Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Chupacabra is the best because it almost always involves Old Man Juarez, Baby, and Goat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I've been loving the faux-contempt on CBB's commercials. My biggest laugh of the episode was Scott adding "I DON'T GIVE A poo poo" while talking about the many possible uses of some Earwolf merchandise.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

bobservo posted:

I've been loving the faux-contempt on CBB's commercials. My biggest laugh of the episode was Scott adding "I DON'T GIVE A poo poo" while talking about the many possible uses of some Earwolf merchandise.

Drink the Hot Sauce!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

The ones where Kroll machineguns characters are some of my favourite ever episodes of CBB: there's one with Scheer and another with Mulaney where they finally get to Plugs and the room is just filled with various one-note characters.

Marv Albert/Don Pardo was the best thing. I don't know why people saying "Myoosical guest!" entertains me so much but it does.

Liz & Liz are my least favorite characters on Kroll Show but oh well, still a good ep. Jenny Slate is adorable.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Marv Albert/Don Pardo was the best thing. I don't know why people saying "Myoosical guest!" entertains me so much but it does.

Liz & Liz are my least favorite characters on Kroll Show but oh well, still a good ep. Jenny Slate is adorable.

The only time I liked a Liz appearance is when she went to the ice hockey rink with Caesar. Everywhere else, yeah, weak characters on an otherwise great show.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I thought that Sly Stallone was pretty funny, but Liz and Liz were a little one note. I'm also hoping it goes back to Comedy Big Bang Theory rather than Big Bang Theory Comedy.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I wished Benny Schwa would've called it Comedy Ping Pong

Edit: The End

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Every one of Nick Kroll's characters irritates the poo poo out of me. I seriously can't think of one that I like. They're over the top to the point where I just don't care. But when he's himself (or relatively himself, The Douche and his character on The League aren't bad), I'm on board.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

If you don't love the "Oh, Hello" guys then you are pretty much a terrible monster.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Eltoasto posted:

If you don't love the "Oh, Hello" guys then you are pretty much a terrible monster.

Probably got too much tuna.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

There names are Gil Faison and George St. Geegland and they wanna know if you wanna do a little cuckaine, in hot car with menthol cigarette.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Eltoasto posted:

I love Too Much Tuna and Dr. Armond. I also loved Jenny slate's story that her grandma thought nick kroll as Liz was both a real woman and a total mess.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Probably got too much tuna.

He got pronked

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
The Oh Hello guys are the greatest.

I4H has Lauren Lapkus, Andy Daly, and Seth Morris on today's episode.

A crime went

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Politicalrancor posted:

There names are Gil Faison and George St. Geegland and they wanna know if you wanna do a little cuckaine, in hot car with menthol cigarette.

Will they provide the coffee breath?

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

I drive a mustard yellow vulva

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

For the record, Randy Moss's Dog is the best Kroll character. Don't think he's ever done it on CBB though.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Eltoasto posted:

Oh poo poo, I forgot about those two.. sorry gang didn't mean to start any beef.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

GobiasIndustries posted:

Oh poo poo, I forgot about those two.. sorry gang didn't mean to start any beef.

Beef: not happening anymore

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
:woop: bonus episode today! :woop:

PFT/Laupkus/Wittels (from Riot LA, it was the pic posted earlier)

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Did'ja hear?!

A crime went!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

Did'ja hear?!

A crime went!
How is this the catch phrase that is catching on from this episode?

Crime on the front, went on the back.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Scott's new running joke seems to be "being a bit deaf."
Also I was listening to it a bit quietly while walking and thought that PFT was doing Cakeboss again.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Lon Gunderwear.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Gonna have to re-listen for quotes re: gators

Also I think we should put our heads together and design a bearcat scanner

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Bad news, Bearcat is a brand of police radio scanner.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

It will continue to be a half cat half bear radio device in my mind.

Ya'll ever seen a gator do a double take?

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I really hope closing sentiment-off becomes a thing.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

bowser posted:

I really hope closing sentiment-off becomes a thing.

It would be pretty hard to top the initial run though.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Eltoasto posted:

Where's my scoop?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
This week's CBB and I4H were fantastic. Didn't like either show last week, Besser needs to quit calling Doug Levinson

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Agreed on both counts. Probably because Lauren Lapkus is a goddamn genius.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Feels pretty weird seeing Reggie Watts in Bud Light commercials.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Trujillo posted:

Feels pretty weird seeing Reggie Watts in Bud Light commercials.

Yeah, but I'm glad he's making some cash though.

As for today's show, I was really excited by the guests but man, those characters really didn't do much for me. I think they did about as much as they could with them, just not the best premise.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Good episode if only for the absolutely flawless Van Hammersly reference.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Yeah, it is a bit unfortunate that this week and last Monday (in my opinion anyway) had amazing opening bits with real people, then started to drag a bit once they became characters. Both guys this week super funny people but definitely dipped into the SNL school of character acting of 'talk loudly with a funny accent' just a bit.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

DId everyone here like the Nick Kroll/Jenny Slate episode? I didn't think it was good at all, start to whenever I stopped listening. Am I alone?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

erezaka posted:

DId everyone here like the Nick Kroll/Jenny Slate episode? I didn't think it was good at all, start to whenever I stopped listening. Am I alone?

Me neither. But I'm a very hateful person.

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

Open fierce skies on me, on a bird and we experience the new death indeed.

erezaka posted:

That episode just didn't work for me at all, it was the first CBB I couldn't make it through in a looong time. Which is weird because I enjoy them both on most of the things they do.

On the other hand I thought Taran Killam and Paul Brittain did an awesome job this time. Their first appearance I didn't enjoy that much, but the thought of two full sized horses punching each other to death had me cracking up pretty hard.

SlowlyChoking fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

erezaka posted:

I skipped it because I wasn't really a fan of the Liz character the last time he did it on CBB (and on Kroll Show)