Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Duke Igthorn posted:

Who in the gently caress does he think owns these now???

Taking back education is a little tuffer...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

Freep posted:

At one point, only people who had skin in the game were thought by our founders to be deserving to vote.
White skin in the game, of course. Colored skin can have its own separate but equal game.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Slavery is one of those things that even the dog-whistliest Republicans know they have to vehemently condone, hence all the "Guess who started the KKK? That's right, liberals." deflection, but not on freep. They can't even pretend they wouldn't be the guy cracking the whip, and that guy's only justification is that it was legal at the time!

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

quiggy stardust posted:

George Soros, most likely.

Why is George Soros such a massive bogeyman for crazy conservative types anyway?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

SC Bracer posted:

Why is George Soros such a massive bogeyman for crazy conservative types anyway?

Rich, liberal, Jew, uhh supports not treating people like poo poo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

DemeaninDemon posted:

Rich, liberal, Jew, uhh supports not treating people like poo poo.

They never go after Warren Buffett.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

twistedmentat posted:

Warren Buffett isn't a dirty foreigner.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
Freepers: Tone meant to be a wry grin and a wink.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

SC Bracer posted:

Glenn Beck repeatedly raided against him back when he was still on FOX. Beck put Soros as the "puppetmaster" in some vast leftist conspiracy. He's been a conservative meme ever since, even after Beck got kicked out of FOX and his relevancy to the right has plummeted.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

It helps that Soros has actually done some dubious stuff (though little or none of it seems to involve his political donations).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros#Career

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 14, 2014

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Infographic: Scientists Who Doubt Human-Caused Climate Change

quote:

To: llevrok
...they do realize that scientists who were pushing Global Warming conspired to prevent doubters from being published right?

2 posted on 1/13/2014 3:42:54 PM by Tzimisce
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
Ah yes, that 'peer review' thing :rolleyes:

quote:

To: llevrok
What step is concensus in the Scientific Method? We never learned that there was such a thing in science when I was in school.

5 posted on 01/13/2014 1:47:21 PM PST by Bob
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Bob
They openly commit the logical fallacy of argumentum ad numerum. And either theyre too stupid to realize it, or they think were too stupid to realize it.

Then again, with the idiotic feminized sheeple, its all about conforming to the consensus. Majority rules, to them, in science, and dont try to confuse them with the facts.

30 posted on 01/13/2014 2:09:53 PM PST by afsnco
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Yehuda
I know quite a few physicists. Dont know one who buys into catastrophic AGW. Why? Because they understand the physics involved!

43 posted on 1/13/2014 4:59:56 PM by piytar (The predator-class is furious that their prey are shooting back.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]
-----------------------
Somali Muslim Migrants Protest Welfare Reform in Maine
These posts are indistinguishable from stormfront

quote:

To: lowbridge
Why are we still letting this scum in here?

3 posted on 01/13/2014 12:42:25 PM PST by ZULU (Magua is sitting in the Oval Office. Ted Cruz/Phil Robertson in 2016.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: forgotten man
My daughter worked at Catholic Charities for a year while she attended college. She use to come home and complain about the welfare queens driving Lexus and BMW's to pick up their rotten bastards. It was a good lesson for my daughter to learn. She got a first hand look at what I've been telling her for years.
32 posted on 01/13/2014 1:27:15 PM PST by peeps36 (I'm Not A Racist, I Hate Douchebags of All Colors)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: ZULU
We get millions of useless immigrants and refugees ....but the Somalians are the most useless of the useless. They are idiots but walk around with a Muslim air of superiority. So I have read. They never get along with American blacks when living in proximity and they will fight each other.

The Congressional black caucus promotes African immigration and refugees. They are to blame along with do gooder churches that profit off each refugee they bring into America.

28 posted on 01/13/2014 1:19:39 PM PST by dennisw (The first principle is to find out who you are then you can achieve anything -- Buddhist monk)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

Why are Christian organizations helping the poor?!?!?! :byodood:

quote:

WHY in the name of GOD are Christian groups DOING THIS?????

Where is Pope Urban II when we REALLY need him?????

16 posted on 01/13/2014 12:52:39 PM PST by ZULU (Magua is sitting in the Oval Office. Ted Cruz/Phil Robertson in 2016.)

quote:

That is what I said to myself when I saw a bunch of Somalian women in hijabs walking out of the Catholic Charities office. Non profits are in it for the money. The non profit corporations get the money and pay themselves salaries.

19 posted on 01/13/2014 12:57:45 PM PST by forgotten man
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies ]

quote:

They pretend to be Christian groups but they are just a bunch of Communists trying to undermine whatever denomination they have invaded.

41 posted on 01/13/2014 1:58:38 PM PST by WashingtonSource

quote:

To: WashingtonSource
Bingo! This is a calculated plan that was begun in the early 1960s to infiltrate the religious organizations.
43 posted on 01/13/2014 2:43:41 PM PST by NoExpectations
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: knarf
Would appear those days are done.

It would, of course, be racist.... insensitive.... and intolerant not to help these poor jihadi - err, immigrants.

After all, Maine is FULL of white privilege folk who have more than they need... and need to be relieved of that burden.

20 posted on 1/13/2014 2:58:01 PM by NFHale (The Second Amendment - By Any Means Necessary.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

quote:

WHY in the name of GOD are Christian groups DOING THIS?????

Where is Pope Urban II when we REALLY need him?????

16 posted on 01/13/2014 12:52:39 PM PST by ZULU (Magua is sitting in the Oval Office. Ted Cruz/Phil Robertson in 2016.)

Just in case anyone didn't get this reference: Urban II was the pope who made the original call to crusade at Clermont in 1085 (if I remember the year right).

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

quote:

I know quite a few physicists. Dont know one who buys into catastrophic AGW. Why? Because they understand the physics involved!

43 posted on 1/13/2014 4:59:56 PM by piytar (The predator-class is furious that their prey are shooting back.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

I believe the first part (well, not "quite a few"). There is a non-negligible number of physicists who think that climate science is just a debased form of physics and that physicists (the smartest scientists) can just do a simple thermodynamic model and call it a day. Same with engineers.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"They are idiots but walk around with an air of superiority. They never get along with American blacks."

Where is the giant growing :ironicat:?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Stultus Maximus posted:

I believe the first part (well, not "quite a few"). There is a non-negligible number of physicists who think that climate science is just a debased form of physics and that physicists (the smartest scientists) can just do a simple thermodynamic model and call it a day. Same with engineers.

There's the problem! Stupid physicists are using models that only consider the start and end points. Since GCC is on going, they need to use kinetics.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

We get millions of useless immigrants and refugees ....but the Somalians are the most useless of the useless. They are idiots but walk around with a Muslim air of superiority. So I have read. They never get along with American blacks when living in proximity and they will fight each other.
The Congressional black caucus promotes African immigration and refugees. They are to blame along with do gooder churches that profit off each refugee they bring into America.
28 posted on 01/13/2014 1:19:39 PM PST by dennisw (The first principle is to find out who you are then you can achieve anything -- Buddhist monk)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

"So I have read" should be appended to the end of every Freep sentence.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Duke Igthorn posted:

"So I have read" should be appended to the end of every Freep sentence.

What I get a kick out of is the blatantly wrong quote about Buddhism (first principle is literally "There is suffering*") sourced to an unnamed Buddhist monk.

* The word is actually dukkha which is one of things that doesn't translate well, but basically covers anything from physical suffering to more existential forms.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Reading this thread is Terribly depressing.

I hope to god this lot are all really old. I hope that in time, their ilk will fade from memory.

They are people's sisters, brothers, mothers and fathers and grandparents, but I still wish that one day this blight simply ceases to exist.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ocrassus posted:

I hope to god this lot are all really old. I hope that in time, their ilk will fade from memory.

They are people's sisters, brothers, mothers and fathers and grandparents, but I still wish that one day this blight simply ceases to exist.

They're old, but don't worry. Stormfront and 4chan's /pol/ draw in the younger crowd.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Smiling Knight posted:

Just picking out this from the pile of poo poo because it is so obviously wrong. The entire American Southwest was conquered via war from another indisputably sovereign state, as was Puerto Rico, Guantanamo, Wake and Midway and Guam. The Midwest, Florida, and Hawaii were seized from natives in a combination of wars and coercive treaties which were immediately broken. Did this individual simply not take 6th grade history?

Literally the entire territory of the United States was acquired by warring on and forcibly relocating Native Americans. Like, all of it. Like I don't understand how ignorant of history you have to be to not realize that the origin of the United States is as colonies of the British Empire, as enshrined on our loving flag. :psyduck:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Glenn Beck repeatedly raided against him back when he was still on FOX. Beck put Soros as the "puppetmaster" in some vast leftist conspiracy. He's been a conservative meme ever since, even after Beck got kicked out of FOX and his relevancy to the right has plummeted.

I think Soros panic is older than that. It was a thing during the Bush years before Beck had gotten all that prominent.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Ocrassus posted:

They are, and if it's any help remember that they often gripe about how their families ignore/avoid them, particularly around the holidays.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

They are, and if it's any help remember that they often gripe about how their families ignore/avoid them, particularly around the holidays.

That's a damned lie! They totally schooled those damned lieberal ungrateful relatives, and are completely glad they don't have to sully their home with the likes of them every year!

(oh god why don't they call...)

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

OAquinas posted:

That's a damned lie! They totally schooled those damned lieberal ungrateful relatives, and are completely glad they don't have to sully their home with the likes of them every year!

(oh god why don't they call...)

myparents.txt

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Oh god reading those always makes me fume because it's always such poorly constructed models with clearly improper systems.

poop device
Mar 6, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
I recently got into it with my uncle on fb about discretionary spending and he brought up how (paraphrasing) '...all the great empires failed because people kept asking for more and more things from their government makers/takers, revisionist history, etc' and I'm wondering if I should nudge him towards freep to get him off my drat feed or if that kind of echo chamber will only make things worse.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

kik2dagroin posted:

quote:

That is what I said to myself when I saw a bunch of Somalian women in hijabs walking out of the Catholic Charities office. Non profits are in it for the money. The non profit corporations get the money and pay themselves salaries.

19 posted on 01/13/2014 12:57:45 PM PST by forgotten man

If only the IRS had ways to search for sham organizations trying to abuse non-profit status. If only there was some way we could review their activities to decide if they are sufficiently apolitical and devoted to social causes to truly be considered tax-exempt. There are so many organizations like that, though. What would really be needed would be some key words to identify the most blatantly obvious fraudsters. Oh well.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

StandardVC10 posted:

I think Soros panic is older than that. It was a thing during the Bush years before Beck had gotten all that prominent.
"Well look how effective OUR billionaires are, if they have one too we're hosed!"

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Guavanaut posted:

Where is the giant growing :ironicat:?

Is there a similar growing one for the :catstare: smilie? It would perfectly describe how I often feel after reading this thread.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Just in case anyone didn't get this reference: Urban II was the pope who made the original call to crusade at Clermont in 1085 (if I remember the year right).

He gave his infamous speech in 1095.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

quote:

My daughter worked at Catholic Charities for a year while she attended college. She use to come home and complain about the welfare queens driving Lexus and BMW's to pick up their rotten bastards. It was a good lesson for my daughter to learn. She got a first hand look at what I've been telling her for years.
32 posted on 01/13/2014 1:27:15 PM PST by peeps36 (I'm Not A Racist, I Hate Douchebags of All Colors)
shitthatdidnthappen.rtf.doc.txt

IrritationX
May 5, 2004

Bitch, what you don't know about me I can just about squeeze in the Grand fucking Canyon.

Swan Oat posted:

Literally the entire territory of the United States was acquired by warring on and forcibly relocating Native Americans. Like, all of it. Like I don't understand how ignorant of history you have to be to not realize that the origin of the United States is as colonies of the British Empire, as enshrined on our loving flag. :psyduck:

The right to be a cock to non-Christians living on land claimed by Christians is also enshrined in our history. I'd be shocked as hell if a Freeper knew about it, but it's there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_doctrine

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

baw posted:

He gave his infamous speech in 1095.

Arg, off by a decade. Well, I'll just be lying down in the street now, waiting to die.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Nenonen posted:

shitthatdidnthappen.rtf.doc.txt

And the best part about is the assumption that the cars are new models, and not (from my own observation working at a car wash) older used models.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LunarShadow posted:

And the best part about is the assumption that the cars are new models, and not (from my own observation working at a car wash) older used models.

I've worked at a grocery store. I've volunteered at food pantries. I have never, ever seen the Cadillac and lobster nig- food stamp recipient that so many people hear about from a friend of a sister of a...

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I went to FReep looking for reactions to 12 Years a Slave winning best picture last night; instead, I found an even more precious gem:
Example of Academic Indoctrination - White Privilege

The OP is a transcript of a video the poster had to watch in class that seems to be a very basic look at the concept of white privilege. Other than identifying the characters in the video like (David) White American Male Speaker 1 and Mexican-Irish Male Speaker anytime they are mentioned, it's really just a boring, massive wall of text.

The comments, however, go between what you'd expect:

quote:

To: madmominct

Speaking as faculty from a community college—You should consider a different school and a different major.

2 posted on Tue Jan 14 11:08:30 2014 by Arm_Bears (Refuse; Resist; Rebel; Revolt!)

quote:

"When we give up who we are to become American, we know that we are dying from it."

Then effing leave.
3 posted on Tue Jan 14 11:08:46 2014 by dfwgator

quote:

I stopped reading at “why can’t we just be humans?”

Well, fine. Except that the leftists are the ones perpetuating the “diversity” and race-hustling nonsense.

4 posted on Tue Jan 14 11:08:55 2014 by henkster (Communists never negotiate.)

And FReepers flexing their (atrophied) intellectual muscles:

quote:

I can’t do it. This is work. I started and the frustration builds as I see the direction it’s going. Do your assignment on your own (LOL).

I would work this in to your assignment somehow...

The classification of individuals based on any sociological, ethnic or economic status is inherently racist. It categorizes and divides humans in an effort to measure something AGAINST something else. By its very nature, this process of collecting and reporting statistics is to set a baseline to stereotype for the purposes of prejudging groups and/or classes for the purposes of social justice and legislation. In effect, classifying people is an effort by liberals to find and label victims and oppressors. It is exactly the antithesis of what liberals and democrats claim to “solve” racism or discrimination. The solution to racism is to stop the false victimization of individuals based on their race, religion, economic status, etc. When individuals are recognized for the fruit of their own labor and the actual content of their character instead the diabolical government influence of sympathy and helplessness bestowed by classifications of citizens, a diverse America will flourish in the ingenuity and capability of the individual American spirit.

13 posted on Tue Jan 14 11:23:06 2014 by Tenacious 1 (Liberals can afford for things to go well, to work, for folks to be happy. They'd be out of work.)

quote:

To be white in America, for most of our history is to be in the majority. Take a look at Congress and count the minorities. It will be fewer than 25% of the total. Take a look at the Supreme Court. Take a look at almost any city under 50,000 people. For the most part, they have white majorities.

The reason whites may have no distinction between “white” and “American” is because, in most of our history, we have always been the majority. We write the laws. We determine what is acceptable and what is not.

If you take the same white person and airlift him into Japan or Kenya or Chile, he is not longer the majority race and he is no longer considered part of the group.

So, the issue is not white racism. It is majority-ism and I would contend that if you study black-run African cultures like Zimbabwe or Asian-run countries or Arab-run countries that the majority is almost uniformly racist towards other outsiders and will seek to limit their influence and power.

Such is why wars are fought.

My answer to you in response to this exercise is to say that racism is not the issue as much as majority-ism and that minorities in the U.S. are doing a bang-up job changing the dynamics in the U.S. by out-birthing and out-immigrating whites so that they will soon be a minority. The minorities just need to be patient and soon they will be the majority.

16 posted on Tue Jan 14 11:27:56 2014 by OrangeHoof (2001-2008: "Dissent Is Patriotism!" 2009-2016: "Dissent Is Racism!")
It really amazes me how someone can be both so close yet so far away.

quote:

If it were me, I would send a certified letter to the President of the school, threatening to file a civil rights complaint against the school on the grounds that the course discriminated against me because the list did not have a white American male of Ashkenazi Jewish heritage on the list, and therefore I was offended.

Obviously, since there was no Jewish male on the list, and thus no one for me to identify with, the school is forcing me to deny my ethnic heritage, and adding insult to the injury by forcing me to pretend to identify with an ethnicity other than my own, or perhaps even one that victimized me.

Clearly, the school is anti-semitic, and thus owes me reparations — or at least an automatic affirmative action passing grade in the course even if I don’t participate or do any of the assignments.

17 posted on Tue Jan 14 11:28:07 2014 by Maceman (Just say "NO" to tyranny.)

quote:

They all sound like women. “I feel this”, or “I feel that”.

Grow a spine and start dealing with the issues. The black guy is hurt that asian women flinch when he walks by. He needs to ask huiimself why that is. It’s becasue far too many black guys have assualted them in teh past.

No where in this entire discussion is behavior mentioned at all. The minorites don’t want to be “acting white” but they get upset when we white folk reject their chosen behavior as inappropriate.

If they want to act like their own little culture then they canot expect to be accepted into the general culture. Have they never studied history? Every society has mores that must be adhered to to be accepted.

Then they question the white guy because he doesn’t think of himself as “white”. Maybe if they stopped think ing of themselves as black/asian etc then they’d understand.

22 posted on Tue Jan 14 11:37:04 2014 by John O (God Save America (Please))

Edit: why can't apostraphes and quotation marks be normal :v:

MizPiz fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 14, 2014

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I swear I've heard "MY DAUGHTER worked at [charity] during college and told me about all the moochers..." at least five times already. Is it the same guy or is that just what they've figured out as the best case scenario to use for their stdh.txt complaints?

I might be stdh.txting them and this is the first time they have used it but it really feels familiar and I really don't like actually going to their hate site to check.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 14, 2014

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Stultus Maximus posted:

I've worked at a grocery store. I've volunteered at food pantries. I have never, ever seen the Cadillac and lobster nig- food stamp recipient that so many people hear about from a friend of a sister of a...

I didn't mean to imply hat they do exist, my bad. I just meant that alot of the times that people use a type of car as a condemnation, the fact that it might be a ten year old used car tends to never be a possibility in their minds.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Radish posted:

I swear I've heard "MY DAUGHTER worked at [charity] during college and told me about all the moochers..." at least five times already. Is it the same guy or is that just what they've figured out as the best case scenario to use for their stdh.txt complaints?

I might be stdh.txting them and this is the first time they have used it but it really feels familiar and I really don't like actually going to their hate site to check.

For some reason conservatives love going on about how they pwned their "intellectual" liberal daughter and proved how they only believe what they do because of their femaleness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Radish posted:

Well, a minimum number of community service hours are a requirement at a lot of high schools now. So you have a lot of kids "volunteering" at these places when they really don't want to.

I suspect that a Freeper often has lovely Freeper-lite children, who go to soup kitchens and charities and see what they want to see, or tell Dad waht he wants to hear.

Or its just simple STDH. No way to know, I guess.

• Locked thread