Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

ynohtna posted:

Does anyone know where this still comes from?

Google Image search says: Journey to the Seventh Planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Ahah, that'll teach me for using TinEye and not Google.

Thanks - another flick added to must-find-and-watch-someday.txt!

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Thunderlips posted:

Could be The Heavenly Kid. It starts with a drag race killing the Greaser who then helps Jason Gedrick to become a real man.

Whole film is apparently on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvoZ-ts9leg

Thanks everybody, this is the film. Imdb tells me that the lead actor was also in Django Unchained , cool.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Thunderlips posted:

Could be The Heavenly Kid. It starts with a drag race killing the Greaser who then helps Jason Gedrick to become a real man.

Whole film is apparently on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvoZ-ts9leg

Hah, I remember seeing that on VHS when I was a kid and I still can't figure out how he couldn't get his bracelet off the gearshift in time in the opening race.

The IMDB page for that flick has a great Internet argument about how the arithmetic works out for the characters' ages and whether anyone should give a poo poo or not.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
There was an animated short I want to say Soviet era, 60s-70s if not Russian then Czech/Polish. Basically it depicted a kind alienating dystopia, very sci-fi very Geiger I want to say. There's a constant authoritarian voiceover saying things to the effect of "wake up, eat, sleep" telling you what to do and what not. Very dark palette

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Alan Smithee posted:

There was an animated short I want to say Soviet era, 60s-70s if not Russian then Czech/Polish. Basically it depicted a kind alienating dystopia, very sci-fi very Geiger I want to say. There's a constant authoritarian voiceover saying things to the effect of "wake up, eat, sleep" telling you what to do and what not. Very dark palette
There Will Come Soft Rains?

david_a fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 11, 2014

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
I'm looking for a movie that I think I watched about a year ago, probably on Canadian Netflix.

The movie took place in a lovely post-robot-wars future. The town in which it was set was surrounded by desert and wasteland. I think that most of the movie was training montage and flashbacks. The human protagonist was learning swordfighting from an old guy, and they were living in what might have been an abandoned warehouse. The old guy and the protagonist were sleeping on the floor, I think. There was a scene where the protagonist wakes up on the sandy warehouse floor next to a cup of ??tea??

The protagonist was training for a swordfight duel with the lead robot. For some reason, defeating the master robot in this way would disable all the other robots too, allowing humans to regain control of the earth. The robots had swords that were kept sheathed in their backs. I remember being surprised that every robot came with built in swords and none of them came with any ranged weapons. In the end, the main robot agrees to a duel with the protagonist and is defeated.

This was a live action movie, not animated. The robots were human sized and humanoid in shape. They were actual robots, not people in costume (like stormtroopers) or cyborgs.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

I think caught this on Comedy Central around 15 years ago, which would probably put the movie in the 80's to very early 90's. I remember two scenes:

1: A dinner date between a schlubby looking guy and a goth/wiccan girl. He's uneasy during the entire dinner date because she has no idea how to act in polite society, while she's a few steps removed from a feral animal. Dinner comes, and she tears into a piece of meat (chicken, I think?) like a wolf taking down a rabbit. Mortifed, the guy bolts for the door. The scene cuts back to the woman, a hunk of meat still dangling out of her mouth, leaning her chin on her hand. "What a guy..."

2: A group of teens (read: 30 year olds) taking out security cameras in a building (a school, maybe?), one of which notably imitates kung-fu cries while wielding a bottle of spray-paint in each hand. This might have been a rock music montage, but I couldn't say for certain.

I'm sort of sure I'm not getting two movies mixed up.

The second scene is definitely Rock 'n' Roll High School Forever (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100504/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3). The first one might be as well, but I don't remember it (though it sounds like a match because there's a crazy goth/witch girl that one of the side characters starts dating during the movie).

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 11, 2014

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

An 80s movie where a man falls or is thrown into a giant department store display of balls, causing them to bounce everywhere.

I think there was a scene in Unstrung Heroes (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114798/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_12) where a closet full of big bouncy balls gets released.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Ding ding ding

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Hello Thread. I'm trying to find a video I watched ages ago. It was a french short animation or music video about 3 mental patients (and friends) who escape from the hospital. One or more of them are still wearing straight jackets and they're doing everything with their feet. They steal an ambulance and crash it while two comical orderlies try to catch them with nets like dog catchers. There's also a photograph involved, of the three of them in front of a carving on a tree. They're running away to recreate that photograph, or to see the carving again, or something.

I think one of the last scenes is one of the patients touching up the carving using his toes and a pen knife.

I also think the orderlies may have caught them one at a time in very humorous ways.

I have tried, and tried, and tried to search for this thing, but I have failed to Google it. It was a funny, silly, cartoon, kind of heart warming. I remember it being a cross between Gorillaz and The Triplets of Belleville.

"Ages ago" may have been as long as 10 years ago.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
This one is driving me crazy. About a year ago, maybe a year and a half, My roommate and I saw a trailer for a really cool looking sci-fi movie. It was set in present day (I think) and was about a guy who had developed some new kind of technology. During the course of the movie, he integrates said tech into his own body, and becomes this crazy looking cyborg thing. I remember thinking he looked a lot like the guy from the Dishonored video game, or the creepy clockwork assassin guy from Hellboy.

Anyway, after that happens I think it becomes sort of an invisible man situation, where he doesn't know what's going on with his body and people are after him. Any help would be appreciated, I was expecting to hear more about the movie but it seemed to have disappeared :(

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kingtheninja posted:

This one is driving me crazy. About a year ago, maybe a year and a half, My roommate and I saw a trailer for a really cool looking sci-fi movie. It was set in present day (I think) and was about a guy who had developed some new kind of technology. During the course of the movie, he integrates said tech into his own body, and becomes this crazy looking cyborg thing. I remember thinking he looked a lot like the guy from the Dishonored video game, or the creepy clockwork assassin guy from Hellboy.

Anyway, after that happens I think it becomes sort of an invisible man situation, where he doesn't know what's going on with his body and people are after him. Any help would be appreciated, I was expecting to hear more about the movie but it seemed to have disappeared :(

Sounds like Transendence, the new Johnny Depp movie

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Discospawn posted:

The second scene is definitely Rock 'n' Roll High School Forever (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100504/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3). The first one might be as well, but I don't remember it (though it sounds like a match because there's a crazy goth/witch girl that one of the side characters starts dating during the movie).

Sounds about right! Thanks for your time.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Kingtheninja posted:

Is it The Prototype?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1p0_R8ZLB0

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

miryei posted:

I'm looking for a movie that I think I watched about a year ago, probably on Canadian Netflix.

The movie took place in a lovely post-robot-wars future. The town in which it was set was surrounded by desert and wasteland. I think that most of the movie was training montage and flashbacks. The human protagonist was learning swordfighting from an old guy, and they were living in what might have been an abandoned warehouse. The old guy and the protagonist were sleeping on the floor, I think. There was a scene where the protagonist wakes up on the sandy warehouse floor next to a cup of ??tea??

The protagonist was training for a swordfight duel with the lead robot. For some reason, defeating the master robot in this way would disable all the other robots too, allowing humans to regain control of the earth. The robots had swords that were kept sheathed in their backs. I remember being surprised that every robot came with built in swords and none of them came with any ranged weapons. In the end, the main robot agrees to a duel with the protagonist and is defeated.

This was a live action movie, not animated. The robots were human sized and humanoid in shape. They were actual robots, not people in costume (like stormtroopers) or cyborgs.

Long shot, but this maybe?: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107333/

miryei
Oct 11, 2011

No--the style wasn't at all medieval, more generic post-apocalyptic dystopian. I'm pretty sure that no-one had any ranged weapons, including bows. Also, I'm pretty sure the robots showed up on a tank at some point, and there were no horses.

I think the robots were colored--red and yellow, not black/silver/grey. Also, the movie may have been subtitled.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

"Knights" wasn't the correct answer but I just want to say when i saw it at 12 years old I thought it was one of the coolest movies ever made and still believe that to this day having never re-watched it.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

oldpainless posted:

"Knights" wasn't the correct answer but I just want to say when i saw it at 12 years old I thought it was one of the coolest movies ever made and still believe that to this day having never re-watched it.

Same with me. I was so disappointed with the ending and that the sequels were scrapped so I would never know the rest of the story. I'll never watch it again though.

rjsnyde
Nov 20, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
This is really bugging me, it was a movie where a high ranking military official, possibly foreign, was in jail and there was maybe a hostage situation or something going on where they were demanding his release. At the end he was released, but at the last second was ordered to stop, he starts to run for it and is gunned down. I can only remember the scene where he is being released from prison. Wish I could be more specific but all I remember is that one scene.

Nevermind it's Air Force One, realized it right after I hit post.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
got a few movies I need help with

1) Horror movie from the 90's. College kids are backpacking around and end up encountering a castle full of witches. One of the kids throws a knife at a witch, she stops it mid-air, flings it back with her powers, and it sinks right into his forehead.

2) This is a more recent movie. Visually it's a bit like A Scanner Darkly. I don't really think it had a plot it just a young man walking around having conversations about dreams.

3) another horror movie. One of those "Dracula 2000" movies. but it's not Dracula 2000. I checked. College kids get Dracula's body. bring him back to life and poo poo hits the fan.

I remember some rich dude was going to pay them for the body and one of his lines was "You can call me the money" or something like that. When Dracula gets free some one tries to stall him by throwing rice at him. Apparently vampires have to count stuff. Also I think there was a kung-fu monk as well.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Volume posted:

2) This is a more recent movie. Visually it's a bit like A Scanner Darkly. I don't really think it had a plot it just a young man walking around having conversations about dreams.

Waking Life

e: vvv too slow old man

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 13, 2014

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Volume posted:

This is most likely (okay almost certainly) "Waking Life" by Richard Linklater, who also did Scanner Darkly.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Volume posted:

3) another horror movie. One of those "Dracula 2000" movies. but it's not Dracula 2000. I checked. College kids get Dracula's body. bring him back to life and poo poo hits the fan.

I remember some rich dude was going to pay them for the body and one of his lines was "You can call me the money" or something like that. When Dracula gets free some one tries to stall him by throwing rice at him. Apparently vampires have to count stuff. Also I think there was a kung-fu monk as well.

Pretty sure that's Dracula II: Ascension, the sequel to Dracula 2000.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Okay, I am looking for a movie that I've watched about 10 to 15 years ago. I reckon it's a mid to late 90's movie.

It is about different (groups of) people who are trapped at a roadside diner/station at a desert highway at night. For some (supernatural) reason nobody can leave the general area, for example if they try to drive away, they just end up at that place again. There's drama and death, (and maybe the group is stalked by something,) till they can leave at dawn.

For the longest time I thought that movie was Lynch's Lost Highway, because the title fit so well, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Tarquinn posted:

It is about different (groups of) people who are trapped at a roadside diner/station at a desert highway at night. For some (supernatural) reason nobody can leave the general area, for example if they try to drive away, they just end up at that place again. There's drama and death, (and maybe the group is stalked by something,) till they can leave at dawn.

Could this be Identity?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

ynohtna posted:

Could this be Identity?

That looks highly probable! Thank you very much! :tipshat:

Totally didn't remember any rain.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

That's it exactly! Thanks, that was driving me nuts. Seems like it's stuck in limbo though, the teaser was out so long ago and there hasn't been any info since.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

First one I am trying to remember is a talking animal movie about a handful of pets that get lost somehow and need to get back to their owner/home. Only part I remember is one falling into a pit of some kind and getting wounded(?) I think there were a couple cats and/or dogs. From my younger days, so assuming 15-20 years old. Really want to find this one for my son but cant for the life of me remember what it was.

Second is a movie I saw when I was young as well, same sort of time frame. Maybe 10-15 years ago. Remember not being allowed to watch it. Was some style of kidnapper movie, where 1-2 guys kidnapped a girl. Don't remember much more than that about the details of the plot, but remember it ending in some sort of desert highway area with the girl shooting the last guy execution style with a shotgun or large revolver.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
First one is probably Homeward Bound: the Incredible Journey.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Imasalmon posted:

First one is probably Homeward Bound: the Incredible Journey.

Yes, that's the one. Thank you! Twenty years almost to the month too, not a bad guess.

Starscream
Aug 17, 2000

Spiteski posted:

Yes, that's the one. Thank you! Twenty years almost to the month too, not a bad guess.

There are a couple scenes that, as an adult, you'll crack up to, but children will miss: 1) when they get to the Aunt's(?) house everyone gets out of the car and the little boy gets out just as the Michael J Fox dog jumps out and bodychecks the kid's head into the inside of the car door. 2) when the animals are making their way back out in the open, the Michael J Fox dog runs headlong into a sapling and doesn't skip a beat. Typical boxer.

I love that movie. The voice acting has never grown tiresome for me, the message is good and the pacing clips along perfectly. Avoid the sequel however.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Starscream posted:

There are a couple scenes that, as an adult, you'll crack up to, but children will miss: 1) when they get to the Aunt's(?) house everyone gets out of the car and the little boy gets out just as the Michael J Fox dog jumps out and bodychecks the kid's head into the inside of the car door. 2) when the animals are making their way back out in the open, the Michael J Fox dog runs headlong into a sapling and doesn't skip a beat. Typical boxer.

I love that movie. The voice acting has never grown tiresome for me, the message is good and the pacing clips along perfectly. Avoid the sequel however.

We're going to watch it tonight, will definitely keep my eyes out for that sort of thing.
And yes, I've learnt to avoid any sequels to family movies, (and most movies in general) ever since The Sandlot sequel came out.

Now to hope someone can figure out the second movie. Not so much for my three year old's sake, but for mine. It's been bugging me for a long time now.

Starscream
Aug 17, 2000

Spiteski posted:

We're going to watch it tonight, will definitely keep my eyes out for that sort of thing.
And yes, I've learnt to avoid any sequels to family movies, (and most movies in general) ever since The Sandlot sequel came out.

Now to hope someone can figure out the second movie. Not so much for my three year old's sake, but for mine. It's been bugging me for a long time now.

As someone who who did the family thing for a few years I have to agree. You always want your childhood favourites to remain with you, but trust me, Land Before Time 5-10 are just not worth it!

Can you give anymore info on that second one? If it was a made-for-TV movie it makes me think of Wheels of Terror with Joanna Cassidy. Which, also, should not be watched.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.
Saw a Youtube clip form a movie a few months back where a guy and his girlfriend (fiance, wife?) get into an argument because she put his vinyl records out of order (she may have place a blues record next to a country record). She says how he never notices her and he doesn't even remember what she was wearing when they first met; he says that music is very important to him and he remembers the song that was playing when they first met.

I'm guessing the movie is late 90's early 2000's.

I had thought it was from High Fidelity, but I just watched that a week ago and it wasn't in there.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Diner

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

That's it, thanks.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Starscream posted:

As someone who who did the family thing for a few years I have to agree. You always want your childhood favourites to remain with you, but trust me, Land Before Time 5-10 are just not worth it!

Can you give anymore info on that second one? If it was a made-for-TV movie it makes me think of Wheels of Terror with Joanna Cassidy. Which, also, should not be watched.

Don't think that's the one. I am fairly certain it wasn't a serial killer type story. I think the antagonist(s) were of South American descent, maybe Chilean or Mexican, but it was an English speaking movie for sure. Girl I remember being brunette. I think the end seen may have had a three way fight kind of deal, maybe the two guys shooting each other, or a policeman, before the girl finishing them off, but that's a feeling at best.

Edit: fixing the wrong word.

Spiteski fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 14, 2014

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

I am trying to find a movie that i have very little detail on. All that I know is that it involves a young boy that has moved and he meets a young girl and they may have slept in a chicken coop. At the end the girl disappears. The boy wore a slipknot hoodie. I think the cover of the dvd was yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I have a feeling this will be too obscure, but I recall reading about an experimental filmmaker that was killed in the 1930s/1940s(?). His style was really similar to Len Lye and Norman McLaren with hand-painted film. The most I recall is that one of his films was on YouTube and the description mentioned he was killed in a police argument or something.