a microcosm of my life tbh

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

a dozen swans posted:

when i was a kid we got to go visit some baby orangutans who were getting rehabilitated to be released in the wild. those fuckers were STRONG, also one of them stole my hat, put it on the tallest tree nearby, and then pointed at me and laughed.

kind of a microcosm of my life tbh

what an rear end in a top hat

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Anoia posted:

I'm waiting for people who smugly do the paleo diet to step it up by replicating the way of life 100%.

Bonus: they'd die before 30.

they don't want to it's an excuse to eat suet

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

pixelbaron posted:

what an rear end in a top hat

basically none of them were ever rehabilitated enough to actually survive in the wild without human assistance so I'm not too angry at it. also it was a lovely hat and i got the story of the time the orangutan baby stole my hat so it's all good.

Camp Leakey, though, gently caress is that place ever cool. A friend of mine did her research in primate social dynamics and got to spend some time there, apparently it rocks.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Leakey's Angels

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

vaguely posted:

^ Since following this thread I started wearing lipstick, trying to have a more stylish/professional wardrobe instead of the 15-year-old-tomboy look I've been walking around in for years, and am not as averse to maybe considering foundation for very special occasions. Ladythread, you have broken me

I like to think my spreading the gospel of EFFORT has made a real positive impact on everyone.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Pick posted:

they don't want to it's an excuse to eat suet

Oh god I saw a paleo diet oatmeal recipe that was basically like regular sweet oatmeal except it had chunks of ground beef in it. :barf:

Pick posted:

Leakey's Angels

Haha oh the Leakeys. My physical anthro professor used to joke that Mary Leakey looked like Mark Mothersbaugh. :haw:

Also I had a primatology class that made us go to a zoo to observe primate behavior for a project. The lion-tailed macaque assigned to my classmate just sat around masturbating the whole time looking really bored. Right over my head too. There was also some other kind of macaque loving right in front of a bunch of little school children.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Kimmalah posted:

Oh god I saw a paleo diet oatmeal recipe that was basically like regular sweet oatmeal except it had chunks of ground beef in it. :barf:

i mean beef and barley stew is ... kind of a thing. and savory oatmeal is a thing. This sounds like it's ALMOST a food, but not quite.

:smith:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Cooked ground beef I hope :stare:

This is why this thread is cool, it can be make up or mega fauna

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

A Tin Of Beans posted:

i mean beef and barley stew is ... kind of a thing. and savory oatmeal is a thing. This sounds like it's ALMOST a food, but not quite.

:smith:

Yeah I don't know it might be good, but reading the recipe it just sounded like someone just tossed meat in it to "make it paleo."

Edit: Okay I misremembered, it's actually sweet potatoes and ground beef Which is still gross to me because I hate sweet potatoes and it literally looks like vomit mixed with poop.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 9, 2014

with extra cheese
Oct 27, 2010
Is bulletproof coffee a paleo thing? Because that I just don't get. Butter and coconut oil in my coffee? Sure that sounds great. :barf:

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

with extra cheese posted:

Is bulletproof coffee a paleo thing? Because that I just don't get. Butter and coconut oil in my coffee? Sure that sounds great. :barf:

Oh my god people do that? Wouldn't the butter just leave a giant grease slick ontop of the coffee?

My stomach is rolling at just the thought of throwing butter into my coffee, ugh

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

with extra cheese posted:

It's a stupid biohacker thing. Lots of people would rather take the proffered silver bullet of 'hey drink this disgusting buttersludge' but not the more realistic 'hey if you change your diet and exercise patterns slowly but sustainably that will actually work'. Also the bulletproof exec dude is super into alt med stuff, iirc. Nootropics are allegedly the real deal though.

Also Tibetan yak's butter tea is a good example of 'butter in hot beverage isn't super gross' but the bulletproof coffee thing is just 'man saturated fats feel good'.

with extra cheese
Oct 27, 2010

Women's Rights? posted:

Oh my god people do that? Wouldn't the butter just leave a giant grease slick ontop of the coffee?

My stomach is rolling at just the thought of throwing butter into my coffee, ugh

Not just any butter, but ~grass-fed~ butter because :jerkbag:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Women's Rights? posted:

What the gently caress IS this poo poo?

quote:

So I use the lowest toxin, highest performance coffee there is (I know, because I created it and tested it!), brew it, and then I blend unsalted grass-fed butter into it, along with an extract of coconut oil that improves brain energy. Yes, butter. All the benefits of healthy milk fat with none of the damaging denatured casein proteins found in cream. It makes for the creamiest, most satisfying cup of coffee you’ve ever had. It will keep you satisfied with level energy for 6 hours if you need it. And because I’m having it for breakfast, I’m programming my body to burn fat for energy all day long!

I guess the guy got the idea from Tibetan yak butter tea, but jesus loving christ that's pure crazy mixed with gross. Also probably not very paleo because they don't like dairy or processed oils (and probably not coffee either if I had to guess).

I'm loving the :techno: high tech coffee improves BRAIN ENERGY :techno: thing though.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 9, 2014

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
Oh he tested it. That means he's a scientist, so I trust him.

Time to butter up my coffee cup and watch the pounds melt away as I also get smarter. YAY SCIENCE!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Women's Rights? posted:

Oh he tested it. That means he's a scientist, so I trust him.

Time to butter up my coffee cup and watch the pounds melt away as I also get smarter. YAY SCIENCE!

It probably will make you lose weight via making GBS threads your guts out for up to SIX HOURS A DAY!!

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I think butter in coffee was a Thing in certain places before paleo or Joe Rogan's psuedoscientific new agey nonsense. But if the idea is that the fat content helps slow down the digestion of caffeine, I don't see how it's any different than using cream.

I'd like to try it though. I don't think it sounds that gross at all, assuming you're not putting in an entire stick of butter.

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

I sometimes put butter in my morning tea when I am feeling particularly rugged and smoky.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
gonna start a fad diet that just consists of eating tapeworm eggs every day for months.

i'll be rich.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
It's cute you don't think people already do that to lose weight. :3:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

pixelbaron posted:

gonna start a fad diet that just consists of eating tapeworm eggs every day for months.

i'll be rich.

high in protein

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

bathroom sounds posted:

I think butter in coffee was a Thing in certain places before paleo or Joe Rogan's psuedoscientific new agey nonsense. But if the idea is that the fat content helps slow down the digestion of caffeine, I don't see how it's any different than using cream.

I'd like to try it though. I don't think it sounds that gross at all, assuming you're not putting in an entire stick of butter.

Did you not read my quote? Cream is full of "damaging denatured casein proteins." Stuff BIG DAIRY doesn't want you to know. :tinfoil:

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

pixelbaron posted:

i'll be rich.

loving fda shutting down our options for weight loss, THANKS OBAMA

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

bathroom sounds posted:

I don't see how it's any different than using cream.r.

but cream has damaging denatured casein proteins, look at that name, casein, you just know that's some awful chemical poo poo :byodame: so much less natural than butter!!!!!

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 4, 2014

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

killstealing posted:

high in protein

we have good news and we have bad news

the bad news is your entire digestive system is a undulating mass of tapeworms

the good news is you look faaaabulous

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

amarantinesky posted:

Grass-fed butter, heh. I want to put some milk in this guy's coffee and laugh.

Wild sticks of butter, grazing majestically on the Great Plains.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 4, 2014

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

pixelbaron posted:

we have good news and we have bad news

the bad news is your entire digestive system is a undulating mass of tapeworms

the good news is you look faaaabulous

niclosamide makes me fat

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Kimmalah posted:

Wild sticks of butter, grazing majestically on the Great Plains.

camera slowly zooms in on the face of an obese racist caricature of native american. a single tear rolls down his cheek

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

amarantinesky posted:

I bet our ancestors hunted these out too! :argh:

Yep, killed off by the Land-O-Lakes tribe.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
The Paleo diet is just a low carb diet with added roleplaying fluff so basically I'm starting the LARP Diet where each real world protein is assigned to a fantasy animal and you can't eat certain proteins until you're sufficiently high level (because otherwise you'd be too weak to kill the creature/monster, you see). Watch for my eCook Book on Amazon.

That's right, Ladies' Thread. I will soon be Darcy-esque millionaire bachelor so you had best queue up while you can.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

bathroom sounds posted:

The Paleo diet is just a low carb diet with added roleplaying fluff so basically I'm starting the LARP Diet where each real world protein is assigned to a fantasy animal and you can't eat certain proteins until you're sufficiently high level (because otherwise you'd be too weak to kill the creature/monster, you see). Watch for my eCook Book on Amazon.

That's right, Ladies' Thread. I will soon be Darcy-esque millionaire bachelor so you had best queue up while you can.

you could prob make some kind of diet app that does that with an RPG theme and make millions but you'll have to give me a cut of it now because i helped i'm the idea guy

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 4, 2014

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

bathroom sounds posted:

Haha Paleo Dating - Your money and success indicate genetic fitness so let us mate. :allears:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

pixelbaron posted:

you could prob make some kind of diet app that does that with an RPG theme and make millions but you'll have to give me a cut of it now because i helped i'm the idea guy
You're getting Zuckerberg'd was we speak. I'll see you in court.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
i look forward to the award winning movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I want in on this poo poo

• Locked thread