Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

ozza posted:

I've only ever seen Zahn in Treme, but he was decent throughout that.

His character in Treme is completely insufferable for the majority of the show, but I suppose that's kind of the point too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Gonz posted:

Saving Silverman.

I unironically love this movie. It's also the most tolerable version of "wacky" Jack Black because he plays an idiot man-child instead of the quirky hero.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Not while Ron Livingston and Kyle Chandler are around.

They are good but Steve Zahn is better than both of them by a lot.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I unironically love this movie. It's also the most tolerable version of "wacky" Jack Black because he plays an idiot man-child instead of the quirky hero.

Yep. It's a really, really stupid comedy that also doesn't make me feel embarrassed to be in the same room when it's playing and that's rare.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
He's perfectly cast in Shattered Glass. Then again everyone in that movie is. It's one of the few journalism movies where I don't feel like I'm watching actors try to be normal people (which is one of my few, if only issues with All the President's Men).

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Yep. It's a really, really stupid comedy that also doesn't make me feel embarrassed to be in the same room when it's playing and that's rare.

I think it's because there's no cynicism to its stupidity and instead it comes off really sincere. It's not like "haha, look at how dumb we are being laugh at us" like most dumb comedies. It also has some of the best modern slapstick humor and everyone feels like they're having a genuinely fun time making it.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

mr. mephistopheles posted:

They are good but Steve Zahn is better than both of them by a lot.

Hey, I like Steve Zahn. Have for a long time. But I've never seen Zahn do something like Chandler's scenes in The Spectacular Now - not even close.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, Ron Livingston, I'll give you, Chandler, no way.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
If I was a casting director I'd cast Chandler and Livingston as brother cops chasing a loose cannon father son duo played by Peter Gallagher and Matthew Fox. The twist... they are all related! :haw:

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Poster for Cooties

Plot description:
A mysterious virus hits an isolated elementary school, transforming the kids into a feral swarm of mass savages. An unlikely hero (Elijah Wood) must lead a motley band of teachers in the fight of their lives.

Even though it's incredibly minimalist- it really works, and the font/style perfect encapsulates 70s/80s horror.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

CaptainHollywood posted:

Poster for Cooties

Plot description:
A mysterious virus hits an isolated elementary school, transforming the kids into a feral swarm of mass savages. An unlikely hero (Elijah Wood) must lead a motley band of teachers in the fight of their lives.

Even though it's incredibly minimalist- it really works, and the font/style perfect encapsulates 70s/80s horror.

Yeah, the title font is the Poltergeist font, isn't it?

Elijah Wood is just doing all these horror/thriller movies now. And he's joined with Rainn Wilson and Hurley?!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

CaptainHollywood posted:

Poster for Cooties

Plot description:

80's horror films had the greatest taglines.

Edit: Wait, that's a new movie? Well then they really got the aesthetic down. That's perfect.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Young Freud posted:

Yeah, the title font is the Poltergeist font, isn't it?

Elijah Wood is just doing all these horror/thriller movies now. And he's joined with Rainn Wilson and Hurley?!

Not Poltergeist, though it does remind me of something very specific. I wanted to say Slugs, but that's a different look.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

Edit: Wait, that's a new movie? Well then they really got the aesthetic down. That's perfect.

Yeah, until he mentioned Elijah Wood I would have totally bought that as something from the 80s.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
My first thought was the font from Clue, which is the right period but wrong genre.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

deoju posted:

My first thought was the font from Clue, which is the right period but wrong genre.

Similar bodycount.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cacator posted:

His character in Treme is completely insufferable for the majority of the show, but I suppose that's kind of the point too.

Everything in that show was insufferable.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, until he mentioned Elijah Wood I would have totally bought that as something from the 80s.

The only thing that caught me that it wasn't an old poster was the skeleton hand. Doesn't look practical.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

The only thing that caught me that it wasn't an old poster was the skeleton hand. Doesn't look practical.

I'm pretty sure that's an illustration.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

I actually think this is a nice subversion of The 40-Year-Old Virgin's poster template. Unlike those movies, we have a person whose actions have serious and real consequences. You get the idea we're in for two hours of pathological lying and/or mental gymnastics. But there's still enough mystery to why he's smiling that we'll have to see it to find out.

Seriously as a big fan of The Fog of War, I'm going to check this movie out.

Also, here's a much larger, but cropped, version of Rummy's poo poo-eating grin. :gonk:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Echo Chamber posted:

I actually think this is a nice subversion of The 40-Year-Old Virgin's poster template. Unlike those movies, we have a person whose actions have serious and real consequences. You get the idea we're in for two hours of pathological lying and/or mental gymnastics. But there's still enough mystery to why he's smiling that we'll have to see it to find out.

Also, here's a much larger, but cropped, version of Rummy's poo poo-eating grin. :gonk:

The Fog of War is great and if this is anything like it I can't wait.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

He is doing it because its his wife's favorite book.

James Franco and Tracy Jordan in Okie Ranch Hands Be Trippin.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

morestuff posted:

Not Poltergeist, though it does remind me of something very specific. I wanted to say Slugs, but that's a different look.

That little girl's got a huge rear end

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That's the bottom of her slippers.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
No, that's funny.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

sassassin posted:

That little girl's got a huge rear end

Her rear end is what killed her.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Poster for the upcoming film which is sort of a follow up to Wet Hot American Summer.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Mister Chief posted:

Poster for the upcoming film which is sort of a follow up to Wet Hot American Summer.

That poster sucks, but then that's the idea right? Anyway, those quotes are loving hilarious.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I can not wait to see that thing, and those quotes are indeed amazing, as is the little thing at the bottom about New York.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

The quotes :laffo: That's funny as poo poo.

Two random posters from me today. I can't speak for the quality of the film, but this poster for Hard Boiled Sweets is really good in my opinion, for a character grid poster. It looks sleek.

A Tale of Two Sisters poster which made me interested in the movie

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Suzuki Method posted:

I can't speak for the quality of the film, but this poster for Hard Boiled Sweets is really good in my opinion, for a character grid poster. It looks sleek.

Is that a British remake of Hard Candy?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I guess someone has to make Guy Ritchie movies now that Guy Ritchie isn't making them.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Mister Chief posted:

Holy poo poo yes.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

kiimo posted:

Everything in that show was insufferable.
You're actually wrong. It's in fact the best show. And Steve Zahn was surprisingly great in it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mister Chief posted:

Scanned, saw Chris Meloni. The gang's all back.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Scanned, saw Chris Meloni. The gang's all back.

No H. Jon Benjamin. Yet...

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Echo Chamber posted:

He just needs to curl his lip back a little more...

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

No H. Jon Benjamin. Yet...

Too busy sucking his own dick.

A lot.

monstertruckdriver
Jul 23, 2006
give em another 3% and make em water

Echo Chamber posted:

I was immediately reminded of this:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

monstertruckdriver posted:

I was immediately reminded of this:

Fatt Damon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of