Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Ducktales Blogger posted:

It could be much better only if Sal had a clue how to cook and Richard had a clue how to talk about beer and either of them had a clue how to host a show
I love Richard but he was harrible. If he could have talked up the beer he was drinking that would've been so much more interesting. And yeah, Sal sucked too. That show has potential to be funny...hopefully they get their poo poo together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Admitting that you've relapsed before is a good first step, that's for sure. Old Artie wouldn't have ever admitted that.

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet

Sasquatch! posted:

I love Richard but he was harrible. If he could have talked up the beer he was drinking that would've been so much more interesting. And yeah, Sal sucked too. That show has potential to be funny...hopefully they get their poo poo together.

They've become the public access show idiots that they mock, basically.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Sal and Richard are hilarious but an online cooking show isn't even in the Ballpark for being the right outlet for them.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

That said though, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I've at least thought about trying to make those sliders...

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Get a Rachel Fine cooking show with Giada's wardrobe mmkay

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
And a really low cooking table

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Are there any other podcasts besides Artie's that might appeal to the Stern fan?

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet

Finndo posted:

Are there any other podcasts besides Artie's that might appeal to the Stern fan?

DVDASA is basically the same sort of atmosphere as old school Stern but instead of an old neurotic rich Jew the host is a 30-something rich sex-obsessed Korean.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Squashy Nipples posted:

Oh god, the "Mickey" song parody with that football coaches hollering... I laughed myself sick, I almost puked up my breakfast.

I tend to like the random, stupid poo poo the best.

EDIT:
I was getting sick of Hanzi's meltdowns, but this one is amusing, he is really out of sorts. I dunno, maybe I'm just starved for live show.

liknk? I love Hanzi

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I'm glad Howard tried actual golf over his vacation and realized he's not some kind of prodigy. Anybody can hit the driving range and smack a few balls around no problem. He didn't even know about the different clubs, though he was probably just exaggerating.

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I'm glad Howard tried actual golf over his vacation and realized he's not some kind of prodigy. Anybody can hit the driving range and smack a few balls around no problem. He didn't even know about the different clubs, though he was probably just exaggerating.

Did he say he wants to do it again because if he starts obsessing over golf instead of photography, we'll be robbed of the last funny thing he has ever done

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
I don't know, videos of Howard trying to actually play golf could be really entertaining, given that he seems like one of the least athletic people on the planet.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Oh boy, here's a doozy to listen to this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFEZpLoAHpg

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Wow Bobo is a stupid gently caress. Not knowing Shakespeare did Romeo and Juliet? Really? I thought not knowing a leap year comes every 4 years was bad, but Christ that guy is retarded.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Wow Bobo is a stupid gently caress. Not knowing Shakespeare did Romeo and Juliet? Really? I thought not knowing a leap year comes every 4 years was bad, but Christ that guy is retarded.

Bobo's not so stupid!

edit: I loving hate Bobo, he is my all time least favorite regular caller to the show.

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 7, 2014

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

an adult beverage posted:

Bobo's not so stupid!

edit: I loving hate Bobo, he is my all team least favorite regular caller to the show.

Has anyone who's actually intelligent ever said "<insert name> isn't so stupid afterall!"

edit: The Vinny Favale Love Tapes never fail to make me shudder in disgust. It's even worse when you find a YouTube clip with both audio and video.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 8, 2014

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Did he use the Video Caddy?

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
Did anyone here listen to Artie's interview on WTF with Marc Maron? It reminded me of all the best Artie moments of the show when he was in his prime. In his honor I'm listening to Artie fight with Sal & Richard - and it's surprising how vicious it got between Sal & Artie. Anybody know if they ever made up?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

picosecond posted:

Did anyone here listen to Artie's interview on WTF with Marc Maron? It reminded me of all the best Artie moments of the show when he was in his prime. In his honor I'm listening to Artie fight with Sal & Richard - and it's surprising how vicious it got between Sal & Artie. Anybody know if they ever made up?

Did the fight take place during the throes of Artie's addiction? I'd like to think he apologized to a lot of the people he went off on during that time, or at the very least realized what a maniac he was acting like. He doesn't mention Sal too much in his latest book.

Also, at the very end of the book, he finally comes clean about his suicide attempt and how his story of "just wanting to sleep" was BS. I wonder if he actually thinks anyone believed his story to begin with.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 9, 2014

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Robin became SUPERHUMAN while taking chemo...

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

haljordan posted:

Did the fight take place during the throes of Artie's addiction? I'd like to think he apologized to a lot of the people he went off on during that time, or at the very least realized what a maniac he was acting like. He doesn't mention Sal too much in his latest book.

Also, at the very end of the book, he finally comes clean about his suicide attempt and how his story of "just wanting to sleep" was BS. I wonder if he actually thinks anyone believed his story to begin with.

He's a junkie, they think nobody can ever see through their carefully crafted veil of BS ever. He passed off nodding-out as having a sugar crash, anyone that wasn't being willfully stupid could see what was happening.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Indolent Bastard posted:

He's a junkie, they think nobody can ever see through their carefully crafted veil of BS ever. He passed off nodding-out as having a sugar crash, anyone that wasn't being willfully stupid could see what was happening.

Plus it didn't help that Howard basically made a big joke of it and let the guy sleep on air. Good radio, maybe, but it kind of trivializes just how close to dying Artie was (and probably still is).

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

haljordan posted:

Plus it didn't help that Howard basically made a big joke of it and let the guy sleep on air. Good radio, maybe, but it kind of trivializes just how close to dying Artie was (and probably still is).

Hey man, whatever, that's not my deal. I'm not the boss of heroin. I'm sure he will be fine. That's his deal.

So anyways, Robin, how could anyone not take in and care for a cat, it's just beyond me. People that won't live out on the streets with their cats because they had to move to a cheaper place that doesn't accept pets are just low, how could you just toss away a member of your family like that!

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

So, according to Robin, taking vitamins is stupid, but getting candy rubbed all over you on the side of the road is good?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

picosecond posted:

It's a shame we won't see people like Sal or Richard on the Artie Lange Show until Howard quits for good.

Performula
Apr 7, 2009

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

It's a shame we won't see people like Sal or Richard on the Artie Lange Show until Howard quits for good.

Shuli was on that show. Are they restricted from appearing on his show or something?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Performula posted:

Shuli was on that show. Are they restricted from appearing on his show or something?

Was he? That's cool, then. I just imagine Howard would not be a fan of a bunch of his employees going on Artie's show.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Was he? That's cool, then. I just imagine Howard would not be a fan of a bunch of his employees going on Artie's show.

Sal and Richard have been at Artie's show before. Artie alluded to having some friends in that day, and a caller brought up Sal and was quickly hushed.

Not sure why but I can see Howard not wanting any crossover.

What did Artie and Shuli talk about when he was on?

Performula
Apr 7, 2009

Cucktales Blogger posted:

Sal and Richard have been at Artie's show before. Artie alluded to having some friends in that day, and a caller brought up Sal and was quickly hushed.

Not sure why but I can see Howard not wanting any crossover.

What did Artie and Shuli talk about when he was on?

It's been a while since I saw it, so I honestly couldn't say. Here's the first half of his appearance though.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LG3yG4tnKg

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

This may be the funniest video on the internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjZU7YZIwqU

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Brocktoon posted:

Robin became SUPERHUMAN while taking chemo...

So much of a superhuman that she can't even make it into the studio anymore.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

So, according to Robin, taking vitamins is stupid, but getting candy rubbed all over you on the side of the road is good?

To be fair she was referring to a pretty widely publicized study that came out recently saying vitamins (specifically, multivitamins) are total bullshit and people are throwing their money away.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Smeep posted:

To be fair she was referring to a pretty widely publicized study that came out recently saying vitamins (specifically, multivitamins) are total bullshit and people are throwing their money away.

True, but it's an utterly irresponsible thing to say if you are trying to make a name for yourself as a promoter of veganism.

Vegans can't get vitamin B12, and must take supplements to get it. Yeast and certain algaes have some B12 components, but any vegan who is educated about nutrition takes B12 supplements.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Brocktoon posted:

Just you wait. Mike and Ike therapy will take over the country after Robin writes her next book.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Smeep posted:

Yes, and as usual, Robin believes doctors only when it suits her. Any other time it's "Western Medicine is full of quacks! Green drink!"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Juice is LOADED with sugar!

*sips on "berry drink"*

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Artie has been on a Twitter rampage the past couple of days. Among his targets: Chelsea Handler, Jason Bateman, Amy Poehler and Rob Kardashian.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Poor Artie, whether he's robbing a bank, snorting coke off someone's CDs in their house unwanted at 4 am when they have to work at 9, getting kicked off a TV show for punching a cop, being called 'Bro', or nodding off on heroin at work, everyone is always picking on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hope Fa Fa got some Teen Anal dvds for Christmas.